WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2008, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post
I don't have any frame rate issues. I mean I'm not sure I would really notice if I had a better frame rate than what I have, because it is already pretty good.

So my DH said playable is 20, good is 30, superb is 60. I just checked my frame rate flying on my nether ray around Shattrath and I got anywhere from 15 to 60, depending on how fast I was turning and such. In general it is in the high 30's to mid 40's.
>.> people see 20 regularly??? I have no issues with my super low framerates and dh has LAG constantly now w/a better video card than i have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

My normal fps is 40s, and I routinely get 70-80 with my macbook pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSleep View Post
>.> people see 20 regularly??? I have no issues with my super low framerates and dh has LAG constantly now w/a better video card than i have!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2008, 01:59 PM

My poor Shaman is level 45 and has never been to a dungeon. I did them all on my Pally (70) and so i feel like I know what I'm missing. I'm gear/loot stupid, I admit it. My poor 70 pally has one piece of honor gear and then a mix of greens and blues for armor. I'm trying to get better gear doing lots of bgs because I'm in an arena team and we're sick of getting spanked. I found bgs to be extremely intimidating at first and didn't like doing it; people aren't the most helpful in there. Now I like it a lot, I'm holy so I just get to run around and heal and I usually run in the top 3 healers.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
My poor Shaman is level 45 and has never been to a dungeon. I did them all on my Pally (70) and so i feel like I know what I'm missing. I'm gear/loot stupid, I admit it. My poor 70 pally has one piece of honor gear and then a mix of greens and blues for armor. I'm trying to get better gear doing lots of bgs because I'm in an arena team and we're sick of getting spanked. I found bgs to be extremely intimidating at first and didn't like doing it; people aren't the most helpful in there. Now I like it a lot, I'm holy so I just get to run around and heal and I usually run in the top 3 healers.
LOL, I love BGs but can't get DH to do them with me often. I'm so not the healing type. I played 3 years of EQ as a healer, I play a shaman but am a total hybrid because its usually just DH and I grouping. When we do BGs I'm usually in one of the top for kills, lol. DH calls me the suicide shaman... I run head first in and throw down totems and start slashing. Can't help it... I see the fight and want to jump head first into it. I'm a bad healer, lol. And we do a ton of dungeons because I like having gold in my bank account and good equip on my char, lol. We are also working on outfitting a group of lower levels in our guild and leveling them.

I figure when I get higher (only 47 ATM) I'll probably reset my skill points and actually pick a fight style... either Elem or Enhance. They are pretty split between Elem and Resto ATM, but I'm still dangerous in PVP, especially with a Twinked Hunter Husband to tank, lol.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicdoula View Post
With my 5 characters in illidan (from 19 mage up to 45 druid), I never even did a bg until my druid was 42. Then I played my warlock, who is now 39, in some bgs. I realized the best thing to do is start at level 19, play a bunch and stock up the badges and honor points, level another 10, then go back to bg at 39. The point is, then you're among the highest level in the bg and have a better chance of winning them. My husband told me not to use up my honor points on gear as I level. To wait til one of my characters reach 70 and then I'll have tons of honor to use by them. None would have been wasted.

I just leveled my mage from 16 to 19 yesterday so I can start her on bgs from the get go.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

Old 04-17-2008, 06:24 PM

Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 PM

what?

paste eaters?

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

Old 04-17-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
With my 5 characters in illidan (from 19 mage up to 45 druid), I never even did a bg until my druid was 42. Then I played my warlock, who is now 39, in some bgs. I realized the best thing to do is start at level 19, play a bunch and stock up the badges and honor points, level another 10, then go back to bg at 39. The point is, then you're among the highest level in the bg and have a better chance of winning them. My husband told me not to use up my honor points on gear as I level. To wait til one of my characters reach 70 and then I'll have tons of honor to use by them. None would have been wasted.

I just leveled my mage from 16 to 19 yesterday so I can start her on bgs from the get go.
Exactly. At each "9" level we head into the bgs to grind. I'm not spending any until I get way up there. We do enough dungeons to get decent gear without spending honor points right now. At this level you outgrow it pretty fast anyways.

