Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ October 2012 thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

This is the October 2012 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "hoping, healing & conceiving again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again.  Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD, and I'll update at the start of each week. Due date calculator with luteal phase length.  Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in Bolded Purple. ♥

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Congratulations!!  :joy

zubeldia  welcomed baby Charlie born 17 October 2012  babyboy.gif

diana_of_the_dunes - welcomed baby Rowyn born 11 July 2012 :girlbaby

3surfboys - welcomed baby Skyla born 2 July 2012 :girlbaby

thecountrymouse - Welcomed baby Enso 11 June 2012 babyboy.gif

Slshoe128 - Welcomed baby Kinzley Hope 27 May 2012 :girlbaby

cristeen - Welcomed Ezri Almara 26 May 2012 :boybaby

CorgiMommy - Welcomed baby Sean 21 May 2012 babyboy.gif

Callieollie - Welcomed baby Emma May 5 2012  :girlbaby

Snadaska- Welcomed a baby girl April 8 2012  :girlbaby

Ekandrmkb- Welcomed baby Penelope born 4 April 2012 :girlbaby

Loveandlight33 - welcomed a baby boy born 23 March 2012 babyboy.gif

Remark71- welcomed baby Scott Edward 13 March 2012 babyboy.gif

Cameragirl - welcomed baby Avery Reed born 5 March 2012 babyboy.gif
hildare - welcomed baby Caoimhin Buck born 7 February 2012 :boybaby

zejh - Welcomed baby Jane born  babygirl.gif

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....

cygknit - 40 weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 loss - EDD 21 July 2012 stork-girl.gif
soul-o -40 weeks and expecting baby #12, 6 children in heaven - EDD 29 August 2012  stork-suprise.gif

maxnmaizy  EDD 4 July 2012

nicolemarie EDD 15 July 2012

Expecting:dust

Gemmine  - 39 weeks and expecting baby #1, I loss - EDD 4 November 2012 stork-girl.gif

Wendylynn - 37 weeks, expecting #2, 3 losses - EDD 7 November 2012

Greenmamato2 - 39 weeks and expecting baby # 3, 3 children in heaven - EDD 8 November 2012

RoseRedHoofbeats - 34 weeks, expecting babies #2 and 3 (twins!!), two babies in heaven - EDD 10 December 2012  stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif

stegenrae - 33 weeks, expecting baby #3, 1 loss - EDD 15 December 2012 stork-girl.gif

Harmony96 - 31 weeks, expecting baby #4, one child in heaven - EDD 27 December 2012

autumngrey - 27 weeks, expecting baby #1, one child in heaven, EDD 17 January 2013

AdalinesMama - 26 weeks, expecting babies #3 and 4 (twins!!),one loss (SIDS),  EDD 7 Feb 2013  stork-girl.gifstork-girl.gif

paranoidprego- 25 weeks, expecting baby #5, baby #4 stillborn February 2012, EDD 10 Feb 2013

CamoShades - 23 weeks, expecting baby #3, after two losses. EDD Feb 26 2013

Deportivo4- 24 weeks, expecting baby #1

jodieanneanton - 21 weeks, expecting baby #3, with two more in Heaven. EDD 9  March 2013

writinglove- 22 weeks, expecting baby #2, first baby stillborn in December 2011. EDD March 2013

Shell29 - 15 weeks, expecting baby #3., with two more in heaven,  EDD 15 April 2013

AmBam- 15 weeks expecting baby #5, with five more in heaven, EDD 18 April 2013

Rainey Daye-  15 weeks, expecting baby #2, with three more in heaven, EDD 21 April 2013

1babysmom- 15 weeks, expecting baby #4, with seven more in heaven. EDD Late April 2013

Lisaanne- 14  weeks, expecting baby #3,with two more in heaven,  EDD 23 April 2013

Tenk- 5 weeks, expecting baby #6, with 6 more in heaven.  EDD 5 July 2013

In our thoughts...

