January ~ Babies, Toddlers and Pregnant mamas, too ~ After A Loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy 2011 :) Hoping this year brings peace and happiness to everyone ((hugs))  Hard to believe in July my little Bella Boo will be 1. I did a search on complications and risks after 4 c/s the other day, then thought WTH am I thinking lol. My SIL told us yesterday she's pg again, so happy news, but I couldn't help think about how easy her prior ones have been and felt bad afterward. I guess mixed emotions since Bella's our last, but I am so happy for her. And I wanted to ask you guys if it's just my older boys (8 & 6) or if all go through a phase of constant bickering? I'm ready to tie their legs together and force them to work things out one of these days! Anyway, hope everyone enjoys their weekend :)

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#2 of 21 Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 PM

subbing

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#3 of 21 Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Its a new year, I kind of like that...new start, ...

Meredyth - My older two are 7 and 5 (almost 8 and 6). They go through phases. When they are in an arguing phase, I create something for them to do separate from each other. They do play with each other all of the time so I think it is normal to be argumentative....there are always power struggles between the siblings just because one wants to play one thing and the other wants to play another. I don't like stepping in during those fights because I like for them to work it out themselves. If one is getting verbally dominated I will step up and offer a solution.

I have a ton of things that have to get done, yet I'm on MDC. Low motivation today....

D. proud Mom of H. E. M. and T. always remembering Norah (11/07 at 40 wks) and (10/06) see profile
#4 of 21 Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Meridyth and Namaste - mine are 7 and 5 (actually almost 8 and 6) and the two of them are constantly going at it....then my now 3 year old DD into the mix, and when the older two are not at it, the middle two are (5 - almost 6, and just turned 3)....

I have not posted much, but my little man has had many issues since his birth, including the fact my pediatrician refused to listen to me for almost a week about his projectile vomiting.

Now that we have the pyloric stenosis fixed; we have his GERD fairly well managed; 2 one week long stays at Children's Hospital; swallow difficulties....I think with the new year we have him fairly well managed and on the right track.  

I have gone through heck and high water to maintain a semblance of a nursing relationship, which now includes pumping and bottle feeding some of his feeds after they have been given increased calories to help with his issues.

#5 of 21 Old 01-04-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks D. Our eldest is just so laid back, but lately he has no tolerance for our 6 year old. And it's funny in a way b/c the 6 year old tries to be like him and it annoys the heck out of the eldest. Flattery I suppose. It just gets frustrating b/c they start to go at and have actually said some really hurtful things and it's not like my oldest, so we're trying to keep them from getting physical as it's come close on occasions. Then they'll be fine. I've been low motivation for the past couple days. You can always gauge it by the number of laundry baskets near the washer - I'm at 1.5 now lol!

Melissa - Good to see you. Glad to hear things are getting straightened out. Hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon.

RedJen - How are you doing? Have to check on you :)

Thinking of you all!

#6 of 21 Old 01-04-2011, 01:54 PM

hugs, melissa!  hoping your l.o. continues to do well!

we are here, but we are so busy.  on friday, natalie and amelia will be having surgery.  natalie is having her tonsils/adenoids out and millie is getting tubes in her ears.  i am nervous, but hopeful this will help with some of the sicknesses we've seemed to have since, oh, august! 

happy new year, all!

thinking of you, nicole!

oh, and meredyth, i CONSTANTLY think 'when we have the next one...' only to catch myself up short.  we are serious into buying a house right now and fixing my ruined financial situation, so MAYBE adoption in a few years. 

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#7 of 21 Old 01-06-2011, 07:19 PM

Hello all,

Happy New Year to everyone!

Meredyth - I am doing good.  Just tired and obsessed with food now, (actually just food that does not make me want to hurl LOL!)  I feel like a newborn, all I want to do is sleep and eat and not puke.  I have a 8 yr old and an almost 6 yr old and they bicker and fight constantly.  I generally have to get them to do other things or have one of them play with their oldest brother (who is almost 11).  I know it is a phase and they do really love one another.  The younger one just constantly annoys the older one on purpose!

Hi D - hope you are good too!!!  Good luck, sending some motivation vibes your way.  I need some to get these decorations away!!

Jen - Good luck with the surgeries for the girls.  The Tonsils/adenoids will change your life for the better!  Michael (our oldest) was a Strep carrier and had it all the time.  He got his out and he has not been sick as much and even his asthma is so much milder.  All three of the older guys had their tonsils and adenoids removed for different reasons and it really has helped.  Just stock up on popsicles and cold stuff.

Congrats on the house! 

Take care all!!!  Have a great weekend:)

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#8 of 21 Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 AM

Red Jen - reading your description of being pg makes me glad that it is not me. How far along are you now?

