WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As Jenivere said, this kind of thing happens sometimes, sadly. It could have happened to any of us. Honestly, I feel worse for how much you and your son have lost thanks to this person. It really doesn't sound like a gold farmer, though. I would think one of them would have just taken the money, vendored the stuff, & run. Putting up auctions & running instances sounds like they were at least thinking of keeping your account as long as they could get away with.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#782 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 01:38 AM

I'm so sorry Zan. That royally sucks!! Don't worry about the guild bank! I know I dont care, if I ever find the time to get back on.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#783 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Thanks guys.

As far as I know, nobody got access to my cc's. I was concerened that because they had access to my email that they would be able to access my cc's due to statemtents, etc I have there.

I need a scan for keylogger program - anyone know of a good, free one?

Thanks!

:
#784 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 05:03 PM

Zan, I'm sorry that happened to you and your son. That's terrible.
I'm glad your toons have most of their stuff back even though it must have taken forever to sort things out.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#785 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 06:18 PM

ad-aware

Oh and here is the link to the Blizz site that discussed keyloggers ect
#786 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBlue View Post
Now, get your toons lvl'd! You have 1 week to hit 70 or we will block your bank access and kick you from the guild. If you are a nursing mom, you'll be sitting a lot so you have 4 days, rather than 7. (KIDDING!!!!!)
:rofl Thanks for the rundown of the rules, I appreciate it! I am so bad... I have picked up my roommates habit. He calls himself an alt-aholic. He has been playing for 2 years and his highest toon is 54 (he's going for that 55 death knight now). I am still playing Beastmama but alternating with a new character, Hotfudge, a lvl 14 warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenivere View Post
I'm sure DFB will post in a bit. Her account was hacked and she lost everything on every toon and they deleted most of her toons and her friends list on Zandraia. They also wiped out our guild bank. Please don't touch the guild bank until this has been straightened out. She was told we should be able to get it all back.
That's horrible!! This is why I sometimes think all people suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyBlue View Post
The email came at 2:52 am, I logged on to email at 8:30. In six hours they did a lot of damage. I cannot believe the damage that was done...

Again, to all my guildies, I am so sorry...

"Nightmare" is right! Don't feel bad, it certainly wasn't your fault! Stuff like this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonit View Post
My toon on runetotem doesn't have much yet to give - as she is only level 20. Wish I could do more...
Hey, my hunter is lvl 21. You could play with me sometime! She's Beastmama, a hunter who has been hanging out in the wetlands lately... I tend to play in the late evening, 10-midnightish CST.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#787 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 07:27 PM

Some key loggers / gold spammers get priest chars and take them to shadowlab and run third party software over and over to warp around and solo shadowlab for cash, cash drops and to DE things to make more cash, so it could have been one of those. and the good news is if bliz sees them using third party software while the account was out of your hands they wont ban you for it like they normally would. anyway, here is another good scan program

http://free.avg.com/
#788 of 1669 Old 08-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Sorellan - 68 Gnome Rogue Malygos
Lef - 40 Human Paladin Malygos
Leranna - 27 Human Mage Malygos
Akashe - 24 Night Elf Priest Malygos
Illari - 23 Draenei Hunter Malygos

I play with my fiance, we have matching pairs of characters so we're never alone and bored.
#789 of 1669 Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 PM

Hello

It's been a while since I last posted here. I had originally intended to level a warrior on runetotem, and she's still like lvl 5 or something lol...

SO... I think I'm going to transfer my 70 pally tank to Runetotem instead... if you guys have room for a pally tank, that is.

Really really sorry to hear about the hacker drama. My old guild on the Bloodhoof server went through something similar, only it was the ex-cofounder that decided to rob the bank and /gquit. Ugh...
#790 of 1669 Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the advice about my character. I've done a couple more upgrades and I'm feeling pretty good about her.

I'm sorry to hear about everything DFB, that really sucks! Have you received anything else back yet? I wish I was on the same server. I have tons of cloth and all that that I never use.
#791 of 1669 Old 08-05-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
:rofl Thanks for the rundown of the rules, I appreciate it! I am so bad... I have picked up my roommates habit. He calls himself an alt-aholic. He has been playing for 2 years and his highest toon is 54 (he's going for that 55 death knight now). I am still playing Beastmama but alternating with a new character, Hotfudge, a lvl 14 warrior.
You guys sound like me! I've been missing from Runetotem lately because I got tired of playing for nearly 3 years and still not having a 60. I DO, however, have roughly 20+ toons on 5 servers somewhere between 20 and 50. And no, I am NOT exaggerating.

I took my highest level toon, a 54 Draenai Hunter, and just got him to 60! Finally! Luckily, it was one of the servers that I played the AH a little, so I had the cash for the epic mount! :-D

Of course, now they are going to raise the level cap to 80 soon...

I've burned through all my hunter's rest xp, so I'll start hanging on Runetotem again.
#792 of 1669 Old 08-05-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +stella+ View Post
Some key loggers / gold spammers get priest chars and take them to shadowlab and run third party software over and over to warp around and solo shadowlab for cash, cash drops and to DE things to make more cash, so it could have been one of those. and the good news is if bliz sees them using third party software while the account was out of your hands they wont ban you for it like they normally would. anyway, here is another good scan program

http://free.avg.com/
I just don't get it. How can account hacking possibly be profitable? Bliz must keep transaction logs! Why can't they just say "look, he/she sharded everything, sold them for this much, and mailed it to these accounts. Let's ban those accounts and reset the toon and the bank items." I mean, it's all in the same freaking database! It isn't like they wired the money to a Swiss bank account! How can they not take the money back every single time within 5 minutes of being notified? It just floors me.

