"Mrs.Darcy...Mrs.Darcy...Mrs.Darcy..." - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
Eeeeee! It's on HBO right now. Eeeee! now they're on the steps and he's saying, "Mrs Darcy, Mrs Darcy, Mrs Darcy..."

I can hardly stand it.

Why cannot my own husband ever say I have betwitched him, body and soul? *sigh*
LOL! I loooooooooove this movie. I know some people aren't keen on the new version but I think it's fantastic!! It's so romantic! I think I'll be watching it again when I'm knitting tonight..I have to get the "Phantom of the Opera" horror of a movie I watched last night OUT of my head!!

Darcy just makes me melt... :

The funny thing is that when DH says romantic stuff to me I don't also like it..Kinda wierds me out!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#122 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Mr Darcy: "You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. "

*swoon*
#123 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiZ View Post
Mr Darcy: "You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. "

*swoon*

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#124 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 05:35 PM

This thread made me go borrow the A&E videos from my sis. DH rolled his eyes and muttered stuff about chick flicks. I popped the first onew in one day whewn he was working late. When he got home he said he wanted to watch "xyz other show" after the end of the tape I was watching... but when we got to the end he asked "Well... where's the next one?!"

He ended up watching all the rest of it with me.
#125 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Loved Sense & Sensibility and own it. It's an all around superior movie, just generally speaking. But Emma Thompson wrote the screen play and Ang Lee directed, so you really couldn't go wrong.

The scene where Col. Brandon carried a drenched Maryanne in is priceless. Very romantic.
I never thought I'd say that Alan Rickman was hot until I saw S&S. I bought the DVD cuz of him
#126 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 PM

DH enjoys all the Jane Austen movies. He says they're "smart" as he puts it.

And Alan Rickman is FABULOUS in S&S!!

#127 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
This thread made me go borrow the A&E videos from my sis. DH rolled his eyes and muttered stuff about chick flicks. I popped the first onew in one day whewn he was working late. When he got home he said he wanted to watch "xyz other show" after the end of the tape I was watching... but when we got to the end he asked "Well... where's the next one?!"

He ended up watching all the rest of it with me.
when dh and I were first dating I called him one night and he was watching it and crying (well, one tear rolled down his cheek.)

K-e-e-p-e-r!
#128 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

*swoon*
Truely, that is so indulgently romantic it makes my head buzz. Like a slice of dark chocolate truffle tort and a cup of coffee. That passage alone is my recommended yearly allowance of earth shaking romance in one serving.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#129 of 278 Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Truely, that is so indulgently romantic it makes my head buzz. Like a slice of dark chocolate truffle tort and a cup of coffee. That passage alone is my recommended yearly allowance of earth shaking romance in one serving.

If that amount induces a buzz, then I get stinkin' drunk quite often

I am quite the "hopeless romantic" and never get enough of this stuff
#130 of 278 Old 12-06-2006, 10:30 AM

Ah Yes. S & S... My cable company has "On Demand" movies, and one of the FREE ones this month is S&S, I watched it last week. I had forgotten about Alan Rickman being in it. *Swoon* is right! Tortured romantic, willing to set aside his desires for the happiness of the woman he loves, then coming to her rescue when her hopes get destroyed.

Yes, I have a romantic streak too.
#131 of 278 Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:

*swoon*
I didn't much care for Keira Knightly and was not too impressed on first glance with the new Darcy, but that scene still causes my chest to ache with the painful potentially-unrequited romance of it all. I may have to pull those out again.

Shannon, mama to Jack :
: : : : : :
#132 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 12:22 AM

I've always thought Alan Rickman is hot!

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#133 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
I've always thought Alan Rickman is hot!
Get away from my boyfriend!!

:

Not all those who wander are lost 
#134 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 AM

NEVER!!! :

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#135 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 12:59 AM

I'm willing to join the fight for AR too!! He's just fabulous! :

#136 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
I'm willing to join the fight for AR too!! He's just fabulous! :
Oh YA!!???!?!?!:

#137 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 AM

*running off with AR while abimommy and Stayseeliz are fighting*

#138 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 04:13 PM

Tripping Sustainer : and grabbing AR for myself!!
#139 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 04:25 PM

What none of you have seemed to realize is that when the fight first got started AR declared his passionate love for me and we ran away together. So the fight is over. He is now going to live in our guest room and will read poetry or various other books and sing for me whenever I request so I can hear his beautiful voice!

Amy, if you would like to borrow him you are more than welcome to. Wait, I don't know if you can be trusted to return him!!! You can come visit him whenever you like!!! Just watch the hands!

