Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
:LOL : :
#32 of 47 Old 09-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, I don't know if this still holds true or not, but I had heard through my hospital's website a while ago, that she was planning on giving birth at the same hospital I am. I can only hope that she isn't late and doesn't go into labor when I do. I will raise high hell if the hospital staff is more concerned about her than about me.
Oh man, let me tell you.......I would go off on her, but I really must maintain some sort of dignity, besides, I do feel bad for her sometimes. The saddest thing, is that she's going to have to try to raise her child to be self respecting, even in the midst of all the damage she's caused for herself.
#33 of 47 Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 PM

What I think is strange about Britney is that every photo I see of her has her holding Starbucks or some junk food. Every. Time. I've seen about ten of those pictures.
#34 of 47 Old 09-05-2005, 06:40 PM

I don't think it's strange that women (any women, not just Ms. Spears) would think it's okay to eat junk food and drink starbucks during pregnancy. Because of media portrayals, not many people realise the dangers of caffeine during pregnancy, nor do many people even consider it to be a drug (which it most definitely is - one of the most dangerous/addictive drugs actually, depending on the method one uses to take it. Drinking it isn't incredibly dangerous, but it's still a dangerous drug).

Many doctors tell pregnant women that as long as they take their prenatals, then it doesn't matter what they eat. The baby will get the nutrients it needs regardless, just take those vitamins! Go ahead and eat doritos (even though they do have MSG in them now...), mcdonalds, starbucks, candy, etc. Britney probably has a "traditional" doctor who tells her that diet doesn't matter. It's also probably the first time in years (or in her entire life) that she's been able to eat anything she's wanted to and not had to deal with media-backlash. No wonder she's probably going overboard now.

The pictures of her with junk/starbucks have disturbed me too, but I think it's more a reflection on our society as a whole than on her personally.

I'm not a fan of hers either... this is the second time I've defended her and I never thought I would defend her once ever, but both times I saw things differently than others and felt compelled to share

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#35 of 47 Old 09-05-2005, 07:00 PM

But arent we talking about the girl who had a boob job done at the age of what, 16???

I think she probably hired the *best* obgyn in the field and figures thats the best job she can do. And really how many 'good' childbirth stories have you heard of happening in a hossy? Im sure she's been inundated by horror stories galore. But then again i imagine if you've been through the pain and recovery of a boob job you surely could handle a natural vaginal childbirth :LOL

Correct me if im wrong on this too, didnt Toni Braxton have a c section for the birth of her 2nd child and the doctor also performed liposuction???

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#36 of 47 Old 09-05-2005, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy

Correct me if im wrong on this too, didnt Toni Braxton have a c section for the birth of her 2nd child and the doctor also performed liposuction???
I don't know about Toni Braxton, but I've heard that Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) had lipo and a tummy tuck with her last c-section. Like that 90-pounder needs it! Anyway, I need to stop reading People. I can't believe I have this useless celebrity knowledge filling my brain
#37 of 47 Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathteach
What I think is strange about Britney is that every photo I see of her has her holding Starbucks or some junk food. Every. Time. I've seen about ten of those pictures.
Celebrities want to look like "real" people. I figure it's all for show much in the way that Cameron Diaz insists that she eats gigantic steaks and burps all the time.
#38 of 47 Old 09-07-2005, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya
I don't think it's strange that women (any women, not just Ms. Spears) would think it's okay to eat junk food and drink starbucks during pregnancy. Because of media portrayals, not many people realise the dangers of caffeine during pregnancy, nor do many people even consider it to be a drug (which it most definitely is - one of the most dangerous/addictive drugs actually, depending on the method one uses to take it. Drinking it isn't incredibly dangerous, but it's still a dangerous drug).

Many doctors tell pregnant women that as long as they take their prenatals, then it doesn't matter what they eat. The baby will get the nutrients it needs regardless, just take those vitamins! Go ahead and eat doritos (even though they do have MSG in them now...), mcdonalds, starbucks, candy, etc. Britney probably has a "traditional" doctor who tells her that diet doesn't matter. It's also probably the first time in years (or in her entire life) that she's been able to eat anything she's wanted to and not had to deal with media-backlash. No wonder she's probably going overboard now.

