Mothering Forum banner

Expecting our Rainbow Babies - November!

9K views 332 replies 28 participants last post by  RRMum 
#1 ·
This is the November 2013 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

****If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD IN BOLD, and I'll update at the start of each week.**** Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in bold.

We have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.
Congratulations!!!
:joy

hippy mum* baby boy * Nov 17 2013
babyboy.gif

100%mom * baby boy * Nov 11 2013
babyboy.gif

Unuselyriver * Amberly Faith * Nov 7 2013
babygirl.gif

supperbeans * baby girl * Oct 31 2013
babygirl.gif

M anna * Catherine Rose * Oct 31 2013
babygirl.gif

revolting * baby boy * Oct 24 2013
babyboy.gif

shiloh * Rose * Oct 11 2013
babygirl.gif

mommaMeggles * baby girl * Oct 6 2013
babygirl.gif

maszat85 * baby boy * Oct 1 2013
babyboy.gif

sarah1918 * Eleanora * Oct 1 2013
babygirl.gif

jennyanydots * Adrian Rowe * September 20 2013
babyboy.gif

graysmamma * baby boy * September 8 2013
babyboy.gif

Sienna forever * baby girl * August 28 2013
babygirl.gif

Thebyr * baby boy * August 27 2013
babyboy.gif

Thecoffeebean * August Everett * August 6 2013
babyboy.gif

Carmen358 * London Douglas * July 2013
babyboy.gif

Heyitkalista * Ruby * July 11 2013
babygirl.gif

J&J mommy * Cole Jackson * July 10 2013
babyboy.gif

Talkdarkeyes * Lorelei Phoebe * July 8 2013
babygirl.gif

Tenk * Camden * June 2013
babyboy.gif

Beingmommy * baby boy * June 2013
babyboy.gif

Laisanne * Isabelle * May 2013
babygirl.gif

Rainey Daye * Penelope Grace * 13 April 2013
babygirl.gif

Writinglove * Espen John * 14 March 2013
babyboy.gif

jodieanneanton * Graham Vincent * February 20th
babyboy.gif

AdalinesMama * Calliope Jane and Eleanor Wendy * January 4 2013
babygirl.gif
babygirl.gif

autumngrey * Éowyn Iris * January 4 2013
babygirl.gif

Harmony96 * Josiah Nathan * December 31 2012
babyboy.gif

stegenrae * Genevieve Soleil *December 12 2012
babygirl.gif

Greenmamato2 * Gunner Alexander * November 15 2012
babyboy.gif

Wendylynn * baby boy * November 9 2012
babyboy.gif

Roseredhoofbeats * Thomas and Augustus * November 6 2012
babyboy.gif
babyboy.gif

They've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....

Crunchy mom qi - EDD 14 Oct 2013

Tourneymama - EDD 4 July 2013

Patience2013 - EDD November 6, 2013

Expecting
dust.gif

Jilidez - 36 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 1 loss. EDD December 25, 2013

Pattimomma - 28 weeks, expecting baby #7 after 4 losses. EDD February 19, 2014

Holliet - 26 weeks, expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD March 3, 2014

Planegreen - 25 weeks, expecting baby #3 after 2 losses. EDD March 10, 2014

Selissa - 25 weeks, expecting baby #4 after 4 losses. EDD March 18, 2014

Porcelina - 23 weeks, expecting baby #3 after 5 losses. EDD March 24, 2014

Philothea - 18 weeks, expecting #2 after 2 losses. EDD April 25, 2014

BaileyB - 16 weeks, expecting #3 after 2 losses.

Dianita - 15 weeks, expecting baby # 7, after 4 losses. EDD May 22, 2014

Eazar - 14 weeks, expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD May 26, 2014

Sihaya - 10 weeks, expecting baby #3 after 3 losses. EDD June 24, 2014

OSTC - 8 weeks, expecting baby after 1 loss. EDD July 12, 2014

RRMum - 7 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 2 losses. EDD July 10, 2014

NSmomtobe - 6 weeks, expecting baby #2 after 2 losses. EDD July 18, 2014

PrimalJoy - expecting baby #4 after 2 losses

MommaCrystal - 5 weeks, expecting baby #4 after ectopic.

In our thoughts...

kimberleylb
ribbonpb.gif

mamacatsbaby
ribbonpb.gif

JelloPanda
ribbonpb.gif

ambam
ribbonpb.gif

Milk8Shake
ribbonpb.gif

MegEliz
ribbonpb.gif

Babycatcher
ribbonpb.gif

BetsyPage
ribbonpb.gif

Xerxella
ribbonpb.gif

SilaMarila
ribbonpb.gif

Shell29
ribbonpb.gif

deborahbgkelly
ribbonpb.gif

See less See more
#27 ·
Manna, wow. That's great you're home already. She has a high oral need for a reason, just keep nursing away even if it seems like alot. Our first had a high need, he was attached to me for weeks it seems-very little sleep getting up every one half-two hours for him. Second one wasn't as high need.
So glad your pain is under control
smile.gif
What a mix up at the hospital.
Hope the appt apt goes well
smile.gif
She sounds strong and you can do skin to skin now?