JelloPanda :ribpb

ambam :ribpb

thecoffeebean :ribpb

MatushkaAnna :ribpb
Milk8Shake :ribpb

MegEliz :ribpb

Babycatcher :ribpb

beingmommy ribbonpb.gif

BetsyPage ribbonpb.gif

Revolting  ribbonpb.gif

thecoffeebeanribbonpb.gif

Xerxella ribbonpb.gif

SilaMarie ribbonpb.gif

MIA - Please feel free to jump back in any time!

evillager (EDD 10 September 2012)

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#2 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Ladies!  Jodie here!  I will continue with Mondays as the update day, just like Adaline'sMama did!  Chat away!  :)

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#3 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, Im going to try and pull my thoughts from the September thread. We need to have more people check in!!! Forgive me if I miss anyone, the first page of the new thread is always hard to get everyone. 

Jodie- Thank you so much! I was getting too pregnant brain for this hosting thing :)

writinglove- did you have a heart attack and a half when the tech couldnt find the hb with the doppler? I am SO glad everything went well. I've had some pretty terrible dreams too, Im too scared to even tell anyone about it for fear of somehow if I verbalize them they might actually come true :(  I'd use a friends name if I didnt see them regularly. I think thats fine, but you could always just send her a quick fb message saying, "Hey, we had planned on using this name if we ever had a girl. Id still like to use it, but I just wanted to clear it with you first."

Rae- I always seem to be painfully kicked in the cervix after about 30 weeks. What is the deal with that, why do some women never experience it, but others do? Hugs, about your DH being MIA.

Lisa- Yea for good ultrasound :) 

Autumn- awesome for not having to drink the gross stuff!!! Im experiencing some of the movement and then lack of movement creating anxiety for me as well. It is so hard between 20-30 weeks. It's hard. 

Harmony- That is a really cute facebook announcement. We just announced, and I got at least twice as many comments as I did after announcing the last two times. I think people are going to be so happy for you!

Zejh- can we beg for pictures? Is that okay? Im so glad everything is going well. I love the name Jane- we've thought about using it as a middle name. 

Zub- anxiously awaiting an update from you :) Im wishing you luck!

Bailey- Im glad you went to the wedding. Sucks about your headache. Here is something I've done since I was pregnant with DD. When you buy a bottle of tylenol, accidentally spill about 1/3 of the bottle in your glove box so that it has loose pills in it that you have to dig to get out. Then, when you go somewhere and are in incredible pain you can just dig one out of your glove box. So, why is your OB wanting to induce at 38 weeks? Did I miss some reason that you are high risk?

So, for the ladies that need a better explanation of why I was released from the high risk clinic:

I was originally referred to a high risk clinic for concurrent care by my OB because I am pregnant with twins. The hospital that I normally birth in is a 52 bed hospital in a small town about 30 minutes from a metropolitan area- with no NICU. They don't have a level 2 ultrasound tech. SO, I was referred to the high risk clinic in the city for a nuchal scan and our anatomy scan, with the understanding that if all was well both times then I would be released from high risk care and just see my OB for the duration of pregnancy. If I have preterm labor, I will have to drive to the hospital in the city with the nicu and I will already be registered with these doctors.  But, those doctors suck and my OB is awesome, so among the other many reasons I want to make it to 36 weeks, staying with my OB at my hospital is one of them :)

AFM- Clementine is finally crossed off the name list. When I showed DH the lyrics to Oh my darlin clementine, he agreed that it would be a bit morbid after losing Charlie. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Here is my post from the Sept thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngrey View Post

Bailey - When I first found out I was pregnant, I thought I wanted ultrasounds monthly to know things were OK with baby, but after going to a few I had to stop. They caused me so much anxiety. I struggled to sleep in the days before an U/S and had higher than normal blood pressure and ... no amount of "baby looks perfect for this gestation" made me feel better. I could only hear "things are good for now." So I asked for no more testing unless there was evidence or reason to suspect a problem. There are definitely days I wish I could have an ultrasound *right then* for reassurance that something hasn't come up, but I realized the stress of scheduling it in advance is too much for me.-----------

