Help me find these [Ida Bohatta] children's books please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some children's books I saw when I was a child. I can't remember the author's name or any of the titles so I've had no luck locating them.

They were cute, miniature books, maybe three by five inches or maybe smaller, perfect stocking stuffer size. They came in different colors and each one featured translated verses (translated from German I think?) featuring little elves, fairies, frogs, insects, angels, St. Nick, dwarves, woodland creatures, etc, all interacting with each other ususally in seasonal themes. There were Christmas-themed ones and Spring-themed ones, and others. They were so cute. Maybe kind of a Waldorf-y feel to them. Very reminiscint of Elsa Beskow but the author was different.

I am hoping someone recognizes what I am talking about! I really wanted to find these books so I could buy a few for the boys' stockings this Christmas. they are the perfect age for them-- 2 and 4. If I think if any other distinguishing details I will add them! Thanks!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Well, at first I was so thrilled to figure out the author! The author is Ida Bohatta. But WOW are these little books expensive now! Apparently they are out-of-print? I am still looking to see if I can find a place that still sells them new. I mean, they were new copies I saw as a kid, not vintage, and I'm not old. The older used Ida Bohatta books are going for $15-100 dollars each on Alibris.com and Amazon.com! What the heck!

So, anyone know where to get new Ida Bohatta books (in English)?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 11-12-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Nevermind, I thought I found a place to buy them at list price, $3.95 each, but they were just selling used copies. Darnnit.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.gnomesworld.com/idaBooks/idaBooks01.html This link explains the books a little and shows pictures of each one. They are SO cute! And, they definitely ARE out of print completely.

Please please please someone bring them BAAAAACK!!!! I can't buy rare collectible books for my preschool boys, not only is it cost-prohibitive but the boys can't be trusted to keep a collectible book in perfect condition.

ETA: I don't know, I might buy a few of them anyway. I can keep them up out of the boys' reach (that sounds so wrong) and just bring them down for reading time.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:10 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...atta&x=17&y=19

I've ordered through amazon.co.uk before and it's fine.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...atta&x=17&y=19

I've ordered through amazon.co.uk before and it's fine.
Thanks, those are still mostly really expensive, ( but it's good to know another source to look at!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 AM

What lovely books.

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)

User Tag List