!00%-I know, it's crazy.

Yay-family not coming till Dec!!! Of course now baby won't come till 42 weeks lol.

#30 ·
I literally just logged on to see if M Anna had posted. YAY Catherine Rose is here!!! Don't feel bad about that paci - you have to do what you have to do. When I realized at week 4 that baby b liked to comfort nurse - we broke it out. There was no way I could send him to my mother needing me 24/7 a few weeks later. We even had latch issues in the beginning... but I kept nursing and he's just fine. She's GORGEOUS M Anna!! I love that her birthday is the week after mine. :)

HEY EVERYONE!!!

#31 ·
M Anna, congratulations! She is beautiful!! I agree -- you have to do what you have to do!!

Shiloh, I have you updated. Do you want any more info added?

How are the other expecting ladies doing? I'm glad all the new babies are doing so well!

#32 ·
Still hanging in there. Had overnight guests Fri and Sat nights. Child throwing up all yesterday. Contractions for a couple hours last night in the middle of the night. They were the most real "false" labor contractions I've ever had. My system has been clearing out today, but no more contractions.

#33 ·
I was just checking out the header and six babies were born in October with five more babies due in November! Wow it's raining babies
:bgbounce

After that it's one in December, none in January
headscratch.gif
, one in February, four in March, one in April and two in May. That's only nine babies in six months compared to 11 babies in two months. Interesting . . . what's going on? Maybe some people are
hide.gif

AFM - At 21 weeks I started coming out of pregnancy denial. What's strange about it is that I feel like I just found out I was pregnant (at 21 weeks) and here I am 2.5 weeks away from the third trimester
:dizzy
All of a sudden things seem to be moving really fast! I recently made some second trimester adjustments to my diet and started Floradix and NORA tea. I'm hoping this helps the run down feeling I have been having. Tomorrow DH and I are going to interview a pediatrician. Our current one is retiring and it's time to switch.

#34 ·
I had to use a paci with Josiah because my oversupply would give him more milk than he could handle, and he'd spit up all the time. Plus he didn't know where his thumb or fingers were like my other two did.

#36 ·
Thebyer-hmm, you're past 6wks, but started out with some problems, so your breasts may not realize it's been 6 weeks for nursing pattern to be established yet. I had latch problems with both and oversupply, and the oversupply didn't sort out till after 2 months. The block nursing will probably work. (It didn't for me, I had to express the fore milk so baby got enough hindmilk) Kellymom has some great info on it-

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/ Have you contacted a lc or lll leader?

Harmony-our ds2 sucked his thumb, but he was the non comfort nurser, so I think that's what did it??

MAnna-sorry if I made you feel bad about a paci, not my intention. I see so many moms using pacis with newborns and end up with problems, but this is your 4th(?), so you know what works for you :) Csec can make it more complicated though, being in pain, more tired etc.

Paci use from kellymom for anyone-http://kellymom.com/ages/newborn/newborn-concerns/pacifier/

Patti-that's around when I started feeling better with the pregnancy, but I was feeling movement too :) Is your iron low?

I think September is the month most babies are born, followed by Oct. Lots of time in the winter months :)

100%-kids feeling better?

Anyone heard from Uriver?

afm-not much. Still off on bloody show in mucus, off/on ctx, but nothing regular. Have 38wk visit this week. Got my burp cloths sewn finally.

#37 ·
Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update about the cyst they found on the umbilical cord at my first ultrasound.....................................It's GONE!! YAAAY!
I was worried because there is some correlation with this type of cyst and genetic abnormalities if they persist in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, so now I feel much better that it disappeared during the 1st trimester. The baby measured right on target for 11 weeks and the heartbeat was really strong. I can't believe I made it this far! I'll be 12 weeks next Monday, so my best friend (also pregnant) and I are going to celebrate on that day by buying something little for the baby...and I'm going to cave and buy some maternity clothes to accommodate my bloated belly!
:wink

#38 ·
Yeah EAZAR!!!!!! That is such awesome news!!!

Funny about the cluster of babies happening right now. I can't wait until it's my turn to be sharing a birth story! This weekend I spent some time watching home birth videos on YouTube and those ladies all look so calm and together through it all! I don't think I would be/can be! (i'll be having a hospital birth but trying for all natural)

AFM - I am seeing spots in my vision. I am 22 weeks today and it's been happening for about a week now. I wear contacts and should probably try wearing just my glasses for a few days but I don't want to. Anyone else ever have this? I know your eyes can change while pregnant so maybe it's just that. (Edit to clarify that it is in my peripheral vision and not all of the time, just randomly so it's not all day long or anything that serious.)

#39 ·
Eazer, yay!! That is great news!!! I am so happy for you! What a relief!

