WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 1669 Old 06-15-2008, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! WoW! I have a 70 Druid Zaakana on Elune and a 70 Hunter Zakana also on Elune. I'm part of a guild called SOK - Sterling Order of Knights. I have no fear of ever becoming a guild leader or officer. I'm too quiet and not raiding enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

I think I have both lists updated to here, but I've probably missed someone or something so just let me know if I've missed you or a realm you're on. I also made the realm list alphabetical to make it easier to find the realm you're looking for.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#543 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 AM

Never mind. I found the answer to my own question. It was regarding accidentally throwing away a quest item.
#544 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 01:52 AM

Thanks for updating it... just to let you know my Isoldara priest is now lvl 70.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#545 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 02:21 AM

Updating here too, my little mage, Praedain has finally dinged 70! Woot!
My druid is 20, and my pally is now 15. I also created another alt, Rheannon,lvl 6 BE lock(maelstrom)

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#546 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

Updated you both.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#547 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 01:54 PM

Oooh, can you add my main character on Akama? Wrex is now a 64 Draenai Shaman.
#548 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 02:24 PM

Oh mines out of date now too.

Merrywind 70 nightelf druid (resto) - rexxar
Franetty 22 gnome rogue - rexxar
Preterite 16 gnome mage - rexxar

I deleted some other toons (hunter and priest) and pretty much play my druid nonstop.
#549 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 02:27 PM

You know what really sucks? Being a broke healer... getting your t4 legs... buying all the mats for golden Spellthread (some farmed, but still spendy)... finding someone to make it... applying to your legs and THEN an hour later... get t5 leggings. A serious "OMFG" moment. I now have about 5g in the bank after buying yet another round of mats for Spellthread. *sigh*

BTW, my update is:

Kamwyhin 70 Shaman (H) - Drak' Thul

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#550 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 02:45 PM

I switched into a raiding guild so I could actually see some of the end game stuff. Best move yet. While I really liked my last guild, which was a really family oriented guild, I like actually "doing" stuff and getting geared.

So, who else is playing as a "raider" currently? I'm a night owl and the guildies are as well so it works well. I can go raid after the kids are in bed and hit it hard.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#551 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 04:06 PM

We don't raid much with our guild but they are doing the big stuff... I never got a full set for either of my toons from Old world much less through the portal. I don't stay up late enough for our late night crew and the early night crew starts usually just before the kids go to bed. I'll never see Kara!
#552 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Can you add me too:

Avinka Lvl 54 Hunter on Turalyon

I am also starting to think about what I am going to do when I hit lvl 70. I have the feeling I will have to just do dailies and not raids. It is really hard for me to get on at night. I can really only get on when ds is napping during the morning or afternoon. I have a really hard time even now getting in groups to do instances. Which is a bit of a bummer in itself.

I was also thinking about making my first alt on Runetotem so I could join this group's guild. I am trying to decide if I want to play as a palladin or a druid though. Any advice?
#553 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post

I was also thinking about making my first alt on Runetotem so I could join this group's guild. I am trying to decide if I want to play as a palladin or a druid though. Any advice?
Paladins suck to level. Mine is stuck at 38, and I rerolled as a Shaman, it is so much easier. Druids ccan at least solo really well. Paladins don't die, but take forever to kill things.
#554 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 PM

yay. I thought I was the only one who played MMO's. Yet another perk of joining this forum! I Played Final Fantasy 11 online for about 3 years and recently switched to WoW although I have kind of put my gaming on hold since I just had my second baby 9 weeks ago. I hope to get back into it soon. I have a level 16 Warlock Blood Elf on the PvP Bonechewer server. I'm not opposed to starting a new char though and moving to a different server. I just need people to play with since I am still a noob!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#555 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Come join us on Runetotem, TexasMum. We have a few regulars and nearly 4 70's who are from here.

Yonit, pallies aren't too bad, so long as you go ret to level. Holy & prot are tough (so says my friend, the best pally I've met in the game). We have several druids, but only 2 that are high level atm.

I'll update the lists again as soon as I post this.

#556 of 1669 Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 PM

How cool that this is 28 pages.

