WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1669 Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
I was just reading in the politics forum and came across the title 'SAHMafia' and the first thing I thought of was that would make an awesome guild name.

LOL
I would so join that guild...infact I think I might make one on Farstriders hahahaha.

I'm going thru withdrawl I NEED to do my dailies!
#302 of 1669 Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM

Oh lordie...Addons...I have so many...

I have:
-Gatherer
-Atlas loot
-Cosmos (sorta...I deleted most of the stuff that came with it, it was just too much)
-Deadly Boss Mods
-CEnemy Castbar (Natur-Enemy? something like that-but its not working right since the patch for me, the timers arn't working)
-Bongos (changes your interface)
-X-Pearl Classic (changes your interface)
-Damage Meters-although again, the new version isnt working right so I've got something else atm
-Omen (or KTM)-must have for grouping/instancing!!
-Grid-this is the most wonderful thing ever if you ever heal
-Auctioneer
-Group Calender (good for raiding guilds)
-Meta Map
-StinkyQue (for getting into AVs in a group)
-Wardrobe
-A whole bunch of other stuff that I think came with cosmos

And yeah, I know I look like I'm all alone on Blackwater Raiders, but if anyone ever rolls on that server or transfers or something, I'm one of the GMs of my guild and I'm always happy to invite good players.

Cari-mama to Eriq, Lile, Paikea, Kaidyn, and Mieke is here!! 2/9/10
#303 of 1669 Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 PM

Everyone says that you have to have omen/KLM/insert other aggro mod of choice but honestly I've found it utterly useless. I deleted mine.
#304 of 1669 Old 04-02-2008, 04:51 PM

well ktm / omen is really only good if other people have it as well (if they dont have it they wont show up so there is no relative threat metering) and most who dont raid dont have it, in my experience, so if youre pugging its not that great and if youre with guildies chances are you wont need it anyway.

it was pretty good for raids but its been broken by the new combat log so the new omen is pretty buggy or not compatible with other versions and being updated every 5 mins so for the most part, they are ALL crap right this second.

i figure it will be better in a few weeks when people work out the kinks of the new combat log.

i use grid and as a druid healer I LOVE HOTCANDY. lol. it might be useful for other hot casters, not a healer mod for pallies for sure.
#305 of 1669 Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 PM

i don't remember if i posted my addons but here they are:

Omen
Damage Meters
Auctioneer
ArcHUD2
ShamanFriend (dh has it on my computer)
Atlas Loot
Ankh Cooldown timer (another of dh's)
GFW_Hunters helper
Grimoire Keeper (forlocks)
Guild Evnt Manager (hate it but it's a guild "req" )
PetEXpinfo bar
Shaman Shield Bar
SHaman Weapon Bar
WIM (makes your whispers appear in IM boxes)
I also have lootlink, but i prefer atlasloot
#306 of 1669 Old 04-02-2008, 11:25 PM

At 70, *most* players have some form of threat meter (KTM or Omen) and it does become increasingly useful, mainly if you're a tank or dps. I cant do pugs anymore unless at LEAST the tank has a threat meter as I tend to outgear most that I run into (I'm an epic'd out shadow priest, with about 1100+damage). I have to constantly watch it or I'll pull agro....even with a good tank. Plus its useful when you go into a run and see the tank barely generating any threat...that says *run now, while you can!!*

We actually require it in my guild as even in guild runs, you can accidentally overtake the tank in threat and die. Although in regular instances we pretty much dont pay any attention anymore, lol. But like...in heroic Magisters Terrace...not fun when I accidentally pull one of the big arcane dudes on me. RIP.

#307 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Can anyone recommend a specific map addon and damage meter? I was using MetaMap, but it looks like they're not planning on updating that any more. I generally like to keep things simple, but I neeeeeeeed my map coordinates and as I'm getting closer to raiding, I'd like a damage meter to see where I'm at and what I need to work on.

My current addons are:
--auctioneer (gotta make gold for that epic flyer!)
--MetaMap
--Omen (which is turned off most of the time, but my guild requires it for raids and suggests it for 5 mans, so...)

I think I'm going to get LightHeaded too, unless there's a reason one of the other quest addons is better?
#308 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Okay, so now I know which addons I'd like, but how do I get them? Dowload them to where? Simple step by step instructions anyone?

Ty from the addon illiterate noob...

:
#309 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM

You can use cursegaming BUT if you do, do NOT use the curse installer. download and choose a mirror automatically and then put it in your addons folder yourself. To do that...

1. Download the zip file
2. Extract to it's own file
3. open new folder and check to make sure the folder inside has the contents not just another titled folder.
4. drag folder with addon contents to C>Programs>world of warcraft> interface>addons
5. open game and enjoy.

www.curse.com
#310 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Thank you!

I've heard a lot about viruses from downloads.. Is that something I need to look for and if so, how do I make sure I am getting a virus free download?