100%, wow, still have guests! Hopefully this is the last weekend? I hope your child feels better!

Patti, I'm right there with you! I'm just starting to come to grips with having a baby.

Baby was breech at 19 weeks, and I don't think she has moved. I know there is time but gives me something to obsess over. I go back for that second scan in a couple more weeks, so we'll see what baby is doing then! Also obsessing over cervical scarring and issues during birth, since I was told I had that at my saline sono before the pregnancy.

#40 ·
thanks Hippy - that kellymom link was my go to - then the peds recommended block feeding and the australian position. Neither really work that well. I am totally hoping that my oversupply sorts itself out soon. Baby will be 10 weeks tomorrow - but you're right - we didn't really start nursing until week 3.. and he didn't really get it til week 5 or 6.

#43 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy mum View Post

Patti-that's around when I started feeling better with the pregnancy, but I was feeling movement too :) Is your iron low?
I suspect it is low but won't have labs until Dec. 3rd.
shrug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazar View Post

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update about the cyst they found on the umbilical cord at my first ultrasound.....................................It's GONE!! YAAAY!
I was worried because there is some correlation with this type of cyst and genetic abnormalities if they persist in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, so now I feel much better that it disappeared during the 1st trimester. The baby measured right on target for 11 weeks and the heartbeat was really strong. I can't believe I made it this far! I'll be 12 weeks next Monday, so my best friend (also pregnant) and I are going to celebrate on that day by buying something little for the baby...and I'm going to cave and buy some maternity clothes to accommodate my bloated belly!
:wink
AWESOME!!!!!!!
broc1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by planegreen View Post

AFM - I am seeing spots in my vision. I am 22 weeks today and it's been happening for about a week now. I wear contacts and should probably try wearing just my glasses for a few days but I don't want to. Anyone else ever have this? I know your eyes can change while pregnant so maybe it's just that. (Edit to clarify that it is in my peripheral vision and not all of the time, just randomly so it's not all day long or anything that serious.)
With my first pregnancy I had spots in my field of vision and my OBGYN thought I was having some type of migraine even though my head didn't hurt
headscratch.gif
By my 5th pregnancy I couldn't wear contacts anymore and since I hated my glasses I got lasik after DD4 was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelina View Post

Baby was breech at 19 weeks, and I don't think she has moved. I know there is time but gives me something to obsess over. I go back for that second scan in a couple more weeks, so we'll see what baby is doing then! Also obsessing over cervical scarring and issues during birth, since I was told I had that at my saline sono before the pregnancy.
My baby was breech at 21 weeks and my placenta was 3mm from the cervix so I get the obsessing. We rescan on Dec 3rd. My youngest LO was transverse at 28 weeks but when the time came she went head down. That makes me less concerned about the breech this early but still a little nervous about the placenta. I've had them low before but never this close to the cervix. My midwife thinks the position of the placenta is what caused the early pregnancy bleeding for me. I also have varicose veins in my abdomen, around my uterus, ovaries and vulva. I didn't know that this could present a problem until another woman mentioned complications from them. How bad is the cervical scarring?

#44 ·
Patti, I totally get the denial. I still feel it at times.

Planegreen, I've had the spots and blurry vision off and on.

Eazer, awesome news. Enjoy shopping for maternity clothes.

Porcelina, guests are gone now. My dh needs to uninvite them for this weekend. We never invited them in the first place. They just assume they can stay here whenever they are in town. I can't relax when they are here, plus they expect to be waited on. I'm 2 wks to my due date tomorrow and all mine have been at least a week early. We are planning a homebirth. My kids have to be kicked out of bedrooms so they don't sleep good. Overall, this past weekend tired me out.

But healthy kids today and I napped off and on all morning. Took a bath too and kids are still napping. Think we'll go play at the park or go on a walk after school.

#45 ·
Ok so I am in labor but I dont know how long it will be before I have her cause I chose not to use the pit cause I heared that it can make natural labor harder

#47 ·
100%, yay for putting your foot down!!

Thanks for all the info about spots--I have had that in the past during pregnancy, just a couple of times though. Glad to hear it is mostly normal!

Patti, I'm not sure. Typically they just stick a catheter through the cervix when they do a saline sono, but with me they couldn't get it through and had to dilate me with some dilaters (not sure what they used exactly!). Once they manually dilated, they got the catheter through just fine. I have no idea how extensive the scarring may be or whether it has already been broken up. Scar tissue from the last d&e. I have read a lot of stories about scar tissue preventing dilation during labor, and midwives/obs manually breaking it up in some cases (and c-sections in others).

#50 ·
ok so i am laboring at home till i need to go in to the hospital i have been going to get check by my m/w the last two days i am haven contraction that are getting stronger and stronger over the last two days i am try to keep form going to the hospital cause they told me if i came in they would give me the pit to move things along faster but since my water has not broken i dont want it i am 6 1/2 cm 80% effaced and head is + 1 so i guess it could be anytime now

Reactions: Selissa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.