WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1669 Old 02-04-2008, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, Iso is Alliance. I do have a couple of Horde characters but the ones I listed are the ones I try to play when I'm on, which I never am, but thats besides the point right now.

DH was telling me last night that in our veknilash guild that someone stole a whole bunch of items from the guild bank and was selling them on the AH. Obviously he got kicked out of the guild. The nerve of some people!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#62 of 1669 Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

we had the same problem in our guild, so its now set to deposit only and you have to request items from officers.

Its actually pretty annoying to have to stop what I'm doing to go fetch things out of the bank for people, but it has stopped the theft and AH selling. One guy took a ton of primals and had them on AH, he was in his 30's, no need for primals at all! :
#63 of 1669 Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Luckily we've never had problems with stealing from the bank. Probably because most of the guild have been together for over 1 1/2 years. When our gm found out about the glitch that was allowing people who had been officers in other guilds to have officer status on the bank in new guilds, we stopped allowing new members, other than alts, who have to be invited by the gm. A few guilds on KT got really ripped off because of that glitch.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#64 of 1669 Old 02-04-2008, 05:17 PM

When you get the chance can you post a link of me when I was still on the gryphon?

If we ever take more from the bank then we should please say something. We are trying to be moderate in what we take and only take what we can personally use right then or within a lvl but we don't really know what is to much.

:
#65 of 1669 Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 AM

WOOHOO anyone read this regarding Blizzards lawsuit against a gold selling and power leveling company?

http://virtuallyblind.com/2008/02/01...rd-injunction/

Blizzard’s lawsuit against virtual item and power-leveling company In Game Dollar (doing business as Peons4Hire) has settled, resulting in a permanent injunction (.pdf) that essentially shuts down In Game Dollar’s entire World of Warcraft operation. Though no monetary damages are specified, the injunction represents a complete victory for Blizzard. The news is likely to be well received by the World of Warcraft player community, which voiced widespread support for Blizzard’s move when the lawsuit was filed.

Blizzard brought the lawsuit against In Game Dollar in the Federal District Court for the Central District of California last May. The Complaint alleged that In Game Dollar violated World of Warcraft’s Terms of Use and End User License Agreement by spamming chat in World of Warcraft with advertising. This, Blizzard alleged, diminished players’ game experience and cost Blizzard subscribers, bandwidth, employee time, and ultimately, revenue.

Blizzard claimed six causes of action, including violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, interference with contract, and trespass to chattels.

Peons4Hire was not the largest virtual property dealer in World of Warcraft, but it was well known for aggressive in-game marketing via chat spam. The lawsuit could be seen as a shot across the bow of larger sellers.

The key provision of the injunction specifically prohibits In Game Dollar from “engaging in the sale of World of Warcraft® virtual assets or power leveling services.” In Game Dollar is also permanently enjoined from:

Bag of LootMaking any use of the World of Warcraft® in-game communication or chat system to advertise any website, business, or commercial endeavor, including any business associated with In Game Dollar, LLC or www.peons4hire.com.

Sending messages to the World of Warcraft® servers, the World of Warcraft® in-game communication or chat system or any other computer used by Blizzard in connection with the World of Warcraft® game, if such messages mention or advertise the website www.peons4hire.com, In Game Dollar LLC or any other commercial endeavor.

Making any unauthorized use, or obtaining any unauthorized access to Blizzard’s computer systems or network.

The injunction also prohibits In Game Dollar from investing in a new operation doing any of the enjoined acts, and authorizes the court to award damages in the event that the company violates any of the terms. Essentially, the injunction puts In game Dollar out of the World of Warcraft virtual item and power-leveling business. The Peons4Hire website is down.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard has taken what is arguably the most aggressive legal stance in the industry against gold farmers, chat spammers, third-party bot providers, and others who violate World of Warcraft’s Terms of Use and End User License Agreement. The company’s actions have been widely praised both by players and by commentators who follow legal issues in games and virtual worlds. Blizzard was represented in this lawsuit by Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP.

The injunction is part of a settlement, so it does not carry the precedential weight that a decision on the merits would carry. However, it joins last year’s default and consent judgments resulting from intellectual property claims in Second Life as yet another example of a court entering a judgment regarding virtual property (here, “virtual assets”) without comment or apparent concern regarding the subject matter of the agreement. For those watching this space, it represents another small step toward recognition of virtual property.