Booby Jen - Hope the surgeries go well (((HUGS))) it is hard to have little ones who need to do that

Meredyth - me too on the low motivation

Melissa - sorry that this has been such an issue. Just remember that you are doing the best for your baby that you can. Is the swallowing problem something he will grow out of or will he always have it?

Hope everyone is doing fine in the post-Holiday world. I worked through the holidays because of a bunch of deadlines I had. MIL was with us so it was best for me to maintain a place to hide -- my work.

D. proud Mom of H. E. M. and T. always remembering Norah (11/07 at 40 wks) and (10/06) see profile
#9 of 21 Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM

D- I shouldn't complain, I am really blessed, it is just hard to be so tired.  I will be 13 weeks on Wednesday. 

hope work is going good for you! 

Jen - how did everything go for the girls??? 

Take care all and enjoy the day!  We are going to get snow tomorrow.

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)

#10 of 21 Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 PM

Red Jen - I don't think you are complaining at all....just the normal pregnancy stuff. I'm happy to be on the sidelines watching though. I'm done.

We had two snow days in a row and then I went to Houston for 2 days. Eli is turning 6 in a couple of days so we are having a little party. I'm exhausted and looking forward to some sleep tonight. Be kind to me Tyson.

#11 of 21 Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 PM

D - hope you got some sleep.  Jack has decide that it is really cool to wake up at 2:50 am and want to get up.  Between me and DH we try to get him to go back to sleep.  I think he is getting new teeth.

Hope Tyson let you sleep and Happy Birthday to Eli!!!!  Christian is going to be 6 on Tuesday:)  We have not decided what we are gooing to do other than dinner and a ckae for Sunday night with the Grandparents.

Have a good weekend:) 

Take care!!

#12 of 21 Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 AM

Hi everyone! love.gif

Haven't been on here or posted much over the past year . . . .

I'm glad to "see" familiar faces & read everyone's posts.

I'm pregnant w/ my 2nd rainbow, and finding MDC again a

source of reassurance & comfort.

Meredyth, I think the bickering comes & goes . . . sometimes

it's my 13 & 11 year olds (girl & boy), sometimes my 5 & 2.5 year olds (same),

usually over toys or personal space and rarely physical, so as much as I can

stand to, I try to let them work it out, giving guidance when necessary.

D. we also had 2 snow days, which threw off our schedules . . . kids had lots of

fun in the drifts, though. Hope T. let you sleep & E. has a wonderful day!

Me - 16 weeks today and feeling quite a bit of movement.

Tried to find out gender at appt a few days ago, but whoever it is wouldn't cooperate.

Having finished my M.Ed. & student teaching just before the holidays, I'm interviewing

for a long-term sub position next week, looking very pregnant, even tho my EDD's not 

until early July. smile.gif

Em, married to J, Mama to K-17, H-14, S-8, her twin m/c @ 9 wks, my beautiful J.T. born still @ 38 wks due to an UCA 6-14-07 & Will born 5-7-08 - & Teddy 6-16-11 !!
#13 of 21 Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey mamas!  I haven't been around much, I hope you're all doing well.

Finn is 3 months old now!  Goes so fast, he's a giggly, drooly mess, I love it.

The other week we were driving by the cemetery where Dominic is buried and dd1 was pointing it out to her sisters, telling them to wave and say hi.  Sweet, but sad...it makes me sad to think that I wouldn't have Finn if I hadn't lost Dominic :(  I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that.

Mere, my 5 and 2 year old are always at it!  The 2 year old is almost 3, and the 5 year old is a little delayed, so developmentally they're fairly close in age.  They can be so sweet one minute and the next minute they're beating the crap out of each other.  Drives me nuts!  Oh, and a friend of mine has had 6 c/s and no problems, so you never know!  I know we'll have more, and I've had 3 c/s now, it makes me nervous, but still you know, more likely to go good than bad, I guess.

khaoskat, sorry to hear about all the trouble with your little guy :(

#14 of 21 Old 01-17-2011, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Em! So good to see you and hear how well things are :) Congrats on your degree and position!

Jen - Eli is going through this phase of not napping but magaing to stay up until 11:00 and later. His record is 1:30am - and on a school night just stinks lol. Sometimes I find myself thinking it will be gone soon, then I think Bella will do it, too :)

Katie - Good to see you, too! I know how you feel, had I not lost our baby Eli wouldn't be here, and he is amazingly smart and sweet. It's so tough to dwell on. I have to say, after having 4 c/s, the surgery itself was a breeze, but the recovery was very hard this time for me. It wasn't pain from the surgery, but the nursing after pains were brutal. That lasted almost a week which is super long for me and I think about what another one might be like. DH and I were talking the other day and I said I really felt like we were complete now that Mighty B is here :) I don't have that baby urge I did after Eli, and I feel more like I'm looking forward to the next chapter, especially as the kids get older. Could be I was waiting for a girl, you guys know how much I thought of that :)

#15 of 21 Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Hi all. Little one is giving me fits still.  Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

DH started back to work this week out of town, so I am basically a single parent to 4 kids.  He has been home so long with Thanksgiving shutdown of the project, his Grandmother passing away right before Thanksgiving, with funeral the week after, and Christmas shutdown, that he has my routine all screwed up.

