britney spears..grrrrrrrrrrr.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok so go ahead a laugh at me for picking up a entertainment magazine. ive already laughed at myself. hee,hee. but i was waiting on my husband in the store the other day and some mag had a pic of britney spears on the cover and said details about her baby shower inside..so curiousity got the best of me and i decided to look and see what the rich do for baby showers...well i kinda forgot all about that when i opened up the mag to see britney plan for birth....

shes already signed up for a scheduled c-section. ughhhhh!! how annoying! i guess she doesnt want to 'ruin'herself by giving birth the natural way. i dont know why it bothers me so much but it does. seems like no one wants a vaginal birth anymore

<3,
nicole

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#2 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:07 PM

Ugh, she's making a mistake! I've had 2 c-sections and 2 VBAC's and I could assure her that recovering from a vaginal birth is much easier!

And she's gonna get a weird saggy belly that hangs over her c-section scar. Of course, I guess she can just afford plastic surgery to fix it all up again.

Dumb dumb dumb.
#3 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:12 PM

i thought she was having a kabalah (sp?) waterbirth? I had heard that she even got a special pool built for it that she was going to fill with kabalah water? Who knows, a fre months ago they reported that she was having twins. :LOL
#4 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Really... why not go for vaginal with NO episiotomy. She'll be fine. Millions of women have stretched their yonis. : Instead, have major abdominal surgery and then later surgery to fix it? Let's make it as complicated as possible, eh?
#5 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:30 PM

i hope she gets a big gnarley scar from it! lol
#6 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:52 PM

It still shocks me how many women would rather have open abdominal surgery than bid farewell to their "honeymoon vagina" and go through the temporary pain of a vaginal delivery. I'm all for c-sections when they're absolutely necessary, which is rare, but I don't think women should get to choose to bring their babies into the world this way just because of their own desires.
#7 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepies
[big, ugly mental picture] Keloids, adhesions...

naw, a caesarean would not 'ruin' her...the thinking of some people!

:
#8 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 PM

What drove me batty was the PICTURE of her on the cover of that magazine! Inside, it said she had like 3 weeks to go until delivery or something, but the pic on the cover looked like she was 6 months! There is absolutely no way that pic could have been in her 9th month. If it was, then by comparison, I have quintouplets!
#9 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastvillage
What drove me batty was the PICTURE of her on the cover of that magazine! Inside, it said she had like 3 weeks to go until delivery or something, but the pic on the cover looked like she was 6 months! There is absolutely no way that pic could have been in her 9th month. If it was, then by comparison, I have quintouplets!

I saw that too, and thought, "Whoa...did they airbrush out part of her belly??". Usually they're trying to make celebrities look bigger!
#10 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:06 PM

I don't understand why ANYONE would choose major surgery over natural (medicated or no) childbirth!! I would think Britney would be more concerned about a big scar on her abs!! (no offence to any mamas that had to have CS)
#11 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM

Didn't she just buy a zillion dollars worth of special water for a water birth? I think that noone's really going to know what happens until it happens. :LOL

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#12 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:12 PM

I heard she was having some fancy waterbirth?? I think she is due in OCtober too. Iwouldn't doubt that is really her though. All the celebreties look like that. Anyone seen a picture of Demi lately?
#13 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

hee,hee. who knows. i can picture her doin the CS though over the waterbirth...blah.you can never count on tabloids. i stay away from them..usually.although i love jennifer garner so ill probably be picking up the mags to see how her pregnancy is going. hee,hee. so..demi is pregnant? im so 'behind the times'.

#14 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't care who she is. Having had 2 cesareans- I can say that is a pretty insensitive comment.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#15 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gethane
Ugh, she's making a mistake! I've had 2 c-sections and 2 VBAC's and I could assure her that recovering from a vaginal birth is much easier!
Oh but remember she is a celebrity she probably already has three nannies hired...!
#16 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Maybe she really IS having twins, and she'll have the first one vaginally in the water, and then have the second via C/S? :LOL

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#17 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 05:48 PM

I just read this somewhere else. She said that she hopes that she ends up having a c-section because her mom told her that childbirth was really painful.

I also read the other day on Celebrity Baby Blog that Britney was spotted downing a couple of margaritas at dinner the other night.

Quote:
on Aug. 17. Britney, 23, was said to have drank a glass of wine and then ordered a strawberry daiquiri. The waiter in turn told her that they did not serve blended drinks but that she might enjoy a virgin margarita due to her condition. Britney reportedly said, "No, I want the real thing." She then drank two non-virgin margaritas.

