Mothering Forum banner
7K views 330 replies 19 participants last post by  porcelina 
#1 ·
This is the October 2013 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

****If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD IN BOLD, and I'll update at the start of each week.**** Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in bold.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.
congrats
:joy

supperbeans - welcomed a baby girl on Oct 31 2013
babygirl.gif

M anna - welcomed a baby girl on Oct 31 2013
babygirl.gif

shiloh - welcomed a baby girl on Oct 12 2013
babygirl.gif

mommaMeggles - welcomed a baby girl on Oct 6 2013
babygirl.gif

maszat85 -welcomed a baby boy on Oct 1 2013
babyboy.gif

sarah1918 -welcomed baby Eleanora on Oct 1 2013
babygirl.gif

jennyanydots - welcomed baby Adrian rowe on september 20 2013
babyboy.gif

graysmamma - welcomed a baby boy on September 8 2013
babyboy.gif

Sienna forever -welcomed a baby girl on August 28 2013
babygirl.gif

Thebyr - welcomed a baby boy on August 27 2013
babyboy.gif

Thecoffeebean - welcomed baby August Everett August 6 2013
babyboy.gif

Carmen358 -- welcomed a baby London Douglas july 2013
babyboy.gif

Heyitkalista- welcomed baby Ruby on july 11 2013
babygirl.gif

J&J mommy- welcomed a cutie little baby boy Cole Jackson on july 10 2013
babyboy.gif

Talkdarkeyes-welcomed baby Lorelei Phoebe - july 8 2013
babygirl.gif

Tenk -welcomed baby Camden - June 2013
babyboy.gif

Beingmommy - welcomed a baby boy -June 2013
babyboy.gif

Laisanne - welcomed baby Isabelle - May 2013
babygirl.gif

Rainey Daye-welcomed baby Penelope Grace 13 April 2013
babygirl.gif

Writinglove -welcomed baby Espen John born 14 March 2013
babyboy.gif

jodieanneanton- welcomed Graham Vincent on February 20th
babyboy.gif

AdalinesMama- Welcomed babies Calliope Jane ane Eleanor Wendy on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif
babygirl.gif

autumngrey- Welcomed baby Éowyn Iris on 4 January 2013
babygirl.gif

Harmony96- Welcomed baby Josiah Nathan on 31 December 2012
babyboy.gif

stegenrae - welcomed baby Genevieve Soleil on 12 December 2012
babygirl.gif

Greenmamato2 -welcomed baby Gunner Alexander on 15 November 2012
babyboy.gif

Wendylynn - welcomed baby boy born 9 November 2012
babyboy.gif

Roseredhoofbeats -welcomed babies Thomas and Augustus born 6 November 2012
babyboy.gif
babyboy.gif

zubeldia - welcomed baby Charlie born 17 October 2012
babyboy.gif

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....

Crunchy mom qi - EDD 14 Oct 2013

revolting - EDD 16 Oct 2013

paranoidprego - EDD 10 Feb 2013

CamoShades - EDD Feb 26 2013

Expecting
dust.gif

Patience2013 -39 weeks expecting baby #5 after 4 losses EDD November - 6 -2013

Unuselyriver- 38 weeks expecting baby #4 after 7 losses EDD November -11- 2013

M.Q. - 38 weeks, expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD November -13 2013

hippy mum - 38 weeks, expecting baby #3 after 1 loss. EDD November - 20 -2013

100%mom - 37 weeks, expecting baby #6 with 3 more in heaven. EDD November -19 -2013

Jilidez - 32 weeks expecting baby #2 after 1 loss EDD December -25- 2013

Pattimomma - 24 weeks, expecting baby #7 after 4 losses. EDD February 19, 2014

Holliet - 22 weeks expecting baby #1 after 1 loss . EDD march -3 - 2014

Planegreen - 21 weeks expecting baby #3 after 2 losses EDD march -10- 2014

Selissa - 21 weeks expecting baby #4 after 4 losses EDD march- 18 -2014

Porceline - 20 weeks expecting baby #3 after 5 losses EDD march -24 -2014

Philothea - 16 weeks expecting #2 after 2 losses EDD April -25- 2014

Dianita - 11 weeks, expecting baby # 7, after 4 losses EDD May-22-2014

Eazar - 10 weeks expecting baby #1 after 1 loss EDD May -26-2014

In our thoughts...

