Old 06-18-2007, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Harry: Will he live or die?

Ron: Will he live or die?

Hermione: Will she live or die?

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die?

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die?

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape?

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed?

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes?

Deaths: Who else do you think will die?

Please add any other predictions. The more, the merrier!

I am so sorry. I think these were the original questions.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live.

Ron: Will he live or die? Ron will live.

Hermione: Will she live or die? Hermione will live.

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? LV will die.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape has his own motivations. I don't know if he can be classified as truly good or truly bad. He works for himself. Having said that I think that he isn't as bad as he has been portrayed. I think he will die.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? He was able to look into Snape's mind and see that he had changed.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open though it might be closed temporarily.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? I have to think about it. I'll come and edit my post.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Arthur or Molly Weasley, Hagrid, and Percy Weasly.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Harry: Will he live or die? Live

Ron: Will he live or die? Live

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Good Will he live or die? Not sure yet.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I kind of think that Snape did something that proved himself like saving someone's life or something. Still not real sure about that.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Not sure

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? ??? Hopefully not too many. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lucius Malfoy will be among the passed on!

Please add any other predictions. Neville will be the one to kill Voldemort.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Harry: Die! Muwahahahhaha! (oh..ok live)

Ron: Live

Hermione: Live

Lord Voldemort: Die

Snape: Good, die

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? In Prisoner of Azkaban when Harry is under invisibility cloak in the Three Broomsticks, Fudge says

"Not many people were aware the Potters knew You-Know-Who was after them. Dumbledore, who was of course working tirelessly against You-Know-Who, had a number of useful spies. One of them tipped him off and he alerted James and Lily at once."

Hogwarts: Open at beginning then closed.

Horcruxes: It seems to be somewhat Arthurian

The four "Hallows" or artifacts mentioned in Arthurian legend are

Cup
Sword
Dish
Lance or spear

Or in some

Lance
Sword
Cup
and the Stone of Destiny

IMO, the locket is replacing the platter, the ring Dumbledore destroyed replaces the Stone (black gem is mentioned several times) we have the cup so what we have left is a sword and a spear/lance though, a wand or staff could also replace the spear.

The sword..I dunno..with the sword sitting in Dumbledore's office it might be something else.

I do think there will be some sort of spear/wand/staff/lance

Deaths: Hagrid a Weasley and perhaps Snape

Don't think I am a Snape hater, I'm not, I just don't think he'll live.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM

Harry: Will he live or die? live

Ron: Will he live or die? live

Hermione: Will she live or die? live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? die

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? live

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? Don't know, I think snape just comes off like a bigger jerk than he really is on the inside.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? open

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? no clue, I still need to go back and re-read the last HP, b/c I read through it so quickly

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? I agree with the others, probaby hagrid and someone besides ron from the weasley family
Old 06-18-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Harry: Will he live or die?
I think Harry will live

Quote:
Ron: Will he live or die?
I think Ron will live, but if she kills any of the "main three" I think it would be him.

Quote:
Hermione: Will she live or die?
Live.

Quote:
Die.

Quote:
Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die?
I think Snape is "on the good side" but has been playing a double agent for too long. Die.

Quote:
Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape?
Snape was in a unique position - "former" Death Eater, willing spy -- really there was no one else to do the job. I presume we will find out the precise reasons why he trusted Snape in the last book. Dumbledore has said multiple times throughout the books that he has an iron clad reason to trust Snape... we just don't know what it is.

Quote:
Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed?
Open, with MacGonagall as Headmistress.

Quote:
Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes?
I honestly have no idea other than what has already been stated in the books.

Quote:
Lupin, perhaps. And possibly some of the Weasleys... definitely some of the Order of the Phoenix.

Quote:
I think Dumbledore will have to leave some sort of written directions for Harry. Otherwise he will run off half-cocked over Snape's "treachery," and waste valuable time in the process.

