Another shameful Harry Potter crush! - Mothering Forums
Books, Music, and Media > Another shameful Harry Potter crush!
daylily's Avatar daylily 06:51 PM 01-17-2003
Allright, mamapie likes Snape--and he is kind of sexy--but when I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I developed a crush on Lucius Malfoy! Maybe it was the elf-like long blond hair, but he's the Harry Potter character that turns me on. Does anyone know who plays him. I know I've seen him somewhere before.

adinal's Avatar adinal 06:59 PM 01-17-2003
I thought he was pretty hot too. He was in The Patriot - can't remember his name right now.

My big one is the kid who plays Oliver Wood - captain of the Quidditch team. I thought he was pretty darn cute - and a great accent!!
BUt way too young!
faeriemom's Avatar faeriemom 08:28 PM 01-17-2003
Oh yes, Oliver Wood!! Very Cute!!

My crushes from HP haven't been portrayed on film yet. I love Sirius and Professor Lupin! Can't wait to see how they translate to the big screen. I've heard that Gary Oldman will be playing Sirius in the next film....I don't know, I think he'd make a better Lupin. (And now if they could just find a way to get Viggo M. into one of the HP films, I'd be a happy lady!)

I do understand the Snape appeal. He's complicated. There's a lot we don't yet know about Snape (which I think will be revealed in the upcoming books). That makes him interesting and sexy! Lucious Malfoy though...I don't get that one! I thought Julian Sands would have made a better Lucious...just my opinion.

BTW, the next HP book will be out June 21st!! I've already read a couple passages from it and it sounds FANTASTIC!!

faeriemom
Viola's Avatar Viola 11:50 PM 01-17-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by daylily
Does anyone know who plays him. I know I've seen him somewhere before.
Jason Isaacs is his name, I believe.
JessicaS's Avatar JessicaS 05:01 AM 01-18-2003
I agree Jason Isaacs is terribly attractive.. But my heart lies with Snape.

Jason Isaacs will be playing captain Hook in the new Peter Pan movie..he was in the Patriot, Black hawk Down, Armegeddon, Windtalkers and will be in the League of Extrodinary Gentlemen which is based on the comic book..I didn't know all of that I looked it up..heh
JessicaS's Avatar JessicaS 05:04 AM 01-18-2003
I think Oliver Wood is Sean Biggerstaff...
pie's Avatar pie 12:24 PM 01-18-2003
no! The actor or the character?

Well as long as your crush isn't Hermione... LOL
JessicaS's Avatar JessicaS 01:17 AM 01-19-2003
Well I must admit Jason Isaacs did make him a lot more appealing...mmmmmmm
frodo's Avatar frodo 01:55 AM 01-20-2003
my husband says that on one of the H.P. message boards he frequents, lucius as he is portrayed in the movie is nicknamed "luscious lucius" because he's such a hottie. they also say he looks like a "pimp daddy" with that pimp cane of his!

i think he and legolas must go to the same hairdresser...
KakuChan's Avatar KakuChan 04:03 AM 01-20-2003
I have the most shameless crush on Oliver Wood. It's ridiculous. I actually sigh and squirm every time he's onscreen. And if he opens his mouth...

Of course, he does look A LOT like DH did at that age... and the Edinburgh accent has made me weak in the knees for years and years. What can I say? Crushes are a blast, and I haven't had one in years. I plan to milk this one until he graduates!
pie's Avatar pie 05:18 AM 01-20-2003
Oliver the character? The Quidditch player? Because every time he comes on my son goes, "He looks like Steve!" meaning Steve from Blues Clues. I think Ollie is cute and I used to go nuts over Steve.
KakuChan's Avatar KakuChan 02:32 PM 01-20-2003
Steve is also an incredible hottie. Ah, those small skinny guys with nice smiles.... Joe is so not my type.
Momtwice's Avatar Momtwice 04:01 PM 01-20-2003
"Biggerstaff."

SNORT!

That name always cracks me up. Like "Shakespeare" if you ask me.

Malfoy...Snape...what is it with these bad boys that makes them so delicious? (Or should I say deLucius?)
Goosefeather's Avatar Goosefeather 11:04 PM 01-20-2003
Definitely Oliver Wood
Sure Harry and Ron are going to be very very cute in a couple of years...but still too young
frodo's Avatar frodo 02:42 AM 01-21-2003
this is from a fan fiction site called gryfindor tower.

http://gryffindortower.net/Library/Anya/naked1.htm

keep your eyes on the enchanted flying balls!

"biggerstaff" indeed!
JessicaS's Avatar JessicaS 07:38 AM 01-21-2003
naked quidditch??
pie's Avatar pie 08:35 PM 01-21-2003
slurp! Chamber of Secrets indeed.
mimmy's Avatar mimmy 10:27 PM 01-21-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by faeriemom

My crushes from HP haven't been portrayed on film yet. I love Sirius and Professor Lupin! Can't wait to see how they translate to the big screen. I've heard that Gary Oldman will be playing Sirius in the next film....I don't know, I think he'd make a better Lupin. (And now if they could just find a way to get Viggo M. into one of the HP films, I'd be a happy lady!)

Oh, Sirius! - I just love him! I am so happy to know I am not the only one. I hope they portray him the way I imagine him......
pie's Avatar pie 10:58 PM 01-21-2003
viggo used to be married to exene which makes him extra spicy.
rosebudsmom's Avatar rosebudsmom 04:29 AM 01-31-2003
Believe it or not, I know Jason Isaacs- he is a close friend of my bother in law in London. I met him over 10 years ago. They were both in school together. Jason was a very nice guy, with a very serious side. Really talented. Its extremely cool to see him doing so well. I'm such a name dropper!
Goosefeather's Avatar Goosefeather 02:06 PM 01-31-2003
Well, it's out :

Sirius Black is going to be played by :...................Gary Oldman...
I thought they were going to go for a Youngerlookingman....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0304141
JessicaS's Avatar JessicaS 09:56 PM 02-03-2003
Gary Oldman is a little old to play Sirius but Alan Rickman is a little old to play Snape...they are so incredible though it is hard to complain..I can see Gary Oldman as an escaped convict. LOL!! oops...in looking it up I see Gary Oldman is only 44..that isn't so bad..I thought he was older...

I am not certain I remember who the guy playing Lupin is...
Goosefeather's Avatar Goosefeather 10:08 PM 02-03-2003
Lupin will be played by David Thewlis (I really liked him in Seven Years in Tibet)...

Up