American Idol- Who's Your Pick? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-13-2003, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in love with Ruben! What a great voice he has! And what a great attitude too. Go Ruben! Who is your pick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2003, 05:11 PM

My fav would have to be Clay....I love them all and am actually glad I can't vote...cause that would be too hard!
I think Clay has it though....and he's humble about it...I like that.

Jen
Old 03-13-2003, 09:23 PM

I love the way he puts all of the contestants down. I was hoping he'd kick that Marine's ass.

I suppose you want to know which performer I like best? That would be Julia D'Amato, and I wish Simon hadn't told her to not take a bow, that's the whole reason I like her...
Old 03-14-2003, 12:36 AM

I love Clay and Trenyce. I hope Clay wins.

Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 03-14-2003, 01:10 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Vanessa got robbed?
Old 03-14-2003, 01:26 AM

Vanessa got too much attention for her weight. She shouldn't have argued with Simon about it. I think that would have helped. (I'm bigger than she is, so I can say this, okay? LOL) But I seriously couldn't see what the judges saw in the blonde girl that ended up in the bottom three. I thought she sounded awful.

I like Clay. I think he'll be around a while. Ricky Smith, too. Josh is playing the "I LOVE AMERICA" card a bit too often. I think that'll bite him later.

What the judges say and how the producers choose to portray the contestants makes a big difference, I think. Remember Simon's favorite last year? Christina Christian...she was beautiful and I think she had a large male fan base. Simon chit-chatted with her about his being heartbroken over her being engaged or having a boyfriend or something.

She was the next to be let go. Coincidence? I dunno. Are lady pop stars more attractive if they're single? I dunno...but I suspect the answer is yes.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:38 PM

I liked Vanessa too...I thought she had a fun quality about her...I did agree that she is like Bette Midler, but hey, that's not a bad thing.

I also don't really care for Simon's choice...and thought for sure she'd be gone when it was down to her and oh....what's her name when Ryan was announcing who was the bottom 3....so I was surprised when she stayed on.

I missed the first 5 performances Tues....so I didn't get to see some of them...that sucks!
This week the inlaws are coming....hope they don't mind if that's on in the background....although I'm sure they won't, Evy loves the "sing" show as she calls it...

Jen
Old 03-14-2003, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Simon's choice was Kimberly Cadwell, and personally I can't stand her. I think the only reason he chose her was because of her looks and her stage presence because her voice is horrible to me. I love Ruben and Clay, would like to see either of them win but hoping for Ruben.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:17 PM

I thought Simon's choice was that Nadia or Natasha or whatever her name is....that petite blonde from the wild card show...:

Jen
Old 03-14-2003, 02:56 PM

Does anyone think Vanessa's getting kicked off had to do with her comment made to Ryan as they went to break? "You say you own line. I'm a real preformer. I don't read cue cards like a performing monkey." I was shocked when she said it, but then when they came back from break, Ryan was holding a script page and said that it was in the script and that she didn't say that on her own.

I think she got a bum rap. They shouldn't have made her say that. Put a negative spin on her, IMO. I didn't think she had the best voice, but I'd have put her in the top seven.

I really like Trenyce. Great stage presence and voice.

Clay has an awsome voice too, but I totally agreed with Simon's 'Motown the musical' comment. I told my husband while Clay was singing that he sounded like he should be on Broadway.

Ruben's pretty good too, but Trenyce is my favorite.

lisa

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
Old 03-14-2003, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Ah you are right, Cadwell was Randy's choice. She is still a bad choice no matter who wanted her imo.

Go Ruben!
Old 03-14-2003, 04:55 PM

Even though he does sound like a broadway singer, Clay is my favorite. Is it because he's not Mr. Beautiful American guy? Probably!

Marcy
Old 03-15-2003, 11:08 AM

I liked Vanessa best and now she's gone. I can't wait til Kimberly Caldwell bites it-my daughter and I can't stand her. She needs to go and sit down.

I think it will get down to Ruben and Clay and I have always liked Clay.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:27 AM

Carmen.... ...that was Simon's pick....remembered it on the way to town yesterday.

Jen
Old 03-15-2003, 12:24 PM

Lucky One...you know, now that you say that, I remember saying something about Broadway while he was singing. LOL He was probably in a million high school musicals.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:00 PM

Carmen, who was Simon's pick, yodels as a hobby. It shows.

Clay and Ruben have great personalities, but I wouldn't buy thier albums. I'm going with Trenyce to win.

And I love Kimberly Locke, even though I really don't want to hear "over the rainbow" ever again.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:27 PM

CLAY!!!!

I LOVE that nerdy charm.

