What is the worst movie you have ever seen? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkm2e
Definitely, ConAir, with Keanu Reeves. My dh and I went to see it on our first date. When it was over, we just looked at each other and said, "that was awful!"
Wasn't Can Air with Nicholas Cage?
#122 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 12:17 PM

I hated My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I am probably the only one. The funny parts were all in the commercial.
#123 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 12:55 PM

Anything Leonardo DiCapprio something about him I can't stand.....
Same goes for Jim Carey for some reason, I just want to slap him!!!!
I slept through The Matrix Reloaded in the theater.....
I know many of you disagree, but American Beauty makes my "Don't Watch " list. Something about that movie just creeped me out w/ the teenage girl and older man. :Puke
sorry.
#124 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

Oh I loathed lost in translation (many loved it)

I'm odd but I *loved* Kung Pow! Makes fun of all those martial arts movies (I love martial arts movies as well) I laughed through it which was good because I laugh through many serious martial arts flicks.

db
#125 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 02:44 PM

Door in the Floor is a new release. So SO bad. Also Napoleon Dynamite. NOT funny like its supposed to be. My worst all time bad? Its Pat from SNL.
#126 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaryLLL
Can you explain why? I thought it was so boring and ick-making. It seemed to have no real point. I couldn't identify with the characters.
Exactly. :LOL
#127 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 04:09 PM

I forgot about Ready to Wear, the Paris fashion show movie...

bad bad movie...

I loved Punch Drunk Love, I own it and have watched it many times.

ConAir is Nicolas Cage.
I didn't think it was a bad movie, it was just what I expected. i have different expectations for each movie, when I see an action/adventure movie, Im not comparing it to a drama and I enjoy it for what it is.
There aren't very many movies I don't enjoy but I do have a hard time watching Keanu's "acting"
#128 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsmom
I know many of you disagree, but American Beauty makes my "Don't Watch " list. Something about that movie just creeped me out w/ the teenage girl and older man. :Puke
sorry.

It creeped me out too but he did the right thing in the end when he realized that she was really just a little girl trying to act older. I love the growth of his character.
#129 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 06:53 PM

Movies I've seen lately that I hated:

Lost in Translation
Requiem of a Dream
Trainspotting

All highly aclaimed, all either terribly boring or too disturbing for words.

Mama to three small people; wife to one big person; pet-person to cats and dogs..."Be the change you want to see in the world"-- Gandhi
#130 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Ok, I have anohter one for this list. I'm really embarassed to admit that I even watched the whole thing, but I was knitting and we don't have cable & nothing else was on. I didn't feel well & needed something mindless to do whilst knitting. Surely you understand...?

Anyway:

Glitter

with Mariah Carey. Ugh. Horrible movie. Just horrible.

And for the record, I didn't care for American Beauty, but I LOVED Trainspotting. And the soundtrack was awesome. I still listen to it.
#131 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 08:15 PM

That Thing You Do
B O R I N G
#132 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa
Man I loved Punch Drunk Love.

Help me out here....WHAT was that all about? I saw it and and after about 20 minutes I was like...OMG, I don't think there IS a point to this....but maybe there is....and I made myself watch it...it was painful. I also watched Royal Tennenbaums that same week and turned that crap off after 15 minutes. Maybe they were in the same vein?
#133 of 470 Old 01-02-2005, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmama
Help me out here....WHAT was that all about? I saw it and and after about 20 minutes I was like...OMG, I don't think there IS a point to this....but maybe there is....and I made myself watch it...it was painful. I also watched Royal Tennenbaums that same week and turned that crap off after 15 minutes. Maybe they were in the same vein?
I love both movies actually. I don't know how to explain either one though. I see Punch Drunk Love as a kind of finding redemption in love kind of story. They are both odd movies, so I can see how people would not like them if it were not their kind of movie.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#134 of 470 Old 01-03-2005, 08:16 PM

I'm kind of FLIPPING OUT OVER HERE over some of the movies mentioned in this thread.
Clockwork Orange, Pulp Fiction, Pi?! I love those. And how can you hate Cabin Fever with a hot and gooey scene like that one? Hmmm? (Ah, I crack me up!)

Anyway, the worst movie I've ever seen in my whole life:

The Last Condom

It's just seriously bad.
#135 of 470 Old 01-03-2005, 11:47 PM

I can't say just one either:

Eyes Wide Shut

Ghost Ship(the part with the piano wire or whatever it was gave me nightmares for weeks)

Rolling Kansas (when I read the cover I thought it sounded funny,it absolutey was not.One of the stupidest movies ever)

Dumb and Dumberer(or whatever it is called,absolutely horrible!!I did like Dumb and Dumber though : Those mills they drive by in the very beginning are right down the street from me)

Punch Drunk Love(just didn't get it)

There's more,but I just can't think of them right now.Anything with gore,anything really violent.Dh gets so upset that we can't watch horror movies.They freak me out too much.

Student mama to one awesome,talented and unique dd,15 and one amazing, sweet and strong ds,12(born with heart defect Tetralogy of Fallot,also on the autism spectrum),9 cats,and 2 gerbils.
#136 of 470 Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Spiceworld and The Adventures of Mr. Bill.

I still feel trapped and claw-y just thinking about even the remote possibility of having to even see them in the video store.
#137 of 470 Old 01-05-2005, 04:06 AM

Quote:
DOh its the movie with Ethen Hawk and Uma and they are super careful about their DNA. It STILL bothers me and I only saw parts of it a LONG time ago on TV. There was NO WAY you could NOT leave some DNA around.
Gattaca! I hated that movie, too! The only good thing about it was that Jude Law was in it.