:
#311 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 01:08 PM

You can also go to www.files.wowace.com. They have the MOST current versions, curse doesnt get them until after wowace. Its driving us nuts too-Omen keeps getting updated like every day, sometimes more than once! So we've been having to reupdate it constantly. Annoying.

I'm using Recount for my damage meter atm. I think I like it...its got sooo much more info than the old DamageMeters did. But on the other hand, DamageMeter was so straight forward and Recount takes a bit to get used to. However, if you just leave it on the regular straight up general damage meter and leave it alone, its great! It not only shows your damage but your damage from specific abilities. So like, I learned that I do the most damage with Mind Blast overall, even though it has a longer CD.

Not sure about viruses as I've never gotten one, nor a keylogger. I do what SeekingSleep does and no problems.

#312 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Awesome, I just knew I came to the right place. I have a 43 Holy Priest on Ysondre, but just deactivated, due to pukey-fun morning sickness.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#313 of 1669 Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

I just update omen occasionally. It doesn't seem to matter if it isn't always up to date. For some reason, it's working great on my alt & not at all on my main, though. I've even tried deleting the savedvariables for it.

Sorry I haven't updated the lists recently, I haven't been on MDC much. I will get them done. hopefully soon.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#314 of 1669 Old 04-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsNemesis View Post
At 70, *most* players have some form of threat meter (KTM or Omen) and it does become increasingly useful, mainly if you're a tank or dps. I cant do pugs anymore unless at LEAST the tank has a threat meter as I tend to outgear most that I run into (I'm an epic'd out shadow priest, with about 1100+damage). I have to constantly watch it or I'll pull agro....even with a good tank. Plus its useful when you go into a run and see the tank barely generating any threat...that says *run now, while you can!!*
I hear that! My shadow priest is the only char I feel *really* needs it, although DP likes it for his lock, too. Otherwise even when I think I'm being careful I draw argos. It's especially nice in raids when you're sleep deprived, I like the way omen flashes red and I'm like, eh? huh? oh *@#%, fade, trinket! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjulybabes View Post
Can anyone recommend a specific map addon and damage meter? I was using MetaMap, but it looks like they're not planning on updating that any more. I generally like to keep things simple, but I neeeeeeeed my map coordinates and as I'm getting closer to raiding, I'd like a damage meter to see where I'm at and what I need to work on.

My current addons are:
--auctioneer (gotta make gold for that epic flyer!)
--MetaMap
--Omen (which is turned off most of the time, but my guild requires it for raids and suggests it for 5 mans, so...)

I think I'm going to get LightHeaded too, unless there's a reason one of the other quest addons is better?
I haven't seen anyone else suggest it, but Cartographer has quest help, everything that has a nodes if you DL the database, and all the maps including dungeon maps. Unlike Gatherer you don't have to find the nodes first, you can select what specific nodes you want, and have it give you the best path to follow to gather them. It can also give you the best route to follow for questing.

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#315 of 1669 Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM

Uggh yeah, my SP draws aggro like mad, no matter how hard I try! Thank God for Omen!
#316 of 1669 Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

I'm totally confused about Scryers and Aldor factions.

I have a lvl 65 resto shammy. Profs are mining and JC. JC trainer in Shat is on the Aldor tier. Which means if I choose Scryer I can't train there.

Not sure what to do at all...

I dislike being a clueless noob.

:
#317 of 1669 Old 04-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBlue View Post
I'm totally confused about Scryers and Aldor factions.

I have a lvl 65 resto shammy. Profs are mining and JC. JC trainer in Shat is on the Aldor tier. Which means if I choose Scryer I can't train there.

Not sure what to do at all...

I dislike being a clueless noob.
have you tried looking the two factions up on wowwiki or thottbot? Let me see if I can find the link for you! When i was trying to decide I know there was a chart oftypes I looked at which made choosing a lot easier!
#318 of 1669 Old 04-07-2008, 01:54 PM

Here it is:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Comparison_of...Scryer_rewards

It has comparisons of the rewards for each faction. As a hunter (and former tailor) i went with aldor based on the rep rewards. HTH
#319 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Yeah, I looked at that, which is why I am confused.

I really don't know what is best. It's a very serious decision that should no tbe madce lightly. Lives could depend on which faction I choose!

Really though, any suggestions?

:
#320 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 02:13 PM

I'd have to say Aldor since you're a JC. Both aldor and scryers only have 1 resto shammy reward
#321 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I looked at that, which is why I am confused.

I really don't know what is best. It's a very serious decision that should no tbe madce lightly. Lives could depend on which faction I choose!