I also think he will have to return to school. As we were shown at the end of book six, his skills are lacking compared to many of the Death Eaters.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Harry: Horcruxes: It seems to be somewhat Arthurian

The four "Hallows" or artifacts mentioned in Arthurian legend are

Cup
Sword
Dish
Lance or spear

Or in some

Lance
Sword
Cup
and the Stone of Destiny

IMO, the locket is replacing the platter, the ring Dumbledore destroyed replaces the Stone (black gem is mentioned several times) we have the cup so what we have left is a sword and a spear/lance though, a wand or staff could also replace the spear.

The sword..I dunno..with the sword sitting in Dumbledore's office it might be something else.

I do think there will be some sort of spear/wand/staff/lance

Deaths: Hagrid a Weasley and perhaps Snape

Don't think I am a Snape hater, I'm not, I just don't think he'll live.
Abimommy, that Arthurian connection is very cool!

I'm a Snape supporter and I'm 99.9999% certain he's toast.

=========================

See the løveli lakes, The wøndërful telephøne system, And mäni interesting furry animals, Including the majestik møøse.

A Møøse once bit my sister...

Old 06-19-2007, 12:06 AM

Everyone, just pick the opposite of me. When it comes to HP, I always have elaborate, well thought-out theories... and they're always wrong.

Harry: Will he live or die? Die, along with LV.

Ron: Will he live or die? Live.

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live.

Die, along with Harry.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good, but still a UAV. Die.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? They had an agreement... Snape was to kill Dumbledore if it became necessary (as it did). Snape was the only one Dumbledore could in good conscience trust with the task, since asking anyone else to perform an Unforgivable Curse would be very un-Dumbledore-like. It has something to do with that.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open, in some form at least. Or, bare minimum, some action will take place there. It's too important, magically, to not be the setting for at least some of the book.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Well... the locket (Did RAB manage to destroy it???), the snake, the cup (or is that a red herring?) and beyond that, I'm not going to guess. "Something of Gryffindor's or Ravenclaw's..." could be anything. And perhaps LV did manage to find something belonging to Gryffindor.

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? At least one Weasley. I'm thinking not Ron. Several side characters, including at least one from the DA (probably more). I'm thinking Neville, much as it pains me. I can see him going out in an unexpected blaze of glory to avenge his parents' vegetable-ification.

Nothing much else to add (although I have thoughts on all sorts of tiny story points, none of them are really "big picture" things)... all I'm saying is if she ends it the way they ended the Sopranos, I'm going to fly to England and have a little "chat" with JKR.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 AM

Harry: Will he live or die? live

Ron: Will he live or die? live

Hermione: Will she live or die? live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? LV will die, Tom Riddle will live

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Good/live

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? because snape allowed him to completely read his mind. I think that Harry will find a thingy for that basin (mind leaving quickly here) that is a memory from DD of him and snape planning DD's death)

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? closed

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? locket, mirror from Sirius, something that is in Griffidors Hollow, the snake, the cup

Deaths: Who else do you think will die? B. Lanstrange, the werewolf, Lupin, Mr. Wesley

I think that Aunt P will do something huge, and I think that her and Snape have a past.

I think that Ron/the Wesleys are the decendence of G.G.

I also wonder if it will come down to a fight between heirs (ron, LM, LL, and someone else)

I think that LM is in possesion of Tom Riddle. Like he is a personality. I think in the end, Harry will kill off all of the other "souls" and be able to save Tom.

I think that Ron's brother that works for Gringots will be working closely with him...after all he is a curse breaker
Old 06-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Abimommy, that Arthurian connection is very cool!

I'm a Snape supporter and I'm 99.9999% certain he's toast.
Well, a lot of people are tossing ideas around that atm.

Once she whips out a cup and a quest people are bound to say "Arthur!" particularly if she is going to use the word "hallows"

Old 06-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian View Post

I think that Aunt P will do something huge, and I think that her and Snape have a past.
I agree. I think Aunt Petunia will reveal a magical side of her that we haven't seen so far. I'm positive that she has an important role to play in the final book. She knows more than she's letting on.

I think Sirius isn't dead. He is in another state. He will make contact with Harry, maybe through the veiled archway, and give him help even if it's not physical help.