I played WoW during alpha/beta and for the first 6 months or so that it was out. We just recently reactivated our accounts after playing EQ2 for a couple of years. Our old toons are on Hellscream and the new baby ones are on The Scryers. I'd list them but I never play the old one and am thinking of re-rolling the baby. I miss my mage, but our friends are on the new server.
#557 of 1669 Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 AM

I think I'm gonna start working on my toon on runetotem or make a new one to level on there during the days...well when I get to play during the days anymore!
#558 of 1669 Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 AM

Here's my updated list as well:

SeekingSleep
Irinea 70 Hunter (H) - Farstriders
Khati 52 Priest (H) - Farstriders
Kayleah 29 Rogue (H) - Farstriders
MeganBeth 22 Warlock (H) - Farstriders
Tanyc 10 Shaman (H) - Farstriders
Naryndia 16 Mage (H) - Farstriders
Imelia 12 Druid (A) - Farstriders
Madyn 6 Paladin (A) - Farstriders
Alesdeana 11 Paladin (H)- Farstriders
Madyn 4 Druid (A) - Runetotem
Faelosia 7 Paladin (H) Maelstrom

Whoops had my shammy down w/my husbands Name Tenkim :-P
#559 of 1669 Old 06-18-2008, 02:15 AM

Eyonix posted

Quote:
We’re currently planning to end the third Arena season and begin Arena Season 4 on June 24, 2008. This exciting Arena season will introduce the Brutal Gladiator set, and will also allow players to purchase Arena Season 2 items using the honor system. Please note that we will be resetting all Arena team and personal ratings. Players will still retain their Arena points and teams with this reset. The team and personal rating will simply be reset to the default 1500, allowing all teams to once again compete for top honors with a fresh start.

Also, approximately one week after the end of the third season, players on the top teams from each battlegroup will receive their end-of-season rewards. These include Arena-specific titles that they can display proudly until the end of the new season, and, for the best of the best, an Armored Nether Drake. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the Arena-specific title and/or Armored Nether Drake to refrain from transferring their character to another realm between the beginning of Season 4 and when these end-of-season rewards are physically awarded, otherwise they will become ineligible to receive either.
WOOT date for season 4
#560 of 1669 Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
Yay! WoW! I have a 70 Druid Zaakana on Elune and a 70 Hunter Zakana also on Elune. I'm part of a guild called SOK - Sterling Order of Knights. I have no fear of ever becoming a guild leader or officer. I'm too quiet and not raiding enough.
I went to their website and your guild sounds wonderful.

So, would it be okay if I created a toon on Elune just to join your guild?

I like the realm name, too, being overly fond of the night elves myself.

Update for Illidan (cause it's the one I mostly play)

Chandika ne druid 50
Puritylaike human lock 48
Pürity ne hunter 42
Dakodah draenei shaman 42
Azusena gnome mage 30
my dwarf hunter is level 40, but she's my other hunter's bank alt now.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#561 of 1669 Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi y'all,

I usually lurk here, but wanted to post to add myself to the list. I played on the European server Lothar for a long time, because BIL was the one who started playing WoW first and DH had his account there. I left my many toons, including a 70 druid and warlock, to start over this year on Greymane with DH. His brother has moved on from WoW to Guild Wars, and my parents play on Greymane!

Here's my list:

Bella Luna:

Bellalunia 70 Druid (A) - Greymane
Dariande 46 Hunter (A) - Greymane
Alyssandra 38 Mage (A) - Greymane
Aidanna 29 Paladin (A) - Greymane
#562 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Well, I went and created a draenei palladin named Pürity on Elune and have added both your names to my friend list. I hope I'll be able to join your guild.

I tried for the name Purity since it's easier to type, but that name was already taken.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#563 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Well, I went and created a draenei palladin named Pürity on Elune and have added both your names to my friend list. I hope I'll be able to join your guild.
That's funny. I also rolled a Draenei Palladin yesterday. LOL I made her on Runetotem to be in the MDC guild. Her name is SimchaK.
#564 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Ok, my partner plays WOW nonstop, and he is begging forever for me to create a character and have him to teach me to play. I don't have the slightest clue about the game. I guess I wanted to know a little about it, maybe why you play, a little background on like characters (different types, what your characters are) why you find it fun? What is a guild? Do you guys play with each other on it? Do you have a group or something...thanks and sorry for my clueless-ness, I've just NEVER played a computer game before or any kind of game like this....Closest I've come is Mario Brothers!
#565 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 06:21 PM

My DP got me into WoW. At first, I didn't like it (probably because the computer I used to have wasn't all that great and the jerkiness made my head hurt), but I like it now that I have a better computer. I have a lvl 18 human mage and a lvl 11 night elf druid. There are two factions in the game: Horde and Alliance. The horde are the "bad guys" and the alliance are the "good guys". Both of my characters are Alliance characters.

I think it's fun because it's a goal-oriented game but, unlike most RPGs that involve quests, you can get off the beaten path. You don't have a clear-cut goal like save the princess (ala Zelda) or save the world, you can do quests in any order, or not do any quests. You can be in a group or solo. You have a lot more choices available to you than in a regular RPG (role playing game) where you're put into a character and have to stay in that character and have to do things in a certain order to ultimately defeat a huge boss at the end and save the world. I also like that you can communicate with other people and collaborate with them to do things, like quests. Because of this, it's referred to as an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game).