Who else is on a PVP server?
On regular servers can you randomly kill Alliance/Horde or do you have to engage in an arena or such? We really like PVP but some nights when I'm out questing it does get annoying when an Alliance group wanders by and ganks ya while you're fighting a group of mobs. lol. Drive by PVP. Some areas we just don't go unless a high level friend is on to "gaurd" us, lol.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:13 PM

retards...lol people who have no clue how to play
Old 04-17-2008, 08:20 PM

If you only play BGs casually I guess I could see saving your honor, but you easily earn 10x the honor per BG at 70 than you do in the low level ones so I wouldn't really save it up to wait for 70. I'd get the trinket as soon as I have the honor for it first. Can't remember what it's called on alliance but it's Insignia of the Horde on horde side. That is always my first priority for my honor.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I wouldn't think people see 20 regularly, but I don't know. I wasn't trying to make a value judgment, I was just saying that based on the two different graphics engines that the OS's can have, there may be a different in framerates per seconds. It's not something I would ever notice, or honestly even care about.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:02 PM

There is enough of that gay and retard thing in WoW, can we please not do that here? Not to be an ass about it or anything...:
Old 04-17-2008, 09:03 PM

My husband said that Wifeswap was looking for couples who play WoW.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
There is enough of that gay and retard thing in WoW, can we please not do that here? Not to be an ass about it or anything...:
ITA retard and paste eater

:
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
My husband said that Wifeswap was looking for couples who play WoW.
do they have to play on the same servers I wonder
Old 04-18-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine233 View Post

Who else is on a PVP server?
On regular servers can you randomly kill Alliance/Horde or do you have to engage in an arena or such? We really like PVP but some nights when I'm out questing it does get annoying when an Alliance group wanders by and ganks ya while you're fighting a group of mobs. lol. Drive by PVP. Some areas we just don't go unless a high level friend is on to "gaurd" us, lol.
DH lvled to 40 ish on a pvp server before transfering to a RP server where we're at now. On a rp server you have to flag yourself in order to pvp anywhere but bg's or arenas.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
If you only play BGs casually I guess I could see saving your honor, but you easily earn 10x the honor per BG at 70 than you do in the low level ones so I wouldn't really save it up to wait for 70. I'd get the trinket as soon as I have the honor for it first. Can't remember what it's called on alliance but it's Insignia of the Horde on horde side. That is always my first priority for my honor.
"Insignia of the Alliance" Definitely worth getting as soon as you can, it's helpful in PvE and PvP.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 AM

I can't find my insignia of the horde. I need to get another one!! I have so many dang trinkets atm tho its insane, eng stuff that all has to be equipped.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM

I suppose a lvl update would be good . Eladra is now a 60 and I think Muriela is like a 13.

:
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
DH lvled to 40 ish on a pvp server before transfering to a RP server where we're at now. On a rp server you have to flag yourself in order to pvp anywhere but bg's or arenas.
Interesting.

Dh and I both agreed the PvP server was much more fun for us. I love how you go running through a zone and come across a alliance player (I'm horde) who is much lower and you see them stop and back away slowly, watching you... wondering if you are going to kill them. Then they turn and run. Its priceless. (Then find yourself doing the same thing later, lol.)

And I hit 52 yesterday... yay!

(BTW, playing differently and having a different style of playing technique doesn't mean a person doesn't know how to play. And "retarded" is just plain offensive.)

Old 04-21-2008, 06:26 PM

Dh and I have been talking about the new Death Knights and WOTLK expansion and thinking that since Bliz is obviously already setting up the game for DKs to start in the 50's ( they haven't given a definitive level yet, but we are guessing 58 to go straight to Outland) that it's possible that they will open up all classes to start at the same level.

Reasons are that DK are already going to require you have at least 1 high level character to make them available. Although they haven't said the level yet. Everyone that has multiple 70s is probably going to want to try the new class. Which means a huge overload of DKs proportionately which will create problems for 5 mans while leveling and also in the BGs while leveling. I can easily see 90% DK in the 60 AV group for instance.

So I am wondering if they will make the decision to allow people with WOTLK and maybe a level 70 or 80 character to open up the ability to create new characters of all classes at the same level that DK starts? This would create more class balance while leveling up because a lot of our older mains are retired like my lock for instance.

Anyway I think it would be a good idea. Those of us with more than one 70 and probably a few 40-50 levelish alts have done the first generation content so much we don't really need to see it again
Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 PM

oooo I upgraded my video card and I'm getting excellent frame rates now. I actually saw 60fps in UC and 30ish in Shatt during peak hours with my video adjustments turned all the way up to high detail ect.

It looks awesome!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Dh and I have been talking about the new Death Knights and WOTLK expansion and thinking that since Bliz is obviously already setting up the game for DKs to start in the 50's ( they haven't given a definitive level yet, but we are guessing 58 to go straight to Outland) that it's possible that they will open up all classes to start at the same level.

