Truly, Madly, Deeply..Spoiler alert!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-15-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I finally saw this last night..What a sob fest!!!!

The first time she sees Jamie after he dies..Oh my goodness..I starting bawling!! WOW!!! And when he's standing in the window with the other ghosts at the end.. Sooooooo sad...

But I have a question..Did he come back just so she could get over him? DH said that's why he came back. I know he was smiling a little at the end when the other man came to pick her up..But did he come back just to help her get over him?

Such a good movie..Very sad..But the message was very poignant. We should live in the present and embrace life even when something bad happens. And the actors were fabulous..

But I'm still sad!!! I have to get a copy of that movie..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#2 of 12 Old 08-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Oh, I loooooooooove that movie! It's one of my all-time favorites. Dh won't watch it with me, though, b/c he hates movies that make him cry.

I agree with your dh's interpretation of the movie. I think Jamie came back to show her that things can never be the way they were and that she needs to move on with her life. I think he helps her realize that even though she needs to get on with her life, that doesn't mean that she won't always love him or that what they had together was any less real or important. I love how Jamie is crying and smiling as he watches her from the window as she's leaving with her date. He knows that it is the best thing for her but it's still hard for him.

Now, I'm going to have to watch it again. It's been awhile since I've seen it and you've reminded me of why I like it so much!
#3 of 12 Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and the poem..Oh my goodness..What a fantastic movie!!

I looked up the poem on the internet and they only quote about half of it..But it's fantastic..

Sigh..

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#4 of 12 Old 10-27-2005, 08:21 PM

I finally got to watch this! We got it from Netflix ages ago (like 2 months?) and it took until last week for us to have a chance to sit down and watch it. I did make sure the box of tissues was at hand, and was sure glad I did.

I love British romantic movies, and how the people look like normal people instead of all airbrushed/plastic surgeried/"perfect". And now I'm all hot & bothered over Alan Rickman again, even with the mustache.
#5 of 12 Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divina
I finally got to watch this! We got it from Netflix ages ago (like 2 months?) and it took until last week for us to have a chance to sit down and watch it. I did make sure the box of tissues was at hand, and was sure glad I did.

I love British romantic movies, and how the people look like normal people instead of all airbrushed/plastic surgeried/"perfect". And now I'm all hot & bothered over Alan Rickman again, even with the mustache.
I love that about British movies too..Not plastic Barbies and Kens..But Alan Rickman is uhm..Nice looking..And that voice..I'm shameful!!!

#6 of 12 Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 AM

Oh, I agree about Alan Rickman. I wasn't really familiar with him before I saw Truly Madly Deeply and now I really look forward to seeing him in movies. Ah, that voice......(we need a swoon smilie!)
#7 of 12 Old 10-28-2005, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fine! I'll have to rent it. It's been since 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves' came out that I saw 'Truely, Madly, Deeply'.

Ok, so they came out about the same time. So it's been 15 years.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#8 of 12 Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Alan Rickman is SUCH a good actor too..Understated yet VERY talented!!! I wish he'd do more romantic comedies and classic movies..TMD and S&S are two of my favorite movies!!!

#9 of 12 Old 10-31-2005, 05:33 PM

Yeah, I'm definitely in the "Rickman is yummy" club. I just meant that in this movie, the people looked nice but not "Hollywood, airbrushed, perfectly made up and coiffed perfect". And I much prefer that.

Hopefully it won't be another 2 months before we get to watch another "grownup" movie! The Robin Hood one and Sense and Sensibility are next up on the Netflix queue (between the kids' movies).
#10 of 12 Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 AM

I JUST finished watching this movie. I rented because all your posts got me curious and I love british movies and humor.

I LOVED this movie and cried and laughe thru out.
It was such a beautiful story.
#11 of 12 Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 AM

This is one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies. I do think he came back to help her move on. I cried through the whole thing and laughed.

And this is the movie that convinced me Alan Rickman can come over and read me bedtime stories anytime. That voice.
#12 of 12 Old 11-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Finally watched it last night.

I knew what was coming and I still cried. Oh, I was a mess by the end of it. I'm pretty sure even dh got a little teary eyed at the end there when Jamie sees Nina kissing the other guy and they all wave good by and... dang, now I'm tearing up again.

Definitly, he came back to bug her, irritate her into moving on. It was really clear to me when he trickled water on her to wake her up.

He did it because he loved her that much...

Someone moved my effing cheese.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page