Expecting our Rainbow Babies - May 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the May 2012 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "hoping, healing & conceiving again" threads. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD, and I'll update at the start of each week.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Congratulations!! :joy

Slshoe128 - Welcomed baby Kinzley Hope 27 May 2012 :girlbaby

cristeen - welcomed Ezri Almara born 26 May 2012 :boybaby

CorgiMommy - Welcomed baby Sean 21 May 2012 babyboy.gif

Callieollie - Welcomed baby Emma May 5 2012  :girlbaby

Snadaska- Welcomed a baby girl April 8 2012  :girlbaby

Ekandrmkb- Welcomed baby Penelope born 4 April 2012 :girlbaby

Loveandlight33 - welcomed a baby boy born 23 March 2012 babyboy.gif

Remark71- welcomed baby Scott Edward 13 March 2012 babyboy.gif

Cameragirl - welcomed baby Avery Reed born 5 March 2012 babyboy.gif
hildare - welcomed baby Caoimhin Buck born 7 February 2012 :boybaby

Expecting:dust

Khylie2011 - 39 weeks and expecting baby #1, 1 child in heaven - EDD - 2 June 2012 :storkgirl

thecountrymouse - 38 weeks and expecting baby #2, 1 miscarriage. EDD - 10 June 2012 stork-boy.gif

3surfboys - 35 weeks and expecting #4 - one miscarriage - EDD 30 June 2012 :storkgirl

maxnmaizy - 35 weeks and expecting baby #6, 3 children in heaven - EDD 4 July 2012  :storkgirl

nicolemarie - 33 weeks - EDD 15 July 2012

diana_of_the_dunes - 32 weeks and expecting baby #5, 3 babies in heaven - EDD 19 July 2012 stork-girl.gif

cygknit - 32 weeks and expecting baby #1, 1 loss - EDD 21 July 2012 stork-girl.gif

soul-o - 26 weeks and expecting baby #12, 6 children in heaven - EDD 29 August 2012  stork-suprise.gif

evillager - 23 weeks and expecting baby #2, 1 miscarriage - EDD 10 September 2012  stork-girl.gif

zejh - 21 weeks, 3 losses - EDD 7 October 2012 stork-girl.gif

zubeldia - 21 weeks and expecting baby #2,  2 miscarriages- EDD 11 October 2012  stork-boy.gif

Gemmine - 17 weeks and expecting baby #1, I loss - EDD 4 November 2012

Wendylynn - 17 weeks, expecting #2, 3 losses - EDD 7 November 2012

Greenmamato2 - 16 weeks and expecting baby # 3, 3 children in heaven - EDD 8 November 2012

RoseRedHoofbeats - 12 weeks, one four year old daughter, two babies in heaven - EDD 10 December 2012 with twins (!!)

stegenrae - 11 weeks, expecting baby #3, 1 loss - EDD 15 December 2012

Harmony96 - 9 weeks, expecting baby #4, one child in heaven - EDD 27 December 2012

AmBam - 7 weeks, expecting baby #1, 3 losses, EDD 12 Jan 2013

autumngrey - 7 weeks, expecting baby #1, one child in heaven, EDD 17 January 2013

In our thoughts...

thecoffeebean :ribpb

MatushkaAnna :ribpb
Milk8Shake :ribpb
Rainy Daye :ribpb

MegEliz :ribpb

Babycatcher :ribpb

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Diana, can you put me up there? (and thanks for starting May's thread)

Harmony96, expecting baby #4, one child in heaven, EDD 12/27/12

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#3 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM

We told our moms today, finally. lol.gif: I sat there in anxious anticipation as Tim called his mom. I wasn't nervous for THAT conversation, but wanted to have something positive first to give me a little energy before calling my mom and potentially getting "chastised" by her, lol. My anxiety increased as Tim passed the phone to DD and to DS just to let them chat about random stuff and say hi to Grandpa, too. I wanted to hurry up and get MY call overwith and this long conversation was NOT helping. LOL.

Anyway. His mom was super excited. orngbiggrin.gif Tim started the call and told her that he was sorry, but we wouldn't be able to do any traveling to see them for Thanksgiving or Christmas. His mom wondered if we were having financial difficulties, lol. We told her no, but that we just weren't going to travel b/c of Andrea's current condition. Then his mom was all, "WHAT condition??!??" LOL. It was great. She was so excited and happy and kept saying, "Oh my goodness!" lol.

