My cousin is the coolest songwriter I know! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-03-2002, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey! I just discovered that my cousin has a website! Can I just say that I'm so proud of her?!! This cousin o' mine is almost exactly nine months younger than me (her mom says I was the inspiration that made her want to have a baby), and she and I were always good friends growing up. Anyway, when we were teenagers, she taught herself to play the guitar. Later on we kept telling her that she had to get her voice out there, and you know what? She did! She mostly tours with her music to play live (cuz it is cheaper than producing CDs), but she has self-produced a CD, and she's going to start working on her second soon (she's been trying to get the resources to do that for a while). She and her dog Nacha came and stayed with us last year when she came to CO on her tour. It was so much fun! Anyway, I am just so darn proud of her. And now I just was playing around and decided to see if she had anything up on the net, and she does! Her page is so cool! This girl is awesome. Check it out: http://www.geocities.com/cerulean_123/. It's so cute! You can even hear some of her music on the site (although it takes a while to load and the sound quality is not at all as good as on her CD, plus she didn't play the songs I like best, but hey). I think this girl deserves some serious praise. She's really done well for herself!

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#2 of 2 Old 01-03-2002, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, if you want to listen to my cuz, I just discovered that Real Player plays it really well. You can listen to some of her music (not quite entire songs) with Real Player by going to http://www.folkweb.com/celestehernandezgerety/. My favorite song she has up on the web is "Don't Bite." I swear, she'd kill me if she found out I posted all this in praise of her, but I just can't help but be so proud! Hey, family is big to me.

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page