I wasn't expecting to be stressed by appts but I think now that he has said he wants to do so much monitoring it is kinda freaking me out. I was feeling somewhat distressed about my relationship with him if I didn't do what he wanted but this weekend I had a good amount of time (sitting in a hotel room feeling gross and tired) to think about that this is my pregnancy and I am not going to just do what my doctor wants if I don't think it is right for me/us. I think I am going to go with my original prenatal plan which is weekly chiro appts and just go in for prenatals at 20 weeks, 28 weeks, and a few times in the 30 weeks. I am still a little chicken to tell him that I don't want to be induced but I think I will just be aloof and not schedule anything between week 36 and 40. Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post
My September update:

Twins are growing well. I'm freaking huge- I look 7 months pregnant. Im getting a little worried about how these babies are planning to fit in my belly. My OB has released me from high risk status! That was exciting news, and it has lifted my spirits about birth. If all goes well, Ill be able to birth with her and at my normal hospital.

Other than that, Charlie would have been 8 months old the other day, and I had a pretty hard time dealing with that. Some days are better than others, but this week has been hard. DH and I celebrated our 20 year anniversary and I reached the halfway point in my pregnancy and it's all happening so fast- without him. I think one of the hardest things about losing a child is knowing that somehow, someway, the world keeps on spinning and life goes on even though your kid isnt here to be a part of it. Every mother wants to think their child is the center of the universe, and it's hard to just know that it's just not the case- not even in your own universe.

Anyway, we have settled on Calliope as baby a's name, and are still picking for baby b. I am still dealing with a bit of gender disappointment, and secretly hoping one baby is a boy and I think that is why it's so hard for me to pick b's name. We have a good little while still, so Im sure we'll come up with something.

I was going to ask you why you started at a high risk clinic? Or do all twin mommies start at one? Going through life without our children is very difficult. It's just something no one should go through. I really like Calliope for a name. I was thinking maybe Calypso would be a cool name for baby B but then you would have 2 Cally names, oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinglove View Post

hi all,

16-week appointment went well. OB couldn't find the hb w/ the doppler, so she rolled in the small u/s machine. the heart looked great and so did everything else. OB think there is an 80% chance of it being a girl at this point. DH and i are both dealing with some gender disappointment. on the positive side, i think girl names are so much easier to come up with.

we have some third-orbit friends who just had a baby girl and named her one of my favorite names. we barely ever see them, but i still feel weird about using the name. does it matter? basically we are just facebook friends who live in the same city and get together about once a year. whaddya all think?

I say use it. I like the name Jack, but my second cousin's son is named Jack. We hardly ever see her now so I think I would use that name for a possible boy name.

Everybody else wave.gif

I am so exhausted and I didn't even party this weekend! sleepytime.gif

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#5 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM

I had this one up and then the ^ post

I am way behind on reading everything and we just got home from the wedding and I have a very under-slept toddler so I will write more later.

I was 9 weeks yesterday. We did end up going to the wedding. It was a really nice wedding and it was nice to see our friends BUT I had a migraine basically the whole day Saturday and missed the ceremony because I was out looking for tylenol. Then I went the reception and didn't even make it thru dinner before going to our room (which was luckily in the same hotel as the reception) and laying down for the rest of the night. We did get to go to a nice flea market/craft show that was across the street before the wedding and had a good time there. We got home today and I was so excited to see how excited DD would be to see us and she was more or less under-slept and mad that we left her. She seems over it now but still will be hitting the sheets early tonight. As will we!

At my appt on Thursday my doctor offered me Zofran for the ms. I decided to take it since we were going to the wedding and traveling and what not but it has pretty much stopped all movement in my intestines. I am sooo uncomfortably constipated! I don't think I am going to take it anymore. On top of the constipation I have a yeast infection in my intestines and I am dehydrated. Luckily we got to stop at the 'really good' co-op on the way home from the wedding and I got some garlic tincture, probiotics, and some Nux Vomica homeopathic relief. I am trying to get them all in me tonight and get everything working again.

