“Everyday Blessings” Part V ~ Book Discussion & Tea Party - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 250 Old 04-15-2003, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! Just popping in real quick to give some s and to all...I am still not feeling well but doing lots of thought processing on this chapter and the "Birth" chapter too. I'm enjoying reading your posts and hope to feel well enough tomorrow to have a clear thought to post in regard to your thoughts.

Peace, mamas!
#122 of 250 Old 04-15-2003, 10:28 PM

hi all. i am absolutely depleted. out of gas. exhausted. and the only two things I can think to do to refill my tank are eat and watch tv. oy. the eating feels like I am spiraling down quickly -- ds now seems to be able to tolerate wheat and little bits of dairy in my milk, so I feel like I am eating like someone who's been on a desert island. and physically it is making me feel terrible. sluggish. you would think that a year of healthy eating would have changed my approach to food, but instead it's like someone opened the flood gates. and i'm SURE i'm gaining weight. heavy sigh.

and re:tv . . . we have talked about getting rid of cable altogether, but last night after putting ds to bed alone and one-handed (burned myself badly while cooking and talking on phone), i went downstairs and NEEDED to watch something, anything. turns out something was wrong with the tube and I couldn't get any stations for about 15 min, and I thought i was gonna lose it. (dh was working till midnight and i was so lonely!) I felt really disappointed in myself, and really surprised at how not ready I was to give the damn thing up. heavy sigh #2. i think with some preparation we can avoid it next week -- and yes, maybe even the "puter" too.

re: niteweaning -- have been experimenting w/this idea myself, mainly bc every day i wonder about when to TTC. unlike most of you, however, i do NOT feel that ds is anywhere near ready. i think with all his allergies and tummy troubles, he is still in need of 24hr nursing. iguanavere, i found your post reassuring -- and i will wait until i'm not conflicted.

i'm sorry this is such an egocentric post -- I've been reading everything you've been discussing, but am just too damn tired to formulate responses. can't even use capitals and you know I always do!

i think i need a break. it just seems like all the planning and scheming i have to do to get one makes it not worth it, KWIM?

h: sorry I haven't gotten back to you -- I am so behind on emails . . . but I will send you that picture soon, kay?

hugs to all!
el
#123 of 250 Old 04-15-2003, 10:31 PM

p.s. has anyone heard from mamaste recently? i miss her!
#124 of 250 Old 04-15-2003, 10:47 PM

I've seen Mamaste, literally. Since I live in Dallas and all. Go over to http://www.apconnect.org and tell her you miss her. She's been really really busy getting that awesome website together.

El, big hugs. I'm so afraid the same thing will happen to me when I can eat dairy again.

We decided to go ahead w/Dr. Gordon's night weaning (that's so cool he's your ped!) but not until the current eczema flare subsides.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#125 of 250 Old 04-15-2003, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Not much time...I need to go to bed, but just wanted to say I am in the same boat as many of you, yet ds is not ready to nightwean. And definately not ready to be a big brother which will happen the minute I conceive...cuz I will need to slow down, will probably have morning sickness again, be tired, b!tchy, and put ds and I in a horrible predicament since I am such a WIMP! So he'll have to grow up a little quicker than I want and I want to enjoy him a little longer. Once I have another baby, ds wont be my baby anymore (the new baby will be my baby) and it makes me feel so sentimental and sad. Maybe when he is two I will start to feel we are ready for nightweaning and another baby??? Each child and mother and situation is different so just trust your instincts to know what is best for you both.

As you can see I am so conflicted! I look forward to growing with you as a mother and seeing what choices you make and how they effected you and your little ones. I'm hoping for lots of wonderful "mama role models" to follow since I feel I am making it up as I go along on this journey....with a little help from you all, my support groups, and wonderful books out there.

