Survivor watchers anonymous - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 217 Old 11-17-2003, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, you're right SpiralWoman, I couldn't read them on my TV cause the reception was fuzzy, so I looked at the website (not that I didn't trust you).

So Dodo, your question is mine as well. Someone must have offered T & D a good deal, I'm banking on the girls alliance. Even tho I still really like the Rupster and want him to win.

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 217 Old 11-17-2003, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Or maybe just the promise that if they voted with everyone else they would be considered "one of us" after that maybe not be voted right off. Empty promise, most likely.. but still.
#123 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 03:27 AM

I'm so sad they voted Rupert off

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#124 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:18 AM

I'm sad too, but his leaving comments really annoyed me. "Poor me. Now all my dreams are shattered. I never fit in." I was a nerd in school too, so I have some understanding of the not feeling like you fit in, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.
#125 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:34 AM

ITA with Melissa. I know Rup is very popular, but geez... most people leave the show very invigorated & "what an experience" Anyway, I thought he was more into life than to feel that only a million bucks could fix him, but whatever. I heard the next Survivor is gonna be a "All Stars" & he's coming back for it, that should help him feel better.

One question, who voted for Jon??
later, Maria
#126 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 05:17 AM

I'm with you guys... I was SO sad to see Rupert go, but the whole "there goes all my dreams" speech was just lame. I guess he was just convinced he was going to win.

SANDRA was the one that voted for Jon!! I am really wondering now if her "mistake" in shooting down Rupert in the immunity challenge was not a mistake after all. She had to have known what the plan was for her alliance, and to vote Jon instead of Darrah must have been a calculated move. I'm looking forward to seeing next week... is the Jon vote the reason for Krista crying and saying, "I didn't do it!"??
#127 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 05:23 AM

Poor lizard.....

I am all for foreshadowing but BLEH!

What is up with Lil?? She is starting to freak me out a little. I can see now why she doesn't drink. I wonder what her scout troop thought of all that....

Rupert was starting to annoy me. He really seemed to think he was sort of ruler over the rest of the tribe. When they didn't do what he wanted he would freak. Good grief.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#128 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 12:07 PM

I was sad to see Rupert go. He seems like the type who would take the million dollars and put it back into his community.(Doesn't he work with troubled kids) I can't see him buying a big house and fancy cars and designer clothes.

And any week that annoying Jon is still around makes me I don't want it to be him and Burton in the final 2.
#129 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 12:40 PM

DId anyone notice in last nights IC, that when Sandra hit rupert out of the game, she was a killer. But yet a few trys later she hit Burton, but jeff said she wasn't a killer and that didn't count?? I don't get it, did i miss something? :

Laura
#130 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 12:59 PM

This is my first post to this thread, but I've been watching the show and reading this thread. . .

I was sort of bummed to see Rupert go, but he really thought he was king of the hill (which was annoying) and his parting comments were pathetic.

Lil is (I'm sorry to say) not the sharpest tool in the shed! That drunken boat ride was hilarious! She kind of has a "poor me" attitude as well, that I just don't care for.

I'm really intrigued by the previews for next week's episode.

i don't think Jon will make it too far--I don't think Burton truly is in alliance with him, and of course sandra and krista aren't in with him, as well as T and darrah. and who knows with Lil!

I don't necessarily want to see him win it all, but Burton doesn't really bother me at this point. He's playing the game pretty well.

namaste.gif

#131 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetpeasmom
DId anyone notice in last nights IC, that when Sandra hit rupert out of the game, she was a killer. But yet a few trys later she hit Burton, but jeff said she wasn't a killer and that didn't count?? I don't get it, did i miss something? :

Laura
We saw that too! I'm guessing it was an editing error, they shuffled the hits all around and wound up getting the cart ahead of the horse.
#132 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 02:09 PM

So sad to see good ole Rup get the boot, but it was the rest of the tribe's only chance. I would have done the same thing, he was the biggest threat to everyone. His final words were not very well thought out, he was in shock and pissed I'm sure, so they weren't coming from a place of true reflection. I was surprised to hear that from him anyway.

Here are the previews:
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
One of the most heated Survivor arguments ever ends with one castaway declaring the other a sworn enemy.