Other than Little guy not sleeping last night, today was not too bad, with the fact all kids were home due to MLK day.

D - I am so glad I am not the only one who needs a place/space to hide from my MIL.  I know she and her husband mean well, but they can be infuriating.

I am finally getting my house cleaned up from hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas at my house, and having the kids home for two weeks over the break...and hubby home for all that time as well.  

I have Help Me Grow in the morning, and on Wednesday I have Home Health Care to do our bi-weekly weight checks.  Please keep fingers crossed he has had a weight gain.

#16 of 21 Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 PM

hi all!  the girls did great!  thanks for the well wishes!

congrats bluewatergirl!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#17 of 21 Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Jen - Awesome news!!!! 

#18 of 21 Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM

Congratulations Em!!  What wonderful news!  joy.gif

Hello to everyone else as well and I apologize for the following, down post.  I had the most horrible dream last night and it bothered me so much.  I don't know why something bad happens and I come here to post.  I guess this is where I have shared so many bad feelings, huh?  I dreamed Ambrose got away from me in a Mall.  At first I wasn't worried, but I started looking for him and couldn't find him.  I got more and more frantic.  And then I couldn't see him but I could hear him saying softly, "I hurt, Mommy" over and over.  I woke up then... that dream has haunted me all day.  I don't know how to get it out of my head.  It was the last part where he was saying I hurt, mommy that did something to me.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#19 of 21 Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Amy that's awful (((hugs))) I lways tend to have nightmares about the kids drowning, so I'm a total hindrance at the pool. Lately I've had dreams about Bella being in the hospital close to dying and they're so unnerving, the cries so real. Liam's our wanderer and we've lost him 3 times due to it. Thank goodness he was okay, but it scares the heck out of you. I know it's un-MDC, but I bought him one of those monkey harnesses and it helped. Anyway I'm rambling now, but know how you feel and I think it makes us that much more aware, so strangely something good comes out of the awful.

#20 of 21 Old 01-28-2011, 03:55 AM

Well I'm finally back in Spain after Christmas in the UK, my dad's internet went down on the 17th Dec so I've been so cut off. Not a good time to be cut off. We did a balloon release for Isabel on Christmas day, we celebrate her birthday rather than the other days. Brain activity stopped on the 6th Jan and that's when we last saw her moving and reactiving to us so I think of that as when my daughter went, then the 15th was when the organ donation occurred so that's officially when the life support was turned off. Anyway the balloon release ws lovely but so so hard to do. I managed to fake it around Leo, no idea how. So he didn't see me upset but I did have my moments. For some reason for the second year running my parents didn't say a word on Christmas day, I mean seriously it's pissing me off big style. My mum even came out to see us after Isabel was born so she did meet her and spent a few days with her. Yeah OK so they're probably allworried about upsetting me and all that, but I just want them to say something.

My friend who's parents live accross from mine was due a trimester before me and also had a girl who was also 6lb. On Christmas day I looked across and at one point the whole family was dancing around together. I'm not ashamed to admit I hated them for that happyness and a full family without gaps. They were all together and all enjoying Christmas.

Anyway I have loads to sort out and catch up on so this will be short (short for me anyway!)

We got a photo shoot done finally. After seeing everyone's NILMDTS photos I always wished we'd known to take loads of nice photos when we had the chance. So I had in my head that I should get some proper shots of Leo done, but I've always tried to do it a bit too late and just not got round to it, it was just that mental block type thing, maybe a bit hair shirt complex because we could never do it with Isabel. The album is here. I'll put up some others later on, the second lot show more of a little knitted bear that I'm going to put in with Isabel's ashes.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#21 of 21 Old 01-28-2011, 09:56 PM

Beautiful pictures!  I think my favorite is the outside one of you looking at Leo.  You can see so much love in that gaze.  stillheart.gif 

I'm sorry your parents weren't there for you.  greensad.gif

Also coincidentally, I just finished, not even an hour ago, one of those tiny knitted bears too.  Did you use the Little Cotton Rabbits pattern?  One of my friends has her little girl's birthday this weekend and she would have been 4 years old if she had lived.  So I'm going to give my friend a teeny bear as her daughter's gift.  I love the idea of putting it in with Isabel's ashes.  I would love to do that too but I've always been afraid to open Calliope's urn.  I might do it one day if I get up the nerve.

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page