Mothering Forum banner

Expecting Our Rainbow Babies- February 2013 Thread

6K views 294 replies 23 participants last post by  thebyr 
#1 ·
January 2013 Thread

This is the February 2013 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD, and I'll update at the start of each week. Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in bold.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.

Congratulations!!
joy.gif

jodieanneanton - welcomed Graham Vincent on February 20th
babyboy.gif

AdalinesMama - Welcomed babies Calliope Jane ane Eleanor Wendy on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif
babygirl.gif

autumngrey - Welcomed baby Éowyn Iris on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif

Harmony96 - Welcomed baby Josiah Nathan on 31 December 2012
babyboy.gif

stegenrae - welcomed baby Genevieve Soleil on 12 December 2012
babygirl.gif

Greenmamato2 - welcomed baby Gunner Alexander on 15 November 2012
babyboy.gif

Wendylynn - welcomed baby boy born 9 November 2012
babyboy.gif

RoseRedHoofbeats - welcomed babies Thomas and Augustus born 6 November 2012
babyboy.gif
babyboy.gif

zubeldia - welcomed baby Charlie born 17 October 2012
babyboy.gif

diana_of_the_dunes - welcomed baby Rowyn born 11 July 2012
babygirl.gif

3surfboys - welcomed baby Skyla born 2 July 2012
babygirl.gif

thecountrymouse - Welcomed baby Enso 11 June 2012
babyboy.gif

Slshoe128 - Welcomed baby Kinzley Hope 27 May 2012
babygirl.gif

cristeen - Welcomed Ezri Almara 26 May 2012
babyboy.gif

CorgiMommy - Welcomed baby Sean 21 May 2012
babyboy.gif

Callieollie - Welcomed baby Emma May 5 2012
babygirl.gif

Snadaska - Welcomed a baby girl April 8 2012
babygirl.gif

Ekandrmkb - Welcomed baby Penelope born 4 April 2012
babygirl.gif

Loveandlight33 - welcomed a baby boy born 23 March 2012
babyboy.gif

Remark71 - welcomed baby Scott Edward 13 March 2012
babyboy.gif

Cameragirl - welcomed baby Avery Reed born 5 March 2012
babyboy.gif

hildare - welcomed baby Caoimhin Buck born 7 February 2012
babyboy.gif

zejh - Welcomed baby Jane
babygirl.gif

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....

cygknit - EDD 21 July 2012
babygirl.gif

soul-o - EDD 29 August 2012
stork-suprise.gif

maxnmaizy - EDD 4 July 2012
nicolemarie - EDD 15 July 2012
Gemmine - EDD 4 November 2012
paranoidprego - EDD 10 Feb 2013

Expecting
dust.gif

CamoShades - 40 weeks, expecting baby #3, after two losses. EDD Feb 26 2013

writinglove- 38 weeks, expecting baby #2, first baby stillborn in December 2011. EDD March 2013

knoel - 36 weeks, expecting baby #2, 1 loss.

Rainey Daye - 32 weeks, expecting baby #2, with three more in heaven, EDD 21 April 2013

Lisaanne - 32 weeks, expecting baby #3,with two more in heaven. EDD 23 April 2013

1babysmom - 28 weeks, expecting baby #4, with seven more in heaven. EDD Late April 2013

Tenk - 22 weeks, expecting baby #6, with 6 more in heaven. EDD 5 July 2013

talldarkeyes - 21 weeks, EDD July 6 with baby #2 with 3 previous losses

beingmommy - 20weeks, expecting baby #2, 2 losses, EDD 12 July 2013

heyitskalista - 20 weeks, expecting baby #4, 1 loss, EDD 15 July 2013

J and Js mommy - 18 weeks, expecting baby #3, baby #2 born still, EDD 26 July 2013

thecoffeebean - 17 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 5 losses. EDD 2 August 2013

carmen358 - 17 weeks pregnant with #2 after 5 losses. EDD 7 August 2013

porcelina - 16 weeks, expecting baby # 3, 4 losses, EDD 6 August 2013

Thebyr - 12 weeks, expecting baby #1. Two previous losses: 8 weeks and 18 weeks. EDD 9 September 2013

sarahl918 - 9 weeks, expecting #1 after 2 losses, EDD 30 September, 2013

Jennyanydots- 8-9 weeks, expecting #4 after 1 loss. EDD September 2013

MommaMeggles - 7 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 1 previous loss. EDD 8 October 2013

maszat85 - 7 weeks, expecting #2 after 4 losses. EDD 12 October, 2013

revolting - 7 weeks, expecting number 3 after 4 losses. EDD 16 October, 2013

shiloh- 6 weeks, expecting after 1 loss. EDD October 2013

In our thoughts...