Quote:
Definitely, ConAir, with Keanu Reeves. My dh and I went to see it on our first date. When it was over, we just looked at each other and said, "that was awful!"
Keanu Reeves was in ConAir? I thought it was John Malkovich and Nicolas Cage?

I know a lot of people love this movie, but I hated Dazed and Confused. I thought it was stupid and pointless. I also could never get into Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, no matter how many times I tried to watch them. I wanted to like them!

Star Wars Episode 1 was so terrible that I didn't see 2, and have no desire to see 3. I love the originals, though.

And I am SO glad to see that I'm not the only one who hated Lost In Translation! I really thought I was the only person!
#138 of 470 Old 01-05-2005, 07:07 AM

I hate the Matrix movies. ALL of them, I just can't stand them. :

Didn't care for American Beauty, either.

banana.gif

#139 of 470 Old 01-05-2005, 12:23 PM

I loved Punch Drunk Love!

The worst:
The Tuxedo (with Jackie Chan & Jennifer Love Hewitt) :Puke

DAREDEVIL - I couldn't even finish it, Ben Affleck as a superhero? Sorry, just don't get it. I don't really like him in general though.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#140 of 470 Old 01-05-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahNH
Anything Monty python. I just don't 'get' it.
My husband is the same way...he just doesn't "get" much British comedy (except Benny Hill....go figure!). I love the British sense of humor, and catch Python whenever it's on. We definitely have different taste in movies. He loves anything action/explosions/terrorists/car chases/Jim Carrey, whereas I'm much more cerebral in my tastes.

Someone above mentioned Howard the Duck, which was pretty bad, but the music was awesome! I just love Thomas Dolby.
#141 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 PM

Soooooo many terrible movies!
The one that popped immeditely to mind though was Reindeer Games. I think it has Charlize Theron (before she won my respect with Monster) and Ben Affect and (gasp!) John Malcovich. I only watched as much as I did because I kept expecting it to be a comedy, I just couldn't fathom actors I recognized doing something so incredibly worthless!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#142 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 PM

ITA agree with you there. That movie sucked big time! All of those good actors too, what a waste of time,money, and talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady
Soooooo many terrible movies!
The one that popped immeditely to mind though was Reindeer Games. I think it has Charlize Theron (before she won my respect with Monster) and Ben Affect and (gasp!) John Malcovich. I only watched as much as I did because I kept expecting it to be a comedy, I just couldn't fathom actors I recognized doing something so incredibly worthless!
#143 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM

Wow...so many of my favorite movies on the list. I guess a movie has to be really bad to be too bad for me. I can watch almost anything and find something redeemable. I own Wild Things if that tells you anything! My hubby won't let me live that one down.
That being said, the worst movie I have ever seen is Druids...so boring, such bad acting...I think it's the only movie I've actually turned off. I know I've seen some other not so great ones lately...just can't think of them. Oh, yeah, Tiptoes...it was okay up until the ending. I'm still mad about the ending!!

Oh, and I have to add that Zoolander is freaking hilarious!! All I have to do is think of it and I laugh....
#144 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLav
Oh, and I have to add that Zoolander is freaking hilarious!! All I have to do is think of it and I laugh....
I'm glad I'm not the only one : I own it and laugh so hard every time I watch it
#145 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 08:19 PM

Battlefield Earth both sucks and blows. It still annoys me that we watched the whole thing and that we PAID to see it.

Also? Envy - just watched that the other night, couldn't even finish it. I couldn't even muster a pity laugh. ugh.

Oh and Mission to Mars, mostly because it was 9 hours long. Or at least it felt that way.

mum to a crew...
#146 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 10:01 PM

American Beauty is one of the best movies. ever. IMHO.

Worst movies I have ever seen:

Oh, there are so many. A few

Hollow Man (Kevin Bacon)

Mission Impossible:2 (laughed through the whole thing)

Simone (with Al Pacino. Come on Al... )

The Perfect Storm (hated it)

The Blair Witch Project

3000 Miles from Graceland

Here on Earth (saw it on a plane. couldn't turn it off, couldn't jump from plane...)
#147 of 470 Old 01-11-2005, 10:26 PM

Riding In Cars With Boys....I had to keep reminding myself it was only a movie and that was not a real little boy she was treating like that

About Schmidt....probably because I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, and also dear M-I-L had JUST passed away when we saw it

Starship Troopers...the previews looked so cool and had great music, but the movie didn't have the music and I thought it sucked
#148 of 470 Old 01-12-2005, 04:57 AM

Face Off is by far the worst movie I've ever seen. I was yelling obscenities at both John Travolta and Nicolas Cage.

DH and I renamed Hope Floats to be Turd Floats.

Boxing Helena

One we recently stopped watching-Jack Black and Ben Stiller-forgot the name where BS kills JB's horse? Terrible! And I love both of those guys.
#149 of 470 Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM

I saw Spanglish the other day. I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my life. Kept waiting for it to get better, but I think I'd have been better off falling asleep like I wanted to.

I'm also one that isn't into Sci-fi, comic books or medeival type things...I know, don't hate me :LOL...so I hated Star Wars, Spiderman AND all of the LOTR. I suffer for my DH and DS though.
#150 of 470 Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamillie
Riding In Cars With Boys....I had to keep reminding myself it was only a movie and that was not a real little boy she was treating like that
Wasn't that based on a true story though? So I wonder how much was dramatization, and how the real Bev treated her son?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page