Expecting our Rainbow Babies - MAY! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

ok a little nerves for the nt scan on monday and the blood work  i feel so nerves cause Down Syndrome and Hydrocephalus and Trisomy 13 coming up positive results cause it runs in my family really bad just hoping for the best 

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#32 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
J&J- Wait. My vag will be brush burned during a c-section too?

Mommy to an amazing rainbow1284.gif baby boy 8.27.13
#33 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 06:02 PM

no it wont i dont think she knows you where have a c-section shine.gif lol

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#34 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unuselyriver - I was really nervous about Down syndrome too. In fact were still waiting on our Harmony test results (they might be in as early as tomorrow) It was honestly causing me to panic. Then one morning I woke up and was like "why am I so worried? If the baby has Down syndrome that's fine!" And I've been so much more at ease ever since. I even was looking up info on downs and looking at adorable pictures and I realized it just isn't a big deal to me. I used to work with kids who had Down syndrome and to me they are a blessing. Anyway so that was my realization that helped me relax while waiting for my results! Hope you can relax too. And of course the chances are still very slim even if someone in your family is affected.

Mom through birth and foster care adoption to DS 9, DD 6, and DD 7 mos 
Check out my blog: No Bohns About It
#35 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spent 4 hours in L&D today with possible Preterm labor. Definitely contracting but they aren't causing dilation at this point. They discovered that the baby had flopped breech which is causing me all the pain. So basically I just need to get this baby to turn so the pain will stop! I am kinda pissed since I was following the spinning babies advice and the baby was in the perfect position until last week.

crochetsmilie.gifWife to wonderful DH (8/04) and SAHM to DD1 (4/08) and DD2 rainbow1284.gif (7/13)

#36 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM

Down Syndrome dose not bother me as much as the other two which are nine times out of ten the baby do make it pass the first year and my sister had two babys with this and there is a long line of downs in my family as well which i am fine with it just the other two that are bother me so badly 

#37 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM

Right Thebyr I forgot u wld have a c section! So your AREA will still be good. Lol

Tde oh no! Drink some juice and get that bAby flopping. Were u planning on a natural delivery ? U just supposed to rest? Of course it was freezing for so long and now it's nice and we r big and limited. Dang

I had a stomach bug yesterday with the most painful clench in my belly and chest ever. It was like when u r In painful labor and u want everyone to shut up and don't touch u. Lol i wouldn't say it was contractions because it just clenched and didn't let go.

In the news a 27-28 week old fetus was found in a high school trash can. Wtf. I'm exactly that far. And a boy. Makes me so freaking mad.
#38 of 509 Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM

J&J There isn't a whole lot I can do at this point, according to the midwife at the hospital. She said 80% of breech babies at 30 weeks will turn by 36. I will see what my midwife says on Monday. I was planning a homebirth and if the baby doesn't turn I will either have to have a c section which I do not want or find a Dr. That will deliver breech babies. But at this point we still have just over 5 weeks to get this baby to turn on its own so I am going to focus on that.

I heard about that girl today from dh. She attended the city high school in our county. I just feel sad for her. The teen pregnancy rate in that school is astronomical and the poverty and culture in that city is unfathomable. We had a teen mom from the city as a foster child and her life was a horror story. The sad thing is that she didn't realize there was anything wrong with the life she was living.

Sorry about your stomach bug! I hope it doesn't head our way...

crochetsmilie.gifWife to wonderful DH (8/04) and SAHM to DD1 (4/08) and DD2 rainbow1284.gif (7/13)

#39 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 05:21 AM

Thebyer-don't see why you can't tequest those things. They are supposed to do delay cord cutting now and lt mom with baby asap, even with cesarean. Not sure about breastfeeding right off though or the chest laying, I don't know hoe the set up is. Isn't there a drape thing between you and the surgery sight? Maybe your dh can hold baby while they close you up and then see what you can do about going to recovery sooner?

Talldarkeyes-I had ctx at 7m with ds1 and put on partial bedrest till delivery. They stopped, I just couldn't be up for more than an hour once they did. What is spinning baby?