Christa is accused of sabotaging the food supply. But is it a false accusation?

Despite the tension of competition, a touching gesture of compassion marks the Reward Challenge.
No one is safe as conspiracies and overheard conversations fuel the insecurities of every castaway prior toTribal Council. Who will be next to go?

My bet is that Sandra and Jon have a huge blowout. I wonder what Jon's awful news is, looks like someone gives him the reward.

I wonder when they are going to have the loved ones on the show? That always makes me cry.

Only 3 more episodes! I can't tell if that includes the finale or not.

I also heard that Rupert is off at the All Star Survivor right now, that one will be great, we will know so many of the personalities to begin with.

-Sheryl

#133 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah... the Sandra issue at the Challenge REALLY got my attention. Sloppy! She was getting way too cocky. Rupert thought he ran every aspect of the game and went for the big fall. Sandra was SOOOooo arrogant in her certainty that the votes were all lined up to boot Darrah that she thought she could just throw a vote at John to bug him, to flex her muscles. I think she is truly shocked at what has heppened.

Burton is playing a beautiful game. Rup, Sandra and Christa got too busy forming the Manson Family, Lite to pay attention to the game. {For Rup to fail to understand that an ouster at this point is a compliment to his strength as a competitor is just sad.) Darrah and T threw in the towel a week or so ago... they have been pawns from day one so never stood much chance. Lil... really thinks this is real life and friendship... not a game. John, as big of a jerk as he is.. is playing full time. And I think Burton may take him to the final 2 if he can just based on sheer un-likeability.

As for what comes next... I have to figure that next week is the visit from home and John gets bad news that way. Nothing that happens on the island is that big a deal, ya know?
#134 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 02:58 PM

I don't have time to read all the posts, but as for the killer thing, that kind of counted as one of your lives, so if you were a killer and got hit worth two points, you lost your killer status and one life. You then could gain your killer status back.

So that is why Sandra was no longer a killer. She had lost her killer status when she got hit (can't remember by who. Jon?) The game was confusing and very poorly explained.

Sad to see Rupert go, but I knew he couldn't win. The person who is a true survivor never does- it is all too cutthroat. Watch that good-for-nothing Darrah win.

FWIW, Rupert couldn't appear on CBS this morning which just lends credence to the rumor that he is back in the Pearl Islands because he is on All Star Survivor.
#135 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggiesMom
Watch that good-for-nothing Darrah win.
#136 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama
And I think Burton may take him to the final 2 if he can just based on sheer un-likeability.
ITA. I have resigned myself to the fact that we will most likely see Jon as one of the final two. Grrr. Doesn't the second place person still get some money? I can't say I blame them though, he is by far the safest bet to go up against in the end.

Kama, thanks for explaining your thoughts on the Sandra thing. I just couldn't understand why she would vote for Jon! If it wasn't calculated, it was really dumb. With all the signs pointing towards an alliance between Burton and Jon against them, and she still didn't get it. Maybe its easier for us to see since Mark Burnett hands it to us on a silver platter, but this one seemed pretty obvious. Sandra pretty much put the final TWO nails in Rupert's coffin.
#137 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:33 PM

As much as I hatehatehate to see Jon's smarmy, smirking face at every tribal council, he is definitely the one I would take to the top two, if I really wanted to win. He's physically weak (the last challenge is always a test of endurance) and completely unlikeable. Nobody wants him to win.

I don't like Lil AT ALL. Never have. Can we puh-LEEZ lose the "poor me" pouty puss???

Rupert's parting words were ill-chosen; although I'm sure he was very emotional.

It wouldn't kill me to see Burton win...he has played the game well.

If Darrah or Tijuana wins, that will be a grave injustice. They haven't played the game, they've sat around on their butts, they've managed to stay pretty much under the radar to get where they are. Darrah is arrogant and T just bugs me.

