For the mommies of rainbow babies chat - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 613 Old 04-08-2014, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

hey ladies we are having teething big time over here she also gets fevers from teething could that be what is happen j&j  she has 4 teeth that are try to break thru on the bottom of her mouth and two on top it looks like she going to have them all come in at once

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#422 of 613 Old 04-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Virus or getting teeth. His gums look different so it's soon I hope. He has me up all night ugh but he sure is cute
#423 of 613 Old 04-08-2014, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

yeah i know how that goes right now oh her is a pick of her today siting up on the sofa and one with the kitty there both sleeping

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#424 of 613 Old 04-08-2014, 05:09 PM

Aww too cute u river. She looks really good
#425 of 613 Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Rose! I just figured out how. This is her passport froma few months ago
Serenyd likes this.

8 might be enough
#426 of 613 Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 PM

All these babies are so cute!

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#427 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi Ladies! I have been quite busy but I have read along. I'm so happy to see all these cutie pies!

Here's Simon at 6 weeks old. He's a happy guy :joy

I am back to work this week :( I hate pumping 1pump.gif but it makes me feel like at least I am doing something to take care of baby while I am at work. Daddy stays home so we don't have to use a daycare. My DH loves it because he feels like he can really bond with Simon during that time because when I am home Baby Simon just loves to stay snuggled up to a breast.

How is everyone doing?

J&J, How is PT for Cole going? Has he also been evaluated by an OT?

Unusely, How's baby girl's health? She looks great in her pictures!

Porcelina, How's the nursing going?

Serenyd likes this.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#428 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM

Pt is going great it is every two weeks and Cole is rocking on hands and knees so I know he will be calling soon. He and big brother love playing., I hate pumping! It is only once a day and I do not do it on the weekends anymore my supply is getting lower so I don't know how long I will be able to do this. I'm not keeping up with cole at night either.
Good to catch up, I have been so busy. I took cold and big brother to an amusement park this weekend by myself and they did great it was nice to have good weather finally.
#429 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

she is doing ok if we can keep her from getting upset to her tummy every other week for the last month she has been throwing up and haven diarrhea so we have been dealing with that we saw her heart doc monday and he said it has not got any better but it has not change so they going to just keep watching it she goes monday for a brain mri due to the other stuff but she is doing good she can not roll over yet without help and does not sit with out help as well i cant believe in a few weeks she will be six months she does like going and seeing her pt they say she is a little behind cause she is not holding thing in her hands or rolling over but we are doing good

#430 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 PM

J&J do you want to wean? If not, your pump maybe try night nursing again or get more nursing in the evening while you're home with him. As he gets older you probably can do only one pump at work, but everyone has different storage in their breasts, so you might have to keep the one pumping. But if you cut out a pumping and a few nursings, your supply will drop. It's going to drop and adjust as baby gets older and we need to be careful to offer nursings through day or night. Babies under 18m generally don't self wean and unless we consistently cut out nursings our supply should stay good smile.gif

Uriver, all babies are different. My ds1 didn't sit unsupported until 7 months, and that's when he took an interest in food, his body was developmentally ready. I think by 7 months most babies can sit unsupported. But then again I don't know if those are full term 40+ wk babies or avg babies after 37+ wks.
#431 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM

Hi everyone!! Great to hear Cole and Simon are doing so well!! Patti, when did he start smiling?? I think DS1 was 4-5 weeks or something, and was early. I can't wait until we get smiles here!! The boys think she looks grumpy and cries all the time! Lol! Honestly she has been a pretty good baby--mine tend to be a bit fussy and sensitive to dairy and soy, so I'm back on a limited diet. But DH starts to complain every time she cries and I'm like, she's a baby, babies cry!

We are doing EC again which I think is so cool and fun. We started by accident with DS2 (he trained himself to poop in the sink while I was running water waiting for it to warm up as he had a horrible diaper rash and was getting lots of naked time plus only water to clean). It's so cool to read her cues!

Nursing is great, no problems now. I think it was just a little tricky in the first week or so but fine now. She is really starting to plump up which is so much fun!

Anyone have ideas what to do with maternity clothes? I'm ready to donate them all, but don't know anyone IRL who would use them! Maybe I should post something free for shipping? Also sold some cloth dipes I didn't like which was quite satisfying! Still trying to go cloth but such an awkward fit without getting small sizes (I have Softbums and Grovia one size fits all). Maybe need some small covers. Can anyone recommend a brand? And will small last a while? (She's got to be 12 lbs by now)

J&J's, good luck figuring out the nursing!
Patti, I have to go back at 8 weeks. We think we found a sitter but are not sure what we'll do with the older two (3 and 6). Camp is expensive!! Or, there is a cheap option at our current preschool, but I worry the 6 yr old will get bored (very limited infrastructure). But then the others are too expensive! Yikes! What did/have your older children done over summers? Somehow I don't trust the YMCA camps, and the playground ones seem unsafe.