Reasons are that DK are already going to require you have at least 1 high level character to make them available. Although they haven't said the level yet. Everyone that has multiple 70s is probably going to want to try the new class. Which means a huge overload of DKs proportionately which will create problems for 5 mans while leveling and also in the BGs while leveling. I can easily see 90% DK in the 60 AV group for instance.

So I am wondering if they will make the decision to allow people with WOTLK and maybe a level 70 or 80 character to open up the ability to create new characters of all classes at the same level that DK starts? This would create more class balance while leveling up because a lot of our older mains are retired like my lock for instance.

Anyway I think it would be a good idea. Those of us with more than one 70 and probably a few 40-50 levelish alts have done the first generation content so much we don't really need to see it again
As cool as that would be I doubt they'll do it. DK is a "hero" class and Ive heard you have to be either 70 or 80 (according to DH and his brother anyways) and then do some crazy quest before you can 'unlock' the DK. I never get my alts very high because I am TIRED of the same starting area quests and I've only been playing for about 15 months lol.

Instances and BG's are going to SUCK majorly once the rush of DK's come around that's for sure, I am not looking forward to it. Which is part of the reason why I'm trying to get my priest to 70...they're still gonna need healers right? hahaha
Old 04-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Last I heard the quest wasn't going to happen, you just get it as an option on your account once you meet the level qualifer but it's hard to know since it's still at least 7 months out. "hero class" doesn't mean anything. It's not better than any other class as they already confirmed.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

WOOT Finally some changes to Arena to slap down the people cheating by buying and selling ratings and using addons to trade wins.

From a Blue post by Drysc

"If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating."

This means that a player cannot join a highly rated team and begin earning points based purely on the pre-established rating of the team before they joined it. They'll need to compete, improve, and gain a personal rating worthy of the points they would receive.

"If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating."

This means that players cannot join a highly rated team and immediately face highly rated opponents, easily and quickly bringing their personal rating up. Instead they'll need to again compete, improve, and earn their rating.

It's about time!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Akama - Iztli 24 Dwarf Paladin

I just started playing again casually. Me and some friends from work have a guild called "Random Pickup Group"
Old 04-24-2008, 02:58 AM

Ok..Im finally getting into WoW.
Let me just say that im in love.

Im off to a slow start.

So far my fave is a (almost level 12) Night Elf Druid on Silvermoon. Im getting ready to go see "LunaClaw"

My Next is a Gnome Hunter on Runetotem and a Human Pally on Sisters of Elune.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM

So I finally got my priest to 39, I COULD go ding w/one Uldaman run but I'm trying to help DH catch his mage up to me so we can lvl together. And I just respeced holy, I had been shadow for lvling then looking at the talent trees, going holy would give me boosts to the spells I use most!

Has anyone else lvl'd a priest as holy instead of shadow? Is it sad my healing gear gives me more bonus dmg than my shadow gear did? LOL
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 PM

I had my priest speced holy till 66. Usually I was lvling with my dh who had a warrior. But then he decided to lvl a mage and so I was doing quests all by myself. And it is slow grinding with a holy priest, when you lvling by yourself. So I speced to shadow. As soon as I hit lvl 70 I've promised my guild I respec to holy as I'm one of two main healer's.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 05-01-2008, 02:12 AM

Woot! I was just getting ready to post a thread looking for other gamer mamas (knew there had to be at least one or two out there), and then I saw it... WoW Tribe 2008! /tauren dance right now

So my DH and I play, we have one solo each, and the rest are duo'd pairs that we never play seperately - our guildmates have gotten used to our response of "Not without Glug" or "Not without Faoil" if we're asked to go on runs, etc (unless it's to help out new low lvl guildies). Right now, BC is kicking our 'puters behinds... too much lag to be playable. However, our wedding present to each other is a pair of matching gaming rigs - with specs that would allow us to play BioShock or Crysis if we wanted. Mmmm, yummy new graphics card... and the processor to handle it.

Because of the choke point, which we encountered hardest in Zangarmarsh and Shattrath, our mains have hit a stopping point til the new puters are here. We're altoholics, too, so bear with me. I'll just list mine, unless someone wants to know his too.

Terenas server (US)
Faoiltearna - 62 troll rogue
Mushaseer - 33 tauren resto druid
Joyan - 26 tauren hunter
Oolaag - 15 troll priest
Arexia - 17 BE warlock
Kiristhal - 11 undead mage

Turalyon server (US)
Shaelynnas - 32 NE hunter
Balghurron - 17 dwarf priest
Chrysalyssa - 14 human warlock

That's it for now. Of course, our guildies on Terenas think it's more than enough. They just don't understand.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)

User Tag List