songs you're embarassed to admit you like - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Books, Music, and Media > songs you're embarassed to admit you like
Quillian's Avatar Quillian 10:26 PM 01-17-2006
Dream Weaver by Gary Wright I love love love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Scroll down for a listen

applejuice's Avatar applejuice 11:13 PM 01-17-2006
"The Reaper" by the Blue Oyster Cult - w/o the cowbell.
fanniefarkle's Avatar fanniefarkle 11:35 PM 01-17-2006
I like the cowbell version of "Don't Fear the Reaper" b/c of the Saturday Night Live "Behind the Music" spoof. Every time I hear this song, I now see Will Ferrell playing the cowbell.
GranolaBar's Avatar GranolaBar 03:39 AM 01-18-2006
"We hate it when our friends become successful" By Morrissey...
"Rasputin" By Boney M.
"Ass Like That" By Eminem..

Heck, I even caught myself singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" in public the other day. :
shanagirl's Avatar shanagirl 03:37 AM 01-19-2006
I have really come to like old Allman Brother's songs...weird. I mean those songs are like 30 years old and I never paid attention to them until now. Something in the melodies and pacing. Sweet Melissa, Midnight Rider. I might even look for a CD.
applejuice's Avatar applejuice 04:00 AM 01-19-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaBar
Heck, I even caught myself singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" in public the other day. :
OT, but...
Someone told me that is a drug song; is that true?

Also, "Along Comes Mary", "Strawberry Fields", ' I Get By With A Little Help From My 'Friends'".
chellemarie's Avatar chellemarie 04:17 AM 01-19-2006
"I need a coooooooooooooool rider. C-oo-l r-i-d-e-r."
AutumnMama's Avatar AutumnMama 04:55 AM 01-19-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
OT, but...
Someone told me that is a drug song; is that true?

This is what came up on Snopes about that.

I just remember hearing it sung by Peter Paul and Mary when I was little, I loved listening to them
sunshinegal's Avatar sunshinegal 02:01 AM 01-29-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemarie
"I need a coooooooooooooool rider. C-oo-l r-i-d-e-r."

AAGH!! I thought it was only I that saw Grease 2!!

Okay..I'll confess, I have, on more than one occasion, gone around the house singing songs from Barneys Great Adventure. And maybe, when walking the dog in the neighborhood too : But it was just because dd1 was young and watched the movie a lot.... or so I say
*andiflipping*'s Avatar *andiflipping* 02:15 AM 01-29-2006
I love anything by John Mellencamp....Not to embarassed by it though
julesmom's Avatar julesmom 03:10 AM 01-29-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
My DH loved "Take On Me" by a Norwegian musical group.
Ah-Ha. One of my all-time favorite songs..."I'eeeelllllllll beeeee gone in a dayeeeeeeeeeee" :

I'm going with "The Pina Colada Song (Escape)". Classic.
BoxOfRainMama's Avatar BoxOfRainMama 08:56 PM 01-29-2006
: My humps by the blackeyed peas and Gold digger by kayne ___ oh I think his last name is west. :

please dont throw things at me
StellasMommy's Avatar StellasMommy 10:14 PM 01-31-2006
[QUOTE=ElastagirlI also love anything by the Carpenters![/QUOTE]
Have you heard the tribute CD, "If I Were a Carpenter "? It's got some pretty cool covers on it. Shonen Knife's version of "Top of the World" might be my favorite on there.

Now, back to the topic...
I hang my head in shame and say that "Mmmbop" by Hanson is my guilty pleasure. I try to crank up some old Sabbath or early Metallica afterwards to level things out again.
BoxOfRainMama's Avatar BoxOfRainMama 10:26 PM 01-31-2006
I LOVE HANSON!! I bought my daughter their albums off ebay! Remember when they played with bobby weir! woo-hooo They really are VERY talented!
NiBeKa's Avatar NiBeKa 11:22 PM 01-31-2006
Awesome thread!! This is a fun one. Now don't laugh , I just love almost all John Denver songs and have since I was a kid. Leavin on a Jet Plane rocks . When my kids were younger, Johnny came with us on a 22 hour cruise from CT to AL and back . Nothing like Johnny as you drive through VA for 12 hours. My kids were heartbroken when he died in '98 and whenever we take a long trip Johnny's spirit and songs come along for the ride.
Hey Um! Where is Mountain Momma?
sahm1's Avatar sahm1 11:31 PM 01-31-2006
I love "my humps" by Black Eyed Peas too
fanniefarkle's Avatar fanniefarkle 06:38 PM 02-01-2006
Get Dancin' by Disco Tex and the Sex-o-lettes (This is also the music that "The Simpsons" used for "Hurray for Everything!"). I'm listening to it on Sirrus satilite radio.
miasmommy's Avatar miasmommy 05:06 PM 02-03-2006
Ah, love Dreamweaver too...

Also love old Styx songs, John Denver and a song from the 70's called "Undercover Angel"...

miasmommy
mamabearsoblessed's Avatar mamabearsoblessed 06:46 PM 02-03-2006
Baby Don't Treat Me Bad by Firehouse (highschool memories )

i have always hated dreamweaver. sorry. but probably more ythan any other song. ever. : :

great thread!!!!
nak
DoubleOven's Avatar DoubleOven 06:52 PM 02-03-2006
:
fanniefarkle's Avatar fanniefarkle 10:28 PM 02-03-2006
I remembered another one--"Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen.
polka123's Avatar polka123 10:21 PM 02-06-2006
OMG ! I have tons
bobica's Avatar bobica 11:56 PM 02-06-2006
anything by the spice girls
Viola's Avatar Viola 03:05 AM 02-07-2006
For awhile I liked Hollaback Girl, and yes, that was definitely embarrassing. Since we are admitting embarassing things, I will say that I was obsessed with Grease 2 as a teen and have probably seen it like 15 times. The original I could take or leave, but Grease 2 was my movie!
Viola's Avatar Viola 03:10 AM 02-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu
They might be Giants: All of their stuff

They have geek chic--you needn't be embarrassed about it, at least not here.

But the Macarena being played at my wedding. Sheesh.
merpk's Avatar merpk 03:32 AM 02-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanagirl
I have really come to like old Allman Brother's songs...weird. I mean those songs are like 30 years old and I never paid attention to them until now. Something in the melodies and pacing. Sweet Melissa, Midnight Rider. I might even look for a CD.

Am totally bummed to hear that anyone is embarassed by liking the Brothers. They are incredible. Beyond. They're the band I've seen most often after the Boys (aka the Grateful Dead). Dozens and dozens of Allman Brothers shows.

Sigh.

Am feeling old. Haven't seen 'em in a decade ...
Lisoula's Avatar Lisoula 03:43 AM 02-07-2006
OMG - most of the music I like is embarassing.....

First and foremostmy favorite song is - "the Pina Colada Song" it's THE BEST!!!!!

and of course "Afternoon Delight" Who can't love that one?

I also dig Marvin Gaye "Oooh Child, things are gonna get easier", anything by the Carpenters, "Proud Mary", "You're So Vain", "I Got You Babe"....I could go on & on......

I'm also addicted to the "Godspell" soundtrack.

But probably the most embarassing is..."That's Amore" by Dean Martin!!!!!
redhotmama's Avatar redhotmama 10:41 AM 02-07-2006
I jam to 2Pac and my husband just shakes his head. I need to get some hydrolics on my minivan....maybe some cool spinning hubcaps too

California knows how to party
1  2

Up