Mothering Forum banner

Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" thread - Nov. 2011

9K views 421 replies 28 participants last post by  cameragirl 
#1 ·
This is the November pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "hoping, healing & conceiving again" threads. We have had a BFP explosion, and we have old friends a bit further along. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamma's like us. Compare BETA results, and our prenatal screens and finally show off our scans and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD, and I'll update regularly.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
dust.gif

Vermillion - ? weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 child in heaven - EDD - December 2011 - Team
stork-boy.gif

Milly_P - 34 weeks and expecting baby #6, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 9 January 2012 - Team
stork-girl.gif

hildare - ? weeks and expecting baby # 4, 2 children in heaven - EDD - February 2012

Cameragirl - 25 weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 11 March 2012 - Team
stork-boy.gif

Loveandlight33 - ? weeks and expecting baby # 4, 1 baby loss - EDD - mid - March 2012

snadaska - 21 weeks, EDD - 6 April 2012

Ekandrmkb - 20 weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 child in heaven, EDD - 12 April 2012

Callieollie - 16 weeks, EDD - 13 May 2012

TandN - 15 weeks, EDD - 17 May 2012

Khylie2011 - 12 weeks and expecting baby #2, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 2 June 2012

Slshoe128 - 13 weeks and expecting baby # 2, 7 children in heaven, EDD - 3 June 2012

CorgiMommy - 13 weeks and expecting baby #4, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 5 June 2012

Thecountrymouse - 12 weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 10 June 2012

3surfboys - 9 weeks and expecting baby #4, 1 child in heaven - EDD 30 June 2012

maxnmaizy - 8 weeks and expecting baby #6, 3 children in heaven - EDD 4 July 2012

diana_of_the_dunes - 6 weeks and expecting baby #5, 3 children in heaven - EDD 19 July 2012

In our thoughts...

MatushkaAnna
ribbonpb.gif

zubeldia
ribbonpb.gif

Milk8Shake
ribbonpb.gif

Rainy Daye
ribbonpb.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for being thread-keeper! I'm 8 weeks now.

#3 ·
Thanks for being threadkeeper CG! I am 20 weeks. I think Corgi updated the weeks on Mondays so she must've been too under the weather to do it yesterday.

How was the meet n greet today rainey?

Corgi, so glad you had a great ultrasound!

MAnna, if you don't hear a hb with the doppler don't freak out, I know some people catch them at 9 or 10 weeks, but most people don't. I just don't want you to give yourself another reason to worry. :)

My back is really bothering me these days. My upper back near my shoulder blade, it cuts right through to under my breast. I have plenty more to say to everyone else, just in so much pain right now I can't think of anything. Hope all is well with everyone.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveandlight33 View Post

My back is really bothering me these days. My upper back near my shoulder blade, it cuts right through to under my breast. I have plenty more to say to everyone else, just in so much pain right now I can't think of anything. Hope all is well with everyone.
Ouch! Any chance you can see a chiropractor? Getting adjusted usually helps with the rigid muscles I have in that area. Heat may help, too. It is okay to use a heating pad for a little while.

Btw - Thank you, CG!

#6 ·
So I went to the meet and greet appointment with the nurse midwife group this afternoon and my husband was able to meet me there. It sounds good and DH even got to see a birthing room and was impressed...so I will be calling tomorrow to set up my first real appointment. I am anxious to hurry and get in and get things checked out. Just before the appointment I went to the bathroom there and had some spotting that was pinkish-red. So far, except for today and this past Sunday morning, all my spotting was just brown...so that was a bit nerve-wracking. But they did tell me at the appointment today that once I'm in their system they will most likely have me meet with a perinatologist soon because of my history of miscarriage....so hopefully soon I'll know if I'm over-reacting and the spotting is normal or they can figure out what's causing it and work on fixing it.

