Mothering Forum banner

Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~~+~~ January 2013 Thread

7K views 320 replies 21 participants last post by  thecoffeebean 
#1 ·
December 2012 Thread

This is the January 2013 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD, and I'll update at the start of each week. Due date calculator with luteal phase length. Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in bold.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Congratulations!!
:joy

AdalinesMama - Welcomed babies Calliope Jane ane Eleanor Wendy on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif
babygirl.gif

autumngrey - Welcomed baby Éowyn Iris on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif

Harmony96 - Welcomed baby Josiah Nathan on 31 December 2012
babyboy.gif

stegenrae - welcomed baby Genevieve Soleil on 12 December 2012
babygirl.gif

Greenmamato2 - welcomed baby Gunner Alexander on 15 November 2012
babyboy.gif

Wendylynn - welcomed baby boy born 9 November 2012
babyboy.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats - welcomed babies Thomas and Augustus born 6 November 2012
babyboy.gif
babyboy.gif

zubeldia - welcomed baby Charlie born 17 October 2012
babyboy.gif

diana_of_the_dunes - welcomed baby Rowyn born 11 July 2012
:girlbaby

3surfboys - welcomed baby Skyla born 2 July 2012

thecountrymouse - Welcomed baby Enso 11 June 2012
babyboy.gif

Slshoe128 - Welcomed baby Kinzley Hope 27 May 2012

cristeen - Welcomed Ezri Almara 26 May 2012
:boybaby

CorgiMommy - Welcomed baby Sean 21 May 2012
babyboy.gif

Callieollie - Welcomed baby Emma May 5 2012

Snadaska - Welcomed a baby girl April 8 2012

Ekandrmkb - Welcomed baby Penelope born 4 April 2012

Loveandlight33 - welcomed a baby boy born 23 March 2012
babyboy.gif

Remark71 - welcomed baby Scott Edward 13 March 2012
babyboy.gif

Cameragirl - welcomed baby Avery Reed born 5 March 2012
babyboy.gif

hildare - welcomed baby Caoimhin Buck born 7 February 2012
:boybaby

zejh - Welcomed baby Jane born
babygirl.gif

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....

cygknit - 40 weeks and expecting baby #3, 1 loss - EDD 21 July 2012
stork-girl.gif

soul-o - 40 weeks and expecting baby #12, 6 children in heaven - EDD 29 August 2012
stork-suprise.gif

maxnmaizy - EDD 4 July 2012

nicolemarie - EDD 15 July 2012

Gemmine - EDD 4 November 2012

Expecting
:dust

paranoidprego - 38 weeks, expecting baby #5, baby #4 stillborn February 2012, EDD 10 Feb 2013

Deportivo4 - 37 weeks, expecting baby #1

CamoShades - 36 weeks, expecting baby #3, after two losses. EDD Feb 26 2013

jodieanneanton - 34 weeks, expecting baby #3, with two more in Heaven. EDD 9 March 2013

writinglove - 34 weeks, expecting baby #2, first baby stillborn in December 2011. EDD March 2013

knoel - 32 weeks, expecting baby #2, 1 loss.

AmBam - 28 weeks expecting baby #5, with five more in heaven, EDD 18 April 2013

Rainey Daye - 28 weeks, expecting baby #2, with three more in heaven, EDD 21 April 2013

Lisaanne - 28 weeks, expecting baby #3,with two more in heaven. EDD 23 April 2013

1babysmom - 24 weeks, expecting baby #4, with seven more in heaven. EDD Late April 2013

Tourneymama - 18 weeks, expecting baby #5, baby #4 born still at 35 wks EDD 4 July 2013

Tenk - 18 weeks, expecting baby #6, with 6 more in heaven. EDD 5 July 2013

talldarkeyes - 17 weeks, EDD July 6 with baby #2 with 3 previous losses

beingmommy - 17 weeks, expecting baby #2, 2 losses, EDD 12 July 2013

heyitskalista - 16 weeks, expecting baby #4, 1 loss, EDD 15 July 2013

J and Js mommy - 15 weeks, expecting baby #3, baby #2 born still, EDD 30 July 2013

thecoffeebean - 12 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 5 losses. EDD 2 August 2013

porcelina - 13 weeks, expecting baby # 3, 4 losses, EDD 6 August 2013

deborahbgkelly - 9 weeks, Expecting baby #1, identical twin boys lost at 22 weeks, Guess date 2 September 2013