I think Harry's scar will disappear.

I think they will ask Harry to teach at Hogwarts after the final battle with LV. I mean who else would be better to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts than the boy wizard who defeated LV!

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Well, a lot of people are tossing ideas around that atm.

Once she whips out a cup and a quest people are bound to say "Arthur!" particularly if she is going to use the word "hallows"
See, I wasn't aware of any connection to the word 'hallows' and the Arthurian tale, until JKR released the title and people started discussing it. I mean, I was aware of a connection to the King Arthur story (via Arthur Weasley, for one), but not that word, specifically.

Guess it's time for me to vote.

Harry: Live

Ron: Live

Hermione: Live

Lord Voldemort: Die, or maybe live with his soul sucked out. He'd hate that.

Snape: Good and dead.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? There are so many ideas. He cared for Lily. He asked Dumbledore to put his mum in the wizarding protection program. He promised Dumbledore he'd help protect Harry. But I don't think Snape made an Unbreakable Vow with Dumbledore.

Hogwarts: Open

Horcruxes: (Diary, ring) locket, Molly's Goblin-made silver tiara (or the one in the Room of Requirement), maybe Nagini. Not Harry. Nope nope nope.

Deaths: Hagrid. Maybe Molly, though that would really stink. Molly's encounter with the boggart showed she fears everybody else's death more than her own, so it would just be sad irony if she died.

Another prediction: at one point I was convinced that Madam Pince, the Hogwarts librarian, is Eileen Prince. I'm not so sure anymore, but I still really like the idea, so I'll throw it out there anyway.

===========================
No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...

Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 AM

ooooh BookGoddess, interesting you think the scar will disappear.

I think Harry, Voldy, Hagrid and Percy will die. I think we will see surprising things from Petunia. I used to think Harry's scar was a horcrux but I'm not really feeling that anymore...

I'll be disappointed if Ron gets killed off. I feel he's gotten such short shrift in the films...I dunno. It will make me sad.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
See, I wasn't aware of any connection to the word 'hallows' and the Arthurian tale, until JKR released the title and people started discussing it. I mean, I was aware of a connection to the King Arthur story (via Arthur Weasley, for one), but not that word, specifically.
There are more though and they are really interesting

There are the The 13 Hallows of Britain, which, it seems like she might have gotten a few ideas from them.

http://www.answers.com/topic/thirtee...res-of-britain

Quote:
Gwyddbwyll Gwenddoleu ap Ceidio: The Chessboard of Gwenddolau son of Ceidio: if the pieces were set, they would play by themselves. The board was of gold, and the men of silver.
And Four Hallows of Ireland

http://www.answers.com/topic/four-treasures

Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

i believe that both harry and LV will die. it would be the most honest ending for the story. either that, or harry has to defeat LV and go into retreat because his celebrity is a serious problem for him and he'd have to return to become a political figure before he's quite ready to do such a thing. honestly, what more can the hero do, but retire at 18 after killing LV? he can't be the minister of magic, he can't run hogwarts, he's not going to be a pro quidditch player.

honestly, harry simply must die for the story to be poetic. it simply follows form.

of course, people would be crushed by harry's death, and often great literature becomes mediocre because of the meddlesome nature of the publishing company's desire to make money.

the only method to make harry's surivival functional from a literary stand point is if it follows a Lord of The Rings model. Evil defeated, he returns to some hold-back place of safety and rescues it, and then moves into retirement.

but at 18? and which home? he had two safe places--auntie's and hogwarts. auntie's is no longer safe; he's two young to run hogwarts plain and simple. and to where would he retire? i suppose he could 'retire' to hogwarts a la hagrid, but it simply isn't just to harry's character.

so, as loathe as i am to say this, i believe that harry must die--for the story, for his own character's arc to be complete.

all the others will live, and yes, i think auntie will do something heroic.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Here are my 6-y.o. daughter's responses to these questions.

Harry: Will he live or die? Harry will live -- he lived through these past books!