P.S. April is CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH! Wear a blue ribbon if you want to spread the word. I am going to buy a blue ribbon tomorrow to wear on my shirt. When people ask me about it I will tell them how I feel about child abuse and try to set a good example to other parents by not spanking, being violent toward my son (or anyone else), and by modeling the use gentle discipline. Here's a link to learn more about how to help prevent child abuse in your neighborhood and community~ http://www.preventchildabuse.org/help/index.html (I dont agree with everything in this link but at least there are people trying to help prevent. There is so much more that could be done to support parents! Just do a little research (read books!) on what other countries/goverments do and you'll see what I mean. )
#126 of 250 Old 04-16-2003, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Still not feeling up to par today. It's putting a damper on my week.

I'm not sure I want to give up my freedom to go work in a nursery. I could take ds but he is behind in his vax's and I dont want to worry about all that...ever again (shots). : So we're going to have a garage sale in a few weeks instead!

Give up TV week: I think you have to be in a certain frame of mind to be ready for it. Since I gave up TV almost a year ago I have read over 30 non-fiction books and had time to do many things I never "thought" I had time for before...like lose 30 pounds. Being TV free may not work for you now, but one day you may change your mind. Dont beat yourself up over it. It will only make you want to binge eat in front of the TV.

Part of my mental well-being lately has been centered on being outside, reading books, and learning things I have been interested in for years. And I have been giving myself a lot of mental breaks too to just sit and think or stare out the window. It seems to help me put things into focus or helps me to de-stress or cope somehow. And I am still doing my yoga too.

I miss Mamaste, too!

Well I gotta go....sorry if my post didnt make sense. I'm not all here today.
#127 of 250 Old 04-16-2003, 04:38 PM

Hey you guys! You're too sweet for missing me.

My life is just crazy. We are moving next week, so my books are all packed. Been spending hours plugging in resource links to my website. Family's had three viruses one after another, capped last week by tonsillitis for DH and mastitis for me. DH is in the midst of major job changes, with another company buying out his group probably in a matter of days.

I come. I read. I ponder. I can't seem to post anything much deeper than replies to BFing problems in the BFing forums or diapering stuff. One foot in front of the other ...

Thinking of you all. Namaste ~
#128 of 250 Old 04-16-2003, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

I hope everyone is on the mend soon! I am feeling better and on my way to bed for safe measure. I wont even try to explain what my illness is b/c it is hard to explain, but I get this every so often and it has to do with my diet (occasional poor eating habits) and a particular vitamin/mineral deficiency. And it takes me a few days to realize what is wrong with me and to fix the problem...it's weird! Maybe this mindfulness stuff will kick in a little sooner next time I feel this way.

Mamaste~No wonder we have not heard from you in ages. We'll certainly keep you in our thoughts and send you happy moving vibes and hope your husband's new career path transition goes well. You are a goddess to those mamas on the other forums and to us too! They are lucky to have your advice there. And I am jealous of you, Analisa.

I wish I could reply to everyone right now but I am soooo tired and weak, all I really want to do is close my eyes and go to sleep for about 24 hours. Please forgive me for not replying or sending you all ! I read your posts and am thinking of you all warmly and fondly. Take good care of those babes...:bf

H.
#129 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 12:02 AM

i wonder if we are passing these viruses to eachother through the puters?

it's running it's course through my household too right now. and stuck on ds who actually looks skinnier from diarrhea and poor appetite this last week.

take care all!

hope you feel better too CL. sounds like yours wiped you out!
#130 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Much better today! I went to bed at 8:30. Of course ds woke up screaming for an hour last night...but he has a new molar coming through his gums today. Yay! He has been on the nip like white on rice for three weeks and been a cling-on little monkey. Only 2 more molars in this set to go.

Dh is such a trooper he had an interview this morning and didnt even freak at ds last night. But he is used to being sleep deprived. He can go with 6 hours and be o.k. He's never been much of a sleeper his whole life and he is very hyper. Drives me crazy but I guess it has it's benefits too. I'm more a 8 hour a night, if possible kinda person.

Somewhere in the book it talks about how after an illness your child grows as a person. Well I think ds and I grew a lot this week during my illness. Out of necessity I had to be very firm a few times with him b/c I just didnt have the energy to carry him a few times, or go outside when it was time to make breakfast or let him help me sweep the floor. It was so hard to use that tough mommy voice, but he seemed to understand I didnt feel well and backed off.

