March - Baby, Toddler & Pregnant Mamas, Too ~ After A Loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 03-01-2009, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
March is here!! Spring will be coming, my birthday & of course my beautiful baby boy is 6 months old - what more to ask for :

Heidi Big hugs to you I hope that you get some peace of mind soon.

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 03-01-2009, 04:37 AM

I can hardly believe March is here already.

This is sort of a bitter sweat month.

On 3/29/2004 I found out I was pregnant, with what would have been our second child. Unfortunately on 5/5/04 I miscarried that child. According to LMP I was 9 1/2 weeks, but I figured my date closer to about 7 - 7 1/2 weeks, since my cycles had just returned the month before I got prego. I was due 12/5/04.

Then on 3/25/05 DS2 was born on Good Friday at 4:00 a.m.

Now that I have put my fears of loosing yet another pregnancy aside and am ok with the idea that even number pregnancies are not going to end horrible (#2 MC; #4 still birth at 40+2), I just seem unable to get pregnant. AF arrived, right on schedule yesterday. It seems that for the first time in my life I have 28 day cycles. I have been like this now for about four months. Although, this one is even lighter (if that is completely possible) than my last one. I am completely calling my OB on Monday. All I really did yesterday, day 1, is pass clots. Today has not been much better, but at least there is a little bleeding between clots.

I am also going to start temping/charting, but was not able to this morning. Ali has decided that she wants to cut some more teeth and make our sleep miserable.

Ok, I will try to post a link to pictures of my family...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...oskat/0009.jpg
#3 of 75 Old 03-01-2009, 10:48 AM

Wow March is here.... I would have a one year old rather than a seven month old. Thanks Meredith, still no AF in sight but still BFN's. Maybe I am going to hit menopause at 40.

Khaoskat: lovely pict

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#4 of 75 Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Meredyth - such a happy post

khoasat -i hope you can get some answers

zona - i hope you get an answer soon -- bfp. bfn or af

nak, snowing here in AL only happens once a year kidds are going nuts!

D. proud Mom of H. E. M. and T. always remembering Norah (11/07 at 40 wks) and (10/06) see profile
#5 of 75 Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

khaoskat You have a beautiful family! Those smiles make me happy just seeing them

D Wow, snowing! My dad takes a trip or 2 a year to go hunting up there, but I don't think he's ever encountered snow. I didn't realize you were so *close* by! Our weather is cold and rainy today, so mine are going nuts and driving me nuts all cooped up in the house

DH finally bought himself a metal detector **insert nerd joke here** and we made it to the beach,; it was Elias' first trip, and I actually remembered the camera And there's one of him in his little chair... with his winter stuff on... and on his tummy mat
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...rebear/045.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...rebear/061.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...bear/028-1.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...bear/026-1.jpg

#6 of 75 Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 AM

Oh Merydith !!!!! Wha beach do you go too??

AF is here WWOOOOHOOOO!!!!

"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#7 of 75 Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome news Heidi!! That was Ormond Beach, we like that one since it's a no driving stretch. We usually go to Ponce Inlet, the boys like the lighthouse and jetties

#8 of 75 Old 03-03-2009, 07:25 PM

khaoskat, beautiful family! I just love those matchy holiday pics. I'm a sucker for getting those matching outfits too.

mere, adorable! I love the smile on his face in the hat/mittens pic.

Athena made me mad today. Also tried to get my oil changed and they canceled on me. However, Ambrose is taking the longest nap he's had in days. I guess it all evens out in the end sometimes.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#9 of 75 Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM

khaoskat- lovely family pic

zonapellucida- glad AF showed for you

meredyth- as always, I love the pics of Elias, please give him a good squeeze for me.....your beach pic is making me jealous. I live just a few blocks from the beach but it's just way too cold for a stroll right now Seroiusly, aside from my dc and dh the beach and warm sunny days are what I live for....sigh
OK, I totally read the dh metal detector comment as "my dh finally bought himself a mental detector" lol!! Hope he has fun with it!