Ron: Will he live or die? I think Ron will live -- same answer as the upper one.
Hermione: Will she live or die? I think Hermione will live -- there's a very good chance, and besides, what would we do without Hermione?
Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? I definitely think he will die -- I think J.K. Rowling plans to kill him.
Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? I think Snape is bad: he helps Malfoy become a Death Eater, but I think he will live.
Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I have never known that one.
Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open. Didn't Professor McGonagall say that if pupils wanted to come, Hogwarts should be open for those pupils?
Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? I don't know.
Deaths: Who else do you think will die? I can't think of anybody!

Please add any other predictions. The more, the merrier! [/QUOTE]
Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

Here are mine...

Harry: Will he live or die? I think Harry will live, despite people's concern about "sequels" being written by other authors.Ron: Will he live or die? Ron might buy the farm, but I don't think so. Ultimately, I believe he will settle down with Hermione, though what she sees in him is a complete mystery to me. He's an idiot.

Hermione: Will she live or die? I think she'll live and ultimately become a headmistress of Hogwarts.
Lord Voldemort: See below.

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape will die, but it will be revealed that he ultimately acted for the good. Dumbledore was dying already from the poison green goo; Snape just finished what was happening anyway and did so by prearrangement with Dumbledore.
Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? I don't know!
Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open.

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? I think Harry's scar and the Sorting Hat.
Deaths: Who else do you think will die? Not sure!

Please add any other predictions. The more, the merrier! [/QUOTE]

Here is my husband's prediction for Lord Voldemort's death:

In the last five pages of the book, we will see Voldemort surrounded by a group of his loyal family of Death Eaters. Ominous sounds fill the air. Suddenly, a Hogwarts student in a Members Only jacket walks past him and the last page is one big black square.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:54 PM

I think Harry, Ron and Hermione will live. I can't see her killing either Ron or Hermione without the other, and I don't think she'd kill both. Not after already killing off so many of Harry's family, real and friend-family. Anyway, you just don't kill off sidekicks in these epics.

Voldemort: dies.

Snape. I don't think he's evil. I do wonder if he has his own agenda that's not exactly good but kind of works with the good agenda. I do think he will redeem himself in the end, and I think he will die doing it. Dumbledore's trust of him? I think it leads back to the night at Godric's Hollow. There are *so* many unanswered questions there. How did DD know they'd been attacked and the building destroyed? How did DD know where they were, and how could Hagrid have found it, if Pettigrew was the secret keeper? How did anybody know the course of events if everybody on site except Harry died? How did DD end up with the invisibility cloak? It is my theory that Snape was there under the invisibility cloak, like Harry was on the tower, and alerted DD. Perhaps the Fidelius charm was broken when the people upon whom it was sworn (the Potters) died? So Snape was able to tell DD where it all went down.

Hogwarts: will open, but I don't know if it will remain open.

Horcruxes. Well, JKR has already shot down a lot of my theories: Harry is not a Horcrux. The sorting hat is not a horcrux (that was a popular theory, as it was Godric Gryffindor's). I believe she said that Gryffindor's sword is not a horcrux because it's always been in the headmaster's office. I think something at Godric's Hollow may be a horcrux: JKR has confirmed the theory that there's significance to the word "Godric" in the name. This could go two ways - either one or both, really. That Voldemort made a horcrux there because of it's association with GG, or that the Potters were Gryffindor's heirs. It is highly probable that he *meant* to make a horcrux with Harry's death and failed, but that might mean there's a half-way horcrux of sorts on site there. Moving on from that, I like the theory that Kreacher has one of the horcrux' squirreled away. It would be very ironic that they'd been living with a horcrux that long, in Sirius' house, and never knew it.

