low progesterone 7 dpo, BFP today...is there still hope? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A question for you ladies who are pg

I had a m/c back in Dec 09, TTC ever since...now today a BFP...BUT...

I had my 1st appt with an ob/gyn to talk "infertility", the day of the appt I got my first positive on an OPK since the m/c. So we DTD and got my hormone levels checked 7 dpo. I heard back from the Dr today that my progesterone was low at 7 dpo--it was 6.1. I ALSO got a BFP today on a pregnancy test. Which sounds SO very exciting, except for that low progesterone level last week. Which leads me to ask if anyone else has had something similar? I went to have my progesterone and hcg checked today, I will know by tomorrow afternoon, but that feels like FOREVER. The Dr said that it's possible that the progesterone kicked in and there's no worries...but OF COURSE I'm worried! If anyone has insight or could share a story, it would be very appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 11:05 PM

When was the prog test taken in relation to the positive OPK? Was it 7 days after the OPK? If so, you might have only been 5dpo, and then it wouldn't be as worrisome, you know what I mean? The positive OPK just means you could ovulate within 12-48 hours.

Good luck!! I hope it's a sticky sticky baby!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#3 of 6 Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 PM

IMO, it's not helpful or hurtful. I don't think it gives you any information about the pregnancy success rate. It does mean you ovulated, but you already knew that - since you're pregnant.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#4 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd wait and see what the newer progesterone result is and go from there. Good luck!
#5 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses so far! I found out today that my progesterone was normal (16.9) and my hcg is looking good at 114. So now I take a blood test tomorrow to see if the numbers are increasing as they should. Knock on wood, it's good news so far. :-) I'm really torn between wanting to throw caution to the wind and celebrate this pregnancy--if this one does stick it'll be my last one and I don't want to let a moment go by without appreciating it. On the other hand--the miscarriage was more painful than I could have ever expected. I am also in self-protect mode. Which is where I think I'll stay until I have more security that this pregnancy may work.
#6 of 6 Old 07-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great news!

I know what you mean, I'm 30 weeks and still have a hard time getting excited, I'm so afraid of something going wrong. It is a lot easier now than it was in the beginning, though.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page