Thebyr - 9 weeks, expecting baby #1. Two previous losses: 8 weeks and 18 weeks. EDD 9 September 2013

In our thoughts...

unuselyriver
:ribpb

JelloPanda

ambam

thecoffeebean

MatushkaAnna

Milk8Shake

MegEliz

Babycatcher

beingmommy
ribbonpb.gif

BetsyPage
ribbonpb.gif

Revolting
ribbonpb.gif

thecoffeebean
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella
ribbonpb.gif

SilaMarila
ribbonpb.gif

Shell29
ribbonpb.gif

sarahl918
ribbonpb.gif

MIA - Please feel free to jump back in any time!

evillager (EDD 10 September 2012)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the new thread writinglove!

#6 ·
It's a new year, so I'm cautiously joining here and hoping for the best! I'm terrified to be hopeful after the constant string of losses we've endured, but the constant sickness tells me things are okay in there.

Writinglove- I can't make this bold or purple, but here goes:

Sarah, expecting baby #2 after 5 losses. Due Aug 4th.

#7 ·
i am going to cautiously join here too still dont know how everything is going to go have not been to the doc yet just took a test today and it said we where going to have one was not try to yet but well wanted baby so i am just a little nerves right now will feel better after we see the doc edd would be 9/7/13

#9 ·
Yay Coffee and Unusely! Welcome.

#13 ·
My induction date is currently set for 38 weeks- Jan 23. I thought hard about fighting to keep them in as long as possible, but going in for the induction date insures that they wont be born on Charlie's birthday (1/26). I figure that since they are already always going to have to share a birthday with each other that it might be a bit much to share one with him as well.

#14 ·
Holy bleep, it's January already.
shy.gif
I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow (nearly today, someone send me to bed!). I have hope that the pelvic pressure and increasing BH intensity means baby will be here tomorrow while DSD is still here to be able to meet her new sibling. I nearly cried when she said "well if the baby is born when I'm at my mom's you can call me so I know," accepting that it could be a couple weeks before she might meet said baby (depending on the timing of it all). I don't have any actual reason to believe tomorrow is the day, though, so it's just wishful thinking. I suppose it's also wishful thinking that this discomfort (the first I've really had in this pregnancy, so I don't dare complain) won't continue for weeks! And then if tomorrow's the day, I have an excuse to not go back to work for the rest of the week.
Sheepish.gif
OK, so that's not so important.

I managed to get most of the house cleaned in the past couple days, finally start on a baby blanket I intended to make back in November, and I have most of the things I expect to need the first week so I'm mostly ready. I think. I wasn't good about doing the home Hypnobabies course--I only made it through the first two weeks, oops--so some extra time to continue working on that wouldn't be so bad I suppose.

Emotionally, still swinging between "I could be taking a baby home in a few hours/days/weeks" and "The End." At this point it's not so much because of experience but from the stories I've heard in the past year of all the things that can go wrong. Oh to be a naĂŻve mama who "knows" she will be taking a baby home at the end of 9 months of pregnancy.

#15 ·
man this morning has been rough went to drink a glass of milk and it made me sick the morning sickness has got here yay

#16 ·
ok i call the ob but they told me that they are book up till tuesday the called my primary and he told me to call my ob he said to let them handle so i have not been able to get a doc to do the damn blood test i am think about going to the er and tell them i am pregnant and i am have some pains in my side and i cant get in to my ob can you guys check me what do you think i should do

#17 ·
writinglove- Thank you thank you for the new thread! :D Can you believe we are over 3/4 of the way through our pregnancies now?

