Still Pregnant? Advice please... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-11-2009, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've only posted a few times to this section, but I'm really hoping you all can give me some advice. I'm sorry so long...

I have one babe, 2.5 yrs, and since then I've had two miscarriages. The last one was my last cycle. Now I am pregnant again, 8w, I saw the heartbeat at 6.5 weeks. I had horrible horrible morning sickness for about two weeks.

They told me at my first appointment that my progesterone is borderline low. This was at 7.5 weeks. I asked for a retest since the blood was taken when I was newly pregnant. I also had an exam and pap.

The next day I started spotting brown. I calmed myself, I knew that spotting after an exam is nothing to freak out about, and I let it go. For three days. Then I called the midwife and she told me my new progesterone results were still borderline. She said that I could take supplements, but at almost 8w, already spotting, it probably would not work. Also, things could be fine! my progesterone was not extremely low, it was borderline! Lets wait and see if anything changes.

I'm still spotting *very* light brown. I have been spotting now for over a week. Five days after I started spotting, my morning sickness got much better. It hasn't completely gone away, but settled into a much more manageable place where I can eat more things than before and function much better. I also have not seen any red blood, but I feel like I'm just waiting for it.

I'm in a really uncomfortable place right now. Nearing 9w, I should be feeling a little better...all of my losses were at 7w, and I'm past that! I saw a heartbeat! But I have this nagging feeling that something is wrong. This spotting is making me lose my mind! The uncertainty is starting to make me crazy. One second I'm bawling, sure I have a dead baby inside, and the next I let hope in, and I convince myself that this spotting is nothing.

I asked the nurse last time I talked to her if I could schedule an ultrasound to see if there were any problems, and she said no, because i had an ultrasound the week before. Should I call again on monday and demand one? Or switch office's?

Has anyone had lots of brown spotting over a long period of time and carried a healthy baby?
#2 of 5 Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 AM

I would go to the ER. They will usually do one. Then I would find another Dr.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#3 of 5 Old 07-11-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese_6773 View Post
I asked the nurse last time I talked to her if I could schedule an ultrasound to see if there were any problems, and she said no, because i had an ultrasound the week before. Should I call again on monday and demand one? Or switch office's?
If my Dr's office told me that, they would no longer be my Dr's office. What an incredibly insensitive thing to tell a pregnant mama, especially one who has just had a m/c!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese_6773 View Post
Has anyone had lots of brown spotting over a long period of time and carried a healthy baby?
I spotted on and off for several weeks with DD and with this baby. DD was fine and, so far, this babe is fine, also.

Did the doc offer you anything to increase your progesterone levels? Supplements, cream, something?

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#4 of 5 Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM

I've had spotting for a long time. It was almost always brown, but would turn pink when I overexerted myself. It didn't stop until I had an exam, which included a cervix check and the midwife swabbed the brown blood out at that time. Since then, I've been clear. As long as it's brown, I think you're ok. I will say that I've had u/s a week apart when it involved bleeding or spotting, so I definatley think you should be able to get one.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#5 of 5 Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM

With my third son (now nearly 2) I spotted brown to pink from weeks 5-9+ He had a low implantation, marginal not prevea, which moved up as the pregnancy progressed. I however had a very understanding ob office and had a ultrasound weekly with no fussing from them at all. After all a mama has to be able to breathe, right!?!?!?

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page