Looks like DD is playing with Dh so I will go back and read now and try to write more....

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#6 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM

AM - I don't know why he wants to induce me at 38 weeks other than that I had an unexplained stillborn at 38 weeks. I think he might be assuming I will be too anxious to go longer than that but I really don't think that will be the case. I think it is something that definitely needs a lot more communication. He also wanted to put me on Clomid because I had 1 m/c even though his own u/s showed that is was a malformed fetus. I think maybe he makes too many assumptions.

As far as your ex-high risk status, that makes sense. I kinda thought that might be the case 'cuz our hospital/birthing center doesn't have a NICU either. Whenever I have been into L&D for prodromal labor they tell me that if I go into labor before 37 weeks and they can't stop it I will be flown to Mayo.

#7 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

At my appt on Thursday my doctor offered me Zofran for the ms. I decided to take it since we were going to the wedding and traveling and what not but it has pretty much stopped all movement in my intestines. I am sooo uncomfortably constipated! I don't think I am going to take it anymore. On top of the constipation I have a yeast infection in my intestines and I am dehydrated. Luckily we got to stop at the 'really good' co-op on the way home from the wedding and I got some garlic tincture, probiotics, and some Nux Vomica homeopathic relief. I am trying to get them all in me tonight and get everything working again.
Same thing happened to me. I quit the Zofran after just a week b/c the limited nausea relief wasn't enough to make me want to keep the constipation around, too. I decided I'd rather be nauseous, lol. I ended up having to use a suppository to finally get things going again. :/

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, ***4***8***12***16******24***28***32***36***40**
I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#8 of 131 Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM

On phone, so no real update, but Bailey, I wanted to tell you that sepia is the preferred homeopathic pregnancy nausea remedy. Not that nux vomica won't work, but I found the sepia to work for a longer stretch of time. Also: colace is your friend.

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#9 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 AM

Stressed bawling.gif

I got a call from my OB today who says my blood has some sort of antigen in it. I went in today to have more blood drawn so they can tell which one.

mecry.gif

#10 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM

grouphug.gif  keep us updated :)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#11 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

will be praying for you and your baby bailyb

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#12 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM

Just delurking to say I am sending good thoughts, BaileyBhug2.gif

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#13 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Hi! Jane was born September 17th, so you can move me off the "expecting" list. Pictures to come!

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#14 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM

I can't change my font color to purple on the iPad, but I am requesting that my info say that I am ELEVEN weeks pregnant. Thanks!!

Had another ultrasound this afternoon. The cyst has shrunk even more!! It started out about 2cm x2cm at my first ultrasound at 6wks/1day, then shrank a little bit by the next ultrasound at 8wks/1day. Now at 11wks/1day it was like 1.23cm x 1.43cm!!

What is even more awesome is the baby is actually looking like a baby now (though granted, the head from straight on still looks like an alien baby)!! DH, Bug, and I all got to see it on the screen and got to see it wiggling around like crazy!! It waved at us and at least once I actually saw it push itself off the side of my uterus. SO cool!!

I really appreciate all the prayers ya'll have been praying for us!! It really means a lot to me to know there are so many of ya'll rooting for this munchkin to make it!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#15 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 PM

hi all,

it's 5:10 p.m. and the doctor said she would call me today with results of quad screen. ugh

bailey, i hope the antigen issue is just a matter of information and nothing more than that. fx for you.

namaste.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#16 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Hi everyone! I've been pretty MIA and when I am here, I suck at persies. Still getting back on track after having my mom here, and missing her now. Then last night I found out that one of my favorite Uncles passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack (he was 51 and very healthy/fit, we are all in shock). I am doing ok though, baby seems fine, no spotting or cramping. Nausea is dying down which is great, I'm 11 weeks 3 days now, so I'm guessing the magic 12 week mark and less nausea is what's happening (same thing happened with DS and DD, around 12 weeks I didn't feel nearly as sick). Been having some pretty crazy round ligament pain though, when I stand up it can be pretty intense, but I had that with both my kids, so I'm not really surprised and I actually take it as a good sign that things are growing. 