I called my mom after Tim hung up with his, and it wasn't the horrible experience I imagined it would be, LOL. We said hi and stuff and then she asked something like what's on my to-do list for today. I said one of my items was going on right now, to call you and let you know I'm having a baby around New Year's. She wasn't as overly excited as Tim's mom was, but she was happy. She said that she would act surprised, but that everyone was expecting this, LOL.

#4 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Thanks Diana! Could you change my tag to say due 12/10/12 with twins?

Okay. Lemme try and sum up the past couple of days...

The ultrasound went very well. There was some drama because they were running super super behind (I didn't get seen until almost an hour and a half after my original time) but I had one of my doula friends with me and that helped.

So as soon as she started the scan, I saw the two sacs, but I am terrible at reading ultrasounds. My doula told me that the tech asked me, if I'd had an ultrasound yet with these babies yet, but I totally didn't pick up on it and just said no, this was my first one, to check for a heartbeat. She started by checking my tubes and ovaries and I was soooo tense, I was shaking. She finally went back to my uterus and said, "Okay, here are your babies, you've got two in there!" I nearly grabbed her by the throat and demanded, "DO YOU SEE A HEARTBEAT???" and she told me she did! I started sobbing and she kept doing measurements and stuff. Baby A measures 8 weeks, only two days off from my calculated due date, and had a heart rate of 153. Baby B measures 8w3d and had a heart rate of 167. I think they are fraternal- I had that weird ovulation pattern and it would not surprise me if I dropped two eggs. My grandmother was a fraternal twin.

A homebirth is now off the table. I went into preterm labor with my daughter, and liscensed midwives cannot attend a twin birth here. There is one DEM midwife who does, but I met with her when I was pregnant with Spring and really did not care for her. But I can still use the CNMs up at the hospital, and I have an appointment with the head of maternal-fetal medicine, who came highly recommended and is well known for doing VBACs and vaginal breech and vaginal twins on the 25th, and get another ultrasound then.

I am really happy they are both okay. I am. But. I am not entirely thrilled about this development. And a LOT of my friends and my entire family are being completely asinine about it. If I have these babies, this makes this my last pregnancy for sure ever at all, the end. No homebirth, ever. No more babies. If I end up with a c-section, no VBAC. We weren't planning on having a third anyway. Our cars are paid off and there's no way we can fit three carseats across either of them, even with Radians, so we'll have to buy a minivan. My house only has three bedrooms, and my daughter and stepdaughter are already doubling up. We owe more than twice what it is worth and cannot foreclose because the loan is from a good friend of my husband's, who loaned it to us out of his retirement. For us to foreclose would be to basically steal over $100,000 from him. In four or five years we might be able to move, and we can squeeze until then, but people keep asking me and asking me when we're going to move and just keep being SHOCKED that I can't. And the next person to be all OH MINIVANS ARE GREAT THEY HAVE XBOX AND HDTV AND REAR VIEW CAMERAS IT'S LIKE A ROCKETSHIP is going to get punched in the teeth. I am not getting that kind of minivan, if we can get one at all- I'll end up with some 1982 piece of crap that gets 5 miles to the gallon. What we'll probably end up doing is just caravanning it in my car and my husband's for the first little bit. Unless my in-laws decide to buy me a car, which I really doubt. My roof needs replacing, and I have to somehow figure out a way to heat my house without using the woodstove, because I don't think I can keep up with it with two newborns (I have a small stove and it needs pretty constant reloading).

And before I can even worry about that, I have to GROW these kids. I know I've lost weight, and I am still really, really sick. I'm going to just ask now about a nasalgastric tube because I lost weight until I was 20 weeks with my daughter and that CANNOT HAPPEN with twins. I have to fit twins in my tiny tiny body. If I make it to 30 weeks without going on bedrest it'll be a miracle. If I make it to 36 weeks I am throwing a party. I am scared to death of NICU time, I will NOT cope with that well and they'll probably call CPS on me after I snap and do skin to skin no matter what they say.