unuselyriver
ribbonpb.gif

JelloPanda
ribbonpb.gif

ambam
ribbonpb.gif

thecoffeebean
ribbonpb.gif

MatushkaAnna
ribbonpb.gif

Milk8Shake
ribbonpb.gif

MegEliz
ribbonpb.gif

Babycatcher
ribbonpb.gif

beingmommy
ribbonpb.gif

BetsyPage
ribbonpb.gif

Revolting
ribbonpb.gif

thecoffeebean
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella
ribbonpb.gif

SilaMarila
ribbonpb.gif

Shell29
ribbonpb.gif

sarahl918
ribbonpb.gif

deborahbgkelly
ribbonpb.gif

MIA - Please feel free to jump back in any time!

evillager (EDD 10 September 2012)
Deportivo4 - (EDD February 2013)
AmBam - (EDD 18 April 2013)
Tourneymama - (EDD 4 July 2013)

See less See more
#104 ·
Did my consult and have an apptmnt scheduled on Thursday. Don't love the guy, but hoping to change to a homebirth midwife if all goes well anyway. He's about the most holistic OB in my area.

I've had two pregnancy losses and a chemical pregnancy in the last year. Still thinking about what kind of testing I want for this pregnancy. For those of you with multiple losses, what resources have been the best for you for figuring out what kind of testing/treatment you want to pursue this time around? If there's testing that can help me figure out what causes all these losses, I want it, but I often find testing stressful and still want to trust as much as I can that my body still knows how to do the whole healthy pregnancy thing, too.

#105 ·
OMG I am here!
This month I was dx with hydrosaphinx.
My dr asked if "saving my fertility" was important to me. I said I was okay with being done. DP was supportive. Uro/gyno offered me a hysterectomy because of that and the prolapses. I kept taking my pills faithfully (I'm on POP for factor2/prothrombin so they're only 90% effective)I had the runs - was taking 2 pills a day during that. But my period is due on Vday. So I'm at the dollarstore...hey its a buck.
It came out negative.
I looked at it after 10 minutes - faint line. Went got FRER thinking cheap tests are useless. Two dark thick lines.
I'm not telling anyone until I get a hb on u/s. Except the mamas here!!!
EDD is probably October 23rd, 2013

#106 ·
Hi everyone, I appreciate all the support and letting me stick around even though my babe didn't make it. I can't wait to share my adoption story with you all. I've started reading about adoption and finished one of the books in less than 2 days. Thebyr- Kind of neat that we have the same project. I have a usable sun porch and usable tables again. Here are pictures of my progress (bonus Peachy picture):

#107 ·
Hey Deborah! I am glad you jumped back in! My dh and I did foster care for two years with the intent to adopt and raised a little one from birth until 10 months. We wanted to adopt him SO much but alas, the foster system is cruel. What route are you planning on going? Domestic/international? Adoption is amazing and I cant wait to hear your story!

#108 ·
At this point, we plan on domestic infant through an agency. There is an agency here that specializes in transitioning infertile couples from the world of treatments to the world of adoption. The nurse who did my D&C adopted from there and had her baby home in 9 months. A literal paper pregnancy. I feel that, since we have not parented a living child, it wouldn't be fair to an older child for us to adopt him/her because someone else may be better equipped to handle those challenges.Also, our foster care system aims for reunification in most cases, so adoption is not real common from the foster care system.

#109 ·
Adoption is more common than you think in the foster system but it takes a very long time. I wasn't suggesting you go that route. The baby we raised was a likely candidate for an adoption however things did not work out that way. He will probably remain in the foster system for another 4 years before he is allowed to be adopted and THAT is cruel.

#110 ·
We have some very good friends who are a lesbian couple and are in the process of adoption as we speak. I adore them as people and as a couple and even offered to be one of their "on record as saying" support people for the process to get started :) AND my cousin and his wife (less than 1 year ago) adopted a sweet sweet little girl from China and we all adore her. They even came down this summer and stayed with us for a few days so I was able to play with her <3 Deborah, I can't wait to follow your story as well!!

Shiloh, I've been following your story as well and honestly mama, it's good to see you here <3

Revolting, the testing they did after my 3 early m/c didn't show anything at all and I ended up doing a hysteroscopy and having a polyp removed .. I was pregnant the cycle after that with my 4 y/o. After O passed at 18w there was NO reason for it and no one could tell us what went wrong. They also said that K passed at 38w from being tangled in the cord, so there's really no explanation for those 2 losses and testing or preparing couldn't change the outcome. Well, I shouldn't say that. If I went in at 35w this time and they found the cord around his neck they would probably admit me and do very frequent monitoring and deliver at any sign of distress ... this is why L was born at 33w5d <3 hugs to you and I hope you get some answers!!

J&J, see they are ALL PMS'ing right now and SUCK. I'm sorry he's being a shit and I hope it passes quickly. Thankfully my DH is over his crappy attitude now.