#7 ·
I just realized (blaming the hormones) that I can figure the weeks for most of them. I just need updates for those that haven't listed an EDD.
smile.gif

Good luck with the perinatologist, Rainey. I was freaked out when I had to see my perinatologist, thinking they'd risk me out of the birth I wanted. (Well, the best I could get in this circumstance.) I ended up really liking the doctor, and both my husband and I left feeling like we were in good hands. I'm glad you found a midwife and birthing center that you like! I'd go that route if I could. Maybe next time.
smile.gif

#9 ·
Camera- I'm 9 weeks - My EDD is June 3rd, can you also edit me for expecting BABY #2...the number of losses are correct, but I don't want to look like I have 9 children....I don't think of it that way:)

Did you guys know that Corgi started another thread as well? I will post on her thread and let her know about this one:)

#10 ·
Rainey
hug.gif
I hope the spotting stops really soon. Its a fear on my mind constantly, especially since it started at this point with my m/c.

Corgi - Yay for a great scan!

loveandlight - I'm sorry your back is hurting, feel better soon!

Hi everyone - just a quick update for me. I finally called the midwife's office. My first prenatal won't be until Nov 28 which seems like AGES from now. But, she did want me to come in for a viability u/s next week on tuesday! Eeek. I'm nervous about it. I want to get past the point of my last m/c - which would be the middle of next week. My dh is irritating me once again, because when I told him about my appointments, he said "aren't you jumping the gun?" thinking that I was going in too soon (for the u/s) - with my previous pregnancies, I never went in before 8, 10 or 12 weeks, so I see why he thinks this, but I also would rather be told sooner than later that the pregnancy is not viable. UGH.

Camera - you can add me to the list, I suppose. I am 5 weeks, 4 days and my edd is June 30. This is baby #4 (with one early loss in July 2011).

#11 ·
Hi, found you! Thanks Cameragirl, could you change my due date to 5 June 2012.

Otherwise all is going well, jus very busy as it is really the season for parties and cakes and I am turning them out one after the other. i am still picking up weight by the buckeets, but from tomorow things are going to change around here - I need to get it under controll. My breasts are HUGE and heavy and I can't dare do anything without a bra on!

#12 ·
I had another appointment today. I am dehydrated and lost 5 more lbs. We tried to find the heart beat with the doppler, but it didn't work. I have another appointment in about two weeks. The vomiting has been so bad that my voice is now hoarse. I am going to try zofran again.

I'm kind of thinking of doing the nuchal screening. Just kind of thinking about it. But I probably won't. I really feel like everything is fine.

3surfboys- I understand wanting to get an ultrasound right away. That is what I did, and what a lot of us did on this thread.

Hope you all are hanging in there! -thecountrymouse

#13 ·
Hi guys - found you over here, great!

Not much for me to report - I believe I'm 16.5 weeks now? i always get confused about it, don't know why. Also, i realized that my EDD listed is really a "guess" because - get this - I NEVER ACTUALLY ASKED my doctor. I knew I would want to base the date on my u/s, and I think I'm so shell shocked from last time, it's better I don't even have an EDD emotionally? At least at the time. Now DH is pestering me about it, so when I go back on on 11/11 (my next appt), I'll have to remember to ask, "so, when am I due, exactly?". Makes me feel a little silly.

countrymouse - I SO hope you start feeling better - that's a lot of weight to lose early on. I've had no experience with zofran but anything that can help at this point. Yike. Hang in there.

Corgi - glad you are feeling pretty well. I have to say, I'm glad I don't live in South Africa, I'd be tracking you down to eat some cake! I am craving sugar by the handful.

3surfboys - hi! I know what you mean about your DH - mine is so laid back about appointments, while I'm wanting to be there all the time to check up on things. It's so different when it's happening to you physically. I hope your scan next week is awesome.

Stacey - 9 weeks, yay!

cameragirl - thanks for starting this thread. I'm glad you are in a good place re: your doctor. That was SO important to me...

...and Rainey - sounds like YOUR place will work out well too. I'm thinking of you regarding the spotting, that can be scary. There can also be so many reasons for it. Do you have any pain/cramps too? Anyway, I hope they figure out what's going on soon.

loveandlight - 20!!! You are halfway there! I'm so jealous. :) However, I hope you get some relief for your back - if this pg is anything like the last one, I may have that kind of pain to look forward to. I'm going to try to nip it in the bud by swimming more (if I ever find time) - it worked for me when pg with DS1.

