WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 1669 Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks so much for looking for us but our cable was shut off *blush* we'll be back in a month or two.

(I'm on my blackberry)

Mom to DD 14 and DS 12
#662 of 1669 Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM

I think I posted a while back, but I'm not sure.

I have a 53 UD mage on Hellscream that I haven't played in two or more years. (took a vacation with EQ2) Some friends got DH and I back to WoW and now I have a 20 gnome mage on The Scryers. (Kadlin) I hate alliance, but that is where DH's friends are playing. I secretly rolled another mage so I can relearn how to play one while I slowly convince DH's friends that Horde is better. So that is my evil plan. Feel free to look me up if you're bored.
#663 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Pancakes I love your plan

mmo champion has WOTLK talent trees. I was looking over death knight and I think I'm going unholy.
#664 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 10:58 AM

I forgot it was Tuesday and tried to log on, and got the patch - although the site isn't up yet. The patch does include the lvl 30 mount. :

I have been trying to get a group together for Blood Furnace for a few days and haven't been able to. I think I am going to have to give up and just move on. I have finished the rest of Hellfire Peninsula and have done the ramps a few times.
#665 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post
I forgot it was Tuesday and tried to log on, and got the patch - although the site isn't up yet. The patch does include the lvl 30 mount. :
Oh sure, now that my Elune Pally is level 38,...

But wait, my gnome mage on Illidan is still at 29.5
now if only they had money...

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#666 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 04:10 PM

My shammie needs a mount!
#667 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 04:51 PM

Anyone else PvPing heavily at 70? I picked up my Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver last night and ran into AV to check it out, got slaughtered over and over again and kept missing stormstrikes. I forgot I haven't used Axes since level 25 or so, my skill was 125. lol:
#668 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercedboy View Post
Anyone else PvPing heavily at 70? I picked up my Merciless Gladiator's Cleaver last night and ran into AV to check it out, got slaughtered over and over again and kept missing stormstrikes. I forgot I haven't used Axes since level 25 or so, my skill was 125. lol:

I arena a lot. Working on my s4 stuff right now.
#669 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 PM

I just got my first arena points today. I'm going with a friend from work, so we have a not quite optimal team of an enhancement Shaman and a SL/SL Warlock. We are at 3 wins for 14 games, but haven't picked up much gear so far, so I don't feel too bad. We won our last two games last night.
#670 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 PM

WOOT!!
Due to an impatient eager-beaver druid and an irritated paladin, I was in a 4man group that actually downed Warpsplinter(last boss in Botanica). Ok, not a huge deal, but when your gear if kinda okay/not great, its pretty much a sweet deal :
oh and I got the fragment for the arc key, so I'm really happy
Anyone else really irritated with questhelper? I feel like I'm running blind without it. Sigh..I'll have to actually READ my quests again.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#671 of 1669 Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM

There was a new "alpha" of the 2.4.3 questhelper just posted. You can find it at the bottom of this page.

http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/quest-helper/
#672 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 02:11 AM

OMG the titan bar bug is SO annoying! It shows you have an open ticket adn are unable to close it. Off to install the update.

Recount... sigh... no updates yet.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#673 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piercedboy View Post
There was a new "alpha" of the 2.4.3 questhelper just posted. You can find it at the bottom of this page.

http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/quest-helper/
Thanks!! Unfortunately I did install it and it is still not working....
#674 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Anyone else really irritated with quest helper? I feel like I'm running blind without it. Sigh..I'll have to actually READ my quests again.
What do you mean? I logged on for a bit yesterday on Illidan and my quest helper was working just fine... Although, all I did was turn in a couple quests to level my gnome mage to 30 and went and got her a blue mechanostrider....
But my quest helper was working just fine.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#675 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 03:04 PM

Oh, my patch wouldn't even download
It said unable to find the Wow files and my blizzard repair asked me if I wanted to check for problems, or reset. So first I chose check, it said it was all fine, so I tried to download the patch, same thing happened, so I had to reset everything... this automatically removes all downloaded addons and resets all personalized settings in game.
Then after it downloaded, I had to change all my settings.

#676 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM

O.K.
I just ran my WowMatrix addons check and sure enough, pet emote, quest helper and quest history is offline. However, my quest guru que level is still up and running.

#677 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM

I didn't have any problems with the quest helper alpha last night, worked like a charm. I did run WoWAceupdater though, which might have updated Cartographer as well.
#678 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 06:42 PM

The only add ons I have right now are Auctioneer and CosmosUI, neither of which I've updated since the patch but I am not sure I need to, things seem to be functioning.

