Survivor watchers anonymous - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2003, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, kama! And wittle Osten doesn't want to be so close to all the creepy-crawly scary jungle bugs! Or Snakes! He'd rather the feeble shelter be crushed by waves when they are sleeping in the middle of the night. Well OF COURSE that's the smartest thing to do!

I wonder if you have to put your IQ on the Survivor application. Hmmmm....

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2003, 10:52 PM

I missed this episode....
Habs were playing...

Is there a site that gives a play by play of what happened?? Or can someone fill me in??

Thanks!!

Jen
Old 10-17-2003, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
www.televisionwithoutpity.com

It won't be up for 4 or 5 days though. Somewhere at cbs.com they have one too, I think.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by adventuregirl
I must also say again that Jeff Probst is so funny, he has the best comments. I can't remember my favorite one from last night, but he had me rolling.
My favorite was said to Krista during the immunity challenge... "Good job, YA FREAK!" :LOL
Old 10-18-2003, 05:35 PM

Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 12:08 AM
rda

Anybody else think Osten's faking it with the drowning bit? It just seems unreal that anyone with so few swimming skills and who supposedly hates the bugs and all that would sign up for Survivor. Somethings not adding up there. The way he's been the reason for so many challenge losses...I think he may be trying to hide his strengths so he doesn't seem like so much of a threat before the individual immunities start. Not that I really think he's that smart, but my gut tells me we're not seeing the whole story there.

I sure hope Jon doesn't last much longer. Aside from being incredibly annoying, don't you think the other Drake members would want him gone just because he lied so skillfully to the Burton-Michelle-Shawn group about the vote in the previous episode? Let's hope so.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:02 PM

That's an interesting theory about Osten, he'd have to be a really good actor to pull that off. I guess anything's possible though.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going on record that Osten is actually useless, not just faking it. I may eat those words, but I doubt it!
Old 10-20-2003, 01:38 PM

jackson's mama, that was it, "Good job, YA FREAK!" HA! I love it!

I honestly don't think Osten is that smart. It sure would be interesting if he was, and if anyone were to play that card it would make for some excitement, but could potentially backfire when everyone figured them out. I think Osten just wanted to get on TV, and I doubt he watched too much Survivor in the past. One of the first girls to get voted off this one said in an interview that she had never watched it, but was approached on the beach to apply, maybe he has the same story. I'm going to find that quote, I think I read it on cbs.com.

-Sheryl

Old 10-20-2003, 01:57 PM

From cbs.com, quote from Nicole, first person voted off this season:

"They approached me; I never went to an audition or sent in a tape. I was approached on the beach to do the show, but had never previously contemplated doing it."

Makes me wonder how all the others got on there, I would bet that Osten's story is similar.

-Sheryl

Old 10-20-2003, 02:50 PM

Yuuuk! I can't believe that Nicole didn't get to apply for a spot! It makes me wonder if that dress she was wearing the first day was her own or it was given to her? : (mean thought)

Jula
Old 10-24-2003, 11:18 AM

I tried not to watch this one, I tried not to get hooked... but I did I have only seen the last 2 episodes but I have already picked out favourites and not so favourites.
I just hope I am getting the names right...

John and Austin make me :Puke I would love them to be voted off!!
Rupert and Sandra(if that is the girl who was so funny at the tribal council) They make me laugh.
The guy who held up the poles and weights for a long time, greyingish beard, like him a lot
And the other guy, Rino or something...

I was so glad the team that Morgan won immunity last night, for the guy I like but can't remember his name for putting annoying Jon in his place

Old 10-24-2003, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Please note: Women are better designed for endurance than men!

I was really hoping Jon would go... how did he slime out of that fix? He was as much agains King Rupert as Trish! Maybe because she was theoritcally in an alliance with Rup? Ugh... I just wanted him to GO!

I predicted this to my girlfriend last week, BTW... I said next time they go to tribal someone is going to work up the nerve to point out the obvious... that for anyone else to win Rup must go soon. That person will lose their head.

I loved that Christy took as much weight as Osten! I wish it would have been clearer how much time was passing. It is amusing that they keep calling Osten 'Morgan's Strong Man'. I think not only Christy took as much weight as he but Rup and his teammate Andrew took more. Hee!!