MAnna - Hi! i liked what you said about November in the other thread. I'm glad you are here (and everyone else too). I'm still waking up every day going, "well, it seems I'm still pregnant today". What fun the PAL path is.

AFM - not much to report except getting fatter. Don't know if it's just the pg growth, or if it's because I can't seem to stop eating. I also have been VERY unmotivated to work out - it's one of the last "nicer" fall days around here, so I think I might take a walk away from work shortly. I was going to go to the gym, but I just can't get THAT motivated. Sigh. Tonight we meet with our grief counselor, it's been almost a month - I SO need it. My stress is crazy. It's mostly job-related since I'm in the 2nd trimester now and there's not much to do - no appt. until next week, and no ultrasound until December 5th...so it's the "what am I doing with my life" kind of stress. I think it is from the knowledge that in another universe, I would not be pg again and would be getting to the point (with an almost 8 month old) where I could go start doing work in theatre again, rehearsing nights and staying home with my 2 on weekdays. That idea, now, is shot...I'm hoping I can get back to it but see my peers (late 30s) who are really soaring in their acting careers and I'm feeling left behind. So, a little bummed about it. Halloween was great though - and I told some people in our building (we have a condo) that I was pregnant. One woman who has a 2 year old who we hang out with occasionally said, "funny that..." and told me she's 20 weeks! If she goes with her plan of almost due date c-section (she most likely has to due to her last c, although she MIGHT do vbac), and I do elective c-section (almsot 95% sure after what happened last time) at say, 39 weeks, we'd have 2 that are 3 weeks apart! It was nice to talk to her because she has understood our loss in a lot of ways, very, very, well. We'll probably visit again soon.

And, DS1 was cute in a way - at school at pick up he tried to "flop" around and I was bending to try to get him up and had some of those ligament twinges that HURT. So, i told him he needed to help me and stand because it was a little hard on me...and he shouted to the class, "I'm having a BABY!". A little funny, slightly embarrasing in front of 2 teachers and a bunch of 3 year olds; but he had such joy. It was nice to see.

Anyway, too long a message - got to go. Hope everyone's upcoming appointments go well!

#15 ·
Hey!!! I heard the heartbeat!!! My sister sent the doppler which arrived this afternoon and it only took me a few minutes to find it. I calculated the rate on the stopwatch function on my phone and it was 172.
joy.gif

#18 ·
Camera- Thanks:) I'm sure you have a million dates and numbers in your mind, so no worries:) Thanks for being threadkeeper too:)

MAnna- That's awesome..also, I know it's a total myth, but that heart rate could = girl:)

Rainey- How are you? Did the spotting stop? When can you get in for an u/s? Glad your meet and greet went well. I'm jealous bc we have an awesome birthing center less than 10 minutes from our house, but it's not an option for me. They said they would have to deliver me at the hospital because I'm considered high risk with my history and the fact that I would be a VBAC on top of it..oh well, I guess the goal is have a healthy baby, right:) I like my OB, so I guess it a good thing anyway:)

AFM- Not much to report, I feel like I've been able to eat a little bit more the past couple of days, so I guess that's good. Nausea is still there and I want to sleep all day, but hey I'll take it:) I know when I was prego with DD I started to feel better around 11 weeks, so I can see the light:) I will be 10 weeks on Saturday:) If all is good with my u/s on Friday, I MAY order a doppler..can't decide.

#19 ·
So I called this morning and I now have my first appointment next Thursday...which will put me one day further along than when I finally passed Paisley (I was at nine weeks and three days when Paisley passed). Crazy thing is that the date of my first appointment for this baby is the should-have-been due date for Riley. I think once I'm past the milestones of all but Paisley's due date (March 13th) then I will be able to breathe easier. I am waiting to announce online (except for obviously this group and the MDC June DDC) until after Thanksgiving though. Most people I know from church and local friends and neighbors know...and I assume that a lot more relatives will know after a family reunion next weekend (November 12th).

