Survivor watchers anonymous - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 217 Old 09-19-2003, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ar! I be Mad Kate Roberts, and I loves Survivor mateys!

I enjoyed watching this shipwreck of a pack of wretched scurvy dogs! I like that Blackbeard. He's a theiving pirate after me own heart! I be laughing me arse off that they shopped fer flint in place of ye olde bic lighter! Arrr, that be rich! And not a single one of the landlubber lasses swapped thier cute lil frocks for a decent pair o' slacks... Silly wenches! Ar!

What be yer thoughts on this fine seafaring adventure, mateys?
#2 of 217 Old 09-19-2003, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loved the show! I like Rupert too. He is so cute in a skirt. Wasn't Sandra awesome with her bartering skills. Drake was much better at getting their supplies than Morgan I thought. I wonder if the nakedness had anything to do with Morgan losing?
Gossamer

Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were a minute old, I would have died for you. That is the miracle of life. ~Maureen Hawkins~
#3 of 217 Old 09-20-2003, 12:52 AM

OMG, I love Rupert! Or as I like to call him, Hagrid. I loved it when he pillaged Morgan's raft; unless I missed something, those bozos never even noticed/said anything about their missing items. Maybe they thought the locals took them?

Yeah, I definitely like Drake better than Morgan, and it has nothing to do with them winning. And if I have to see anymore of Osten's blurred bottom, I think I am going to throw something at the TV.

My only problem so far was the first challenge. How is it remotely fair that the leading team does all the work, and the trailing team just follows behind them taking advantage of the situation? It looked to both my husband and I that there was only one course set up and the first team basically cleared the way for the second.

Gosh, I have a severe addiction....
#4 of 217 Old 09-20-2003, 04:50 PM

I liked the Drake tribe better too....they seem to get along better. This is the first time I've watched Survivor....

Jen
#5 of 217 Old 09-20-2003, 05:47 PM

Hello my name is Jula and I am a Survivor addict

I love Rupert too. He's my favorite pirate. Sandra is another one of my favorites. She was awesome at bartering and making friends . I was waiting though for the Morgan tribe to say something about their missing objects. Even if they thought that the locals took them.

Maggiesmom, the second team was Morgan and they lost the challenge! They had a good lead but got stuck in the sand and Drake passed them.

Can't wit for next week
#6 of 217 Old 09-21-2003, 04:01 PM

Right, I realize Morgan was the trailing team ( ), but then they did get the lead b/c they were right behind Drake (b/c Drake did all the hard work.) If they, too, had not got stuck in the sand, they would have won even though Drake did ALL the work.

Very cutthroat Maybe this season's challenges will be more like this? Can't wait to see....

Kimberly, a serious survivor junkie.
#7 of 217 Old 09-22-2003, 02:14 PM

Another Survivor addict here! Ooooo, I was so excited to see this first show!

Drake has it together, they work together, that's going to be everything. I love Rupert too, although I'm afraid he might run himself into the ground.

Morgan on the other hand, what a mess. They didn't look at their map for water for how long? DUH! They have no idea that working together would get them so far, the two that know it can't step up because they are already on the chopping block.

Quote:
My only problem so far was the first challenge. How is it remotely fair that the leading team does all the work, and the trailing team just follows behind them taking advantage of the situation? It looked to both my husband and I that there was only one course set up and the first team basically cleared the way for the second.
I noticed this too. I was sure Drake was going to lose it when they got stuck in the sand, Morgan didn't deserve it, but so glad that they got stuck and lost.

This is going to be a fun one!

-Sheryl

Mama to DD 8 blahblah.gif and  3rdtri.gif EDD 5/21/13 joy.gif

#8 of 217 Old 09-22-2003, 05:46 PM

Another Survivor addict here.
This season looks like it's going to be really interesting. I did not get into last season at all. I couldn't have cared less who won. I too like Rupert. He seemed so interesting and different. Different from all the other "pretty" Survivor types.
Can't wait for the next show.
#9 of 217 Old 09-23-2003, 07:07 AM

I have seen a few seasons but wasn't ever really an addict but this pirate theme will definately make an addict out of me.

I LOVE Rupert and his pirating, that was ssoo funny! And then the blonde guy (can't remember his name) just laughed and stashed the shoes under his shirt..HILARIOUS!

I like the Drake team better too. They seem to be using common sense a lot more than the other. They had a lighter and their water jug was so much more useful than the big pan the other team had. They got toothbrushes! Morgan didn't even spend all their $$!! DUH!!

Not all those who wander are lost 
#10 of 217 Old 09-23-2003, 02:54 PM

Semi-spoiler here:

My Tivo (and probably tv guide) says this about the next episode:

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
"To Quit orNot to Quit" (2003) Castaway considers quitting; tribe member ransacks the other camp; second person is voted out.

Interesting, eh? Wonder who does the deed. And because of the logistics, it would seem they are encouraged by the host to do this....
#11 of 217 Old 09-23-2003, 03:14 PM

Rupert rocks!!
#12 of 217 Old 09-23-2003, 04:37 PM

This is what cbs.com has to say about the upcoming episode. (OK, you can call me a survivor geek, I don't mind) I don't think it really gives anything away, but if you really want to be surprised, you don't have to look.

When one tribe wins the first Reward Challenge, they learn of a new twist: one member may visit the losing tribe's island to pillage and loot one item from their supplies!
A tribe is stunned when one Survivor confesses a desire to quit the game.
Rupert, Morgan tribe's "Blackbeard," goes into a rage after learning that a tribemate has lost something crucial to Morgan's survival, but is determined to recover it at all costs.
It's a desperate battle of mind and body for Immunity, where every last second will decide the winner in a photo finish you must see to believe

My guess is that
Tijuana
is the one who wants to go home.

