Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! You are very perceptive!

Sahm mom to three lovely girls, and happily married to a great, sweet guy
#272 of 278 Old 10-27-2003, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Obnoxious learned reply-Caput draconis means" head of the dragon". Not sure how that relates to dying. and JKR is a classics minor, so she would know.
#273 of 278 Old 10-27-2003, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think LiamnEmma was looking at the pun; "kaput" is in done, finished, dead... Draco. If they were spelled out they wouldn't be clues. Sounds like this could go either way.
#274 of 278 Old 10-28-2003, 02:12 AM

Yeah, I did mean the pun, but I'm now properly chastised latinmom, thank you.

Leah
#275 of 278 Old 10-28-2003, 08:47 PM

Kama, Lucius is older than the Marauders and Snape. In OotP he is mentioned as being 41 while Snape and the Marauders are about 37 or so in that book.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#276 of 278 Old 10-28-2003, 10:57 PM

Yeah, I got the pun, but JKR gets so much press on the Classics lists I'm on, they'd die if I didn't point that out! There are some great articles on her use of Latin-often mangled, though. Letting the thread get back to OotP............
#277 of 278 Old 11-02-2003, 08:30 PM

Just some things that have recently popped into my head about li'l ol' Harry Potter and his Universe.

Do you think Tom Riddle was in Slytherin? After all he was a half-blood even if he was Salazar's heir.

I think Hermione is going to kill Draco -- Hermes (Hermione) slays the dragon (draco) in Greek Mythology and they both become constellations. JKR is crazy for that kind of thing (and of course Leah's post kind of brought that to mind again).

The Weasley's -- they can't all survive!

Do you think Ron will go over to the dark side ala Peter Pettigrew? This speculation haunts DH.

Most disturbing of all -- I think Harry will not live past book seven. I don't think JKR will want to write anymore books, nor will she want anyone to tamper with Harry. Besides, his death would seem to balance out the sacrifice his Mom made -- his death to save the wizarding world.

Susan, I like your meditation on Hogwarts as character. I agree that as the kids are aging so is the tone of the books!

Does anyone else, though, suffer from too much HP fanfic? I find myself forgetting that somethings aren't actually cannon! Like my co-worker who starts arguing with her dh about Lucious & Snape's past relationship and then he says -- what book was that in? :LOL

P.S. won't it be hilarious if I'm wrong about everyone of my predictions?!
#278 of 278 Old 11-03-2003, 11:36 AM

oh I am so there with you in my HP fanaticism. I remind myself of the hyper nerdy Trekkies than can quote line and verse of each Star Trek episode.

The prevailing attitude on Mugglenet is that Mrs. Weasley will die in Book 6 or 7. You're right..not ALL the Weasleys can survive. My personal feeling is Percy will redeem himself but die trying to protect one of the family.

I'm not so sure about Harry dying though. It is still juvenile fiction and I think that might be stepping over the bounds killing off the main very beloved hero. Maybe in a post script, the 4 of them--Harry Hermione, Ron, and Neville, re-establish the 4 houses at Hogwarts..but as a more united school. Just a thought.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page