playfull parenting - Mothering Forums
Books, Music, and Media > playfull parenting
Ishtarbella's Avatar Ishtarbella 08:06 AM 11-29-2001
this is a great book!Ireally recomend it ,heres the site too,anyone else read this one?http://www.playfulparenting.com/

lojoma's Avatar lojoma 06:38 PM 11-29-2001
Hi, yes I just read it and really liked it. I have been definitely trying to incorporate some of the ideas in dealing with my five year old. One cool thing was that I realized my husband was doing a lot of this stuff such as "do that one more time and you're going to have to sit and eat and ice cream sundae" all the while. I second your recommendation.
Ishtarbella's Avatar Ishtarbella 07:21 AM 11-30-2001
A few of the resons it exited ma as well was that i really want to keep that bond with my son even though hes not a baby anymore,its a way to feel close besides allthe cuddling.Also on the discapline department,i never thought about being playfull about it ,im working on it!Im hoping to find ways to enjoy the play as playihg the gamed he wants to play is not easy for me!
Heavenly's Avatar Heavenly 11:13 PM 11-30-2001
That book sounds great! Do you have to order it off the site or is it available at regular book stores?
rsps's Avatar rsps 11:16 PM 11-30-2001
I have it sitting in the pile of books I got from the library -- I'll move it to the top of the stack! LOL
Ishtarbella's Avatar Ishtarbella 06:42 PM 12-01-2001
LOL!That is sooooo me...........
Up