D- hope your dc had fun in the snow.....we too got nailed with the snow the other day. Well over a foot, my 2 year old had a hard time walking in it, but they had fun

Amy- Sorry you had a bad day Hopefully today is better for you

I have been so busy absorbing every second with Riley, she is truly wonderful. I think I am bumming myself out though because I keep reminding myself this is my last baby so everything she does is the last "blah, blah, blah". She's even pretty much outgrown the new look and smell that I love so much.

My toddler wants to nurse all the time now, I can't blame her since there is a huge supply of milk now and she has had nothing in there for so long. The problem is that for the last few months I have only been letting her nurse in the morning and at night. I am not sure I want to let her nurse more often, would I just be opening up a can of worms if I did? I just feel bad because she constantly asks.....not too sure what the right thing to do is.

OK, since some of you have posted pics and since I am completely in love with my new baby and since she is my last (lol) here are more than a few recent pics of her......

sleping sweetie
she really does have so much hair
who doesn't love a naked baby
and just because this cracks me up.....
who else but a two year old can go from this to this in seconds, lol!

Mama to Zoe (8/00), Morgan : (10/01), Brooke9/06), Casey 20wks (2/08), and Riley : (2/09): She's really here!!
#10 of 75 Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Had to update - my *little* man had a 6 month check yesterday and he's tipping the scales at 19lbs 10ozs and 27" tall My milk must have baby steroids in it

khaoskat I meant to reply after reading your post about March being hard for me, too. My loss baby would've been here sometime last March. And it is so bittersweet b/c I can't imagine life without Elias, but I can't help but wonder what may have been. Then of course I feel guilty. But anyway, I have a thing about even years since all my boys were born during one, so I can relate to that train of thought.

Not that we're on the TTC journey, but I can't stop thinking about how much I really do want a little girl. I love my boys and would be ecstatic to have another, but I feel like I'm missing a big something. Then I think, gosh would I be disappointed with another boy? And I felt awful b/c for a second I think I would Of course you guys know I wholeheartedly believe healthy baby, sex isn't important, but I would love a daughter someday. Maybe it's the shower I'm planning, and that miracle baby show I saw with 4 identical baby girls. Or maybe it's natural as a woman to want that kind of bond. I'm done rambling now.....

#11 of 75 Old 03-04-2009, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Elise OMGosh your girls are just beautiful!!! I love baby bellies Thanks for the sweet words, my favorite past time is snuggling Elias. I love the beach, too, it's always been a wonder for me and of course the kids love it. I've always dreamed of becoming a marine biologist/ichthyologist, but I credit that to my mom and Jacque Cousteau I can't speak from experience, but I think I agree with about just doing the morning/night nursing. Liam actually asked in the beginning if he could start nursing again and then decided that Elias needed mommy milk more than he did and I don't come in chocolate

#12 of 75 Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My little love Lucius just turned a month old on Monday and at last weigh in on Thursday is already 10 lbs. 9 oz. which is 2 lbs. 9 oz. above his birth weight.
#13 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 AM

Beautiful baby, kid and family pics, everyone!!
I can't believe how fast time is going. Happy Almost Spring!
Here is Will in his tub last week:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...tershampoo.jpg

He is such an engaging, personable little guy.

Amy - What did Athena do?? My Sally (3 1/2) was so naughty last weekend! I had an friend, her husband and her 2 daughters over; Sally was playing with the 4 year old and broke into her older sister's room, took 4 drawers of stuff and upended them on the floor of her room . . . in going through her sisters stuff, she found art supplies . . . some brightly colored poster paints which proved to be too much of a temptation. My friend and I walked into the room in time to see her emptying the last of the paint onto the floor- and all the stuff, sort of Jackson Pollack style. AAAaaahhh! It took quite a while to clean up. :

Mere - Elias is just so kissable!! And wow! Superbaby! His stats are about what Will was at 9 months. I love the beach picture. I can't wait for warmer weather, when Will is maybe toddling, and the kids and I can all go on a beach ramble. I'm totally done with this snowy weather.
Hugs to you and to Khao: anniversary dates, months when you think of what might have/should have been are hard.
And . . . I just have a feeling that there is pink in your future.