Who else dies? Oh, I've been so sad thinking about this. I do think either Hagrid or Molly but not both. I don't think she'd bump off every remaining parental-like figure Harry has. I do think some Weasley will bite it. I hope it's Percy because he's the only one who's not likable but, I have a feeling that would be too convenient. I think, rather, he'll be a bit more of a tragic figure: he's going to lose a member of his family, and regret treating them all like crap for the past two years. I doubt it would be Bill, since he's already suffered. Could be Charlie, but he hasn't been a well developed character. Again, could be Mrs. Weasley. Or Mr. Weasley. Maybe Ginny or the twins. I could see the twins doing something brash and going out in a blaze of glory. On the other hand, they're such survivors, clever and wily, I could see them making it through. I think McGonagle will die. I feel that was forshadowed when she was hit by all the stunners at the end of book 5, and Madame Pomfrey fretted about her being too old to handle a hit like that.

Other predictions? I think there's something exciting about Ginny. It's obvious that there's something significant to her being the first girl child in the Weasley family in many generations. There's power in being a 7th child. Her brothers have commented on her power - one of the twins said something about her being small but powerful in book 5. The Bat-Bogie Hex quote.

I think Pettigrew will die helping Harry. He owes Harry a blood debt.

I think the veil is the curtain between life and death, and I don't think it can be breached per se... but I think Harry will find he can use it in some way. Perhaps just talking to the dead through it?

I think we'll be learning what Jame and Lily did for a living: I have a suspicion that Lily, at least, worked in the Department of Mysteries. I think she *knew* about the old magic that would protect Harry.

I'm really fascinated to learn what is up with Aunt Petunia. She clearly knows a lot more than she's letting on. She's been in contact with Dumbledore for unknown reasons. JKR has said that she's "all Muggle"... but I wonder how to interpret that? It's been taken to mean she can not and will not ever do magic. But... could one argue that "Muggle" is as much an attitude as an ability? It's said often that Muggles can't see Magical things because they just don't want to see them, they refuse to look, they intentionally look around things that don't suit their world view. Could P have magical ability, but be so Muggle that she represses it? And abject fear for the life of her son will finally break through that barrier? Alternately, there's a really wacky but compelling theory going around that Draco and Dudley were switched at birth; that the real Draco was a Squib and the real Dudley was a wizard, and both families couldn't abide that so Dumbledore or Snape arranged for them to be switched shortly after birth; by that theory, they've been Polyjuiced their whole lives. The person who argues this feels that's the reason for Petunia's obsessive cleaning - that she's freaked out that Polyjuice is being brewed in her kitchen, or is even brewing it herself.

JKR has said that some unexpected person will perform magic. As I argued above, there's still a chance it's Petunia. But I'm actually holding out for Filtch. He's such a sad man, living embittered on the fringes of the magical community, watching all these children performing magic that he doesn't stand a chance of touching. But as bitter as he is toward them, I don't think he'd keep working there if he didn't feel some sort of loyalty toward them, I think there is some deep kind of love and pride there even if he denies it. I bet he'll perform some magic to protect the students.

I think that Neville will definitely come into his own. He's been repressed for so long by his overbearing family, treating him like an idiot, that he'd really believed it; he proved that all wrong at the MoM battle. I think he will continue to grow. There's also a theory going around that Neville had a Memory Charm on him to prevent some awful memory - perhaps that of his parents being tortured? That explained his bad memory and general cluelessness, since it's been established that Memory Charms mess with a person's brain in general. Perhaps that charm is wearing off? Is he going to remember something really crucial?

Other creatures: I really want to know if Hermione's ever going to succeed in freeing the house elves. Will the conflict between Firenze and the rest of the centaurs come into play? How about the goblins? It's been said that their loyalties are kind of a mystery. And Grawp? Will the werewolves gain any respect, despite the efforts of Greyback?

Ollivander: I think he's a Death Eater. At the beginning of book 1, when Harry bought his wand, Ollivander tells him that it's very curious, because the phoenix that gave the feather to that wand gave only one other feather, and that one went into Voldemort's wand. Er... how did he know that? Voldemort would have been Tom Riddle when he bought his wand. Purportedly, nobody except Dumbledore knew that Voldemort used to be Tom Riddle. So how did Ollivander know that Tom Riddle's wand eventually wound up being Voldemort's wand?