Sorry about the AAM post. I will really try to get myself back on track and doing persies, I'm just so thrown from missing mom, and now my Uncle's passing, but I wanted to check in and update everyone.

Mom to ds (2005) and dd (2008) both with autism ribbonrainbow.gif and a proud advocate here! Also mom to ds (m/c @ 12 weeks, Sept 11/2011) angel2.gif, and an early m/c (6 weeks) in 2004. Also now missing my rainbow baby angel1.gif who was due April 2013, but lost Nov 16 2012 at exactly 18 weeks.  Probably not trying again.

#17 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

writinglove- Don't they know that sayign they are gonna call and then not calling is too much for our pregnant brains to handle?!?!

Shell29- Soo sorry about your uncle.  (((Hugs))) for that and for missing your mom.  

Bailey- (((HUGS))) Hope you get some answers about that ASAP.  

#18 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Delurking again to say so sorry Shell, for your uncle.  That is so sad.  And it must be terrible missing your mom at this time too.  Lots of hugs and good thoughts being sent your way.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#19 of 131 Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 PM

((hugs)) Bailey. I hope you find out what's going on soon, and it's something that is readily treatable.

more ((hugs)) to you, Shell. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle--and for missing your mom. 

((writinglove)) That is just plain MEAN. (I also hope you realize that the fact they *could* forget to call you means good things about your results.)

Rainey, congrats for the awesome ultrasound and cyst update! :D

AFM, I went to the bday party of a friend's daughter yesterday and even held her baby boy. She was due with him 4 days before my EDD with my loss. It was only after I'd been home for about an hour that I realized I didn't think *once* while holding his chubby, blue-eyed cuteness that I might have had a baby his same age if genetics were perfect (and I felt like mine was a boy). So I'd call that healing. Not sure I would be able to have that if this baby girl weren't kicking up a storm, and I find it really hard to read about others' later losses in new threads in the loss forum, but it's a long way from where I was. 

I had my 30 week appointment tonight (a week early because our week next week is *insane*). Baby girl is head-down, currently LOA (though she does like to flip sides), hb 150, really active still, and everything else hunky-dory. I love that my otherwise fabulously crunchy mw is also not a tea drinker, so isn't fussing at me to drink my RRL tea like my previous mw (who was strangely adamant about it). Now I get to start going every 2 weeks, even though that means going without DH next time because he'll be out of town. 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

#20 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

could one of you guys tell me what rrl tea is? dont know what it is but i have seen a few post where it was talked about

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#21 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

#22 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Hi everybody! I'm not dead! Just... mostly dead...

Jodie- I should be 30 weeks this week.

AM- I'm glad you get to see your regular OB! Fingers crossed for a 36+ week birth! I'm sticking with the MFM all the way because that way I get my doctor for sure at the birth, as opposed to whatever schmuck is on call.

BaileyB- It depends on the clinic/practice, but some don't handle twin mothers at all. I went straight from my CNM practice (same hospital) to the MFM group because I didn't want to have to bounce around anymore than I had to- if my twins had developed any complications I would have gone from my midwife to an OB to a new MFM, so I just stuck with them.

I took Zofran as sparingly as possible for the nausea for the exact same reason, and I was sooo relieved when I could stop and just stick to the doxylamine and Phenergan. Miralax and colace helped me. Good luck with the yeast infection, that sounds awful!

I hope the antigen stuff gets worked out- Diana had some kind of blood incompatibility issue, and everything turned out fine.

Zejh- YAY BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

Shell- I'm sorry about your uncle. =( That's rough.

Rae- I'm glad you could hold the baby. My SIL and DIL both had babies right after I found out I was pregnant, and it was super super hard to go and see them. That's great that your little girl is doing well! I can't believe it's been so long since we both joined this thread. I remember you thinking you were having twins and then we found out I was!