Here's another one of everyone:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...HSWreading.jpg

I'm glad AF came, Zona; I can imagine that was a relief!

Hi, D. Did you get to play in the snow, too?

Take care, Everyone!!

Em, married to J, Mama to K-17, H-14, S-8, her twin m/c @ 9 wks, my beautiful J.T. born still @ 38 wks due to an UCA 6-14-07 & Will born 5-7-08 - & Teddy 6-16-11 !!
#14 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi girls!

I am LOVING all the pictures!

Khaos - Such a beautiful family!
Mere - Elias is a CUTIE!!!
Elise - Your girls are gorgeous!
Bluewater - Those eyes! How adorable!

We've been having fun playing in the snow. I can't remember the last time we got this much - over 10 inches is the official report!

Willem is such a happy little guy and loves trying to engage us in "conversation". It cracks me up! He will make all these funny noises until we look at him or go over to him and then he just smiles this HUGE smile. When we talk to him he "talks" too. And his coos actually have syllables! There are some recent pics on our blog.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
#15 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 02:13 PM

Elise, that hair is AWESOME!

meredyth, I do the same thing and I have both sexes. That teeny amount of preference seems to peak its way in every time. But you know, coming from someone who grew up with all sisters, it was wonderful being in an all-the-same household. There is a small part of me that wishes I could have duplicated that with my own kids, either all girls or all boys. But I'm having too much fun to remember those feelings nowadays! .....ichthyologist, love that word....

mere and DID, you've both got some big kiddos there!

bluewatergirl, love the pics! I'll agree that his eyes are amazing. And as far as what Athena did, she was just a normal kid. Which makes me feel even worse for getting mad. I was trying to get some errands done and she was making things difficult. Whining, fussing and crying everywhere we went. I just hate being the mom that everyone stares at and thinks, can't you control your kid? : And on the flip side, she was great yesterday. We did a bunch of car stuff and she was stuck in a waiting room for 2 hours. Then I went to a meet-up with friends (none of which have kids) and was there for 2 and a half hours. She has her days.

Chesapeake, enjoy all that snow!!

#16 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Hi ladies,

Aiden has the Chicken Pox!!!
It's actually not so bad. Fiona probably won't get it (it's pretty unusual in the under 1 crowd) But it's pretty funny. All my friends are tring to decide if they want to come to a chicken pox party.

BWG your boy is such a cutie. Love those eyes.

Meredyth...With my 1st u/s with Fiona they told me she was a boy. I had all the same feelings as you do now. I think it's pretty natural. I'd be considering a 3rd too.
#17 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM

I have been trying since mid-morning to get this post typed...work is busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskat View Post
Ali has decided that she wants to cut some more teeth and make our sleep miserable.
khaoskat - We too are dealing with the teething issue at our house. Quinn's bottom 2 teeth are through but he is still fussing as though they hurt or maybe the top ones are starting to hurt. Your family is beautiful!

Meredyth - Elias is so cute I can relate with the girl thing. I didn't care what sex this baby was since it was my first. I got my little boy and I am overjoyed because he is healthy, happy and perfect. I will openly admit next time I want a girl. If the next is a boy we will probably have to rethink the idea of only 2 children so I can try for a daughter. I just adore my mom and want to have that kind of relationship with my daughter. I have had many moms tell me that they are very close with their grown boys though too. That is cute how Liam wanted to start nursing again...did you have a hard time weaning him?