Adalinesmama- The twins will be here so soon! Do you feel ready?

unuselyriver- Congratulations on your BFP!

autumngrey- GL at your appt today. :)

thecoffeebean- happy you are here. I am hoping you have just enough symptoms to keep you reassured but not so much that you are miserable. ((HUGS))

deborah and thebyr-
wave.gif

AFM- Not much new to report. The holidays kept me busy and I am looking forward to a little getaway with the hubby starting tomorrow. We are going to NYC for 3 days to see some shows and relax. The only thing we have planned is the hotel (and the fact that we want to see a couple of musicals) so hopefully, we will be able to take it easy and not book at our watches and try to squeeze a lot of things in.... Just taking it easy... That's what I need. :) When I come back home, I will allow myself to start planning for the possibility of a baby arriving in spring. (Something I haven't really been able to mentally do yet.) I think some crafting, diaper making and general preparation are in order, considering that I have about 2 months left until I watch my "due date" arrive and leave me still very much pregnant. :D Woo!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Jodie

#19 ·
J and J's Mommy- My first ultrasound and ob appointment is January 10. AFM- So freaking sick! If it doesn't get better in a day or two, I'm going to call the doctor. I'm worried about keeping hydrated.

#20 ·
Adaline'sMama: YAY!!! So freaking super duper exciting! It must feel great to be so close to the end after a loss. WOOT WOOT!!! Twins? wow! and soon. Amazing. Can't wait to see pics!
thecoffeebean: Coffee - we've been around the boards together. Glad to see you here. Ah the joys of nausea.. you loathe it but somehow it's just so reassuring.
ROTFLMAO.gif
I'm waiting for mine to kick in full force so I know it's real!
unuselyriver : Hoping this baby is sticky for you. We've been around the boards together too.. so I'm hoping for the best for you!
J and Js mommy and Deborah:
wave.gif

autumngrey - The end is coming! I can't imagine what that feels like. I'm uber happy for you too. Can't wait for you to tell us ALL about birth and share pics!
jodieanneanton : Hey Jodie! NYC sounds good. We planned a few "babymoons" last time. I'm not sure what we'll do this time. I think we're both just so nervous... I hope to convince myself to relax after the first ultrasound.
AFM: Called my doc's office yesterday - I was going to wait until Friday since I'd be closer to 5 weeks - but decided to just go for it yesterday. Glad I did - I have my "6 week" phone call next week with the nurse and then I can make my appointment with my OB. Once I see my OB - hopefully I'll get an ultrasound before or around 8 weeks and then start seeing the MFMs. I know they want me to have an u/s every 4 weeks to watch for any fibroid growth. So..,. it begins - a little sooner than I thought. lol No full blown nausea yet. I vaguely remember it not kicking in until around 5.5-6 weeks last time - so I'm not really expecting it until late next week. For now - I get waves here and there... and a few food aversions due to smell. My spidey sense (I have an obnoxiously keen sense of smell during pregnancy) has not kicked all the way in yet either. I do find myself saying - "DO YOU SMELL THAT" here and there - but nothing debilitating like before. My nose kept me from eating hardly anything last pregnancy. Maybe it will be kinder to me this time.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

My induction date is currently set for 38 weeks- Jan 23. I thought hard about fighting to keep them in as long as possible, but going in for the induction date insures that they wont be born on Charlie's birthday (1/26). I figure that since they are already always going to have to share a birthday with each other that it might be a bit much to share one with him as well.
Woot! I'm so excited for you, Adaline'sMama. How is your body hanging in there this far along with multiples?

#22 ·
Holy baby belly Batman!700

Last year with the boys:

7 weeks 3 days

13 weeks 3 days

#24 ·
Well, I think my boys really stretched out my uterus and then I'm pretty sure I lost about 10 lbs. before I got pregnant, so the combination makes me huge. Funny how when you lose weight before pregnancy you look like you put more on even though you didn't during pregnancy. Taking it as a good sign baby is growing well in there though.

#26 ·
i had a beta draw at the er today cause my sugar levels went to low and dh took me to the hospital cause it scared him so i am pregnant but worry my beta is only at 68 right now so i dont know if i should be worry or not maybe i am just really early

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.