Been doing a lot of thinking about how much the birth of a baby sets up so much of how we will parent and how the type of birth I wanted was influenced by people I knew when I was pg and before. For sure I have come to realize that a gentle birth is essential to getting the "Well-being" of our little ones and ourselves off to a good start. I found the packet/folder on Monday that I was given at my birth class in Austin, TX when I was seven months pg. I about had a heart attack when I looked on the folder and in the packet and in both places there was a big picture of Peter Rabbit and under the picture it said "Printing by Mead Johnson Nutritionals...Maker of Enfamil..." I trusted this OB clinic of 6 woman that was referred to me by my Holistic Chiropractor. Reading the materials all these months later, I am outraged that they gave this to me. There's even an article called "Why Crying Is Necessary."--for a baby. And the benefits of bfing vs bottlefeeding are laughable.

All this is to say there are many little seeds planted in our heads that we may not even realize. Some of the seeds are planted by people that "think" they know more than mother nature and that our bodies can fail us often which can sets us to fail whether we realize it or not. The more I read, think, ponder, and put these puzzle pieces together the more faith I have in myself. So that with my next baby hopefully I will trust myself more and it wont take me so long to feel good again after my baby is born. And YES (Angie ) I want to have a house full of kiddos!!! But I'm starting to realize I dont have to have it accomplished by 35. If I can take care of myself more now and get in better health, mentally and physically, I can push my clock to 40.

Clink! Here's to your well-being, mamas and babies!
#131 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 04:55 PM

Well, I come to you humbled! I really try to be nonjudgemental, but when neccesary, life presents me with lessons. And now I realize that I may run in pretty protected circles. My friends who themselves claim to be mainstream may be more AP than they think. None of them slept with their babies, but they BF and respond to babies crying and to some extent put them in cariers and stuff. But I have now met the mainstream mom... Well, she is pregnant.
She does not want to BF because she does not want to wean. She already has plans to wear earplugs so she can't hear the baby in the other room. I said, well of course she will be inthe bassinet in your room to begin with and she said, no way! Cosleeping is sick. WHat???? you are still!! BFing??!!! (she says to me) And she does not understand people who carry their kids all the time. How long did I carry my child (I still do, I like it, but she is heavy). She thinks she will go back to work after two weeks because she won't get paid leave so why take it.... Oh and her husband is an anesthesiologist (nice enough guy by the way, I work with him) and she wants a scheduled C section and he is obliging her.

And I judged. Boy oh boy did I judge. I am still judging... Because here i am writing how much I am judging her. The whole conversation was surreal!

This makes me think of another thought too. About my cousins and aunt. Even my really really mainstream cousins are sensitive and nice women and they are gentle and nice with their babies even if they didn't BF long. They all had some difficulty and without the stamina and support they gave up I guess. They also don't have an environment where BFing is common and I can understand their choices. I don't in fact judge them. I was thinking of them because I read in some book (maybe Jay Gordon's book) that all over the world advice on babies come from the older generation of women and in the US it predominantly comes from science and doctors. And I have often envied my cousins because they are sucha close knit family (my aunt brags about her bakers dozen of grandchildren). They all live really close to each other and to my aunt and they get together a lot and the kids all know each other very well and are good friends if they are old enought to be friends. THe older ones hang out at the houses of the cousins with younger children and help out with babysitting.
I wish I had that! They have advice from other women and they can freely ignore peds and science. OK, so they are not making the choices I would make, but I love the idea of such a support network. And I have been trying to set that up for myself but I am really not doing a great job. I joined an AP playgroup, but I don't get a chance to go very often. Plus I am a little shy. And the bay area is so big that my friends really live 30 minutes away.