AFM- I have been so, so slammed. We've been having major drama with my stepkids and their mom and go to court on Thursday, which I spent weeks freaking out about. I'm not worried about the outcome so much as it's going to make for a really, REALLY crappy day. Which is going to start with me and my daughter having to wake up at six, leave the house at seven, get her to my SIL's by seven-thirty, and then I spend God knows how long in court. I did find a friend to go with me, at least.

Mine and my husband's fifth anniversary was last Monday, which was very nice. I got a REAL LIVE BABYSITTER for like, the third time ever, and we went on an ACTUAL DATE to The Cheesecake Factory, and he got me this really lovely, soft cotton robe (since that's about the only kind of lingerie I can still wear). And then on Wednesday we both came down with awful chest colds, which we're still getting over. He stayed home the rest of the week though. Even though we were all sick it was nice to spend so much time with him.

My last appointment went much better. I moved to a different day, so I see a different CNM, and I liked her more than the other one (who made the stupid comments about how I "needed" to buy a house with a yard, and said it was "great" that her twins were in the NICU for ten days). I mentioned that I wanted to go over birth plan stuff at this appointment I have today, and my doula is coming for all of us to sit down together and go over things. I have most of it hammered out and what questions I want to ask. My husband works at the hospital and he talked to one of the charge nurses at the NICU, and she said that they'd be happy to give me a private tour whenever, just come by and see if anyone was available. I'm not doing it this week, since I'm still getting over my cold, but I think it will really help. I'm not AS freaked out as I have been over everything, so that's something.

This Sunday will be a year since my best friend died in her sleep. I'm seriously not looking forward to it. I really hate having so many anniversaries.

I had my baby showers last Saturday and they went really well. I announced my names at the "family" shower, and everyone liked them- Augustus Luke and Thomas Graham. I was really happy with all of the presents I got- my MIL made me the cutest rag-quilts, and these carseat carriers with little cowboy bears on them. She did the shower in a cowboy theme and it was so adorable. She had little badges for guests to write their names on and I snagged two to write the babies' names on, to keep. My "friend" shower was a lot of fun and I made lavender bath salts for favors.

Pretty much all I need now is nursing stuff, diaper stuff, and swings and bouncers. And more clothes and blankets.

I'm not doing so hot physically. The cough has been murder on my ribs. They started to really flare out a few weeks ago, and they've been really bothering me ever since. And since they're so distorted, they can't flex and bend the way they need to when you cough really hard (like, say, bringing up massive amounts of sputum from bronchitis) and so it hurts like the dickens. My PT adjusted what she could yesterday, and seriously there were some spots (where the ribs are starting to overlap each other) that were so painful I saw stars when she palpated them. And my hips hurt, and my back hurts, and my SPD is killing me, and I'm getting a lot of fluid build up because my giant uterus is crushing the lymph vessels in my groin, so I'm swollen all the time. And there is exactly NO position that is comfortable to sleep in. I have a friend who is about five weeks ahead of me and is completely baffled at why I can't do so many things- I can't squat, I can't bend over to pick things up, I can barely reach the stove or the sink because of my huge belly, it hurts to walk, I can't exercise at all, and it's getting really annoying to have to explain no, I can't do XYZ.

Everything still looks good for a term delivery, so yay! I'm pretty sure Gus is still headdown, and Thomas goes back and forth between transverse and headdown. They both like to grind their skulls into my pelvic bones, too. It's not fun. I've been getting runs of BH every night, only about every 20-30 minutes will I get a really hard, painful one, for a few hours or so.

I noticed the other night in the bath that I can tell which one is moving by which direction the water ripples go in. It was pretty cool!

I'll try to come back and post more often!

~Rose

#23 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 01:55 PM

OMG Cheesecake factory! Yum! I like your baby names, too.