But, Ollivander didn't show up at the graveyard in book 4. Voldemort said then that there were three DEs missing: one who was on the run, one whom he feared would never come back to him, and one who was his true servant doing his work. By the end of that book, you presume the first is Karkaroff, the second Snape, the third Crouch. I cannot help but think that JKR purposely planted that there to confuse us. Perhaps he wasn't mentioning Crouch at all because he knew all the other DEs assumed him to be dead? In that case, was Ollivander one of the three missing DEs he mentioned? If so, which one? If we continue to assume that Karkaroff is the one on the run, is Ollivander the faithful servant? Or is Snape? I think Voldemort thinks Snape is his faithful servant, and Ollivander is the one who will not come back.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Harry, will he live or die? Live. If you compare the Harry Potter saga with Homer's Oddessy, (as I am doing for my Master's Thesis ), it just makes sense. (And if JKR kills off Harry, I'll have to redo my thesis! : )

Ron: Will he live or die? As much as I wish it were otherwise, I think Ron will die.

Hermione: Will she live or die? Live

Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Lord Voldemort will be vanquished, but he will not die. (And his defeat will have something to do with his continued underestimation of the power of love.)

Snape: Is he good or bad? Will he live or die? Snape is neither strictly good nor strictly bad, merely self serving. He will die.

Dumbledore: Why did he trust Snape? For several reasons, mainly because, as Sirius said, "Dumbledore trusts where others would not." As previously mentioned, Snape informed Lily and James, and I agree that Snape's killing Dumbledore was prearranged between the two of them.

Hogwarts: Will it be open or closed? Open

Horcruxes: What objects do you think are horcruxes? Well, there are 7, so:

* Maybe the Sorcerer's Stone (Stone of Destiny in Authurian legend), but it's admittedly a bit of a stretch.
* Riddle's diary
* Marvolo's ring
*Slytherin's locket (which RAB - Regulus Black - stole, but did not destroy. It was the "heavy gold locket that none of them could open" when they were cleaning up Number 12 Grimmald Place in OotP)
* Nagini
* I'm leaning toward Harry's Invisibility Cloak, because such a cloak is also one of the Hallows of Britain.

If any of the above are not horcruxes, there are other possibilities:

~ The other "Hogwarts Four" artifacts.

~ The Mirror of Erised (a real stretch)

~ The cauldren Voldemort used at his "rebirth". (A cauldron is another of the Hallows of Britian.)

Neville
Ginny

Please add any other predictions.

(You asked for it! )

Aunt Petunia will reveal hitherto secret abilities.

(I'll be back later to post more.)

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

my husband weighs in as follows:

the story and character 'calls' for harry's death in the process of defeating voldemort and the death eaters.

but, if this does not come to pass and harry lives, then my husband asserts that in the process of fighting voldemort, voldemort and harry's fight will create a situation in which the whole magical world collapses and is destroyed--wizards, witches, and all--and harry is left, the lone wizard among the muggle (real) world.

how stark is that?

compelling though, actually. but, he says it'll probably simply be the end of harry and voldemort.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 PM

its a childrens novel. I can't see it being that stark.

V.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
[B]Lord Voldemort: Will he live or die? Lord Voldemort will be vanquished, but he will not die. (And his defeat will have something to do with his continued underestimation of the power of love.)
darn, I dont' have my book in front of me. But I have a passage marked in HBP where DD is talking about Tom Riddle. I think that this is why DD was happy that VM had taken some of harry's blood. He introduced love into himself. The thing that Tom Riddle needed as a child and could grasp. Tom is still in there. The last of the souls. Harry has to get to him and save him...with the love of a mother.

V.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM

just keep posting...just keep posting...

another reason that I believe this is if you read the books, DD sometimes talks about LV and sometimes he talks about Tom Riddle as if they are not the same person. And he always calls him Tom. The conversation is the MOM between then is very interesting.

V
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboroson View Post
It is my theory that Snape was there under the invisibility cloak, like Harry was on the tower, and alerted DD.

Horcruxes. Well, JKR has already shot down a lot of my theories: Harry is not a Horcrux.