Can't stand all the dumb nicknames in Morgan... Maybe any one of them, alone would be tolerable but the whole thing is just yuck...
Old 10-24-2003, 04:08 PM

I don't know how much I can watch until Annoying Jon is gone. Luckily he really blew it last night by voting for Rupert, so there's hope that I'll only have to put up with him for one more episode.

Yes, Sandra was funny during tribal council. I think she's my favorite woman on the show.

SOOOOOOO happy that Rupert is still around!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama

Can't stand all the dumb nicknames in Morgan... Maybe any one of them, alone would be tolerable but the whole thing is just yuck...
Maybe that's why I can't remember anyones name on that tribe : :

Osten is definitely not the strong man, he has shown that many times now!( I think)
Old 10-24-2003, 05:37 PM

I loved Ryan O's line about how Osten is scared of all the critters, the jungle AND the water, why did he even go out there? I think they are keeping him because they know they can beat him, he's no threat in strength challenges, he just looks that way at first.

Jon MUST go and soon! I really don't know how they all take him, ugh! True that Trish pointed out the obvious, its pretty clear that Rupert's alliance is very strong, barring something major, Jon will be the next to go.

The merge has got to happen soon, although I feel like they are going to put some new swing on that whole thing, any guesses?

-Sheryl

Old 10-24-2003, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Astrid:
Osten (big allegedly strong black male) nick= "OT"
Tijuana (lovely black female) nick= "T" (The originality takes yer breathe away, don't it?
Andrew (older white male, grey beard, the leader {HA!}) nick= Savage (his surname) :
Ryan O (30ish white male) nick= Rhino (wow, that's REALLY clever...)
Darrah (young teeny tiny white female) has no nick which clearly means she is the next one out.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:45 PM

I've never watched any of the other survivors. I'm loving this one, but have a question. Are they definately going to merge the tribes??

Jen
Old 10-24-2003, 06:59 PM

My dh's nickname for Jon="that devilish blondy curly jerk" :LOL We want him out soooo bad. He's such a jerk! I can't stand him.

I was almost sure that Rupert was out last night, but he stayed

I think something radical is going to happen next week. I am thinking some shuffling of the members of the tribes.

We are really enjoying this survivor
Old 10-24-2003, 07:40 PM

Has anyone else watched the video clip on the cbs survivor site for next week!?
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
It looks like they're bringing back the survivors who've already been voted off and they're going to give them a chance to compete their way back into becoming survivors again. Should make for interesting viewing. I was wondering why they were giving so much air time to skinny ryan during the first 2 episodes when he was the 2nd person voted out....maybe he'll be back.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:46 AM
rda

The very best part of that episode was the look on Jon's face when they read that 4th Trish vote at TC!:LOL Did you notice how he was snickering during Sandra's speech - he thought she was talking about Rupert being the one to go. So much fun to see someone get what's coming to them. That tribe better get rid of him next. If they didn't realize he was a snake before, they MUST now!
Old 10-25-2003, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rda
The very best part of that episode was the look on Jon's face when they read that 4th Trish vote at TC!:LOL Did you notice how he was snickering during Sandra's speech - he thought she was talking about Rupert being the one to go. So much fun to see someone get what's coming to them. That tribe better get rid of him next. If they didn't realize he was a snake before, they MUST now!
Absolutely :LOL And what's with his fingers? Is he making v's with each hand so that everybody knows that he's playing both sides? Uggggggggg I can't stand him
Old 10-25-2003, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I believe that is his sign for "Johnny Fairplay" to which I respond... What. Ever.

It is amusing to me that Rupert keeps acting like talking about voting somebody off or voting against someone is a dreadful thing to do.

Memo
To:Rupert
The object of the game is to vote all your opponents off so you can win. It is not wrong to attempt to do this. Also, It is out of the question that the producers would permit one team to stay intact for the entire game. They are not your family or even your real friends. We are not executing them. Please, calm down.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama
Astrid:
Osten (big allegedly strong black male) nick= "OT"
Tijuana (lovely black female) nick= "T" (The originality takes yer breathe away, don't it?
Andrew (older white male, grey beard, the leader {HA!}) nick= Savage (his surname) :
Ryan O (30ish white male) nick= Rhino (wow, that's REALLY clever...)
Darrah (young teeny tiny white female) has no nick which clearly means she is the next one out.
Thanks!