-Sheryl

#13 of 217 Old 09-25-2003, 12:09 AM
rda

OK, I'll confess my addiction, too!

I think it'll be the skinny Ryan who wants to go home. He just doesn't seem to have any reserves to draw on.

Rupert, on the other hand, should last a good long while! Thank goodness there's at least one non-20-something non-hardbody regular guy type on there. And he seems like he'll play smart, too. At least I hope he will.

I heard somewhere that the producers had to spend an additional $30,000 on nudity-blurring for this season. Sounds like more of Ostens butt is in our futures.:
#14 of 217 Old 09-25-2003, 09:15 AM

Bwhahahaha!! There was an awful lot of nudity blurring in just the first episode. I am sure we'll be seeing a lot of everyone's blurry butt.

#15 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 02:22 AM

I am so mad about who they vote off!! Did anyone else watch tonight??

#16 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

nak
complete bollocks! Booo Osten.
#17 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 09:21 AM

Does anyone else wonder what Osten was up to? I wonder if he wasn't being coniving since he too voted to get
Skinny Ryan
off.
#18 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 09:34 AM

It makes me mad. I would have voted off someone who was whining that much about being ill while playing coconut ball on the beach. :

#19 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 09:39 AM

Yeah, Osten totally should've gone. Whiner. But I'm not surprised skinny Ryan went. Although I liked him (and I felt even sorrier for him with his speech after eviction) - he wasn't going to last too long - he wasn't to strong and did put them way behind in that swimming challenge.

Drake rules. Hagrid (you just got a call him that) and Sandra for the finals!
#20 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 10:26 AM

Who got voted off last night?

"We shape the clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" Lao Tzu
#21 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 10:28 AM

Skinny Ryan got voted off.

#22 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 01:05 PM

I had a feeling of anguish during the challenges. Morgan is not doing good. I am all for Drake but can stop feeling sorry for Morgan. And then here comes Sandra and takes the tarp!

I am thinking that there's is going to be a new arrengement of people in the tribes. That will be horrible! because Drake is such a good team (until now, did you see the scenes from next week)

Whinni Osten made me mad too. What's up with that guy?
#23 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 02:03 PM

I thought it was pretty cool that Rupert found his fishing spear thingy again. What were the chances that he could actually recover it from their huge lagoon?

I think it's pretty interesting that the tribe that seems to be communicating the best is the tribe that's winning the challenges. Morgan tribe has been totally scattered since the beginning. No plan, no cohesion. And it's totally dragging them down. They all seem to have it in for each other already, i dont think they really understand the concept of team and how important ~team~ is before the merge.
#24 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Morgan stinks. Mr Attorney is a crap leader. He has issues with Ryans athleticism so he puts him firts in physically demanding task. Is he dumb or mean? Why do they always act as though the men MUST be strong and that even the weakest man is probably stronger than any of the women? Several of them struggled with that task... many of them left it to the next swimmer to put their item in the trunk, including burly lawyer (who also was the one who couldn't open the clue in the immunity challenge, right? Threw away their huge lead.) I would have gotten rid of Osten in a heartbeat and I think the tribe members who voted for him have every right to be mad as hornets that their teammates chose to keep the whiner around.

The pirating is going to make for some interesting situations. There must be some rules to prevent them from hiding stuff... or I would have buried all the valuables before the "pirate" arrived. I also think Morgan made a dumb call forcing Sandra to get the tarp down herself. They could have done it without taking their whole shelter down but there was really no way she could. They were being petty, right across the board and it came right back on them.
#25 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 PM

I am lovin' this season...but of course, I've loved them all!

Somebody please tell me why Osten is wearing boxers that are like, six sizes too big for him??? And why Mr. Lawyer, who could have traded that freakin' Armani suit jacket for all KINDS of useful stuff in the village, elected to keep the thing just so he could look like a power attorney (in HIS mind, anyway) at Tribal Council???

No wonder their team is losing :

Every baptized Christian is, or should be, someone with an actual (disturbing) experience, ... a close encounter, with God; someone who, as a result, becomes a disturbing presence to others. - Fr. Anthony J. Gittins, A Presence That Disturbs
#26 of 217 Old 09-26-2003, 10:51 PM
rda

What I'm worried about is that they're editing Drake soooo positively and Morgan soooo negatively. I think they do that so they can have an "incredible turnaround" or a "shocking twist" or whatever they want to hype in their promos to suck people in. I believe Morgan's got some huge problems with communication and egos and whiny-ness and stupidity, but are they really that bad? I'm afraid we might see someone from that tribe in the final few. It just better not be Osten or Andrew.
#27 of 217 Old 09-28-2003, 01:00 AM

It is hard to say since we are not there but they screwed up majorily when buying stuff and Drake has so much more than Morgan. Sandra even commented on how little they had. I do feel a little bad for them but not much. Most of it is due to their lack of planning and good judgement.

I would have buried my stuff too, that would go along with the pirate theme...:LOL

#28 of 217 Old 09-28-2003, 12:00 PM

poor wittle Osten he wanna go home

What a little baby! I thought Tijuana was going to laugh at him! Big tough looking dude is the biggest puss out of them all! They should have gotten rid of him, if he can't handle it, he is going to drag them down.

But why, oh why didn't he vote for himself if he really wanted to go???? Hmmmmmm.....

ITA, they need to be burying all the good stuff for the looting.

I just love how Jeff Probst told lawyer guy (in so many words) that he was a crap leader!

-Sheryl

#29 of 217 Old 09-28-2003, 12:38 PM

Quote:
But why, oh why didn't he vote for himself if he really wanted to go???? Hmmmmmm.....
They aren't allowed to vote for themselves.
#30 of 217 Old 09-28-2003, 05:06 PM

That's right! I forgot they can't vote for themselves.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page