My doctor called today but I missed it so now I am just waiting for him to call back again, which I figure will be around 5 or 6 when DD and I are in her mommy and me class. I'm feeling less "we all going to die!" about the situation. I never am one to jump to the worse conclusion but I totally did this time. I just wanted to have a NORMAL low key pregnancy but I guess that won't be happening. We are/were about to tell my in laws that I am pregnant but now I am having a hard time looking excited. DH wants to tell them I am pregnant and tell them right away what all might happen. I don't want to tell any sort of complications or anything right now, mostly because I am sick of being the only woman we know that seems to not be able to have a normal pregnancy. I am sick of being "that" person, that always has some issue going on. Ugh! I am starting to even annoy myself and I feel like when someone has so many problems with something that seems so simple as having kids that they start wondering if you are secretly a bad person to be bringing this all on yourself.

#24 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Bailey-  I am thinking about you and feel you on being "that girl."  It is annoying.  And like I tell my husband, "I am so annoying, I annoy myself!" lol.

#25 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM

RRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWRRRR!!!!

You guys!!!

UGH!!!!

OK, so my doctor called back and said that the titer level was so low that the lab couldn't even give him a number of how much was there. So like barely a trace. So now he says he is guessing that it is just a tiny amount of my previous Rhogam shot that I had in May from my m/c. This is why I don't want to do all the extra u/s and monitoring, etc. It's such a crisis one day and back to normal the next day.

But, yay!!! for it being nothing after all. They are just going to check my blood again in 4 weeks to make sure that the level doesn't go up for some reason.

nut.gif

#26 of 131 Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM

Holy crap, Bailey, that is all kinds of messed up. Ugh. And still yay, yk? :P

~Rae

#27 of 131 Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Bailey, so sorry for the runaround. I really feel you on that, having gotten my share of medical scares in my life! I'm so glad to hear it is nothing to be concerned about right now.

I find that one of the diagnostic frames they teach medical students, when you hear hoof beats -- think horses not zebras, to be really helpful for me when I am in the throes of trying to figure our what is going on with me medically, or waiting for medical test results. Yes, crazy things do happen (about 1-2% of the time), but usually the reason for the issue is pretty mundane. I hear you, though, in wanting to go the unassisted route sometimes, and keep the cascade of interventions at bay. But when you have had crazy things happen in the past . . . gah.

Rose, great to hear from you. I'm glad you had a CNM who is respectful of you. Sorry you are feeling so much discomfort. And hooray for dates and babysitters! Did you have cheesecake? If so, what kind?

Steg, you hit a major milestone being able to hold that babe without emotional angst. Congrats! Yay for 30 weeks and a babe who stays (mostly) in position.

AFM, I'm going public with this pregnancy now that my screen results are in and look great. I'm totally scared about telling people and having to take it back, again, but I just can't keep this bump hidden anymore. I'm feeling pretty good. My body is in that stage of being really stiff and wobby from the relaxin at the same time. Ugh. Annoying. And I must be going through a blood volume increase again as I'm feeling so breathless going uphill -- not a great thing in my hill neighborhood.

namaste.gif and love to you all!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#28 of 131 Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 PM

Hi all,

Bailey, I feel you on the testing... Hugs, mama.

Rose, so glad you had a nice shower and that you saw a nicer provider. It can make all the difference.

Writinglove, oh, I love the name! And really, really happy to hear about your screen results.  And really happy that you're feeling ready to share your news.

Hey, all!

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, which seems crazy after so much pre-term labor. I really thought that things might be happening a couple of days ago but now things have slowed down and it seems that I might be pregnant forever. My amniotic fluid levels keep rising and I'm getting ever more uncomfortable. That said I still feel fairly patient and want him to come when he's ready... I just hope it's within the week :)

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#29 of 131 Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 AM

How exciting Zubeldia!

I am feeling less and less pregnant. My MS is going away (yay!), my bloat has gone way down, and I am carrying this babe way different than my girls. They were all out in front and always low and this one is up high and I have the tall-ness working for me so I am really not showing much. I keep thinking: ok, no bleeding...check. No cramping...check. Had morning sickness...check. Boobs getting bigger...check. Yep! Must be still pregnant.

#30 of 131 Old 10-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Today is our Walk to Remember. 1280 people have signed up to remember 320 lost babies.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J, ***4***8***12***16******24***28***32***36***40**
I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page