The pictures of her with junk/starbucks have disturbed me too, but I think it's more a reflection on our society as a whole than on her personally.

I'm not a fan of hers either... this is the second time I've defended her and I never thought I would defend her once ever, but both times I saw things differently than others and felt compelled to share

love and peace.

Drinking Starbucks is no different than MDC mothers drinking Greentea.
#39 of 47 Old 09-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Banned

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman..._2726580.shtml

Accordign to above source - which quotes Britney - shei s havign a water birth with Kabbalah water.

Quote:
"I'm sure it's really okay. The Kabbalah water birth should make up for it"
#40 of 47 Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy
Many years ago when Kathie Lee was on with Regis, and it was right after she returned from maternity leave after having her daughter, she was telling about her c-s, and that she had lipo. I was like "WOW!! I want that done too!!" That was before finding mothering.com. :
#41 of 47 Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSmomma6
Many years ago when Kathie Lee was on with Regis, and it was right after she returned from maternity leave after having her daughter, she was telling about her c-s, and that she had lipo. I was like "WOW!! I want that done too!!" That was before finding mothering.com. :
I have to admit if they were sawing on me anyway I'd be forever grateful if they took away my spare tire while they were at it! I used to joke about having a tummy tuck someday but there's no way I'd willingly have surgery, let alone elective surgery!
#42 of 47 Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 PM

i think it was completely selfish of britney spears to have her baby via scheduled c-section to AVOID THE PAIN. I MEAN, HOW SELFISH CAN YOU GET??? if you're healthy enough to have a vaginal birth, do it! If God wanted all women to have scheduled c-sections, he wouldn't have made our pelvis' so damn wide!!! heehee. Anyways, she should have thought about her baby and not her own comfort...

but, then again, it's her decision to have a scheduled c-section. i'm not going to try to beat her up for her decision... so w/e

btw, this is ONLY my opinion. U dont have to agree with me. it's just what i think.
#43 of 47 Old 09-22-2005, 09:11 PM

I wonder if she's nursing?? Just curious.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#44 of 47 Old 09-22-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterGOPI
ok so go ahead a laugh at me for picking up a entertainment magazine. ive already laughed at myself. hee,hee. but i was waiting on my husband in the store the other day and some mag had a pic of britney spears on the cover and said details about her baby shower inside..so curiousity got the best of me and i decided to look and see what the rich do for baby showers...well i kinda forgot all about that when i opened up the mag to see britney plan for birth....

shes already signed up for a scheduled c-section. ughhhhh!! how annoying! i guess she doesnt want to 'ruin'herself by giving birth the natural way. i dont know why it bothers me so much but it does. seems like no one wants a vaginal birth anymore

<3,
nicole

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=britney

hopefully you don't get flamed
#45 of 47 Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM

No one here knows, or will ever know, the real reason BS had a c-birth. As one pp said, we can't always believe the magazines.

I wish her and her baby well.

I felt bad for her because she seemed so scared about birthing. I was excited and looking forward to my birthing time and rarely felt scared about it. I wish all women could feel good during pg and exciting about the work of having a baby.
#46 of 47 Old 09-24-2005, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhao
No one here knows, or will ever know, the real reason BS had a c-birth. As one pp said, we can't always believe the magazines.

I wish her and her baby well.

I felt bad for her because she seemed so scared about birthing. I was excited and looking forward to my birthing time and rarely felt scared about it. I wish all women could feel good during pg and exciting about the work of having a baby.
Well, for women like her who have control of everything and everything planned ahead of time by spokesman and managers, birth is something they cannot control. In the Davis-Floyd Book about Birth in America, many women who have self-actualized themselves in their professional life have no desire to define themselves through something as unpredictable as birth.
#47 of 47 Old 09-27-2005, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton
She did have a bleeding episode early in her second trimester - could have been previa.

I'm just wondering when anyone started trusting what is written in magazines - more often than not they are flat out wrong!

I think she was fine and i'vу read that she planed the operation ahe didn't want to hurt herself. I can't understand people. many people did do and will be doing that and nobody die.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page