I am FREAKING THE HELL OUT over how in the hell I am going to parent twins, assuming we even bring them both home, which I am not willing to really say out loud yet. My daughter was very high needs. She didn't sleep anywhere but on top of my chest for the first three months. She only weaned a week ago. She's still sleeping in my bed. I couldn't stop crying yesterday because everything I loved the most about parenting her when she was tiny -bathing with her, nursing exclusively, cosleeping, babywearing, everything- just sounds like it'll be too hard. =( I know people do it, and I know I can do it, it's just not what I was expecting and I'm scared. My husband is not good with newborns. He just isn't. Kid starts walking and talking, and he can spend four hours at the park without breaking a sweat. But he sucks with newborns. It's a skill set he does not have. I was prepared for that. Just... I didn't leave the house without my daughter until she was six months old. I didn't go anywhere with my husband without her until she was over a year. I don't have anyone in my family I would trust with a newborn. Both my good friends moved in the last year.

I just CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE this happened. I didn't expect this at ALL.

~Rose

#5 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Hi!  Could you add me to the list?  

Official EDD October 7th, but expecting mid-September.

I've been quiet, but just because it's been nicely boring.  A week or two ago, the last of my non-elastic-waist pants stopped fitting.  The most "interesting" pregnancy-related thing that's happened was a yeast infection a few weeks ago, and I'll be quite happy if that remains the only "interesting" thing...  

My mom visited this past week, which was good because dh ended up having some outpatient surgery--he's fine, but it was nice that my mom was around to help me and wait with me at the hospital.   We also had his birthday party this weekend, so we got to tell a lot more people the news.  Everyone was quite happy for us.  

There are a few people that we're deliberately holding off on telling, simply because we know they're, at best, prone to saying stupid, hurtful things.  One is a long-time friend whose comments have just gotten worse over time on every topic, and who just doesn't seem to understand that different things work for different people (and particularly seems to think that simply by being a parent she knows more than I do--nevermind that she's ignorant of things like 6-month-olds getting stranger anxiety--she thought it was a behavior problem caused by bad parenting???)... the other person, sadly, is my MIL, who, unlike my mother, lives nearby.  We simply stopped talking to her a few years ago because she would never go very long without saying really hurtful things about me and literally giving dh panic attacks...  Let's just say he didn't have an ideal childhood. 

Anyhow, I'm at 17 weeks now, and a week from today we have the scan where we're supposed to find out the sex.  I'm starting to relax a bit, and I hope it'll all go well.

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#6 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Thanks Diana! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Andrea- Glad the moms were nice and the conversations went well.  

I thought I would update you all on the home birth vs birth center situation.  My husband and I met with the home birth midwife.  I really like her but hubby is just not into it.  He doesn't understand why I wouldn't choose the birth center when it is the best of both worlds.  I completely see his point.  I told the home birth midwife and my husband that it would need to be an obvious answer whether I stayed home or went to the birth center.  He reminded me how severe my nausea and dehydration was with my daughter's birth.  The IV with fluid and anti nausea medicine saved me.  If you all haven't noticed, I am a puker!  I know that will be one of the first signs of heavily progressing labor.  This home birth midwife is the only local one who doesn't do an IV.  I am not interested in the other local home birth midwifes.  I have this thing where I get really attached to people and I don't like meeting new people and forming new relationships, especially when it is personal like giving birth.  Can anyone relate?  I know that home birth midwife and I really like/love her.  I am ok with the decision to not do a home birth.  I don't believe in talking my husband into anything, we both don't do that to each other.  My doula (who is the head nurse at the pregnancy center and used to work at the birth center) has reassured me that we can keep it mellow like at home.  I am going prepare for a water birth although I really see a quick labor.  My daughter is the most disappointed about this decision. She was really bummed out as she kept telling me that "home births are so cool!" We are all going on a birth center tour this Sunday evening.  Hopefully she will think the birth center is "cool" :).  

I have two workers coming over today, one to weed eat and help me set up the garden- new soil in the planter boxes with wood chips on the paths.  And another guy to do the tape and texture on the new walls of the nursery.  I'm stoked!  Although I am sooooooooo tired.  

Thinking of you all!  -thecountrymouse

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#7 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM

((Rose))

#8 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM

Zejh-- Hope things remain uneventful until mid september!  Bummer about the MIL, that sounds stressful.  

Oh Rose, it really is a mixed bag.  I feel for you.  You have so much to process.  I don't have any magic words.  Sending you HUGS!

-thecountrymouse

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#9 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Rose - OMG, I know how you feel.  Really.  I'll PM you shortly so I don't hijack this thread...

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
#10 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Diana, thx for starting the thread.