That's sad about the news. I saw a very pregnant girl smoking yesterday-wanted to go whop her one. So mad and sad for the baby.

Afm-still not sure on the bloodwork. I had tgought about the harmony test, but don't eant mine or the baby's genes mapped and stored someplave for them to do with what they like. But then I'm paranoid like that. The downs doesn't bother me, but I'd like to know if we need to change our birth plans. Feel very excited about going into 12wks this week smile.gif I told myself yesterday that what are the odds of me getting in another car accident and I need to relax and enjoy this pregnancy. I feel like I'm depriving myself and the baby and my family.
#40 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 AM

tde i had a breech baby that was a  vaginal birth dont mean to scare you but alot of things can go wrong i had my pelvic broke and his collar bone got dislocate so i just thought i would let you know it but i wash ok about 6 months down the road my son still has problems with his poping out of place from time to time here is a link to a sunny side up birth but i wish my went like this but it did not http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R_DQgKMxI8Q#!

#41 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Hippymum, I wasn't put on bed rest because my cervix was 3 inches long so the midwife said I just need to rest and drink a lot when they start. This morning they started when I was sleeping and woke me up. I kept telling her that I was plenty hydrated and rested but nobody seemed to believe me. My urine sample should have been proof enough. They just kept me drinking fluids but neither the pain or contractions ever stopped so in the end they had to agree it must be the position. They did tell me not to have sex for two weeks since I was spotting after my last encounter with my spouse.

URiver, I am sorry you had such a rough experience. Even so I would prefer a vaginal birth over a c section. Please no more horror stories, anyone! I want to focus on the fact that this baby WILL turn and not think about the risks of breech delivery until it is necessary. I still have 5 weeks! If the baby is still breech at 33 weeks I will start seeing a Webster Chiropractor.

#42 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 AM

i am sorry i just want to let you know things can go wrong and then things can go with out any problems like in the link but i will be hope the baby turns for you my son was in the right place about 2 days before i gave birth so they can turn at anytime 

#43 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Tde-hmm, I wasn't dilated either, but my bp was shooting up so maybe that was part of the ctx? They had us in l&d for the whole evening as ctx were every 20min and said if bp wouldn't go down they'd take him. Thankfully it did and the ctx stopped. A lot od babies move, you have plenty of time. Lol, with ds2 I was on my hands/knees and it caused him to turn facing out for delivery. Didn't know baby could turn around during labor like that.

Uriver-ugh, that doesn't seem nice greensad.gif sorry that happened.
#44 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Failed my sugar glucose test. Third kid and 3rd time failed. So damn mad but I know tge test and eating instructions they give are flawed. How the he'll do I fail the drink but the 3 hour fast with bloodwork comes out fine? Bs waste of time. This is exactly y I didn't want to take the test in the beginning.. Now they'll want me to fast and get sick for days and be even more miserable.
#45 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and Js mommy View Post

Failed my sugar glucose test. Third kid and 3rd time failed. So damn mad but I know tge test and eating instructions they give are flawed. How the he'll do I fail the drink but the 3 hour fast with bloodwork comes out fine? Bs waste of time. This is exactly y I didn't want to take the test in the beginning.. Now they'll want me to fast and get sick for days and be even more miserable.

I failed the one with L and had to do the 3 hour and passed it with flying colors too.  The test just SUCKS!!  Sorry mama!!

TDE, I'm glad you're ok and that baby isn't coming out right now, we'll say a little prayer that she turns for you too!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#46 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 PM

Hippymum, my contractions were coming about every 7-10 minutes but my BP was fabulous. Still having contractions though less often. I read yesterday that in order for the baby to turn it needs a hard surface and will often turn during contractions so I wonder if that is why I am contracting so much?

