Book about human body for young children? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 04-24-2005, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My dd is 3 and interested in skin and bones and eyes...:LOL so I thought I'd try and find a book that covered all the organs and systems but that was meant for young children, and one that didn't skip over the reproductive system. Is there such a thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-24-2005, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a Golden book as a kid (still have it for my kids, actually) that covered all that, plus some other stuff. I remember being into it in the 3-6 yr old range. It's probably out of print, but it was "Joe Kaufman's How We Are Born, How We Grow, How Our Bodies Work and How We Learn." If you could find it in a used book place, it's fantastic. Good luck!

ETA: Yes, it does cover the repro system (in detail, but still age appropriate) and is available at my local library, so maybe it's also at yours?

crafty mama to Chloe and Emma (10/08) and Piper
emergency medicine PA and single mother by choice

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page