Has anyone seen War of the Worlds?? (remake) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 05-31-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im bit confused by it.
I seen it at least 7 times in the last 2 wks..(It just came on Cinemax), and I cant figure out the whole Tim Robbins character thing..
Now I understand what he wanted to do and why he was trying to lure people into his basement and all that...BUT...
What I dont get is why did the Tripods stay out side of the home? They were always on the move, and it appeard they continued to do so elsewhere just from the ending part they were still trying to move everywhere.
Did the Tim Robbin character do something to make them stay put...I dont get it when they first got into the basement when the part of ceiling crashed in and (Tim) rushed over to the windows to show(Tom) what the tripods were doing...I dont get it what were the tripods doing.....It seamed the Tripods were confused..like they were stick there or something...
I do get also that the Tripods knew that they were down there..or did they?

Does any of this make sence? ..I hope I explained my confusion about this part of the movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-31-2006, 02:18 PM

We saw the movie this weekend (well, not from the beginning but from the part where they first started coming up out of the ground so I think that was close to the beginning) and I was so bored/confused by it. And the Tim Robbins thing made no sense to me either. The whole movie seemd kind of odd- like the end just kind of ended- you know- Tom Cruise blows the thing up with the grenade and 5 minutes later the movie is over. And the son getting to Boston, wth? How did he manage that? It just seemed kind of awkward, kwim?
#3 of 6 Old 05-31-2006, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Ya I dont get how the son got to Boston either..the whole area that the son ran off to was exploded by the tripods...
The movie was real odd things just didnt seam to add up....unless thats how it was supposed to be...
I didnt much like it but I find myself torn over that part with Tim Robbins... I want to understand it ..LOL..

#4 of 6 Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog
Ya I dont get how the son got to Boston either..the whole area that the son ran off to was exploded by the tripods...
I figured that Boston = Heaven... with Tom and Dakota being the last to arrive.

As for Tim Robbins -- he's the deus ex machina.
#5 of 6 Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chersolly
I figured that Boston = Heaven... with Tom and Dakota being the last to arrive.
This kind of makes sense- I know I kept asking DH why there where no other people around as they made their way down the street- like it was too serene (for lack of better word). But douldn't you think they survived since all the robot thingies were being destroyed? Man, I really did not like this movie and can't believe I am still wondering what the heck it was all about.
#6 of 6 Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Its weird...I didnt like the movie either,....there were some parts of it that I did like but overall it didnt spark my enthusiaum....
but I keep finding myself watching it almost everytime its on, so maybe I can catch things that I may have missed that may fill in those blanks I have about the happening ion the movie..

Its on right now..hehehe!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page