J&J, boo! That test sucks. I declined it at my midwife had no problem with it. She also offers and alternative to the glucola called "the pancake and orange juice breakfast"

#47 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM

ugh... I have the glucose test in 2 weeks. IMMA FAIL!!! greensad.gif I'll probably puke this mess up. Can I just skip it. What happens if I just don't do it and act like I forgot? Will they come to my house in the middle of the night like ninjas, sneak into my room, cover my eyes and mouth and drag me to the blood lab?

#48 of 509 Old 05-03-2013, 11:46 PM

Ha ha ha thebyr! 

I feel for you - dont think they do that test here, at least i've never had to before. 

Thinking of you all x

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#49 of 509 Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 AM

Jj-sorry about the test. Ehy are they having you fast?

Can't you ladies ask for the meal instead? An ob prob won't bring it up, but thete's lots of info you can print and take on the false pos of the test vs eating test. I can't see making myself sick like that and didn't know the alternative with ds1.

Tde-perhaps natures way of making baby turn smile.gif will they try turning the baby at a certain week or no?
#50 of 509 Old 05-04-2013, 12:50 PM

Yes tde that does sound like natures way of getting her to turn.
Haha thebyr.
I'm gonna see how long I can dodge tge blood test
#51 of 509 Old 05-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sorry I've been MIA. This is our Holy Week and we've been at 1-3 services every day since last Friday. Tonight is Pascha! I'm getting the kids up and getting everyone (and the food) to church by 11:30 tonight. Heading to take a shower and lie down for a rest now while I can. Woo hoo!

I've been reading along when I could and thinking about all of you. (((hugs)))

Wife to DH for 17 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 9 months), 2 boys (11, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#52 of 509 Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 PM

Please add me to the header? 12 wks (edd Nov 13th)- expecting #1 after 1 loss. Got to hear the HB via Doppler last week- baby even kicked twice. I never had that with the baby I lost. I'm trying to stay excited.

And, on topic: I'm opting out of the GTT because absolutely nothing in my diet would change if it came back positive. I eat meat, vegetables, some fruit, and just enough bread/potatoes/rice/noodles to make sure I'm over the requisite 50+ grams of carbohydrate per day to make sure I don't risk ketosis (which can be toxic to baby). I don't have the amount of sugar in those drinks in an average week! Luckily, my midwife is letting me opt out.

-MQ

SAH Princess, happily married to my adorable Nerf Herder

brokenheart.gif 2009 Expecting my rainbow1284.gif in November 2013

#53 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 AM

welcome MQ tiphat.gif

#54 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome mq I will add you soon!

8 might be enough
#55 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 06:01 AM

Welcome MQ! Congrats on the HB! 

22 weeks today. Getting so close to viability... SO nervous that something will go wrong. I dreamed I was dilating last night. I woke up freaked out. I think it's just nerves... but I have a lot of anxiety now that I'm closer to some of my bigger milestones. Luckily I go to my doc's office every week so if I still feel wonky on Wednesday - I'll make them check me out. 

In better news - I saw my first kick last night. My tummy actually jumped - I didn't want to move for at least 30 seconds. lol

#56 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 AM

Welcome MQ

thebyr - wow on seeing a kick!

Afm - feeling little flutters which is lovely, and bump is popping out!

We are having a lovely day here, first bbq of the yearsmile.gif

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#57 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 AM

just popping in to see how everyone is doing... yaaaaay for kicks and flutters!

Crazy nerve-wrecking afternoon- in 2 hours I will be announcing to my students' parents that I will not take the class on to second grade- I'm at a Waldorf school, where the teacher is with the class for years, if not for all 8 years- so this is a big deal. I keep on thinking I will say it and then something happens to baby- how weird is that?????? Calm thoughts, calm thoughts.

stillheart.gifwife to M (36), mommy to M Zs (May 2009) and B D (Oct 2013)angel1.gif 4.5wks Feb 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks June 2011, angel1.gif 9.5wks Nov 2011, angel1.gif 7.5wks Oct 2012.

