Clear Body Clear Mind - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2003, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I just finished watching Montel Williams and Kelly ******* was on and she was talking about poisons in our homes. Pretty scary stuff i must say. Anyway, she really endorsed this book, Clear Body, Clear Mind and said that all the accumulated chemicals that we all are exposed to throughout a lifetime will resurface and exit the system. She was really into it too! Apparently thousands upon thousands of folks have been through this procedure (whatever it is) and have felt really changed. I am wondering who has read this book here at mothering, what they thought about it and talk a little about the process to me. I am really interested in this.

Thanks

Cece
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2003, 01:02 AM

Moving this the books forum!
Old 03-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I saw that Montel too. I was wondering about that book as well. It looked interesting - so did her documentary.

The only thing that throws me is the whole L. Ron Hubbard thing. I am not entirely convinced he isn't a quack.

I may have to go and get the book.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-13-2003, 05:52 PM

I dont watch a lot of t.v. so didnt' see the montel show, but the book sounds pretty informative so thanks! =)

Valerie

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
Old 03-13-2003, 06:19 PM

L. Ron Hubbard wrote some great fiction.

Quote:
Clear Body, Clear Mind
Without looking in to it, this title definitely reflects the terminology used by scientologists. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this crap. Before you know it they'll be auditing you because the "poisons" in your home have clustered your thetans.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:51 AM
Banned

I've heard Kelly ******* speak countless times on her detoxification via Scientology...re-experiencing dental anesthesia, coke, etc.

you might want to visit the website of the same title as the book for tons of info before jumping in. If I was going to follow this, I'd just fly to L. Ron Hubbard Street and detox at the Scientology emporium in Los Ange ya know?
Old 03-14-2003, 02:53 PM

If you want to read a fascinating, and well written, story about Scientology check this out.
A Piece of Blue Sky

On further review, Clear Body Clear Mind is, indeed, a Scientology title. Montel must be a Scientologist.

As a kid I devoured L. Ron Hubbards science fiction - even took a shot at Dianetics (it's, by far, his worst book). But assume this stuff to be fact? Give me a break. Active Parenting is all about cutting through the crap dished on us by society and doing what's right for our children. Scientology specializes in adding layers of crap that they may fleece you.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Yeah that is kinda what I thought. Kelly *******'s documentary about way to detox the home for your baby looked pretty good - hard wood floors, take your shoes off at the door stuff like that.

I don't' know if Montel is a scientologist. I think he is just friends with Kelly. Scientology wasn't mentioned the entire show...I know he has MS and is very active with that.

mmmm...rambling....

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

User Tag List