kimberleylb
ribbonpb.gif

mamacatsbaby
ribbonpb.gif

JelloPanda
ribbonpb.gif

ambam
ribbonpb.gif

Milk8Shake
ribbonpb.gif

MegEliz
ribbonpb.gif

Babycatcher
ribbonpb.gif

BetsyPage
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella
ribbonpb.gif

SilaMarila
ribbonpb.gif

Shell29
ribbonpb.gif

deborahbgkelly
ribbonpb.gif

MIA - Please feel free to jump back in any time!

evillager (EDD 10 September 2012)
Deportivo4 - (EDD February 2013)
AmBam - (EDD 18 April 2013)
Tourneymama - (EDD 4 July 2013

See less See more
#252 ·
Thanks M Anna and Planegreen.

Planegreen - used items are the best. A friend just gave us boy clothes through size 2T. There were great things in there like coats, suits and sweaters - things we hadn't thought to buy yet.

WELCOME Eazar! I've never had an umbilical cord cyst - hopefully this one will clear right up. Try not to worry -but I know that's not hardly easy for loss mommas. So glad you made your way here - this is a great group of ladies. SO supportive. Don't worry that a lot of women are close to the end - this group always seems to be full of ladies. And many of us stick around!

Lol Harmony - what a great story. Glad he kept his mouth shut!

AFM - Day 1 was pretty good. I left an hour early to rush home to my baby. Plus the hubs failed to check his phone so he didn't know I was requesting updates and pics all day. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Today was harder. I didn't want to leave the house. I hear it gets easier..when is that? lol...

#254 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

porcelina i think that would be a great thread to start i might stat that thread next month once my little girl is here where do you ladies think would be a good place to put a thread for the moms to talk about there rainbow babies
I think it's true that it can't go in the pregnancy and birth loss section, but it would be fine here:

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/32/life-with-a-baby

We could title it "Our Rainbow Babies are Here - November" or "Rainbow Baby Graduates - November" or something, and then have a brief description in the intro/first page explaining that the page is meant for women who have been through pregnancy and birth loss and have finally welcomed their rainbow babies. I think the MDC community would be respectful!

#255 ·
Uriver, if no one has volunteered I'll take over with the monthly threads. I do the updates for my due date club so I would just be adding some more updates to it.

the only thing is that I go back to working ten hour days next week, so my updates maybe be every other day, or at the end of the day, etc. :)

Well I see Porcelina already volunteered, if you want to switch off months or what not i'd be happy to. We could co-captain ;)

I also thing the rainbow babies thread is a fantastic idea since there is so much community here.

Eazer- I think that it does feel like everyone here is about to have their baby, I know that I felt like that when I moved over to this thread....but here we are months later with so many ladies about to have babies. I agree that some of it is that at the end there is just a bit more to talk about...and i think some of us stay in the the ttc after loss thread for the first bit after conceiving as well.

either way you are totally welcome here, update as often or as little as you would like. We are here for the worries and the joys in whatever ways you need us to be :)

afm- unrelated to the pregnancy, my asthma has been crazy levels of bad this year. we actually suspect it's the house we live in but we can't afford to move because 1) don't want to break the lease 2) i've been out on disability so much this year we are literally just scraping by right now. So my disability is up this week and I go back to work next sunday, which is good because we desperately need my full checks but I'm worried also because, my lungs are not back at full capacity...not even close. I'm worried I'll get fired, I'm worried my asthma will hurt the baby...i'm just worried worried worried...and i can't renew my fmla so this pretty much has to work...and on a side note ten hour days after two months to weak to even excercise much is going to KICK MY BUTT. lol

#256 ·
:w
EAZAR!!!

I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow so I am not about to have my baby
:blowkiss
I held back and didn't post much in the early weeks. I don't usually think of myself as superstitious but I felt like if I talked about it either too much or too little it would be bad luck
:laugh

M Anna - You are right about that baby registry, it was a big deal for me to actually make one too! I often go back and look at your blog post regarding flying in airplanes. It took me five months to really acknowledge that the plane had not only left the gate but luckily had been on auto-pilot since I couldn't accept that it was in the air!