Really though, any suggestions?
I'm wondering if it's deliberately confusing. For example, I've heard the enchanter trainer is Scryer, but the good enchanting recipes are Aldor. Not sure if that is true or not. For me, it doesn't matter. Both my 70s are alchemists. There is one alchemy recipe and it is Scryer only, but my Alliance alchemist is Aldor and I don't care enough about the recipe to change things. My bloodelf chose Scryer since she was already friendly with them by virtue of being a bloodelf. There is other rep I want more, but I do feel that Scryer/Aldor rep is easier to grind than some of the others. But any rep with dailies, that is the one I can usually get: Shat'tari Skyguard, Ogri'la, Shattered Sun.
#322 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

I was looking it up last night, & I think you should go with Aldor. Main reason being, they have some pretty good healing inscriptions. That's the main reason I went Aldor on my holy priest, despite being an alchemist.

Pretty sure I'm going to go Scryer for the +crit inscriptions. If we end up doing things that way, it'll work out good on rep drops, too. I can give you the Aldor stuff & you can give me Scryer.

Going to try to catch up on updating the lists. Let me know if I missed you, there's a lot of posts since I last updated.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#323 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and for the previous add-on conversation, I have a *lot* of them.

Atlas
Atlas Loot (and all the various other atlas bits)
Auctioneer package (minus enchantrix)
Big Wigs .....haven't figured this one out yet
Cartographer (& it's database components, about 8 add total)
CensusPlus (turned off atm)
ChatCopy
ChatLog
Ct_Raid Assist
Damage Meters (need to update)
Enhanced Online Indicator
EquipCompare
GFW_Adspace, _DisenchantPredictor, _FactionFriend
MobInfo2
MonitorStatusPlus (the non-moveable frame version)
Omen
Outfitter
RatingsBuster
ReputationMonitor
SCT
Titan

#324 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 PM

i dont know whats better for a resto shaman, but basically, aldor have more plus heal and less mp5 than the scryer, and scryer have more mp5 and less plus heal.

so, ultimately, do you want to enchant with superior mp5 , or plus heal?
#325 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, both my 70s are healers and would love either MP5 or healing, so maybe I'll grind rep.
#326 of 1669 Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
do you want to enchant with superior mp5 , or plus heal
Try agin in English please. LOL

I am a total noob idjit. No clue what you are even talking about...

*bag over head*

:
#327 of 1669 Old 04-09-2008, 12:14 AM

well, both scryer and aldor have shoulder enchants at honored and exalted rep. most people will say this is the most important thing to pick from because the gear will be replaced and the recipes you can use other people for the stuff, etc.

so ill use healer for example...

the aldor exalted shoulder enchant has 33 healing, 11 damage and 4 mana regen per 5 seconds.

the scryer exalted shoulder enchant has 6 mana per 5 seconds, 22 plus to heal.

so as you can see the healer enchants are pretty close in usefulness its just aldor has a slight advantage in plus heal and scryer has a slight advantage in mana regen.

in speaking with some of my guildies, while reading this thread i'm in heroic instance, LOL, they seem to think that with mana tide a shaman doesnt have mana regen issues and the plus heal might be more what you want. but really its up to you.

there are enchants for dps casters, tanks and dps melee as well. and they differ a little bit in the same ways, so if your shaman will be elemental you can decide if youd rather have spell damage, or spell crit. i dont know which one is better for which, in dps melee one has better crit and one has better ap.

hope that helps some.
#328 of 1669 Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBuddy View Post
If you are on Norgannon and want to join a totally worthless guild to get people to stop inviting you to their guild, PM me and we can arrange a time. :-)
Yay, someone else on Norgannon! I have a 70 holy pally, 43 shaman, 36 warlock, 18 mage and 12 priest.

I've just started doing pvp and got my first piece of the Guardian set (I think it's guardian....whatever lol), so I'm a badly geared clumsy Holy pally. It's fun though.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#329 of 1669 Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Try agin in English please. LOL

I am a total noob idjit. No clue what you are even talking about...

*bag over head*
No need to apologize. We've all been noobs at one point.

MP5 = restores X mana per 5 seconds

SAHM to Declan (12/12/06) and Blythe (2/9/09)
#330 of 1669 Old 04-10-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
Yay, someone else on Norgannon! I have a 70 holy pally, 43 shaman, 36 warlock, 18 mage and 12 priest.

I've just started doing pvp and got my first piece of the Guardian set (I think it's guardian....whatever lol), so I'm a badly geared clumsy Holy pally. It's fun though.
I haven't logged on to Norgannon in a long time. I went to another server because some MDC'ers were there, and now I'm mostly on Runetotem because some other MDC'ers are there... :-) I'm easily lead astray.

I have a 50 Human Paly there named Thebagmanjr. He was supposed to be my AH toon, but he ended up being my highest level toon. :-) I also have a 37 Rogue, 32 Shaman, 25 Druid, 23 Mage, 22 Hunter, 22 Warlock, and 12 Priest, as well as my AH toon Redgreen and another toon I just use to mail stuff to to get it out of my bank for a while... :-D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page