Fat Actress - episode "Cry Baby McGuire" (discussion, warning - spoilers) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I d/l'ed this episode of Fat Actress a few nights ago from iTunes... granted it's the only episode of the show I've seen so far but.... it really bothers me.

Like, really.

I'm not fat. But I *have* been depressed, and that part at the beginning where she's laying in bed and gets out from under the covers and she has food all over herself was just... Idk I had a visceral reaction to it. BLEGH

And then when she meets that billionaire, and jumps in bed with him, immediately has sex with him after just meeting him, and not only is there no mention of safe sex whatsoever but also it's played up like they're suddenly totally in love because he told her she's beautiful and Special. WTF is this crap??

so, I'm not even halfway through the episode and I'm completely disgusted ~~ at their view of fat people, at how she flips out and starts screeching at her assistants, and then how it's ok to be a total sexual object, because a woman's self-worth should be defined through their ability to be sexually desirable. Oh and it also mentions that the billionaire has two young kids and he's a widower ~ so like, what, they're just with a nanny or something??

OMG someone tell me this isn't what the whole show is like -- !!! please?!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page