If I had a money printing machine like Bliz does, I'd keep it as well-oiled as possible.
#793 of 1669 Old 08-05-2008, 12:04 PM

Just wanted to update.

I received an email from Blizz yesterday saying that the investigation was closed, the rest of my things and money would be returned.

I logged into wow and I had mail with the final returns.

I'm bummed as I did not get my sons clefthide armor back lost a few farmable rep items, but I'm not going to quibble.

I got rid of Norton, installed a new virus/spyware program. So far everything is looking good.

Buddha- get yer hiney back over to runetotem- I've got little toons I'll run around with you! My priest is stuck at 17 over in draeni land. I think she's getting mad at me... I keep getting texts from her telling me that if I don't log in and play her she has a special enchant just for me... Not sure what she means by that, but I don't want to take any chances.....

:
#794 of 1669 Old 08-05-2008, 12:42 PM

It's about time. Sorry he didn't get everything back but I'm glad most everything is back in order.

My 70 will be glad to have more 70's, it raises her chances of getting to run more dungeons. She is getting very bored with doing all the repeatable quests. At Zan's encouragement she is now running some BG's for the first time ever and rather liking it. Perhaps she will soon have enough honor to pick up some decent purple items.

:
#795 of 1669 Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 PM

Just got the recruit a friend update... Sweet! hmmm... who can I recruit? lol

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#796 of 1669 Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine233 View Post
Right?! I wish they had been doing that when roomie "recruited" me.

#797 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM

oo the olympic tabard is pretty cute and so is the Chinese dragon pet!
#798 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
My husband has been 'bored' with wow so he cancelled his main acct and was going to 'start fresh' for a couple of months. So I had him use the recruit a friend thing. The leveling together is insane we share 3x XP its awesome! And every 2 levels I switch from my warrior to my paladin and he grants her a level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
How do you get them? I haven't logged on yet today, I guess I should!!
#799 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingSleep View Post
How do you get them? I haven't logged on yet today, I guess I should!!
If you win a BG you get the tabard... and every time you win a BG you get a chance at getting the dragon pet. (gold medallion) They get mailed to you.

I thought the tabard was ugly, but the dragon pet is cute.

#800 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
If you win a BG you get the tabard... and every time you win a BG you get a chance at getting the dragon pet. (gold medallion) They get mailed to you.

I thought the tabard was ugly, but the dragon pet is cute.
So you can get the dragon without being on a Chinese server? From what I'd read (avid pet collector here), they were only available on Chinese servers. Hmmm... may have to consider a BG or two.

Laura wife to Dan , BFing Babywearing RadicalUSing SAHM to my free range kid Craig (12/20/93) and eventual free range kid Danny (8/26/08)
#801 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 02:24 PM

I got both when I won my BG, I only played on BG today. I'm not a Chinese server.
#802 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeingoldMomma View Post
So you can get the dragon without being on a Chinese server? From what I'd read (avid pet collector here), they were only available on Chinese servers. Hmmm... may have to consider a BG or two.
They were available on EU servers first but at midnight (server time) last night they became available on US servers.

I only had to win 4 games before I got my pet.

#803 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 06:35 PM

I've been bg'ing on and off all day. Got the tabard right off but no pet.

:
#804 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Went into WSG (level 55) to do the daily, we won, got out and I had mail; I had the tabard AND the pet! Woot! My husband was ticked because he went in multiple times trying to get it and didn't.. hehe

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#805 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 PM

I hate BG's (don't like PvP) but I had to give it a try. We won! Yay! Got the tabard... nice. I'm going to try again and see if I can get the pet.
#806 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 PM

I got my tabard on a loosing bg.. Took me 4 loosing wsgs and 3 winning avs to get my dragon...now to do it on my other toons.
#807 of 1669 Old 08-08-2008, 11:53 PM

yay! Won a second BG and got my dragon. Whooo!
#808 of 1669 Old 08-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I agree. I like the colors of the tabard, too.

I did my first bg on Elune yesterday (of course I've done bgs on Illidan before with my characteres there, but it was my first on Elune).

I just hit level 51 the day before, so there was a dwarf outside the IF bank telling me to talk to a Lieutenant outside Alterac Valley. So that is where I went and picked up several quests for it on my way in. Alterac Valley was completely new for me as I'd never had a character hit level 51 before.

I lost the first two, and had mail after the first. All you have to do is participate in a bg and you get the tabard in the mail. I then went on to win the next two bgs and forgot to even look if I had mail after my 1st winning bg. I was having a lot of fun, after all. So I'm not sure if I won the gold medallion after my first win, or my second. The website and SOK forum said there was a 1 in 5 chance of winning the dragon pet every time you WIN a bg. I know someone who told me he had to win 8 before he won his pet. I guess I was lucky.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#809 of 1669 Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Ooohhh, I want a dragon! I will have to do some BGs tonight!

#810 of 1669 Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 PM

I got my dragon for my main. It's cute.

I've been doing random runs with a friend and his buddies. They've taken me to Kara a few times, MT and yesterday ZG. It's been fun to go but do I feel very old... All the boys (youngish teens) call me mom or granny. LOL

I've been working on my baby toons as well. My mage is now lvl 14 and has done WSG a few times. Well, she mostly dies there, but it's still cool.

Good to see some of you back on Runetotem!

/wave

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page