A guild is a large group of players. You can form groups between players without being in a guild, but they often get disbanded after a quest. A guild is essentially a group that you can join when in the game.

If you want to find out more about WoW, I'd suggest that you should type "WoW wikipedia" into Google. WoW also has its own Wiki because it's so huge. It's called WoW Wiki. That should get you started.
#566 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channelle View Post
Ok, my partner plays WOW nonstop, and he is begging forever for me to create a character and have him to teach me to play. I don't have the slightest clue about the game. I guess I wanted to know a little about it, maybe why you play, a little background on like characters (different types, what your characters are) why you find it fun? What is a guild? Do you guys play with each other on it? Do you have a group or something...thanks and sorry for my clueless-ness, I've just NEVER played a computer game before or any kind of game like this....Closest I've come is Mario Brothers!
My DH got me hooked on Wow, I LOVE it now! I was a gamer before hand though, but only with Sims Online and then Ultima Online. There are two main factions the Alliance (humans, gnomes, dwarves, dranei (space goats), and Night Elves) and Horde (Orcs, Tauren, Undead, Blood Elves, and Trolls). I play mainly hordeside because that's where I started out and I love it for the most part.

I have tried every character out there and I like my hunter the best, though right now I'm sucking it up and leveling a priest, soooo not easy after playing a hunter!
#567 of 1669 Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM

My dh also got me playing it. I was not a gamer before, in fact I think the only computer games I had played before was solitaire and tetris. It took 1.5 yrs for dh to finally get me convinced and well the first day I was hooked. My first character I started was an alliance human priest and my dh started an alliance human warrior. The two combined make a really good team (they are horrible when you have to solo them though). I enjoy playing because its time that I can spend with dh doing something together in the evening. His father plays, and his brother and nephew. So I like WOW for the social aspect of it. I've met some really neat people that I've gamed with. I think if the social aspect of the game wasn't there I would not enjoy it so much. And I also like how the game doesn't have a clear end. I've been lvl 70 for a month or so now and the game is really just starting. I'm having to make gear and do quests to get the kara key so I can do kara so then I can get better gear to do heroics, and it just seems to go on and on. And then with the WOLK coming out soon. Lets just say for me the game still has a lot of playing time left on it. (at least for me and my maybe 1-2 hrs a day)

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#568 of 1669 Old 06-20-2008, 05:58 AM

I finally went on my first Deadmines run. It's a pretty scary place, I'd have to say (keep in mind that I'm only lvl 18). I'm starting to get used to fighting more than one enemy at a time but when I have more than one or two people attacking me at once, I completely zone out and don't do anything. It's like, "Umm, okay, who do I attack first? Which spell should I use? Should I just run away?" It's really frustrating. Did anyone else have this problem when they were first starting out? How did you get over it?
#569 of 1669 Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM

WOOT Midsummer Fire Festival is back with a new Slave Pens boss ( IIRC from PTR it's a cloak reward) similar to the Headless Horseman one from Hallows End event where we got rings.
#570 of 1669 Old 06-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acannon View Post
I finally went on my first Deadmines run. It's a pretty scary place, I'd have to say (keep in mind that I'm only lvl 18). I'm starting to get used to fighting more than one enemy at a time but when I have more than one or two people attacking me at once, I completely zone out and don't do anything. It's like, "Umm, okay, who do I attack first? Which spell should I use? Should I just run away?" It's really frustrating. Did anyone else have this problem when they were first starting out? How did you get over it?
I had the worst anxiety in instances. It was like overload, I panicked when a group came running at me. As I got higher in level and understood better the strengths and weaknesses of my character and just plain old got used to it, it got easier.

If you have a solid group who you can run through it with a couple of times, try it again! If you're not focused on quests you can just check things out, note the bosses and what things they can do against you so you can better prepare when you get to that boss (like Mr. Smythe or whatever that big guy's name is who stuns everyone and goes to his chest near the boat, or mobs that run away and get help when they're low on health, etc.).

I'm 70 and in instances I've never been in (of which there are many!), I get anxious, still. I also find that because I'm not well geared I'm very self conscious and never go into instances with people I don't know. I hate people barking orders at me of what buff to use or how to play my character just because they're die hard WoW crack addicts who have nothing better to do. I'm 31, I'm a mom and a wife and I have a lot to do - I play to have fun and that just makes it so not-fun! Consequently I have tons of instances to do for quests and never get in there to do them. The baby makes instances hard too, for now.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page