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.alanrickmanonline.net/sou.../ARsounds.html

#140 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 07:14 PM

Not to interrupt the Rickmanfest, but I thought some of you might enjoy 'Lady Catherine's Advice Column' (I particularly love this thread):

http://www.pemberley.com/bin/ladyc/ladyc.cgi?read=22738

(AM, in no way could this be construed as posting to incite debate with the gentle souls of Pemberley; surely this is acceptable? )
#141 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 07:20 PM

ps oh, dd and i finally did watch the new one a couple months ago, and we thought it uniformly horrid. we are gearing up to rewatch the bbc one tonight.
#142 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 10:16 PM

My Dear Tiger Tail,

How delightful and civilised that message board is. I imagine if the characters of Jane Austen had invented the internet instead or Mr. Albert Gore, it would have been exactly so!

I do appreciate your direction there, and hope the link will not be removed.

Yours Sincerely,
Kathryn
NAK
At my desk
#143 of 278 Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 PM

TigerTail, have you read 'Mr Darcy Takes A Wife'? I am wondering if I should bother. I am against these kinds of books, but I would love your opinion if you've read it.
#144 of 278 Old 12-09-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Tripping Sustainer : and grabbing AR for myself!!

*pushes you down*

#145 of 278 Old 12-09-2006, 05:40 PM

There are excellent reviews at that site of all the Austen sequelae (as well as fragment completions, such as the most satisfying 'Sanditon' version I just read by Jane & 'Another Lady').

I did enjoy "Mr Darcy..." when it was titled 'The Bar Sinister', but not everyone agrees. There are some others I prefer: the Joan Aiken books, Stephanie Barron's mysteries &tc.

Enjoy!
#146 of 278 Old 01-14-2007, 03:14 AM

Argh! Well, I just watched the "new" Pride & Prejudice tonight. I was enjoying the movie much more than I thought I would and I thought the tension build-up was incredible. However, I cannot believe they went through all that and did not have a really great kiss! I feel so jipped. : That scene in the early morning fog should have ended in a sweeping, passionate kiss. I realize there was a nice, sweet, gentle kiss at the very end, but I guess I felt that for the style of the film, a more dramatic one was in order.

That is all.

Partner to DH geek.gif and Former WOHM, now SAHM dizzy.gif to Sensory & ADHD DD (9), with DD (4) and DS (2)nocirc.gif winner.jpghomebirth.jpg

#147 of 278 Old 01-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Mathew MacFarden is an awesome Darcy. : I liked the movie a lot. It was not as satisfying as the tv version because they had to keep it short. The tv version is, like, 6 hours. Not really possible for a movie release.

I love Colin Firth, but there was something about Mathew MacFayden. I guess he was sexy in a way thet Firth wasn't (did I actually just write that about the uber-sexy Colin?: ) Anyway, MacFayden's face changed so sweetly when he smiled and those sad longing eyes. Just yummy.

I liked Keira Knightly as Lizzie more than I thought I would. And I did like the fact that the movie went into the fact that women in that time were, um, screwed if they didn't marry. The BBC didn't go into that as much.

I think I'll buy both and just watch them over and over while I make up my mind about which I like better.
#148 of 278 Old 01-14-2007, 11:26 AM

Tiger, I am also a fan of "The Bar Sinister", also Rebecca A Collins has several sequels that will delight...

"I guess he was sexy in a way thet Firth wasn't (did I actually just write that about the uber-sexy Colin?"
GASP!!!!!!!
#149 of 278 Old 01-14-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermonttaylors View Post
Mathew MacFarden is an awesome Darcy. : I liked the movie a lot. It was not as satisfying as the tv version because they had to keep it short. The tv version is, like, 6 hours. Not really possible for a movie release.

I love Colin Firth, but there was something about Mathew MacFayden. I guess he was sexy in a way thet Firth wasn't (did I actually just write that about the uber-sexy Colin?: ) Anyway, MacFayden's face changed so sweetly when he smiled and those sad longing eyes. Just yummy.
Yeah, now that I have had a little time to digest the movie, I have decided that I really, really liked this Darcy too. He was sooooo intense! I actually had trouble getting to sleep last night because I was wound up so tight from watching it. And just how he was absolutely, uncomfortably beside himself and bursting at the seams with his feelings for Elizabeth... wow. In fact, I think my favorite scene was not the one at the end, but the one in the rain. When she mentions Wickham and he steps towards her, well, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. The tension was amazing. And even after all the angry things she says to him, he still looks like he is doing everything in his power not to grab her and kiss her.

Swoon........... is right! Yowsa!

Partner to DH geek.gif and Former WOHM, now SAHM dizzy.gif to Sensory & ADHD DD (9), with DD (4) and DS (2)nocirc.gif winner.jpghomebirth.jpg

#150 of 278 Old 01-15-2007, 01:28 AM

I loooove Matthew McFayden as Darcy as well. Very intense and smoldering in a way! And so nice to look at/listen to!!! I was disappointed at the end without a passionate kiss too though! It could've been great!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page