Rose, hugs to you.....maybe you could join a mothers of muliples group in your area. I have a friend expecting twins who lives in AZ and she said its been great to connect with other mommies of multiples. Hang in there mama! I can't imagine how overwhelming everything must be right now.

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#11 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Can I be added too

beingmommy, EDD 12/27/12

Be back later to catch up and maybe get some persies in.  Still having so much morning sickness (all day!)  and computer screens make me want to hurl!

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#12 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 12:52 PM

No girls, I'm still here.  Seems to have eased down a bit for now.  I just cant leave work yet and that is putting a lot of stress on me.

Diana, thanks for starting the thread.

Rose - Just keep the faith.  Twins are not as romantic as everything sounds.  Higher risk, low chance of natural birth and a whole lot of other complications.  But at the end of the day it remains a blessing, a gift very few mommies are entrusted with.  so be strong, Im sure this will be your double rainbow.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#13 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM

We told DD about the baby in my tummy today. She said, "Cool!" and was excited and stuff, then at the end, she goes, "Is it gonna stay this time?"

bawling.gif

#14 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM

Oh Andrea, it's just heartbreaking what these kids say.  

Corgi and Rose- Double Rainbow!  I love it.  I'm going to rewatch the "what does it all mean" double rainbow thing on you tube.  Have you all seen that?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

Nice to see you back Corgi.  When do you get to stop working?  Hope it's soon!   

#15 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Countrymouse, I have seen that utube thing.....I watched it bc I saw a clear perfect double rainbow the day after my BFP! Love it!

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#16 of 158 Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM

OHGODDAMMIT! I had a whole post typed out and my stupid battery died. GRRR. I'll try again...

((Rose)) I must say, though, that I thought I'd have two in there at my u/s last week (because of a wonky ovulation the month before and because my hcg numbers were so high) and was really disappointed that wasn't the case. BUT I had begun to think about it and realized there was a good chance I wouldn't have had the birth option(s) I'd have wanted...and a lot of your same concerns. I was still jealous of your scan on an esoteric level, though. My mw said she was rooting for twin girls for me, though, even if it meant partnering with a more experienced mw, lol. ((hugs))--it sounds like you're already thinking ahead and no one could ask for anything more. 

welcome, zejh. (hey, were you on the 2ww support thread? your name is familiar.) I'm sorry your dh had to have surgery, but glad your mom got to help you wait it out. 

countrymouse, it sounds like the birth center is the option that will give you the most peace of mind. And really, isn't that what any of us are looking for? I hope the tour is wonderful and your daughter thinks so, too.

harmony, we told our moms this week, too. Mine was nonplussed and couldn't be bothered to turn off the damned tv when I talked to her. DH's mom already knew--she gets dreams and apparently dreamt about me last week in her "they're pregnant" way she does. She was really happy, but since we're not telling the boys yet [for the EXACT reason you experienced w/ your daughter--omg (((hugs)))] she couldn't really act very excited tonight when she came over to visit. 

corgi, i'm glad things slowed down and went away. Try to take it easy at work, k? ((hugs)) and I hope the stress eases soon.

hi, beingmommy! I hope your nausea isn't debilitating outside of screentime. :(

Stacey, I assume everything is just chugging along with you. :)

Diana, thanks for starting the thread. Can you change me to EDD 12/15, please & thank you?

AFM, I'm an emotional mess. I weep at the drop of a hat--happy things, sad things, completely mundane things...doesn't matter. I spent much of the day trying not to gag. Not nauseous, just gaggy. blech. PLUS, I swear something crawled in our frig and died. We CANNOT get rid of the stench and what little appetite I have gets thwarted when I think of it, much less smell it when trying to get some food. I have some weird food smell aversions anyway, and probably the biggest one is refrigerator stank, so this is like a nightmare of mine. I've been really crampy the past couple days, but I'm thinking it's intestinal cramping, as all of a sudden I'm bloated and gassy and constipated. My boobs don't hurt as much as I'd think they would--and almost not at all if I don't wear a bra. And I have to ask--has anyone continued to shed hair throughout the first tri and still managed to get a baby in arms? (Diana, did you say you did?) I've just been less than reassured by my less than textbook and less than consistent symptoms. Having a missed m/c is messing with my brain--symptoms dissipated and I didn't think anything of it, but I should have gotten a clue, yk? I've always had prompt, consistent, textbook symptoms, so this is weirding me out. I'm scared to go running (because what if those cramps are uterine, not digestive, and I screw something up?), I'm scared to have sex (damn, my poor husband!), I'm scared to go anywhere without a pad in case I start bleeding. this sucks. not the pregnancy part. the pregnancy part is awesome. the anxiety sucks. but you knew that, right?