Well, enough whining... And enough judging...

clink. The easter bunny came early to my house disguised as a UPS man. I have a lot of chocolate eggs and I am thinking of taxing Naomi's easter basket (I don't think she needs so much chocolate)

Glad you are feeling better heather.
#132 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Sometimes it is so hard not to judge other parents when they do things different. We all do it...silently or verbally. And others are judging us. We are constantly judging. Everytime I talk to ds I catch myself judging everything...using adjectives...that's good...that's right!....that's yucky!...that's silly, huh?...are you tired?...are you happy?...you are so cranky today!!!...you are being a pain!!...I'm tired....I'm angry...I cant have a conversation w/o judging something. I've tried!! But I know what ya mean, Jacq! I had a dream last night that I was talking to a pregnant acquaintence and I was asking her if she had any birth books...then I went looking for my "Attachment Parenting" book by the Sears to give her. She was uncomfortable with my questions and I was not comfortable giving her advice either. How do we help others make informed choices when it is such a tricky situation?? Very awkward. : But remember the seeds you planted in her head may come in handy after the birth. You just never know. I didnt consider co-sleeping until after ds was born and I wish I would have had a friend try to inform me or plant a seed in my head sooner. Way to go for sticking your neck out there!!! It is scary!

Cheryl, I like your sig line! I noticed it this morning and meant to say something earlier. peabody and moonman! Cute!

I went to another counseling session today. I got a lot off my chest and it feels so good to have someone that understands me and where I am coming from. I am an oldest daughter and big sister to a sister and a caretaker sort of personality and my counselor is an oldest big sister to a sister too. She knows the burdens oldest daughters bare. Any other oldests here?

Gotta go spend some time with the fam...
#133 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

P.S. I hope moonman gets better quick, Cheryl!! I got my blue ribbon on my tree yesterday and one on my antenna (it came off ) Dh bought me ribbon for the tree and not little ribbon for my shirt. So all the neighbors think it's pretty cool and have asked about it.

Ahhhh...alone again. Babe is asleep and dh is watching some kids across town. Gonna go stick my nose in a book or two.
#134 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curly Locks
Any other oldests here?

Gotta go spend some time with the fam...

Caretaker, solve everyone else's problems, blah, blah. I'm the eldest of six!

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#135 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 11:24 PM

Hugs to you, El - I think we can all fill in the blank when it comes to our guilty pleasures... or perhaps not even pleasures as much as escapes... and you know what? I don't think it's that awful. We've spent so much time talking about judging (or, rather, trying NOT to judge) others, yet we are ALWAYS judging ourselves rather harshly, it seems...

I'm a single mama, tonight, too, and it took forever to get ds to sleep. He's actually asleep on the floor in the bedroom right now 'cause all the usual tricks didn't work.

Iguana - wanted to thank you, too, for your words of wisdom re: nightweaning and waiting until we aren't conflicted. I can see how I have changed my expectations/interactions with ds as he has grown and have been able to let go of a lot of fears. Perhaps this is a result of my increased confidence as a parent, but I think a lot of it just has to do with knowing when it is time to let the next stage happen. I'm encouraged to think that the same will happen when it's time to wean (or at least nightwean).

I have to say, friends, that while I LOVE to be around babies, I can't even imagine #2. Frankly, there may not be a #2, and I'm generally pretty okay with that. Any onlies out there? (I'm an oldest, Heather.)

Jacq - if dh and I could move anywhere, it would be to the bay area. Half of my family and several close friends are spread out between Half Moon Bay and San Rafael. It is the cost of living that keeps us in the midwest. It's hard to find good friends when you AP and work, isn't it? I know how you feel, and I'm a bit shy, too.

Okay, that's my .02 worth for tonight. Sweet dreams, mamas, and may your babes sleep for hours...!
#136 of 250 Old 04-17-2003, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Karen~I'm very harsh and judging toward myself and others. Always a seeing with a critical eye. My counselor told me there are many good points to this personality as well, but most days it can seem like a curse. Sorry if I make you all not feel good enough! That's the way I make dh and my sister feel sometimes and it is something I am really working on. Being an oldest big sister means I push my values and beliefs onto others as if I know more. And I am not shy about it. It's like I have to save the world.

So take everything I say knowing I am a bossy big sister and if you're lucky you will remember that and not internalize my words and go about your day as planned w/o feeling attacked.

Nite sisters!

P.S. One of our local LLL leaders used to be a school teacher and has an only and not planning on more. She is a wonderful APing mom and her little guy is 4 and a doll. He nursed for 3 years.
But whatever you decide now, nothing is ever for sure, right? I want three and try not to dwell on that so much and just try to enjoy ds now.
#137 of 250 Old 04-18-2003, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

just popping in with ds to check our email. here's some happy dust and a get well potion I mixed up! Get well soon everyone and have a day.