TDE, I would LOVE to foster and we've talked about it, but AS LONG AS WE GET TO BRING THIS BABY HOME we'll have no room in the van for another little and when oldest DD moves out I'm afraid DH will be on the mind set of .. we're not starting over (that's still 5 years away) so that option is probably off the table for us plus it would probably break my heart when they left :(

WritingLove, how are you?!

Hi all thinking about you guys constantly and keeping busy selling stuff on eBay. I've actually made almost $200 this week (after shipping costs) but still owe eBay fees but hey it's better to make room for new sizes. I'm selling L's clothes that no longer fit since baby is not a girl and we won't need them ever again. If anyone is interested in looking at what I have listed my seller id is Tenkeveal1 but don't feel obligated at all. Oh and I just sold a tie dyed Moby wrap for $22 :( off to work today :)

#111 ·
deborahbgkelly - Ooo. I love that space.. and the tables too. We have a room like that... Right now it's multi-purpose.. but I would love to make it a nice sitting room for reading. You must keep us posted on your adoption story. I think it totally counts as a rainbow baby and is totally appropriate for this thread.
smile.gif
Shiloh - Welcome Shiloh. What an amazing story. I think surprise babies are AWESOME and Exciting! I lost ours back in 2008 - but I was so excited the 8 weeks I was preggers. I wish you the best of luck.
revolting - I went the really hands-off holistic midwife route my last pregnancy - and they failed to diagnose my very serious fibroid.. well, one midwife diagnosed it but my midwife blew it off.... so this time.. I'm doing everything.. NT bloodwork and NT scan, 18 week body scan, doppler at my appointments, etc.. the only thing I don't plan on doing is an amnio. They also have to give me an u/s every 4 weeks to watch for fibroid growth and uterine rupture at my myomectomy incision sites. I have an MFM and a regular OB and I'm letting them co-manage me. Because I bled so much during my pre-term labor... they are watching me for any signs of contractions early in pregnancy. I don't necessarily recommend going the same route - but for me.. it eases my mind a little to know they are watching my bean this time.. before - she was totally ignored and was in distress. Praying for you revolting.
Tenk - Awe man Tenk - I was looking for a moby! You should inbox me your ebay store!
Writing, Coffee and TDE
wave.gif

AFM - My nausea is KICKING! I was laid up all day yesterday (might be these ax I'm on).... head in hands trying not to puke. I guess that's a good sign - although I ALWAYS have nausea....I tried distracting myself with season one of the Walking Dead. WHAT A GREAT SERIES. I'm on season 2 episode 4 now. I can't wait to get home and watch more.

#112 ·
Thebyr- I was thinking that too. I don't know why I didn't think that before yesterday. LOL. TDE- That depends on state and county and I asked someone in the foster care system here when I was considering volunteering with them. I also didn't think you were suggesting it, I was just telling you one reason I'm choosing an agency. AFM- Having bad neck pain and Peaches now has a puffy eye. My poor pup has had a rough couple of weeks.

#113 ·
Wow, look at you guys- more active than my DDC club, I think!! :)

I feel like I'm in a funk right now- I'm on day 16 of waiting for my MaterniT21 test results. I am SO sick of the waiting. I feel so emotionally vulnerable right now, like anything could set me off, and the constant questions/texts/emails about whether I have the results yet from well-meaning friends and family are about to drive me nuts. I want to crawl into a hole and just avoid getting the results at this point. I'm that sick of the whole ordeal and I wish I'd never opted for the stupid test! Thanks for letting me vent here.

#114 ·
aw coffee! What gives? Why is your doc taking so long with the results? Or is this totally normal? I know another girl in my babycenter rainbow group had hers done last week. I've never even heard of it. I just figured out what an NT scan tests for. What this recommended for you - or just part of the regular battery of tests your doc recommends? I hope the results come soon!

#117 ·
Its funny how perspectives change! I got a friend on fb always complaining she's tired of being pregnant. Swear to god if I end up barfing with ms this time atleast the first time I will end up smiling and crying tears of joy.

Its funny I thought I'd get to the "trying to concieve" group first. I feel like I hit the square on snakes and ladders.

I'm trying to be zen. Loving every minute this soul decides to stay with me. Have beta tomorrow and convo about hemotologist (go back to mine or use the one my midwife works with)

I'm pregnant.

It is so nice to see so many familiar mamas on here. I don't feel like joining a ddc yet. But maybe I should...or just stay here.

#120 ·
Congrats on the baby boy bean coffee bean! The attitude was forged over the last 10 months of insanity. Many beautiful things came about processing the loss. I'm so ready for a rainbow. I'm trying not to stress but every twinge, I snap to attention. I think once you know not every train arrives at its destination you can only enjoy the journey. For this moment I am blessed. I'm hoping I get 9 months.