^

see?? emotional mess, I tell you!

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#17 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys. BFP here, not entirely sure I'm joining the thread right now but I wanted to let you know at least. I have my first doctor's appt today and I'll get blood drawn for betas. I've never done that before but I wouldn't mind the early heads-up if something's wrong. Gulp. Due date would be 1/11/13.

This my fourth pregnancy in a year's time. I am doubtful that things will work but some part me me still has hope that it will.

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
#18 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Coffee!! Fingers crossed for you!

Rae- I know you were really expecting twins, and I wasn't at all! I am a complete hormonal mess too. Everything makes me tear up. I hope you can get your fridge cleaned out, I practically can't even walk into my kitchen anymore.

I shed a lot of hair normally and I'm not any different in pregnancy. I never got the thick luscious hair people talk about.

I still get nervous when I have a day where my morning sickness isn't as bad. This morning I woke up and wanted PANCAKES really bad and just devoured three of them with a glass of OJ, and that would have sent my stomach for a loop two days ago... So yeah. I feel you.

The anxiety is awful. I've only had sex once since I found out I was pregnant. My husband kiiiind of tried to start something the day we found out, and said, "Well it's not like I could get you any MORE pregnant!" I just said, "YOU COULD TRY!"

Harmony- I'm so sorry honey. =( My four year old is still kind of spotty about the whole baby thing, and two babies is just as abstract as one baby to her. My older stepkids (10 and 12) were surprisingly nonplussed. I told them I was expecting twins and they were like, "Oh, okay," and didn't even want to look at the ultrasound pictures.

beingmommy- I hate when screens make my nausea worse! Sometimes even reading books does it to me. I tend to lie down in bed with the TV on and my eyes closed and just listen.

countrymouse- If you feel comfortable with the idea of driving in labor and you like the birth center midwives, I'd say go for it.

zejh- I feel you about crappy in laws. I have only left my daughter with my in-laws a handful of times. Especially if I end up with an intact baby boy, I do not EVEN want to know what would happen!

AFM- I am doing better. I solved the minivan problem. It dawned on me that with two new babies, we are gonna get a really sweet tax return this next year, like to the tune of ten grand. So that's one thing solved! We could easily get a 10-15k minivan and a small loan to cover the rest.

I put together a baby registry and looked up more websites on twin pregnancy and babies. I researched maternal-fetal medicine docs and have got the names and phone numbers of the directors and the head of Labor and Delivery so I can get the ball rolling on having a natural hospital birth. Two of the CNMs work directly with the MFM department, so that's good. I just really really hope I can get MY doctor to be there for the birth instead of whatever schmuck is on call. I also researched neonatalogists and who the head of the NICU is, and found one who is the Utah Breastfeeding Coalition director. Several of the doctors there did their residencies or fellowships at the same army medical center where my dad was stationed during Vietnam and I am not afraid to namedrop.

I have an appointment with my regular CNM today. I don't know if she'll be able to continue my prenatal care. =( I really like her. I made an appointment with the head of maternal-fetal medicine who is well known in the birth community for being supportive of natural birth, and does vaginal breech and vaginal twins. I'll get a level II ultrasound on the 25th and then see him right after that. I really hope I have two placentas.

I got Zofran and Phenergan yesterday. Praise the gods. I woke up this morning and took a Zofran and just BOOM. Nausea gone.

~Rose

#19 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM

I'm back from my trip!  Now to catch up!!

Rose - You are totally allowed to be overwhelmed for a while.  What you're feeling is definitely your real concerns, and that's ok.  As time goes on you'll adjust a bit, and I think you'll look back with a sense of amazing accomplishment, realizing you're much stronger than you thought.  I know you don't want to HAVE to be strong, or to give up your home birth, or split the one on one time with your babies up between them.  I know it isn't the ideal situation by any means.  All I can say is that I am sending so many good vibes your direction that things work out so much better than you ever hoped, after all is said and done.  Hang in there!!