I must admit I am looking forward to Rupert confronting Jon next week. At first he was set on Shawn going but it looks like Jon may be next (hopefully)
Old 10-25-2003, 05:38 PM

Aster- I have read (bc we are in a pool and I want to win!) that what you wrote is exactly what is going to happen. There has been some speculation about it for a while and it will screw up our pool, but should be interesting.

And "Jonny Fairplay" would seem to be his stagename. He was supposedly a wrestling promoter or something at one point.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

I agree Jaffapearl! Jon's little plan to 'destroy their morale' gave them resolve like crazy and had them fighting mad when they got to the challenge. What a doofus! I wonder if his team will have any chance to hear about it while they still have him around to make miserable about it. I'm kinda surprised Jeff didn't bring it up, in his continuing theme of Jon Hatred. (Which I TOTALLY support! )
Old 10-31-2003, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

WaHhhhhhhooooooo!!

I love the twist. L-O-V-E love it!!!! Good golly some of these people are such big babies. They are taking this SO personally!!! Rupert in particular but Andrew as well. Gee whiz. Rup "You betrayed me! I could kill you! " It makes me

And Andrew, sheesh! "None of those people DESERVES to be in this game!" You know... because I, in my boundless wisdom chose to vote them out!! Ugh! What an ass! Yeah... the same wisdom that kept useless Osten hanging around like a bad rash for weeks. USELESS!!! Osten sucks... no two ways to put that. I would pick Skinny Ryan over Osten in ANY challenge any day of the week.

Also... Cannot BELIEVE they kept demon jon over Sean... whose biggest flaw is choosing a weak alliance at the start.

Looking forward to: The councel where the Outcasts select who will come back into the game. THAT will be interesting. Also... notice that at no time has Jeff said that anyone will go back to their original tribe... so this could be very interesting. Demi-God of his own mind Andrew might change his tune really fast if instead of one of his "dud" former team mates he gets a chance to have Burton on his side. Do you think his adamance that whoever the new person is must be voted off and will have no power will survive that? Is his loyalty to teeny lil Darrah stronger than his desire to have a strapping young man around camp ? *cough* closet case *cough*
Old 10-31-2003, 03:11 PM

Kama~ TIA your post except about Jon/Sean. Jon is a loud mouth, but everytime I've seen Jon/Sean in conflict, whatever Jon is yelling about, he's right. Sean does spend more time arguing than doing by far. At least of what I've seen!

Jeff sure didn't let Osten off the hook, did he??? DIdn't somebody else volunteer 1 time in a past series? Not Shawna in the battle if the sexes, she whined a bit, but when she was finally voted off she didnt wanna go. Seems like further back than that... oh well.

I agree that the twist makes or breaks it! I have no idea how they are gonna vote 2 in, wierd...
Old 10-31-2003, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiralWoman

I agree that the twist makes or breaks it! I have no idea how they are gonna vote 2 in, wierd...
that's what I was wondering: They will all want to come back in the game but if they all vote for themselves...

But I was really shocked that they voted out Sean instead of Jon. I was so ready to see him leave

That episode made me feel at all the swearing and threats. I am thinking Tijuana or Sandra to win the million.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Is his loyalty to teeny lil Darrah stronger than his desire to have a strapping young man around camp ? *cough* closet case *cough*
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL

What is with him loving Osten, even though he has been waaay more of a liability than an asset from day 1. Must be the "eye candy" appeal.

SpiralWoman, ITA about Jon/Sean. Jon is totally annoying, but he IS always right in his arguments with Sean.

I really liked Rupert before, but I'm over him now. "How dare they vote for me..." Dude, it's Survivor. People vote for someone to go bc they want to win as badly as you do. Get over it! And I think it was stupid and mean for him to make Jon and Sean make their case for why they deserved to stay. That could come back to bite him later.

I love this new twist. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Especially since there won't be any thinning of the ranks after this episode. Are they going to add episodes or have another twist that gets rid of several people at once during a future episode?

User Tag List