Zona - YAY for AF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecaut View Post
Athena made me mad today. Also tried to get my oil changed and they canceled on me. However, Ambrose is taking the longest nap he's had in days. I guess it all evens out in the end sometimes.
Amy - Take the good with the bad

Elise - Riley is so sweet!! So is Brooke I know what you mean about Riley because I have been trying to absorb every minute of Quinn and he is my first child. I just feel like I am going to miss something if I blink or take mommy time away from him. He is growing so quickly. It makes me a little sad to know that he will never be my newborn baby again...does this make sense or am I nutty? I personally wouldn't let your toddler go back to nursing more. Quinn stopped nursing at night on his own and preferred to have his bottle of BM. Occassionally he will pull on my shirt and I may be a mean mommy but I haven't gone back to before bed nursings.

DID - Grow Lucius Grow!!!

bluewatergirl - Will is adorable! Quinn has that same ducky bathtub It is great! Your children are just lovely!

Me - Quinn is almost 8 months old already! Since everyone else motivated me to post, here are some new photos of him.

7 Month Picture

Tubby Time

With my Grandma (his sitter while I am at work) - He LOVES her!!

Going on a Road Trip

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#18 of 75 Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM

ChesapeakeBorn - I love the carseat pictures of Willem!

Christine - Poor Aiden! Hopefully he isn't too itchy!

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#19 of 75 Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 AM

Rachel, he's starting to look like a mini-you! Those glasses are adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
I just feel like I am going to miss something if I blink or take mommy time away from him. He is growing so quickly. It makes me a little sad to know that he will never be my newborn baby again...does this make sense or am I nutty?
I feel the same way. The time is just going so fast!

Christine, I think you should totally have a pox party. I bet you will have mamas driving for miles around. You'll have to tell us the farthest someone comes.

Me- Trying to give Athena some extra special time just in case her acting out is from her feeling neglected. We spent alone time together tonight and she told me all kinds of stuff. Like how she has 4 elbows on her hand (she means knuckles ). She shared her chocolate with Mom, one bite for each of us. It was so sweet.

Do any of you feel like you have reinvented yourself a little bit since your baby after loss was born? I feel like that.

#20 of 75 Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Rachel, he's starting to look like a mini-you! Those glasses are adorable
Do any of you feel like you have reinvented yourself a little bit since your baby after loss was born? I feel like that.
Amy - Quinn actually looks so much like I did at his age that it is scary! My mom jokes that he is my clone but with a 'pee-pee' I will have to scan one of my baby pictures to show you. That was cute about Athena I definitely feel like I treasure Quinn more because he was born after a loss. I realize better what a true little miracle he is and how lucky I am to have him in my life.

#21 of 75 Old 03-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
...Do any of you feel like you have reinvented yourself a little bit since your baby after loss was born? I feel like that.
I cannot tell you how much more intensely grateful I am for my children. I thought I was before, but my gratitude now is profoundly deeper than I ever thought possible. After several losses, I am in complete awe that my children are here, that they exist, that we were blessed with them. As a result, I have even more patience and I want to be with them always. Unfortunately, now that I realize how quickly something can be taken from you, I am also more fearful and anxious of something happening to them. But overall, good has come from something that was very painful.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
#22 of 75 Old 03-07-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I always feel so much better after reading here It's been a stressful couple of days. DH was in an accident. He's miserably sore, and the front end of his car has seen better days. But at least no motor damage was done and more importantly nobody was hurt. I'll be glad when the bikers go home!

Em Gosh, Will is gor-geous!!! All of your children are

Amy My mom wonders about why we have an expanding family since I was an only child. I love that we have all boys, it certainly makes things easier in most respects! Liam has his moments, too. And I'm at the point where some things don't bother me. Someone gave me that look at the grocery store one day and a sweet little old lady said "he's a kid, let him be a kid". Did my heart good to hear I think I may be more lenient with them now (not to the point of no boundaries though ) especially after losing one. I always worry b/c life can be taken away at any moment, so I try to just go with the flow more, or see what's good in everything.