Emily - I'm glad things have been fairly un-exciting.  That's good news!  I'm sure you're thrilled that the gender-scan is coming up next week!

thecountrymouse - Sounds like things are moving along nicely.  I hope the birthing center is everything you'd like it to be.  I totally understand what you were saying about relationships and not wanting to start over with new people.  I am SOO that way.

Andrea - that is so hard!!  I wish I had magic words to say to your little one, but I am struggling with how to explain it to my daughter if this one doesn't "stick."  It has been on my mind constantly, because she is so excited.  (((HUGS))) to you and yours.

Rae - I just got back from my trip, and I spent a good long time before I left in the first place deciding whether I should bring pads just in case, or if that would be "jinxing" myself.  I wound up not bringing the pads, but I had anxiety about not having them too.  (((HUGS))) - I don't know if that anxiety ever goes away.  I'm hoping so.

Welcome, Coffeebean!  I hope this is your rainbow baby, and that it stays sticky for you.  We're all here if you want to talk about things.  (((HUGS)))

AFM - I'm back from my trip finally.  I was a bundle of nerves the ENTIRE trip.  I hated flying and actually wound up with HORRIBLE morning sickness / motion sickness yesterday.  I was sitting next to someone who talks like CRAZY and wouldn't let me close my eyes to rest and try to focus on my breathing, so I was constantly trying not to throw up.  I have never been SO thankful to be back on solid ground. 

I am officially 13 weeks today, which is farther than I have been in all of the pregnancies I have lost before.  I am trying to take this as a positive sign that things are going to "stick" and that the baby is healthy and ok, but I still find myself mentally preparing myself for the worst every time I run to the restroom or feel a little twinge.  

On the up side, I think I felt the baby roll when I was laying in bed last night with hubby's hand on my tummy (lightly compressing my uterus with just the weight of his hand).  To make it even more exciting, he felt it too. :)  

#20 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Coffee, I hope this is your rainbow baby....I know all too well what's its like to be fertile myrtle and keep losing babies. Fx that everything goes smoothly this time and that you have a very healthy pregnancy that results in a healthy full term baby!

AFM, I had my appt today.....she is in fact breech. They will keep checking her weekly, but they switched me from vbac to repeat c sec for now....arg. My ob suggested that I go see my acupuncturist for moxi.....I'm calling her today.

#21 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Coffee!!!! I have been dying to share your news! You know I am just so happy for you and have everything crossed. You deserve this baby so much, you just really do. Sending lots and lots of love to you, lovely friend.

Rose, I would be totally overwhelmed, too. You are going to be okay. You are. Kids can share rooms, and if you have to caravan in cars for a while then that's fine, too. Selling a house in this economy is just not a great proposition, especially when you have little equity in your home. (We've been there). But you will be fine. DH will HAVE to step up, and he simply can't make the excuse of not being good with newborns because it won't be an option. He can take care of your DD, too, while you bond with these babies, and you will cope. But that doesn't mean to say you are not terrified of everything, right now, and overwhelmed by what this all means for you and your family. I know that you're having to put some dreams aside around the birthing process and I'm hoping that as you come to peace with some of these things that you'll feel able to dream some new dreams. it's such a lot to contend with.

Corgi, sending hugs and hoping you get to finish work soon...

Ack, run out of time as people keep coming in to my office Darn them! I need to run to a meeting but I'll be back to finish off perises asap!

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#22 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Okay, where was i!?

Stacey, I am so sorry your little one is still breech. I hope all the efforts over the next week make all the difference.

Green, I am soooo happy that you've passed your loss milestones. That really is such wonderful news.

How is everyone feeling? Countrymouse, been thinking of you.

AM: I switched my anatomy appointment for an earlier appointment, so it's a week tomorrow. I'm terrified but also so excited to see the baby again. If all looks okay I'll be having monthly scans until 32 weeks and then weekly check ups with either a scan or a stress test. Do I really dare imagine this could work out?

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#23 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Argh, Stacey, I hope she turns! My friend used a chiropractor who turned her baby pretty late in pregnancy using pressure on the hips or something like that? I know it wasn't the same as a version, because it didn't hurt. I'm really not into chiropractoc care, but my friend's baby turned during the procedure and she had a very normal vaginal birth- maybe you could see if a chiropractor does a similar thig in your area?

Zub, I have a good feeling about your baby. I think this is going to work out. Are you finding out the gender?

AFM- Beta was 219 today at 13 dpo. Not too shabby. Now I'll go in Saturday to see if it's doubled.

