Chelsea Handler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-27-2008, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just finished "are you there vodka? it's me, chelsea" and i was ROFL!!! i can't wait to read "my horizontal life".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

I read "AYTV" a couple of months ago and I thought it was funny and laughed out loud at some points. But I have to be honest, there were parts that I was just like, "Oh my god, did she just say that?"

I know it's funny for comedians to say shocking things just for the effect, you know, the laugh and all...but sometimes I think it's just too much over the top in some cases.
#3 of 6 Old 07-28-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanelles View Post
I read "AYTV" a couple of months ago and I thought it was funny and laughed out loud at some points. But I have to be honest, there were parts that I was just like, "Oh my god, did she just say that?"

I know it's funny for comedians to say shocking things just for the effect, you know, the laugh and all...but sometimes I think it's just too much over the top in some cases.
A lot of the time, I'm thinking things I don't say. Things that might sound like I mean them to be shocking when I really just kind of mean them. Or I just think they're reeeeeeally funny and if people didn't take themselves so damn seriously they could be in on the joke rather than be offended.

Anyway, I think I guard too much and try too much not to piss people off. I love watching Chelsea Handler because she says that stuff. And I still like her.

Sarah Silverman is a totally different story, though. She says that stuff and I think she's trying too hard. Like, she's not really thinking *that*, is she?

I can't wait to read Handler's book. Wee!
#4 of 6 Old 07-28-2008, 02:12 AM

I had never heard of her before I read My Horizontal Life. I laughed my butt off. I've been on the waiting list at the library for AYTV for a while now. I hope I get it pretty soon.
#5 of 6 Old 07-28-2008, 09:37 PM

She once did a stand up (on her E! show) routine about how gross and dirty uncirc'd men are. I've been disgusted by her ever since.
#6 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoablessing View Post
She once did a stand up (on her E! show) routine about how gross and dirty uncirc'd men are. I've been disgusted by her ever since.

yeah, in one of her stories in AYTV she mentioned something about that and i was really dissapointed. but i still really enjoyed her books.

i did read my horizontal life since my OP and LOVED IT!!! i wish she'd hurry up and write something else already.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page