I also like Ruben, Trenyce, Kimberly Locke and Kimberly Caldwell.

I do NOT like Carmen, Charles (he's sweet and cute but I don't see the talent), Ricky Smith, Corey Clarke, Julia DeMato, and I know I'm forgetting someone but can't figure out who.

Kylix
Old 03-19-2003, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Ruben gave me chills tonight! Wow what a voice he has... go Ruben!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:46 AM

Not sure who I liked tonight- Clay was great but not "poppy". I liked Ricky tonight. Simon shone as usual (I love songs about mice- boohoo...!!)
Old 03-19-2003, 07:22 AM

I like Ruben, Trenyce and Clay. Hard to argue with Ruben. I think we'll hear him on generations of Disney soundtracks to come, though I hope his real gig will be more exciting

I've tried for weeks not to like Clay, because he looks like it's the early 80s and he's a college student trying to do a little nervous David Byrne dance, but he just has an awesome voice and something very endearing. The velvet teddybear's toy

I've also slowly warmed to Trenyce. She cheers me up a bit, and to be honest I'm very excited to see a woman with teeny tubesock boobs in a dress cut to heeeeeeere. She's also genuine, without that upperclass b!tchiness that Kimberly C., Julia and Carmen project.

Wow I know the names. You know why I keep watching? My dear little 5-month old fetus loves the singing! What an excuse. Next week you'll hear me say he loves acid :
Old 03-19-2003, 03:45 PM

I've really gotta stick with Simon. He is the only one on the show that is consistently entertaining.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM

I LOVE Ruben. He can sing me to sleep whenever he wants. And he seems like such a sweetheart, too, doesn't he? I also like Clay (but yeah, he is the broadway-singer type more than a pop star), and I think Trenyce is a great performer. But my heart belongs to Ruben

I'm bummed that Charles Grigsby isn't doing better - there's something about him I just love!

And I agree - Carmen can't sing. I don't know what the hell Simon was thinking when he picked her.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:48 PM

Ruben ruled last night! When those first few notes came out of his mouth, I was hooked. I too think it will come down to Ruben and Clay. And that'll be tough for me cuz I love 'em both!

Carmen can NOT sing. I felt bad for her after she was done and the judges were trying to be nice about it. Somehow, when you know people are tiptoeing around you, it makes you feel worse (at least it does for me).

I wanna know how Corey Clarke got first place this past week??? Wasn't the order of the singers according to how they were voted.... I'm sorry but he's not that good and I really don't enjoy his singing.

Kylix
Old 03-20-2003, 01:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I love Ruben, Trenyce and Clay. Clay seems to be really popular, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was the ultimate winner.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:46 AM

I haven't seen tonight's show yet, but I've been hoping that Julia will be let go. Or Carmen. Carmen has a strange voice and she needs more training. Julia just seems downright lackluster. I definitely thought Vanessa was much better than Carmen and Julia in the Motown show. And then Rickey missed his entrance during that show, and came in on the last two notes of the line instead of just waiting for the next line. No one seemed to care.

Last night while Carmen was singing, I asked my husband to tell me what he thought. He looked up at the tv screen, said, "Too skinny" and went back to his computer. I told him to actually listen to her. He said, "You asked me what I thought, I think she's too skinny!" ROFL, glad I didn't ask him to listen to Trenyce. I was actually thinking Carmen had a good butt and bust on her and wasn't skinny.
Old 03-20-2003, 01:54 AM

I'd like to see Simon get his own show, where he berates people for an hour. It could be called Simon Says.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:41 AM

I'm watching it now. Darn, you mean Julia didn't get the boot?

I thought it was funny to watch Simon doing push-ups.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:18 AM

Spoiler
I can't believe that Carmen wasn't in the bottom three! Julia has been in the bottom three twice now, and Carmen has deserved to be there both times as well. Who is voting for her??? Ugh, I wish Julia had gotten the boot instead of Charles. I haven't liked her since she sang Son of a Preacher man, and she's just gotten worse.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:03 AM

Julie needs to go- like Mrs Pips said last night, she just doesn't seem to be enjoying herself. Clay I love, but I hate the way he gets that overly sincere look when he gets paid a compliment (sort of "gosh darn-it, what, ME??). I was sad that Ruben didn't have a partner in the couples song tonight. He was just stuck in the middle looking sad. The velvet teddybear needs love too. So because of that, I know want him to win. Yes, I know, I need to get a life.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:24 AM

Ruben is awesome. When he smiles, you have to smile, he just has that charisma! Plus his singing is always so nice.

I have to say, I looked at Simon in different way when he was up there doing push ups.....hmmmmm....

User Tag List