Who else dies? I think McGonagle will die.

Other creatures: I really want to know if Hermione's ever going to succeed in freeing the house elves.

Ollivander: I think he's a Death Eater. At the beginning of book 1, when Harry bought his wand, Ollivander tells him that it's very curious, because the phoenix that gave the feather to that wand gave only one other feather, and that one went into Voldemort's wand. Er... how did he know that? Voldemort would have been Tom Riddle when he bought his wand. Purportedly, nobody except Dumbledore knew that Voldemort used to be Tom Riddle. So how did Ollivander know that Tom Riddle's wand eventually wound up being Voldemort's wand?
To the theory that Snape was under the Invisibility Cloak on the night the Potters died, JKR said simply, "No, he wasn't." That she bothered to shoot down this theory at all is neat.

Harry as Horcrux- JKR has not shot this down or confirmed it. But I refuse to believe it, not if it means Harry has to die.

McGonagall- I think that was her brush with death.

Hermione is going to be a barrister and represent all sorts of repressed beings in magical Britain.

Well, Slughorn knew Tom Riddle became Lord Voldemort. But you're right, that doesn't explain how Ollivander knew. He certainly is odd and gives Harry the heeby jeebies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
i believe that both harry and LV will die. it would be the most honest ending for the story.
Aside from the fact that I just love Harry and don't want him to die, JKR already had Dumbledore tell Harry (or did Lupin tell him? I've got movie contamination) it would be wrong to waist the sacrifice his parents made with their deaths. I really think Harry is meant to live. All along Harry has simply wanted to be a normal boy. When Voldemort dies I can imagine Harry will lose the scar and his parseltongue ability.

JKR also said if she killed off Harry no one else would be able to write Harry Potter stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
[B]~ The cauldren Voldemort used at his "rebirth". (A cauldron is another of the Hallows of Britian.)
Voldemort's cauldron as horcrux- that's a good one. He'd have used Cedric Diggory's death.

One more prediction: The Trio will go back to the Cave and they'll have to use Hermione's waterproof fire to stave off inferi.

===============

Quote:
I think that this is why DD was happy that VM had taken some of harry's blood.
Ah yes, the gleam of triumph in Dumbledore's eye.

=================================

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Old 06-19-2007, 07:34 PM

I don't think he could have used Cedric's death, because he didn't kill Cedric - Pettigrew did. Maybe he planned to use Harry's death to make it one. More likely, he planned to use Harry's death to make Nagini one?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 PM

Hm... here's a thought: wouldn't it be funny if Percy found his way back into the fold because he fell in love with someone really unexpected? Tonks would have fit the bill really well, but she's already got a good man...
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
I don't think he could have used Cedric's death, because he didn't kill Cedric - Pettigrew did. Maybe he planned to use Harry's death to make it one. More likely, he planned to use Harry's death to make Nagini one?
Question on this point: Did Pettigrew use Voldemort's wand to kill Cedric? Cedric came out of the wand during Priori Incantatem, which would indicate that Voldemort's wand killed him. I just couldn't remember if it was mentioned in the book.

I'm loving all these theories!

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Hm... here's a thought: wouldn't it be funny if Percy found his way back into the fold because he fell in love with someone really unexpected? Tonks would have fit the bill really well, but she's already got a good man...
Ms. Luna Lovegood?

:
Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcmommy2003 View Post
Question on this point: Did Pettigrew use Voldemort's wand to kill Cedric? Cedric came out of the wand during Priori Incantatem, which would indicate that Voldemort's wand killed him. I just couldn't remember if it was mentioned in the book.

I'm loving all these theories!
WOWZA! I never thought of that!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:55 AM

Harry will die I think. Ron and Hermione will make it battle worn but make it. I think Snape will show his true colors on the side of good. I think Lupin may not make it. Voldemort will definitely meet his demise. Wormtail will be sent to Azkaban.
Too bad I just now saw this I must go to bed now but I will definitely read this thread tomarrow evening just wanted to subscribe.

User Tag List