#58 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 AM

feeling really good today went and had my nt scan baby is looking really well and would not stop moving around long enough for the lady to get the pic of his neck then another lady cane in and got it which it was a 1.8 and i was told anything under 3.0 was good by the doc and they did the blood work too will post pic of baby latter

#59 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

I skipped the IPS :) And skipped my doctors appointment for Wednesday. I asked the secretary when do I really need to come, she said 18 weeks so I won't see him until the 27th! I got a third contract this week that starts - crazy me 3 on the go now. And really didn't want to take a few hours and a few hundred dollars out for a five minute ob appointment that would have me nervous. Besides I don't need a doppler I can feel him/her moving around. I have settled into this pregnancy nicely.

8 might be enough
#60 of 509 Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM

URiver, so glad you got to see baby and the NT scan went well!!

MQ, welcome to the club :)

Thebyr, I LOVE watching them move.  Recently Camden has been kicking when I lay close to DH and DH gets the kick in the side or back etc.  My littles love to watch him move around too.  So happy for you!!

Shiloh, I'm glad you're in a place where skipping the appt is comfortable for you!!

TDE, how's the swelling?

J&J, How are things, did you get your next glucose test set up?

MAnna, hopefully you get some time to relax with holy week ending?!

Sienna, love the flutters, glad you're there!!

AFM ... pretty sure I'm just broken at this point.  Too many pregnancies and too many scars on my uterus (still can't figure out how Michelle Duggar does this!!) and will find out more tomorrow.  On Friday night I was trying to have a BM and noticed that something was bulging from my vagina, it was my vaginal wall (I felt it, then looked with a mirror) and FREAKED the F out!!  Decided I needed to check my cervix to see what else was going on, it was only about 1 inch inside my vagina and was very stretchy and open.  Crying ensued and a call to my Dr 2 hours away was made.  My Dr suggested I go to the local L&D to get checked out so that's what I did.  At L&D a nurse came in, checked me (by now I had been laying down for well over an hour) and my cervix was back in a more normal place, still anterior but higher up and closed but she could force a finger in meaning it was still obviously stretchy.  She monitored me and baby and left to call the Dr who told her to send me home because my cervix was closed and I only had 1-2 ctx the whole time I was there.  I said "hmm, so what happens when I go to the bathroom again?"  she replied don't strain and to take milk of mag to loosen things up  (I was NOT constipated BTW, but everything bulging forward was preventing it from moving OUT of my bowels) and I said OK.  I then said, what happens if my cervix comes all the way out, do I just shove it back up in there?!?!  and she looked me right in the eye and said ... oh, I have no advice for that and the Dr didn't say anything about it so maybe you should just call your Dr again.  She signed the papers to send me home and was on her way.  I have since sent a formal complaint to the hospital admin explaining how ridiculous it is for me to come in and be sent home without so much as an answer as to how to handle a prolapsed cervix.  Someone from the hospital called me today and left a VM telling me they would NOT be billing my insurance for the visit and the next time I should demand to see a Dr or at least get an answer/refuse to leave without an answer.  I took the milk of mag that night and all day Sat and Sun I've had diarrhea (even today but less) and I have still had the bulging and my cervix is still super stretchy and low.  As long as I'm not bleeding or leaking fluid I'm skipping the local BS and will see my Dr tomorrow anyway.  After much reading I've learned I have a prolapse and more specifically rectocele prolapse but also weak vaginal (I think that's what it's called) floor.  Mind you, this didn't get this way until AFTER I lost Oliver at 18w and had to have the D&E procedure, God only knows what they did to me inside to cause such destruction :(  (after that my periods were AWFUL and I went to the Dr once because I felt a similar bulge but she said everything would/should tighten back up after my hormones regulated).  Either way, being in an upright position hurts, everything down there hurts.  And if I walk around much at all the bulging is worse as well.  I will let you know what my Dr says tomo.  We also have a follow up with the Peds Cardiologist tomo to find out what's going on with the hole in his heart.   I really do think my uterus is just super worn out and can't support everything it's been through. 

I did manage to snap a photo this morning as I was dressing  31w4d, Camden will be here in 5w2d and I'm at 161 lbs

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page