What are your favorite addons? How do they help you play your toon? I'm always willing to try new things.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#679 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 PM

My favorite are quest helper, less time thinking, more time playing...
Informant, tells me what everything will sell for,
suki's map coords,
petemote,
fubar with fuAEmotes, fudps, fudurability, fumoney, fubank. and futopscores,
Enchantrix, if you have an enchanter,
and Vendor bait - highlights which quest reward will sell for the most. is handy when none can be used by you.
oh, and group calendar... if for nothing else, it shows a clock instead of the sun/moon on the minimap, so I can know the time when I play... it also is handy for guilds who run instances together and want to schedule them so everyone can make it.

#680 of 1669 Old 07-16-2008, 11:23 PM

I have a couple I couldn't live without:

Titan Bar - Just a handy bar with gold, bagspace, durability, etc.

X-Perl - The standard character frames jsut don't have enough information

Quartz - Cast bars that show lag are great, I can start moving a bit earlier because I know that with lag I'll mount anyway

Deadly Boss Mods - I don't use this for Bosses, but its nice to know when towers will fall in AV.

Those are the majority of what I use right now.
#681 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM

After a year long break I finally have a computer at home and internet again! I will be able to log back onto WoW tonight and I am sooo excited!

What have I missed in a year? lol I just saw you can get mounts at level 30 now? What is that all about? lol

I have a level 57 NE Rogue on Zangarmarsh... not sure if I'm keeping her yet or not... after a 1+ I may not remember to play so well and might just start over... I still have all her gold though which I am totally pysched about!!!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#682 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM

Piercedboy, tell me more about Xperl, please.

#683 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post

After a year long break I finally have a computer at home and internet again! I will be able to log back onto WoW tonight and I am sooo excited!

What have I missed in a year? lol I just saw you can get mounts at level 30 now? What is that all about? lol

I have a level 57 NE Rogue on Zangarmarsh... not sure if I'm keeping her yet or not... after a 1+ I may not remember to play so well and might just start over... I still have all her gold though which I am totally pysched about!!!
WTH? Mounts at 30 say what? Now that annoys me. I have not heard this. I just got back on after a four month break...feels like forever. Although I am approaching lvling a holy priest on a pvp server with a lot more zen-like composure. Towards the end there I was really losing it. I think that had everything to do with early pg hormones though.

*Sigh* I love WoW. Anyone here breastfeed and WoW at the same time? Because that is my master plan right now...WOTLK comes out Oct 27th and I'm due Oct 30th-Nov 3rd. It was the first time I briefly wished I was NOT pg. lol.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#684 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 04:33 PM

I thought I just saw that somehwere... but I could be confused. lol

You will have to let us know how breastfeeding and WoW goes... cause I definitely had the thought last night. lol

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#685 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
Piercedboy, tell me more about Xperl, please.

X-Perl replaces your character, target, and group frames with more customizable easy to read ones. It also shows buffs in an eaiser to see manner, and has customizable raid frames.

Here is a link to a picture.

And here is where I got it:

wow.curse.com
#686 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdymom View Post
WTH? Mounts at 30 say what? Now that annoys me. I have not heard this. I just got back on after a four month break...feels like forever. Although I am approaching lvling a holy priest on a pvp server with a lot more zen-like composure. Towards the end there I was really losing it. I think that had everything to do with early pg hormones though.

*Sigh* I love WoW. Anyone here breastfeed and WoW at the same time? Because that is my master plan right now...WOTLK comes out Oct 27th and I'm due Oct 30th-Nov 3rd. It was the first time I briefly wished I was NOT pg. lol.
lvl 30 mounts annoy me too, esp. since they are so much cheaper. i think we should all get refunds!!

And yup I've nak-wow'd many times hahaha I just prop the laptop up on the arm of the couch and go at it.
#687 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSleep View Post
lvl 30 mounts annoy me too, esp. since they are so much cheaper. i think we should all get refunds!!

And yup I've nak-wow'd many times hahaha I just prop the laptop up on the arm of the couch and go at it.
Awesome. I was planning on bfing in a sling (once we get the hang of it) and sitting at my desk. Warcraft runs really poorly on our ancient Vaio, so I don't think I could do that.

I am so glad that I am not the only one who had this plan.

><> I'm a Christian, knitting, sewing, cooking SAHM to the fearless adventurer Jack born 11/08, and  a  USCG wife
And we are joyfully awaiting a new addition in April 2011! <><
#688 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM

Why would anyone be annoyed at level 30 mounts? I've seen all the whining and crying over it for weeks on the WoW forums and I still don't get it.
#689 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 06:08 PM

cause when i got my mounts i had to walk up hill in the snow both ways with no shoes and no mage water..... etc etc

(not rolling my eyes at MDC people, just all the whining on the forums regarding anyone getting something that someone else had and the ensuing cry-fest)
#690 of 1669 Old 07-17-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +stella+ View Post
cause when i got my mounts i had to walk up hill in the snow both ways with no shoes and no mage water..... etc etc

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page