Recent spoilers--Harry Potter DO NOT POST THEM - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
Umm...did you guys know that when you get email alerts for threads, the text that's under the spoiler tags shows up in the email? Something for people to be aware of...beware of your email alerts!!
...


Uh..no I did not know that.

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#62 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
 
andreac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It didn't matter to me, becuase I have NO idea what the spoiler is that you guys are talking about. MDC is just about my only internet vice, so I'm nice and isolated from the spoilers.

But once the book comes out, people will need to know!
andreac is offline  
#63 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
AAGHHH!!

I was still hoping that spoiler was fake!

Well, I was spoiled with it too so you can pm me if you need someone to talk to. Now you can't post on some of the speculation threads either. :
Holy crap, now I'm scared. That bad? *faints*

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is online now  
#64 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
It didn't matter to me, becuase I have NO idea what the spoiler is that you guys are talking about. MDC is just about my only internet vice, so I'm nice and isolated from the spoilers.

But once the book comes out, people will need to know!
Well, we will only have one spoiler thread and if someone subs to that without reading the book well...I don't know what else we can do.

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#65 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
Holy crap, now I'm scared. That bad? *faints*
Oh..I mean that I was spoiled "AAGGH!!" I am expressing no opinion towards the actual content.

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#66 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:41 PM
 
gealach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*covers eyes and runs away*

I do NOT see spoiler tags above. I am NOT tempted to click on them.

I'm off to find a lamp to bonk my head into for punishment of my naughty spoiler-opening desires.

Me , 36 year old RN and future AP mom in training . I am wife to one wonderful husband and "mom" to one great rescue pup :.
gealach is offline  
#67 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
*covers eyes and runs away*

I do NOT see spoiler tags above. I am NOT tempted to click on them.

I'm off to find a lamp to bonk my head into for punishment of my naughty spoiler-opening desires.
The stuff in the spoiler tags is not actually a spoiler.

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#68 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:47 PM
 
carriebft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,947
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I just figured some people might not want to know what scholastic is saying about what is going on on the net, so I put it in tags.

Others might want to know so they are not tempted to look at certain things that might contain a true spoiler.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
carriebft is offline  
#69 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
 
gealach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
The stuff in the spoiler tags is not actually a spoiler.
Oh, I figured it wasn't a true spoiler. I mean, with the threat of something "really icky" happening to you, who would dare?

I was still afraid to open for fear it would hint. Since I've managed to avoid any rumors thus far, I am safe. *putting my mandrake-quality earmuffs back on now*

Me , 36 year old RN and future AP mom in training . I am wife to one wonderful husband and "mom" to one great rescue pup :.
gealach is offline  
#70 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No I understand why you put it in tags, just wanted to note that the tags were nothing to be concerned about (unless you already got spoiled)

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#71 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
 
andreac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Well, we will only have one spoiler thread and if someone subs to that without reading the book well...I don't know what else we can do.
Call it the "stupid tax" and move on with your day... I don't know why anywould sign up to a SPOILER thread and not want spoilers!
andreac is offline  
#72 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreac View Post
Call it the "stupid tax" and move on with your day... I don't know why anywould sign up to a SPOILER thread and not want spoilers!
But I call lottery tickets "stupid tax"

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#73 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
 
zaksma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who like perezhilton, there is a post about DH being leaked and in the comments underneath- it has spoilers posted. I just wanted to warn you guys!
zaksma is offline  
#74 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM
 
Mamma Mia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,978
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was going to come in and say that DH is available on BitTorrent in it's entirety. Do with that what you will. (thepiratebay.org is where you go look)

Some people are saying it is a fan fiction and not the real thing. No way to tell for sure until the book comes out. There is a detailed potential spoiler in the PH.com post though! There have been a lot of fake spoilers floating around out there. This one has page numbers but could still be very faked.
Mamma Mia is offline  
#75 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 06:06 PM
 
andreac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
But I call lottery tickets "stupid tax"
There are many many kinds of stupid tax. When DH and I were in college, he lived in a fraternity house and I basically live with him...everything left out in public was stupid taxed...beer, cigarettes, pot, oreos...usually in exactly that order!
andreac is offline  
#76 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
 
intorainbowz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Crying into my Diet Coke.
Posts: 3,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gealach View Post
*covers eyes and runs away*

I do NOT see spoiler tags above. I am NOT tempted to click on them.

I'm off to find a lamp to bonk my head into for punishment of my naughty spoiler-opening desires.
That was me too. I was highlighting individual letters....


Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
The stuff in the spoiler tags is not actually a spoiler.
Thank you for posting. I have not seen the pages, so I'm good. Thankfully. I'm avoiding the spoilers like mad, but when they are right there in front of your face.... :


Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
For those of you who like perezhilton, there is a post about DH being leaked and in the comments underneath- it has spoilers posted. I just wanted to warn you guys!
Thank you, I check Perez at night. I think I'll have to skip TMZ and x17online as well huh? : I'll miss my trash news.
intorainbowz is offline  
#77 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
 
Ruthla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 47,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just because Scholastic is taking the "spoilers online" seriously is NOT proof that the spoilers are real. It's just proof that Scholastic is taking them seriously. Maybe they'll drop the case after the book is released.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
Ruthla is offline  
#78 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 08:39 PM
 
Nankay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, I love HP and have read every book a good half dozen times. If J.K. Rowling phoned me tonight and told me the whole plot of Bk 7 it would not ruin it at all for me. I would still be there at midnight to buy my book and stay up the rest of the night and all day Saturday reading!
Nankay is offline  
#79 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 08:44 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankay View Post
You know, I love HP and have read every book a good half dozen times. If J.K. Rowling phoned me tonight and told me the whole plot of Bk 7 it would not ruin it at all for me. I would still be there at midnight to buy my book and stay up the rest of the night and all day Saturday reading!
I would still be upset. I want to know so horribly badly, but I have waited YEARS for all the answers and I am one of those people who hates having surprises ruined whether it be books, movies, xmas...

I would hang up if JK called me and started talking about it. And that's saying something.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is online now  
#80 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 PM
 
Ruthla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 47,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
I would still be upset. I want to know so horribly badly, but I have waited YEARS for all the answers and I am one of those people who hates having surprises ruined whether it be books, movies, xmas...

I would hang up if JK called me and started talking about it. And that's saying something.
I would also hang up the phone if some woman I'd never met before called me up and claimed to be Jo Rowling.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
Ruthla is offline  
#81 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
 
tboroson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Honalee
Posts: 6,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Scrambling to look up Ruthla's phone number
tboroson is offline  
#82 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
 
Ruthla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 47,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboroson View Post
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
Scrambling to look up Ruthla's phone number

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
Ruthla is offline  
#83 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 41,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
#84 of 178 Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
 
journeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Having a Gilly Water with McGonagall
Posts: 9,766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, dang, now I wonder if dd and I should go to the party at the local book

G-d, I can hardly stand the wait.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
journeymom is offline  
#85 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 AM
 
kallyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: central PA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH, the horrid man, has downloaded the leaked book and is currently reading it on the laptop downstairs. I am so irritated that he can't even wait until Saturday to read it! And I hate knowing that he'll have read it and I haven't!! AHHHH. : I don't even want to look at him until Saturday for fear that the look on his face will tell me what happened!

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
kallyn is offline  
#86 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 AM
 
annettemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the Restricted Section
Posts: 41,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn View Post
DH, the horrid man, has downloaded the leaked book and is currently reading it on the laptop downstairs. I am so irritated that he can't even wait until Saturday to read it! And I hate knowing that he'll have read it and I haven't!! AHHHH. : I don't even want to look at him until Saturday for fear that the look on his face will tell me what happened!
Wait a minute--the whole dang book is available now? I thought it was just the epilogue and contents?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

annettemarie is offline  
#87 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM
 
MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: With Vin Diesel ;) YUMMMM
Posts: 14,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it has a spoiler tag tho wouldnt tah keep you from seeing it??

 
SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

MCatLvrMom2A&X is offline  
#88 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamma Mia View Post
I was going to come in and say that DH is available on BitTorrent in it's entirety. Do with that what you will. (thepiratebay.org is where you go look)

Some people are saying it is a fan fiction and not the real thing. No way to tell for sure until the book comes out. There is a detailed potential spoiler in the PH.com post though! There have been a lot of fake spoilers floating around out there. This one has page numbers but could still be very faked.
Oh...apparently bittorrent does have the whole book.



Someone took pics of every single page. How legible would that even be?

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
#89 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 01:16 AM
 
kallyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: central PA
Posts: 1,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Wait a minute--the whole dang book is available now? I thought it was just the epilogue and contents?
He says it's the whole book and he's on page 100 or thereabouts. I keep telling him to stop talking whenever he mentions it.

Me love.gif, DH guitar.gif, and DD baby.gif9/27/10!
kallyn is offline  
#90 of 178 Old 07-18-2007, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter
 
JessicaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 43,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn View Post
He says it's the whole book and he's on page 100 or thereabouts. I keep telling him to stop talking whenever he mentions it.
Have him read the first sentance and only the first sentance and then google it.

Several websites were claiming to have Deathly Hallows but it was a fanfiction that was taken from "sink into your eyes" which is a Harry/Ginny fanfiction archive

Not all those who wander are lost 
JessicaS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off