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#138 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skellbelle
As much as I hatehatehate to see Jon's smarmy, smirking face at every tribal council, he is definitely the one I would take to the top two, if I really wanted to win. He's physically weak (the last challenge is always a test of endurance) and completely unlikeable. Nobody wants him to win.
But on previous Survivors, haven't unlikeable people won because of the fact that they outwit and outlast all the "worthier" people to the very end? And many have already shown a strong dislike of Burton so he may not get the votes if he was in the final two.
#139 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 04:54 PM

Second place gets 100 G's, actually everyone gets a little dough, first person voted off gets 2500, then it goes up from there to the final two.

Anyway, I've been thinking about last year's Rob and how he compares to Jon. Everybody hated Rob at some point, he was annoying and smarmy as well, yet in the end they ALL said he played the best and would have voted for him in the final two. So, taking Jon to the end might not be a good idea based on this viewpoint. Burton has been playing well and would deserve it, if people look at is as really playing the game, he'd be smart to take Darrah or T to the end. But even so, there have been lots of "under the radar" wins in this game as well, so who knows?

All said, I think Burton can win if he gets to the final two. I would be happy if he did based solely on the fact that he was voted out, back in again, and went on to win.

I have to say that if I could figure it all out, I wouldn't like it so much. The lure of Survivor...

-Sheryl

#140 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 05:01 PM

I was just wondering, has anyone here ever tried out for Survivor? I think it really would be fun, and be a great test of one's person. Of course, I could/would never do it at this point in my life, but I do think it'd be fun.

namaste.gif

#141 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 05:07 PM

I know it's a game and people lie, but I really think Burton will take Lil to the final two as promised. Or maybe I just want to belive it.

I haven't tried out for the game, but I've thought about being on it. Since I'm lactating, I'd be a great source of food too! =)
#142 of 217 Old 11-21-2003, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MelissaEvans
I haven't tried out for the game, but I've thought about being on it. Since I'm lactating, I'd be a great source of food too! =)
:LOL
#143 of 217 Old 11-22-2003, 03:56 AM

:LOL :LOL :LOL

#144 of 217 Old 11-22-2003, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter

Hhmm... You and seven team mates. That is some SERIOUS tandem, honey. You will be on the LLL lecture circuit for a while. Of course, your tribe mates will trash talk you for drinking too much water in their 'confessionals'. Also, poor CBS will blow through their entire budget for pixilating in the first week or two.

Speaking of which: Ruperts junk flashing everywhere during the challange! Ha!!! Jeff "Whoa! I'm seeing WAY more of Rupert than I need to!"
#145 of 217 Old 11-22-2003, 04:49 AM

I heard this season they spent more on pixilating than they had in any previous season..(which is surprising considering the amount of time Rich was naked)

what do they expect when they toss them in the water in photo op clothes and not their beach/active wear??

Man, if you are "providing for the tribe" I would insist on a bgger portion of the food...

#146 of 217 Old 11-22-2003, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

That is puzzling Abimommy. Especially since my buddies at TV w/out Pity tell me that in an early episode the Little Rhino was clearly visible dangling out the bottom of Ryan's shorts in an early episode.
#147 of 217 Old 11-24-2003, 01:57 PM

OK, I will admit I actually printed out the Survivor application for this season sometime last year. But I couldn't fill it out, I just felt a little cheesy, and I knew we would be ttc, so didn't want to put that off. The questions were very interesting.

Don't forget its on WEDNESDAY this week! I am positive that its the family visit challenge episode.

-Sheryl

#148 of 217 Old 11-24-2003, 02:22 PM

I am trying to figure out how someone is going to be stripped of immunity. Did Jon cheat? I am dying to find out. Can't wait!!!!!!!!
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#149 of 217 Old 11-24-2003, 02:27 PM

OMG, I am dying that we're going to be driving to MD during Wednesday's show. And of course my folk's VCR was damaged by Isabel. I'll be counting on you ladies to fill me in! Of course it's the most interesting show so far. Grrrr.
#150 of 217 Old 11-26-2003, 04:32 AM

Kama,

I am embarassed to say that I was lurking at Television Without Pity and someone posted a website with the video of that incident. I didn't really believe it (how could they miss such a thing!) so I looked at the video (holy crap!!)

I am so embarassed...

But yes, that is true...

I guess they missed that one (stupid! I can't BELIEVE they missed that!!) or something...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page