The Court retains jurisdiction for the purposes of enforcing the injunction, but the case is otherwise concluded.

1 down, who knows how many to go! It's about time though. Great news.
#66 of 1669 Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 AM

Thank God, I was getting sick of getting their whispers, letters, and general /say spam in every city. Even more irritating was when I was LFG and would get an invite, I'd accept and its some lvl 1 character with a raid group spamming his little Ad a few times a second, eeeek gads.

Hopefully seeing Blizzard take one gold seller out will make the others take notice...but I think they make far too much money to care until the paperwork for a lawsuit is in their hands.

I find it fairly easy to make gold myself with the daily quests, its about 100g a pop for about 45 minutes worth of time, but lately I've been slacking off since I'm pretty bored of the game right now. My guild is done with Kara to the point we're sick of it, ZA is still too difficult between gear discrepancies, alts, and people in different time zones. I'm sometimes temted to look into a bigger guild for 25 man raids, but it seems everyone already has their decked out feral druid tank and thats my main joy in the game.

I did the pvp grind for a few weeks and have 4/5 of the season one stuff I could buy with honor, and I've been too lazy to get the rest of the honor for the weapon, I have the tokens already.

Until some new content comes out thats for 5-10 people or solo play I'm just sitting in skettis to log in once in a while to fish, herb, and kill elite trees. May as well stock up while its slow.
#67 of 1669 Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenivere View Post
When you get the chance can you post a link of me when I was still on the gryphon?
I took a few screenshots, but this one I zoomed in a bit for.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...adra_gryph.jpg

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#68 of 1669 Old 02-06-2008, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh great! I'm glad Blizz won
#69 of 1669 Old 02-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Yey! Those guys annoyed the crap out of me. I ended up baiting a ton of them so I could report them.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#70 of 1669 Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 PM

Woot! 70 on my rogue. finally. Took me a year
#71 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 12:28 AM

WOOT! 2.4 PTR is up. Patch notes can be found here

New dungeon and more dailies FTW!
#72 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 10:16 AM

I guess my other post was not enough :P Can I be added to the first post please?

Arinariana, 70, The Scryers, Horde
Evelila, 41, The Scryers, Horde

Thanks

I was looking over the 2.4 notes that Ard posted and am kinda bummed. My lock is a tailor and there is not much for her or cloth non-healers. Bleh, whatevah. Also I think its awesome Blizz won the suit. I was so sick of that spamming crap whenever I went to Org.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#73 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 PM

dumb priest question #9,565,345,221:

why does casting power word: fortitude take away some of the friendly target's health? and is it my imagination, or does it not take as much health from a party member versus some random person that you buff? Or does it depend on what class you're buffing? Has anyone been killed by a priest trying to help by casting that? I swear I almost zapped a low level player to 0 on accident - had to heal real quick!
#74 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
dumb priest question #9,565,345,221:

why does casting power word: fortitude take away some of the friendly target's health? and is it my imagination, or does it not take as much health from a party member versus some random person that you buff? Or does it depend on what class you're buffing? Has anyone been killed by a priest trying to help by casting that? I swear I almost zapped a low level player to 0 on accident - had to heal real quick!
It doesn't take away health.

What you're seeing is an increase in the maximum health. If a player starts off at full health and you cast Power Word: Fortitude rank 1, you effectively raise their stamina by 3 points. Each point of stamina equates to 10 additional hit points (30 hit points total). It can just take a minute for the gap to fill in.
#75 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 04:31 PM

OHH! Thank you Nika.
Told you it was a dumb question
#76 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Can a guy join MsAdventure? I don't think I've posted since page 33 of the last thread, but I've been hanging out here for a while! :-)
#77 of 1669 Old 02-10-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Absolutely! A few of the dh's have joined us & even one of my guy friends from my home realm.

#78 of 1669 Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
OHH! Thank you Nika.
No problem, mama
#79 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 05:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've been doing the BG grind on my belf pally to get decent gear so that I can do the instances. I was trying to do the lower level ones, but it was hard to get good groups and there just weren't enough in the way of drops or rewards. So I am getting the season one arena gear so I can actually do some of the higher level instances, maybe even heroics one day. I have my shoulders, gloves and a cloak. I want to get my leggings next.