Rachel Quinn is so handsome!!! He just looks like such a little man I had to wean Liam due to the methotrexate shot I had during my loss since they said it was ectopic and they were worried about a rupture. It's contraindicated to breastfeeding, and it was a sudden decision. There's nothing worse than losing a baby, and having to abruptly wean a 3 year old who had no intentions of stopping. That was such a difficult time But we got through it and we just do what we can.

Melissa Your Will is a doll, too I love car seat pics, too. I seem to have those on my phone.

Well, the boys are up and wanting breakfast, bbl!!!

#23 of 75 Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Rachel - Gosh, Quinn is sooo handsome! And he DOES look like you (although I see a smidgen of your DH too ). It is wonderful that you have your Grandma nearby to watch him while you work! I bet she loves every minute of it.

So, I left Willem for the first time today. DH surprised me with a facial at a nearby spa! Oh, it was just heavenly. DS doesn't take a bottle (though we haven't really tried too hard) so I just nursed him before my appointment and DH ran errands with the kiddos. I am so thankful that Willem is such an easy, happy baby. I never could have done that with DD who used to scream in the carseat!

#24 of 75 Old 03-07-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
Not that we're on the TTC journey, but I can't stop thinking about how much I really do want a little girl. I love my boys and would be ecstatic to have another, but I feel like I'm missing a big something. Then I think, gosh would I be disappointed with another boy? And I felt awful b/c for a second I think I would Of course you guys know I wholeheartedly believe healthy baby, sex isn't important, but I would love a daughter someday. Maybe it's the shower I'm planning, and that miracle baby show I saw with 4 identical baby girls. Or maybe it's natural as a woman to want that kind of bond. I'm done rambling now.....
Those are some of the exact same reasons I could never find out with Ali if she was a girl or a boy during the pregnancy. If it was a boy I would have been so sad, because I would have lost my only baby girl at the time, and I have always wanted a baby girl/daughter. If I had found out she was a girl, I would have been so nervous during the entire pregnancy, I was nervous as it was but it would have probably been 10 fold worse than I was.
#25 of 75 Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Hi all, not much of an update going on here. It has been so busy the past week. Nathan goes to Montisorri School, and they had a 2 day break for the teachers to go to the conference that turned into a 3 day break because the Airport they were going through (Atlanta) was closed due to the snow. Then he had 4 days of school this week, with one of them being a 1/2 day "field trip" on Friday. He has a 1/2 day field trip it seems at least every week since Christmas break. They did 5 weeks of ice skating (well actually 4, because one week feel on a snow day and they couldn't make it up). Last week they had a concert. This week started the first of five weeks of roller skating. I guess after Spring Break they are going to be Swimming for five or so weeks.

I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, but another good thing in March is that I got married this month (on the 4th) 9 years ago.

Even though we are starting to get warm weather, I need to go purchase ali a few more winter clothes, especially tops, because it is generally cold in the morning, and the shirts she has now, she is almost getting too tall for.

Melissa S.
#26 of 75 Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 PM

What great pictures

christine: I wish you were around the corner so to speak so I could cross chicken pox off the list ......

Me :AF SUCKS!!! no wonder I love being pg........

#27 of 75 Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lucius is having some health issues and I'm feeling exceptionally guilty.
#28 of 75 Old 03-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Hugs DiD I'm glad Lucius is feeling better after the RSV and I hope you can find what else is going on. Seizures would scare me too. I know it's easy for someone to tell you not to feel guilty and it really has no bearing on how you feel. I wish I could pluck all those guilty thoughts right out of your head. Don't think that way!!

#29 of 75 Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 AM

DID - I am so sorry. I hope everything works out and will keep you and your family and your little one in my thoughts and prayers.
#30 of 75 Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm so sorry DID. I hope in the very least you can get some answers. It's so hard.

Aiden is feeling better, but still has a chronic cough he's had all winter. I've been working way too hard. We've hire a Doc to help us with the practices this week. I can't wait.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page