MP3 players - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm technically challenged but I want an MP3 Player to take to the gym and I want a new stereo system to have at home with a radio.
Does anyone know anything about these things--what's the best brand for the price? I don't know anything about it--and the salesmen at the electronics stores don't seem to want to waste their time educating me...
#2 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 06:29 PM

I don't know enough to actually educate someone else, but I set up my ipod shuffle all by myself. That my friend, is a major accomplishment for me! It's super easy to use and I hook it up to the house stereo with some sort of cord that plugs into the headphone jack and into the back of the stereo. If you have an Apple store near you, go there, they are super crazy helpful.
#3 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
I'm technically challenged but I want an MP3 Player to take to the gym and I want a new stereo system to have at home with a radio.
Does anyone know anything about these things--what's the best brand for the price? I don't know anything about it--and the salesmen at the electronics stores don't seem to want to waste their time educating me...
If you're honestly technically challenged, then your best bet is an ipod. Perhaps the Shuffle or if you want a bit more, the Nano. It locks you into using itunes and it has DRM (Digital Rights Management, aka encrytption), but as an end-to-end solution it is extremely easily to get up and going with relative ease. There are other products out there that offer similar features and argueably better prices, but the process for managing the music and setup are just not a polished as Apples. I'd say go with the shuffle for Gym visits. It's small, holds more then enough music for a workout and is, I think, $100 or less if you shop around.

HTH
#4 of 6 Old 03-07-2007, 06:12 PM

I have a similar thing going on...
dd got an mp3 for Christmas and I still do not know how to get music onto it...
it's been almost 3 months...help!!
#5 of 6 Old 03-07-2007, 07:50 PM

Which one do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2all View Post
I have a similar thing going on...
dd got an mp3 for Christmas and I still do not know how to get music onto it...
it's been almost 3 months...help!!
#6 of 6 Old 03-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

I love my iPod. Soooo easy to use!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page