#121 ·
Whew, I cannot keep up with this thread!
biggrinbounce.gif

Jennyanydots, sorry for the getting sicker even though it's good. I had wretched morning sickness for weeks on end and it IS hard even when you know it's for a good cause. Hoping you find some relief. And sorry for being far away from family and friends. We are too. I have found a great community of moms where we are BUT my DS has lots of issues being around other kids right now so I don't get to make it to very many gatherings.

Sarah1918, oh what a cute little bean! Yay! Don't worry about the measurements. They are so inprecise when they are so small. We wound up with weekly u/s from 8-12 weeks (because of my SCH) and one week the baby would measure 3 days a ahead, the next week 4 days behind, the next week right on. It's down to millimeters and the baby needing to be in the perfect postion for accuracy.

Talldarkeyes, thanks for the advice on the OB stuff! I may do that. I feel a little weird because I really like the OBs. It's just not feeling like our path anymore (I mean, assuming I DO end up low risk).

Maszat85, wow so sorry your doctor was kind of discouraging about the shots and stuff. The last thing you need to hear right now. But glad your friend is so supportive! Sending good vibes your way.

Revolting! I must have missed you being here! Yay! Congrats! Hoping for a sweet rainbow for you.

Deborah, hugs! The theatre groups sounds like fun! I did a little theatre back in college and still miss it. And I am excited to hear about your adoption journey too. My BIL and wife adopted a little girl when she was 1 day old. She is amazing.

J and Js Mommy, sorry for your rough day! I am glad you had some good at your group. And I think it is so sweet of you to feel for and be concerned about talking about your pregnancy with the new couple.

Shiloh, congrats! Sending sticky vibes your way!

Thebyr, sorry for the awful nausea. I always have nausea too so it's good but also not as reassuring as I want. I keep meaning to watch The Walking Dead.

Coffeebean, yay for the great results! And a boy! Woo!

Writinglove,
luxlove.gif

Hugs to everyone else!

AFM: Had our weekly heartbeat check today and it was good. Nausea is mostly gone, just crops up every few evenings. My DS has a little cold but is in good spirits and no fever. I always get nervous when he has colds because he has asthma. But so far it seems to be staying upper respiratory. Counting down the days to our 20 week scan when I hope we see the SCH is gone AND I hope we see that everything is fine. We did not do any early testing. I just couldn't handle the anxiety of there being a "maybe" bad result then weeks of waiting to find out more (we had some bad experinces with my Ds and testing - a positive toxioplasmosis that wound up being a false positive after two weeks of nail-biting waiting). And I knew I would not do an amnio or anything. But I am a little nervous for the anatomy scan.

#122 ·
U/S today was a total let down. Well, not totally: we did get to see our baby bouncing around in there! The tech told us at the beginning that she would not tell us anything about our baby, including the gender. I had to crane my neck to see and it took an hour! Why?! My dh actually fell asleep a few times during it. We only got two profile pictures and she acted like that was generous. She was a perfectly nice tech but the hospital must run a terribly tight ship.

Anyway, my midwife emailed me the results a few hours ago and baby is healthy and a GIRL! We decided before the scan not to tell anyone we know IRL for a number of reasons, so we now we have a good excuse. Our families are not happy! Oh well...

#123 ·
Congrats on the girl, TDE! That's crappy about the ultrasound tech, in my humble opinion. That must have a been a long wait in between the ultrasound and the midwife's email.

#124 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoffeebean View Post

That must have a been a long wait in between the ultrasound and the midwife's email.
Surprisingly my midwife emailed only 3 hours afterwards! I was not expecting to hear anything until my appointment next week. Homebirth midwives rock! I am so relieved the baby is healthy! It was pretty tortuous having to lie there for an hour not knowing if what I was looking at was okay or not. I am also very relieved the baby is a girl.

#125 ·
coffeebean, talldarkeyes- how exciting!!!! With my DD we chose not to find out the gender, but this time, fingers crossed, I might just cave in!

Today I went for another checkup, at 5w5d. Thankfully, everything so far looks well- a 19mm gest. sac and a 3.5mm baby, nice yolk sac. I even saw a teeny-tiny heartbeat!!!! Or should we say "tube-beat".

The doctor said he liked what he saw, but of course, knowing my history, it is better to be cautiously optimistic.

But for now, this is good news!

#126 ·
Tde great! I've had a bad tech too, no personality at all. Great news.
Beingmommy haha your name pops up on my autocorrect on my phone now haha. And I'm counting down the days til our scan too!!3 weeks. Movement is rare. I've gained 4 lbs recently. Belly is huge to me and I'll be in maternity clothes soon. With the baby being due I think I've realized that we can't move until it's born due to insurance. Private insurance with a pre existing prego status is crazy expensive. Boo!!! How much do midwives cost for home birth?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.