Shiloh - I didn't know if you had seen it but 100% mom and I are both part of the "Moms of Many" group. Lots of good stuff going on over there.

Thebyr - It gets easier but not for a while. This morning my 2.5 year old was super whiny because she woke up too early. I was glad to go to work
:Sheepish
and felt sorry for my husband (SAHD). I hope she takes a long nap today! She's an awesome kid but that whole asking for something and when you give it to her she changes her mind, doesn't want it and has a fit about wanting something else can get on my nerves.

Selissa - Good luck at work. I hope that asthma takes a break. Is it affected by change in season at all?

#257 ·
pattimama- it is, usually summer and fall are my best seasons but this year it has been very wet and rainy which is the worst thing for my asthma. Hopefully we have a mild winter and I can make it to my childs birth without incidence....and thank you for the well wishes

#258 ·
Selissa, I would be happy to switch off with you!! I think that sounds like a great plan! And, of course, anyone else is welcome to contribute as well!! Thanks for your upkeep of our DDC! That's a bummer about the asthma and the house! Lots of carpeting I imagine? Could you have them pay for a steam clean at least?

Thebyr, I feel you on going back to work. That is definitely the hardest part!!

Patti, so glad you are posting again! And glad baby is bouncing around in there! I'm back to feeling absolutely nothing (after a short period of little bumps), so it is surreal. I have my anatomy scan next week and I think I will be getting anxious about that soon!

#261 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selissa View Post

I have a steam cleaner and we do steam clean regularly. but the house is old and moldy...and the carpets are ancient, they are sooo nasty no matter what we do. lol
Bummer!! My SIL has horrible allergies and simply can't have carpeting in her house! Too bad you can't pull it out!!

#263 ·
thebyr, I'll be thinking of you all week. it will get easier, but even then, there are good days and bad. I've said it before, but even though I stay home, I feel the tug of missing my career and I wish there could be a happy medium for many of us.

selissa- ugh, we bought our house 2 years ago and we rented it for a year before that, the firs we did was rip out 20+ year old carpets and I haven't had allergies since. I hope you can find something for your asmhtha, it sounds so difficult. I also think that zara sounds wonderful!

uriver- glad that little miracle is sticking to it!

welcome and hi to everyone else!

im 30 weeks now. my husband is back to work, thank goodness, and life is busy busy. im picking up extra shifts at my son's preschool, since its cooperative, and we all work.2-3 xs a month usually, and since I don't have any ,family here, I'm doing shifts for others now so I can take off when I have the baby. I also have a bunch of school visits scheduled in the next few weeks, the local schools are not great and we can't afford private, so I'm visiting all the local charters b4 lottery deadlines in december start.I also started doing hypnobabies and it's relaxing and still feels a bit hokey, I guess I need to buy in if it's going to work though. got to get to the chiropractor soon too, I am sore!

#266 ·
hippy mum: Congrats on 36 weeks! I'll be there tomorrow!
smile.gif

#267 ·
I love that there are so many of us in different places. So many so close, a bunch in the middle, and seeing some new folks - welcome Eazar!! We were all the new kids once and like Porcelina said, I held back from posting a little bit when I first moved over here because A-am I really pregnant? B-Is this going to stick? and C-All these ladies seem to know each other already. Don't worry, soon you will know all of us too!

#269 ·
Yes I am a mom of "many" lol!
AFM I got 2 kidney stones - 15mm and 13mm the big one is "stuck" half way down.
Superdad freaked out, I thought I was having after birth pains... It was odd since my dad offered to cancel his flight and stay if I needed him...I wonder if he sensed anything...

#276 ·
Shiloh, so sorry about the kidney stones! I've only had them once and I was pregnant so I couldn't have anything useful for pain. So glad you can have narcotics!!

Happy Birthday, Thebyr!!

100% mom: You're so close! I'm jealous of your planned homebirth! :)

AFM: TIRED. I shaved my legs tonight (yes, it's a major event now that it involves stretching and straining I didn't know was possible). Since the hair is growing so slowly I won't have to do it again before I hit the hospital. Yay for that. Whew. (And after the baby comes, who gives a flip when I shave them again!) I haven't taken a belly pic in weeks so I'm going to try to get one tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.