WoW Tribe 2008!!! - Page 56 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1651 of 1669 Old 12-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amydidit View Post
I keep reading threads on the WoW site about *how much do you crit* or *what's your avg dps*, etc. And I'm really embarrassed to ask this, but how do you find that information?
You can just click on character and look at the right drop down for your class type and it will tell you your crit rate and dps of your main hand and off hand or spell type based on your stats and equipment.
#1652 of 1669 Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 PM

I use recount for tracking dmg/dps/healingdone
#1653 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 AM

it depends on what youre looking for, if you want to know what your crit percentage is given to you by gear stats, thats on your char screen, if you want to know how much of your damage comes from special crits, or white damage crits, or how much your true crit percentage matches what your gear says you should have then you will need a mod to track a big sample of your damage over a period of time. similarly with your "dps" i am betting people mean what is your damage per second over a period of time, or on boss fights or something, not the dps of your weapon (which can also be found on your char screen)

so if you want to track your damage and see what your damage is over a parse then you need a mod, if you crit a mob while fighting and someone is like "whoa what was that crit" then you can look at your combat log and it will tell you the damage of one crit.

i guess basically, to tell you what you need to know we need to better know what it is the info you are looking for.

hope that makes some sense.
#1654 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Ahh, I was afraid it would be a mod. I don't like using more than I need to. But I'm very curious about it too. The people I know in my guild don't use mods much (only the basics like Auctioneer and QuestHelper).
I used to use quest helper. I was told about Carbonite Quest and now use that instead. It uses far less memory to run and has extra perks that quest helper didn't have.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#1655 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 02:01 PM

Wow I miss my warrior. Until I get my account turned back on, I'm stuck playing my 39 Druid that's on hubbys acct.
I only dropped in because I saw you Pixiedust! Welcome to WoW.
You should join Kul Tiras server, we could play together.
#1656 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +stella+ View Post
it depends on what youre looking for, if you want to know what your crit percentage is given to you by gear stats, thats on your char screen, if you want to know how much of your damage comes from special crits, or white damage crits, or how much your true crit percentage matches what your gear says you should have then you will need a mod to track a big sample of your damage over a period of time. similarly with your "dps" i am betting people mean what is your damage per second over a period of time, or on boss fights or something, not the dps of your weapon (which can also be found on your char screen)

so if you want to track your damage and see what your damage is over a parse then you need a mod, if you crit a mob while fighting and someone is like "whoa what was that crit" then you can look at your combat log and it will tell you the damage of one crit.

i guess basically, to tell you what you need to know we need to better know what it is the info you are looking for.

hope that makes some sense.
Well I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. I think the threads on the wow forums are talking about track damage over time instead of just the weapon. I've never really understood. I just saw one thread yesterday that really got me thinking. It was asking if their average DPS was good for their level and posted a bunch of numbers from different fights, and I wondered about that. I very much want to have a good character, and maybe I need to know this info too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ View Post
I used to use quest helper. I was told about Carbonite Quest and now use that instead. It uses far less memory to run and has extra perks that quest helper didn't have.
I'll look into that one. QH has been a big help, but I'm also interested in better things.
#1657 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 03:59 PM

I finally hit 80 on my hunter a few days ago

Working on my druid next.

Never got my alts all to 60 as planned but oh well lol

Mom to DD 14 and DS 12
#1658 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I think the threads on the wow forums are talking about track damage over time instead of just the weapon. I just saw one thread yesterday that really got me thinking. It was asking if their average DPS was good for their level and posted a bunch of numbers from different fights, and I wondered about that. I very much want to have a good character, and maybe I need to know this info too?
What I bolded tells me that is likely recount addon they are using. Recount allows you to post your numbers in chat. It is used for a variety of statistics including hit rating, crit, healing, healing over time, pretty much everything and anything any character can do... There are pie charts and graphs you can use to display if you are more visual (out of combat, of course).

