Survivor watchers anonymous - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-15-2003, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a theory about that Astrid and SB. I think they were plenty shocked at home when they saw it... and probably mad as hell too. But of course by then they knew it hadn't gotten him in the final two and he wasn't going to win... so maybe cared a little less. Also they were home with their loved ones when they found out so the sting of how badly they wanted to see their loved ones that day was sort of distant. Most of all, I think some (all?) of them made the conscience decision not to give him the satisfaction of being shocked. Had I been in their shoes I would have shrugged and said "We all know Jon lies as a reflex and that he doesn't care about anyone else so this isn't a surprise" *shrug*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2003, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama
The first 7 to go show up in whatever and no one really cares about them anyway.
Well, that's what I meant...last night I was looking at Nicole...it looked like she had on that same tight strapless blue dress (but a diff necklace), Sandra definitely had the same outfit, and Rup (although he had on blue jeans, and his origs were black if I'm not mistaken), and Christa....do you think they actually replaced Andrew's Armani suit?!?

I do remember that Colby & Tina had on their same (icky-looking) clothes but were all dolled up....they looked ridiculous, IMO. I missed the first season....did they actually do the final vote on the island in that one? They've done it live ever since season two (Australia).

And how about Jon, coming to the final tribal council still attired in HIS yucky clothes? What was that all about??? And that moustache....

:Puke

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
Old 12-15-2003, 08:07 PM

does anyone else think Darrah sounds like Maya Rudolph's schoolgirl character on Saturday Night Live? :LOL :LOL Just hit me last night.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:26 PM

Have there been any other Survivors where the remaining two did not set fire to their camp the last day? It seemed weird when Lil and Sandra just walked away from camp. But then Jeff said that authentic survivor things would be up for auction. Do you think that they were told not to burn everything down so that they could make some money off of the stuff? I have always remembered big Camp fires, but I haven't seen every season.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:04 PM

I am so glad Jon was not in the final 2, although I told my dh, if it was me, I would have taken him to be sure of winning the million. I think enough people hated him to vote for me. I was also really irritated with Lill continuing to refer to herself in the third person.
I can't wait for the all-star season. I heard they were gonna make it a 2 million $ reward. I also heard they had asked 2 people who declined to be on the all-star team. ANy one know who turned them down? I ALSO heard they were going to have 3 teams of 6 instead of 2 teams of 8. Sounds interesting.
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
Old 12-17-2003, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by juicylucy
does anyone else think Darrah sounds like Maya Rudolph's schoolgirl character on Saturday Night Live? :LOL :LOL Just hit me last night.
Yes! Totally! :LOL

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

Old 12-18-2003, 10:51 AM

On the clothing issue: I think Rupert's original jeans were dk blue, and looked black when wet.

In this case, I saw something on ET or somewhere, and there was an after party. The show had quick interviews with the final 3. Sandra was in a black low cut something, and she looked better than on the final show. I thought she looked so terrible at the reunion--straight hair and looking like she gained 20 lbs! What happened to the beautiful island girl? But in her black gown she looked good again, so maybe the lighting made her chin look so fat.

Jon had put on a tacky suit and looked bad as usual. He is an @$$. I wonder if he tortures small animals for fun IRL.

But Lill was still in the boy scout uniform, hat and all!!! Please Lillian, get a life! Creepy. It was always a relief on the show when she wore her duff as a tube top for a change.

User Tag List