The spotting went back to brown after that one time yesterday and the last time I went to the bathroom today it was almost non-existent...so that's good. I've also done some googling and think that since this has been only just a little bit and off and on pretty much since my BFP that it's probably not as scary a thing as with Paisley (which started at 7 weeks and 5 days with no previous spotting at all and only got more and redder until the baby was gone). My mom also told me that she had spotting with one of my brothers off and on almost the whole pregnancy (of course, this is the brother that she almost lost twice...so I don't know how reassuring she turned out to be)!!

#20 ·
Oh, not sure I mentioned this before, but there seems to be a couple people confused a bit on where I'd be delivering. I would actually be delivering in hospital assisted by a nurse-midwife. This hospital is known all over the area though as being the most baby-friendly and natural-birth friendly hospital. Baby always rooms in unless there are complications with baby's health (and then baby would be in the NICU literally right around the corner from the birthing suites). They are all about skin-to-skin contact and breastfeeding right away and said that IF the baby needed to go to the nursery for some reason it wouldn't be till a couple hours after birth to give the baby that nursing and bonding with mom time right away. Two of the birthing suites have tubs that can be labored in and they will be acquiring a portable birthing tub next month as well as them having birthing balls and stools. They even encourage the moms who are laboring to get out and walk the hallways if that helps them labor (and they have portable monitoring so even if you are being monitored you can still get out and walk). They will let you have as natural of a birth as you want and encourage you to make a birthing plan...but will give you an epidural if you so desire as well (which I may chicken out of a totally natural birth, since I had an epidural that had half worn off when I had Bug and even that was PAINFUL).

Anyway, we were rather impressed as it seems the best of both worlds...a very natural way to give birth if we want it...but in a hospital just in case there are complications like last time!!

#21 ·
Rainey: That sounds wonderful! I'm so jealous because I am living in the stone-age state (Mississippi) where the c-section rate is HIGH and there's no natural anything. I will be fighting every step of the way. Would anyone think it too awful if I just wait a little too long at home, take necessary supplies in the car, and either accidently-on-purpose not make it to the hospital before birth or get there so late they can't do anything? I'm not scared of delivering on my own. My last would have been a homebirth if he had lived.

#22 ·
DH and I just finished making a TON of jelly, and saved the leftover infusion for freezing to use another time. We made infusions of pineapple sage leaves, pineapple sage flowers, and lemon balm. The sage flowers turned out a beautiful red, and tasted tart and fruity. The lemon balm tasted like lemons and honey. The pineapple sage...well, I had DH water the plants with it. I showed DH the recipe and how to tell if the jelly is ready, and had him do the measuring and stirring. I was on the other side ladling and getting the lids on, then making sure they were sealed. It actually worked out pretty well, and I got a lot more made than I would have by myself. Standing on the kitchen floor irritated my back issue, so I'm resting before I make some potato soup for dinner.

#23 ·
Hello, I'd like to jump in here. I am 5 weeks one day pg, EDD July 4th. I have two children ages 11 and 9, this will be the first bio-child for my husband (we were married July 20th). I have had three miscarriages over the last year. Last Nov. at 6 weeks, March at 10 weeks, and July at 6 weeks. I do not have health insurance, but do have a midwife. Planning on a homebirth, universe willing we make it that far.

I've been very exhausted and having waves of nausea all day. Cramping, which worries me. Just wish I could sleep through the next 7 weeks.

Jennifer

#24 ·
Welcome, Jennifer! I'll add you to the list.

I almost forgot! We have our hospital tour this Saturday. We missed the last one because of my IgG infusion, and I'm looking forward to this tour. We saw a little of the family birth center when we took DD to the "Little Helpers" class, but it'll be nice to see the full tour.

#25 ·
Rainey- That hospital sounds a lot like the one here:) I'm glad you found a great place. Can't wait to hear about your u/s next week:)

Jennifer- Welcome:)

Camera- Your jelly sounds yummy!

AFM- Only about 24 hours until my u/s tomorrow.....it's at 11am tomorrow.

#26 ·
Welcome, Jennifer! I remembered you from the "waiting to be ready" list.

Stacey: Can't wait to hear how your u/s goes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.