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
#24 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM

I appreciate all of the understanding, guys- thank you so much. The next person who goes, "Oh wow, awesome! I would love to have twins! What a GIFT!" can go jump in a lake.

Green- I'm glad your trip is over and done with! I would have been a nervous wreck as well. I am SO glad I ended up not going to Texas!

I still feel my heart race every time I pee, afraid to find blood, and I run to check every time I feel something that might be bleeding (and with the ridiculous amounts of discharge I've been having that is OFTEN). Yay for feeling baby movement!

Stacey- Fingers crossed!! I have heard good things about moxibustion.

Zub- My DH has had five kids and hasn't figured it out yet. He has Aspberger's and ADHD and a history of abuse from his own parents, so it is really not a case of him just needing to suck it up. We have zero mental health coverage (otherwise I would be in my therapist's office RIGHT NOW sobbing my eyes out...)

I am glad your appt is moved up and that you can get some reassurance. I hope it works out for you!!

Coffee- That is a great first beta! Fingers crossed!

AFM- I had my appt with my CNM.

Bad news- She can't continue my prenatal care OR attend my birth, even at the hospital, which is stupid.

Good news- She approved of my choice itOB, and said that women delivered twins vaginally there "quite often".

Bad news- I've lost three pounds in four weeks. =( This is very not good.

Good news- I got some Zofran and took it this morning, and OH. MY. GOD. I took it and it was just like BOOM. I'm not even as sensitive to smells!! I ate pancakes and then a six inch from subway which is the most food I have had in WEEKS. So hopefully this will solve the weight gain problem.

AND one more piece of good news- my twins are di-di! So they have seperate amniotic sacs AND seperate placentas, which lowers the risk of complications considerably. I am still putting money on them being fraternal.

OH. ALSO GOOD. I did a tax refund calculator, and our refund with two more babies should be enough to cover the down payment on a minivan! From the last ten years! YAY!

~Rose

deborahbgkelly likes this.
#25 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 PM

Rose, you're making me really want some Zofran, lol. my m/s has gotten a little worse and a little longer with each pregnancy.

#26 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 10:13 PM

Rose- I'm glad you have some good news.  Utah taxes sound awesome!  Glad you will get a sweet mini van not some piece of junk.  Your descriptions crack me up.

Coffee- I just have no words to describe how excited I am for you.  I bet you have lots of conflicting emotions.  You have been through a lot and that is an understatement.  

Stacey- Hope that baby turns!  

No new news here.  I am sooooooooooo tired at night.  It is insane.  I don't know how you all do it with toddlers and/ or lots of kids.  I have one well behaved six year old who can make her own food and gives me backrubs.  I am so grateful for my daughter!  She is already a really good helper.  

Hope you all have a restful night!  

#27 of 158 Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 PM

Mouse- It's actually all just from the EIC and the child tax credit. Which is unfortunately expiring for 2013. BOO. Good timing for me at least!!

~Rose

#28 of 158 Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 AM

Rose, hugs to you! If it makes you feel any better, I lost a ton of weight during the first trimester and didn't actually gain any weight until I was well into the second trimester. In fact, I have only gained 17 lbs to date and I'm 36 weeks. I dont much about weight gain expectations and twins, but i hope you are able to find some foods that agree with your tummy.I'm sorry you are faced with so much stress right now. We are here to listen, please vent as much as you need to!

Coffee, I'm going to see a chiro today...it's called websters technique. I spoke with him yesterday and he was very honest with me about the success rates at this point, but I think it's worth a try! By the way, is it okay to say congrats on the good betas, fx for you mama!

Countrymouse, we are getting so close! I'm glad your dd is able to pamper you and help out!

AFM, off to the chiro today. I trying to be zen.......I go back to my OB on Tuesday.

#29 of 158 Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 AM

Finally finished my matching mother/daughter patchwork skirts. smile.gif

050412skirts.jpg

#30 of 158 Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 AM

OMFG. Okay. Everyone and their dog has been telling me to find a moms of multiples group here, and I found one, and I looked at their Facebook page. AHHHHHH. No one co-sleeps. People were talking about using BABYWISE, at THREE MONTHS, for PRETERM INFANTS. Hardly anyone mentioned breastfeeding. AHHHHHHHH.

*runs screaming straight back to La Leche League*

This is why I don't have any mom friends.

~Rose

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page