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#1659 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 05:14 PM

I think I'll go look into recount now. Sounds like that might be what I'm looking for.
#1660 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 06:23 PM

My two stepsons and elder dd were here (well, dd is still here til the 3rd) on uni break for Christmas. They got little dd, 10, REALLY excited about WoW. So they set her up with a trial membership. I'm trying to set mine up but the #(#(*@Y!!!!)(*#&#& site won't load. It's frustrating. Cuz I'm in the mood to sit down and work on it and level up but can't. Wah.

Stepsons, dd and dd's boyfriend are all going to help us with the game. I'm looking forward to it!

(We also played Munchkin one night and MAN, I love that game!!!)
#1661 of 1669 Old 12-31-2008, 11:29 PM

I need to look into Carbonite Quest. Quest Helper has been VERY annoying lately, taking a couple minutes to even start showing anything. And it REALLY gets confuse by the phasing stuff, because it only seems to know one location per NPC, but they move around now depending on where you are in a quest line.

Munchkin looks hilarious! I saw some kids playing it at a church potluck, and then saw some of that companies other games at a game store. The creator, Steve Jackson, is practically the father of paper Role Playing Games.

We're going to another potluck tonight. If there is a game, I may try to get in on it. However, dd (5.5 y.o.) just started playing Sorry! (cards now instead of dice?!?!), and kicked my bum in her first two games, so I may not get a chance. :-D
#1662 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 PM

HAAAHahahaha!

I should have known there would be a thread about WoW here.

I just started playing in August, a friend from another site referred me, then I referred DH. YAY triple XP.

We play horde side on Area 52, but I have a couple (low level) toons on Kilrogg (A) that I play from time to time with other moms in the "Mamas of Mahem" guild.

My main horde pally (protection tank) is level 79 and 2/3 (hoping to ding 80 this weekend) and I have "The Hallowed" and "Merrymaker" titles. Next I really need to level my engineering, and cooking. How many "feasts" does one person REALLY need anyways?

DH is still at level 71 on his warlock, and he's put me on notice that my tank belongs to him at 80 to help him level.
#1663 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaBuddy View Post
Munchkin looks hilarious! I saw some kids playing it at a church potluck, and then saw some of that companies other games at a game store. The creator, Steve Jackson, is practically the father of paper Role Playing Games.
I love GURPS, but Steve Jackson is no Gary Gygax.

Dad to DD 9/2008
#1664 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
We play horde side on Area 52, but I have a couple (low level) toons on Kilrogg (A) that I play from time to time with other moms in the "Mamas of Mahem" guild.
what a great guild name!
#1665 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks! i actually mistyped it. It's Mamas of Mayhem with a y. LOL

I just dinged level 80! WOOT! So excited.

Now of course I have to get geared up for all the fun stuff that opens up at level 80.
Green quest rewards are OK, but I am sure I can do better!
#1666 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 07:22 PM

I'm getting worried. My elder dd is leaving tomorrow (she came to visit on her uni break) and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. My little dd, 10, seems to know more than I do about the game! Is there a really good guide online for WoW? If I just do quests and pay attention to my profession, will I be okay?
#1667 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 08:17 PM

I love WowHead. There are descriptions of quests, profession leveling guides, forums for each class, maps...

That will help you pick good options for placing your talent points, learn which gear to select for your class (i.e. a rogue or a warrior obviously don't need spellpower gear! But what about a paladin? Depending on your spec you might pick mana per second, critical rating, or defense...) and which spells/abilities work best for different situations. I use different spells when questing by myself than I do in a dungeon tanking a boss, for instance.

Some other sites that are helpful are Wowwiki and thottbot.
You will do fine as long as you are having fun and enjoying the game!
#1668 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 10:04 PM

should we make a new thread for 09?
#1669 of 1669 Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sure, good idea. I'll start it, if no one else has already.

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...2#post12905042

We might want to ask for this thread to be locked now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page