El, I hope you are surviving the week. Sorry I was not more empathetic toward you earlier in the week. I really wanted to reply to you too. I was really sick this week.

Anne, I hope you week got better too. I am struggling here with holy week as well. I'm finding it very difficult to get to church with a nursing like mad toddler that needs a nap.
#138 of 250 Old 04-18-2003, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Dh and I are starting our TV and computer free week on Sunday. We have a lot going on today and tomorrow, so if I dont get back here before then I'll be back on Sunday the 27th to post about the next chapter, "Nourishment" on page 169.

Have a great weekend and week ahead, my mama friends!

H.
#139 of 250 Old 04-18-2003, 03:51 PM

heather, love the fairy emoticon. I would never see any of these if it werent' for you.

El, I don't judge you for watching TV. I have definately been known to watch a lot of (crappy) TV. And DD know the word for it too. she asks for TV now
And I was crabby last night because I didn't get to watch friends and I really wanted to. DD didnt' want to go to sleep.
I hope you have more energy soon.

Well, next week I will have my lunch alone. I usually eat it at the computer and read this thread. I guess a couple of weeks I didnt' becuase I was running experiments through lunch so I ate bites here and there and didn't participate much here.

momcat- yup the cost of living is very high here. It makes you feel broke even if you have money because you pay so much rent or mortgage. Ha! we got used to it after a while while we were buying our house. A fixer upper, and you won't believe how little it is and how much it cost! But once you make one offer, it gets easier to make other ones. My friends all think I live in mansion, but it si really 1200 sf on very expensive (and expansive) dirt... Well, I have just my one aunt and a few scattered friends and I feel like I have to drive a lot here to stay in touch with everyone. My main dislike about this area is all the drriving.

Have a great week. munch munch clnk
#140 of 250 Old 04-18-2003, 10:33 PM

cl- i was just having a convo at a bday party this afternoon about how disgusting it is with the formula push. this also happens in 3rd world countries where there may be little or no access to clean water- the women get it long enough for their milk to dry out, then they are dependent on it. sad.

jacq- the earplugs idea- my heart hurt to read that. i just picture this day old infant so confused. let's just hope that her whole attitude will change once she looks into her baby's eyes.

cl- thanks for noticing my new sig line. i realize how much i appreciate knowing the ages of everyone's little ones as i read this or that post, so thought i'd oblige everyone. okay, so it took how many months for me to get around to it. who knows, maybe upper/lower case may come around someday. NOT!

momcat- i am kind of with you. i just don't have this overwhelming urge for another baby either, and for years and years after my first (11 to be exact), i was certain of her remaining an only child.

there are studies of the characteristics of people depending on their sibling placement, and after 7 yrs of being an only child, the first child supposedly keeps the only child characteristics. all generalizing of course, but i really value the time i got with her before #2 came.

i do like the idea of both. having close siblings, and having them spaced. it's just appreciating what's great about what you have think.

oh-and i live in the bay area! west sonoma county to be exact. an ap haven! i moved to camp meeker and bought a house where the last of affordable houses were as far as i could tell. did someone say they live here? jacq? who was that?

enuff from me. if we don't get a chance before then to talk, happy t.v. /computer's off week everyone!

p.s. moonman is doing much better now, thanks cl!
#141 of 250 Old 04-18-2003, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Glad moonman is better! If I had an RV and some extra money for gas and a nanny for ds, I'd love to tour the U.S. and see everyone! What a jaunt that would be.

Off to try to save the world, but unfortunately I need to save my own world first. Uggg! Haha...having a bad day and started journaling to God tonight. It made me feel a little better. Not having a mother and father or a family that isnt wrapped up in layers of Uggg! makes holidays seem empty. And with dh not having a "real" job yet it is still pretty ugly around here sometimes. But we're trying to be positive since he has 3 interviews next week. I'm just a little better at it being "UP" than he is and I think it is wearing on Ms. Critical. (me) Sorry to be such a complainer...I am tired and tomorrow will be a better day.