I am in the Emberstorm battlegroup, so I end up in groups with players from Tortheldrin a lot, and I know some of you are there. Maybe I've fought against or with some of you at some point.

Today I did something I had never tried. I had like almost no mana and health and I was fighting a warrior. As a holy pally, honestly, a warrior is about all I can kill on my own. I had to heal numerous times, but between my consecration and holy shock and stun, I got him down almost to 0, but couldn't quite get those last few points away because one of the darn elite NPC's in Stormpike in AV was beating on me. So I did a Lay on Hands to myself. Wow, that was handy! I killed the warrior, and I ran away from the elite.
#80 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 11:48 AM

servers are down.

i have so much i can do today too, need 100 more g for epic flying mount quest, need to farm aldor marks of sargaras, and kiddo is ignoring me in his world of trains.

isnt that always the way...
#81 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmama View Post

I was looking over the 2.4 notes that Ard posted and am kinda bummed. My lock is a tailor and there is not much for her or cloth non-healers. Bleh, whatevah. Also I think its awesome Blizz won the suit. I was so sick of that spamming crap whenever I went to Org.
Is your lock fire or shadow mostly? there is frozen shadow weave and um, spellfire sets? have you see those?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spellfire_Tailoring
http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadoweave_Tailoring

if youre not 70 yet it something to look forward to as a tailor anyway. hth
#82 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +stella+ View Post
Is your lock fire or shadow mostly? there is frozen shadow weave and um, spellfire sets? have you see those?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spellfire_Tailoring
http://www.wowwiki.com/Shadoweave_Tailoring

if youre not 70 yet it something to look forward to as a tailor anyway. hth
Yep, my lock is a shadow-tailor. She has the shoulders and boots, and is working on the robe. I am seriously considering getting the arena 3 gear and switching to JC, instead. We'll see though.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#83 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I am in the Emberstorm battlegroup, so I end up in groups with players from Tortheldrin a lot, and I know some of you are there. Maybe I've fought against or with some of you at some point.
Are you on the horde or alliance side? I do a lot of BG during the day when my DH is at work, to try and catch up to him in gear, I quit for a while and he kept playing, so he is much better equipped than me.

I'm on horde side, btw
#84 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Ahem..

It has come to my attention that some of you who have made toons on Runetotem have not been logging in and playing.

This is a huge travesty!

Your poor little toons are languishing from neglect. They miss you. They miss going out on quests. They miss killing beasties.

They need your time and attention and you are failing them.

Please log in, please save them from a life filled with low self esteem and feeling that they are not wanted. You made them. They need you.

Not to mention that I miss "seeing" you too..

Do not be a toon abuser. Log in. Only you can save your toon from a life of neglect and despair...

:
#85 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Don't forget about sibling rivalry either. Do you want your toon going to the shrink in Stormwind, lying on the couch telling Fizzbit Headshrinker how mommy only cared about the toon on another realm while they were forgotten, unloved, uncared for?

Log in. Now. Before someone who means well turns you into the WoW Toon Protection Service. You know how horrid some of the TPS workers can be! Don't give them a reason to come to your home asking why your little toon is being neglected and abused...

:
#86 of 1669 Old 02-12-2008, 04:41 PM

Please dont turn me in but yeah my main has somewhqat turned into a job with the scheduled raids and the arena teams i hdont have time for anything else btu ill tyr to log in and level her.
#87 of 1669 Old 02-13-2008, 12:44 AM

dragonflyblue
#88 of 1669 Old 02-13-2008, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

:

#89 of 1669 Old 02-18-2008, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnaRose View Post
Are you on the horde or alliance side? I do a lot of BG during the day when my DH is at work, to try and catch up to him in gear, I quit for a while and he kept playing, so he is much better equipped than me.

I'm on horde side, btw
I'm on the Horde side.

My husband and I both use Cro Threadstrong's words as our battle cry. So if you see two idiots yelling things like, "I KNOW ABOUT YOUR OGRE ARMY, FRUIT VENDOR!" or "HA, I CRUSHED AN APPLE, FRUIT VENDOR! IT WILL NOT BE THE LAST!!" that would be us.
#90 of 1669 Old 02-18-2008, 12:55 PM

: Viola

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page