Sources say she is drinking to relieve stress over the pending birth of her child.

A pal was quoted as saying, " She's heard it's not so bad to have a drink in the third trimester, so she is having the occasional one."
I'm not so sure that I'd call a glass of wine and two margaritas with dinner "the occasional drink".
#18 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Um, wow! :

Didn't Britney have bleeding during the pregnancy? Does she have placenta previa? Maybe she needs to have a c-section

For the record, this is the first time I have ever defended Britney :LOL
#19 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 06:46 PM

She did have a bleeding episode early in her second trimester - could have been previa.

I'm just wondering when anyone started trusting what is written in magazines - more often than not they are flat out wrong!
#20 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton
...more often than not they are flat out wrong!
YEP!
#21 of 47 Old 09-01-2005, 07:23 PM

I'm not gonna defend her...I'm sorry, but if she's actually wishing for a c-section maybe she needs to talk to some c-section mommies, and some mommies who have had good labors, or at least know how to encourage a first timer.

Anyway...the post about the size of her belly got me. I've been told for the last 4 weeks that I "Only look 6 months along" and when I was induced with my son (at 38 wks 5 days) I was informed by a nurse that I "Only looked 5 months along" so she could be that small. I am still measuing "on" for dates and so did the baby at 18 wks.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#22 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I'm just wondering when anyone started trusting what is written in magazines - more often than not they are flat out wrong!
That's what I was thinking. They print what they think will sell magazines. Thus last week's kaballah water birth and this week's scheduled c-section. How about we all take a big step back and remember that none of us knows Ms Spears personally? It's so ridiculous to me, with all the things going on in the country and the world right now, that we're taking the time to question the rumored birth preferences of a celebrity.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#23 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagesgirl
That's what I was thinking. They print what they think will sell magazines. Thus last week's kaballah water birth and this week's scheduled c-section. How about we all take a big step back and remember that none of us knows Ms Spears personally? It's so ridiculous to me, with all the things going on in the country and the world right now, that we're taking the time to question the rumored birth preferences of a celebrity.
so sorry momma. i just pointed it out b/c i never look at that kind of stuff and i just happened to that day and it outraged me and made me laugh at the same time. i thought we all could use a little bit on entertainment too,especially with all the sadness thats been going on lately plus i just think inn america we idolize celebs way to much and when i celeb does a cosmetic surgery (as this mag made it sound) for something natural as childbirth you can be sure others will follow...sadly.
i dont remember anyone else on these boards ever getting harrassed for posting info on celebs.oh well, guess im just lucky.

#24 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM

If I was someone of Britney's fame I would personally guard my private life like a Mama Bear! If she truly is fearful of birth (who can't understand that on some level!) then I would guess that she would want the media to know nothing of her true birth plans before the big event!

That said, in some strange way I would understand her desire to schedule a C/S so that she could control her privacy by making sure she was surrounded by people who would keep the birth of her child as a private event and not a paparazzi photoshoot! Can you imagine being met at the hospital by a cavalcade of photographers while in transition? I would probably have said things that I would have not wanted in print for the world to read! (Not saying that scheduling a C/S is right, just saying that I can kinda understand!)
#25 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 02:58 PM

Okay, she apparently said this stuff in an interview with Elle so it's probably legit. She doesn't have a planned c-section, but she is hoping she will end up needing one because she is worried that childbirth will be too painful even with the epidural. It sounds like she maybe didn't really try to educate herself about birth, but I'm not in her shoes and I certainly don't know the whole story.
#26 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 PM

At the same time, educating yourself about birth and what it will be like can also be amazingly frightening!
#27 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 03:19 PM

Its so hard to rely on mags for info and I would be so sad to learn Anyone for that matter would plan c-section first babe.After 2 myself, I wish I had been more educated.
#28 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton
At the same time, educating yourself about birth and what it will be like can also be amazingly frightening!
Don't you think for most it has the opposite effect though?
#29 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 03:43 PM

I would really guess that it depends on the person - everyone deals with pain differently. I have horrible anxiety before a shot or a blood draw, much worse than the actual stick. Some people will only hear the information about the pain and the scary parts of labor (and yes, I was scared at times even though I feel I was well educated) and will dwell on them until they are much worse in their minds than they actually are. So while education for most is the best thing, I would have to guess that there is a percentage of Mama's that education just freaks them out more. Jusy MHO of course
#30 of 47 Old 09-02-2005, 03:58 PM

Maybe it's a water cesarean birth. You pay these doctors enough they'll do anything!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page