Here's another cute emoticon to cheer me up, mamas. I'll just strum "Peter Cottontale" and hop on down to dream land.

#142 of 250 Old 04-19-2003, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, today is better... I was really PMSing yesterday.

#143 of 250 Old 04-19-2003, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Being an oldest big sister means I push my values and beliefs onto others as if I know more. And I am not shy about it. It's like I have to save the world.
Me too, totally. In fact, I confessed at my Al-Anon mtg. last week that once, in a scholarship interview, my answer to the question, "What would make the world a better place?" was, "If everyone did things my way".

#144 of 250 Old 04-19-2003, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Anne, I hope you week got better too. I am struggling here with holy week as well. I'm finding it very difficult to get to church with a nursing like mad toddler that needs a nap.
We find it hard to get through church every week with any kind of toddler.

#145 of 250 Old 04-19-2003, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nuggetsmom
heather, love the fairy emoticon. I would never see any of these if it werent' for you.
Hee, me neither.

#146 of 250 Old 04-19-2003, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Megs Mom
We find it hard to get through church every week with any kind of toddler.
Oh goody! Will you write my pastors a note? We havent been to church since dh started teething big time with these molars and before that we only made it monthly...he wants to run around and talk to everyone during the service! My values and tolerances have changed so much over the last few months since toddlerhood arrived. We play and goof off as much as possible even when doing chores. And that isnt allowed at church. I want find a church that is like a botanical garden that allows toddlers to play during the service and the pastors and members dont mind bfing during services when the toddler needs to refuel. I told dh that a few weeks ago and he said that would be neat but honestly, H... Life is too short to take it so seriously, right? Maybe I'm just making excuses and really dont want to go to church. Even considering changing churches. But I know that "Wherever You Go, There You Are." I'll always find something to criticize. I just want to puke some days over this. :Puke

Here's some mindful dust...please cleanse me, for I am a "SINNER!"
#147 of 250 Old 04-21-2003, 07:03 PM

DH and I take turns being "in charge" of Meg each half of Mass. So one week he takes the first half, then we switch; then the next week I take the first half. Usually it involves walking around with her in back a lot. And I don't hesitate to BF her during Mass (and not in the cry room).

#148 of 250 Old 04-27-2003, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Analisa~Thanks for the tip. We did go to church on Easter and it worked out well. We went to a church that is about one minute from our house. He was able to walk around and look at the other kids that were sitting/playing in the back with other young families. It is a smaller church and the people seem more our speed than our other church across town (same religion).
#149 of 250 Old 04-27-2003, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Analisa~ I just noticed your hyena! You crack me up! I am changing my sig line this week, if I get a chance.
#150 of 250 Old 04-27-2003, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Ready, set, go! Gee, a week goes so fast! I almost feel like I need another week…I finished the “Magical Child” and started Ina May’s “Guide to Childbirth” which is a new book and I’m learning/charting my fertility signs. Our garage sale is next week too. But I am still gung ho, mama’s cuz I found time to skim this chapter again and it’s about breastfeeding…one of my favorite pastimes with ds. And the next chapter is about breastfeeding too. And I am so excited about sharing my experiences with you and seeing what you have to share as well.

This paragraph makes me feel all warm and fuzzy b/c it is certainly true for ds and I...Page 172.
Quote:
”Breastfed babies and toddlers see their mothers as the “source.” Venturing out is balanced by a return to the source of their contentment, their fulfillment, their security. It is if they are always held. This “holding” has nothing to with controlling or holding back. They stay within the maternal sphere because they are strongly connected. They are able to come and go, grounded in their relationship to her and her body.”

Our bodies and minds are so amazing. I feel like I am just touching the tip of the iceberg in my learnings from motherhood and ds. Love really does heal a lot of wounds. And giving ds the very best of my love through breastfeeding someone heals the baby in me that was so wounded and has bonded ds and I in such a special way.

Looking forward to your thoughts here, mamas… I hope you had an amazing week. I missed you all this week even tho' it went very fast and was a great week for my family.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page