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#432 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 06:23 PM

Hi porcelina! Grumpy haha. Can't you consign your clothes at a kids consignment sale?? I am next week and am sooo excited. It's a very nice, picky sale, super organized. Sales here r in spring and fall. There are tons of them to go to.

Uriver is she in early intervention? Cole is. I think he is caught up now but they'll continue for 6 mo

Ya hippy I really want to have enough milk to get cole thru the night but it's not promising. I'm surprised I'm not making as much . I'm not worried about it as I have a lot of milk in freezer. I'm just getting into Decembers frozen milk. This weekend I'll nurse before food and see if that helps.
My sis is pregnant with # 2 and her husband doesn't help much. I dread her situation when #2 comes along. He makes everyone miserable if he doesn't get his way. Pisses me off. Hope I can keep my mouth shut this Easter weekend!
#433 of 613 Old 04-16-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

yes she is and has been since she was a month old due to the low muscle tone she just got to the point where she can hold her head up when we put her on her tummy for the first time this week

#434 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 07:02 AM

J&J - I second all of Hippy's breastfeeding advice :thumb Have you tried More Milk Plus by Motherlove? http://www.motherlove.com/category/breastfeeding.html It helped me when I had low supply with Abbey after returning to work. It was around the time that she was 6 months old that I started having problems pumping enough. Right now with Simon I have over supply. I can't stand my sister's husband either and it's really put a strain on my relationship with her. I don't like the way her husband treats her and it's hard to keep my mouth shut. I have actually stopped going to some extended family events just to avoid conflict.

unusely - Yay for progress! I'm glad that she is starting to hold up her cute little head :) Let us know how the MRI goes.

porcelina - Simon started smiling really early. I think it was around 3-4 weeks. He laughed for the first time a few days ago at 7 weeks 1 day. DH and I were super surprised but it was a full on belly laugh. We were changing his clothes at the time and nuzzling his little neck. As far as keeping kid busy during the summer - they play outside with the neighborhood kids. It's pretty unstructured. There's no way I could afford to send everyone to camp. Sometimes grandma takes them to the pool or the library for a free event.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

#435 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 AM

In the future to supplement, do u think soy would be better than cows milk? This is after a year old. Seeing mixed things based on allergies. I mean if there r no allergies would soy be better?
#436 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 11:23 AM

Soy mimics estrogen so I would go with organic cow or goat. That's what I did with my older kids.

Serenyd likes this.

#437 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 02:35 PM

Lump on r breast that i get checked out in an hour. I noticed it for about 2 weeks but forgot about it. We see it's big, high and not that hard eek
#438 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 02:38 PM

It's high where the breast starts out at, if that makes sense. Wouldn't surprise me if it's cancer. But I have no b cancer in the fan history
#439 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM

J and j, keep us posted

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#440 of 613 Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 PM

Ultrasound tomorrow . Just saw a Pcp tonight. He thought it was a clogged duct but wouldn't it be a little sore? This isn't. I've had mastitis before and this isn't that . Us is at 1:15 but I'm trying to get into a diff place in the a.m.
#441 of 613 Old 04-18-2014, 01:39 AM

J and j - Google breast mouse. I know that sounds funny but its other type of breast lump, I have one - they scanned me and took a fine needle aspiration - they won't remove it.

Hope all OK xx

Love all the rainbow pics, beautiful babies!

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#442 of 613 Old 04-18-2014, 04:14 AM

J&J I hope it's nothing bad! I had a breast lump when I was on depo. This was11 years ago. It was benign and docs thought the depo was causing it. I quit the shot and the lump went away.

#443 of 613 Old 04-20-2014, 04:04 PM

J&J, could be a plugged duct, they're not always sore at firs. Why do you think you have low supply? It's a common concern around 5 months, when supply naturally drops, but that doesn't mean you don't have enough. Breast milk should ideally be offered first before solids, since baby gets more nutrition from breast than solids, and should make up the higher percent of calories the first year. See if when you're at work he can get bottle first of ebm, then solids when he's done. He may not eat as much solid food, let them know, as he may be more full, to. It force the food. If Cole is gaining and alert, I wouldn't worry. Remember, what you pump s not an indicator of how much he can remove from breast. Traditional medicinal and yogi make a mothers milk tea too.

Porcelaina- we ec too! I started about 3 months. We fell into it by accident the first time too, and ds followed along the ec track of 18-24m for fully trained. Occasional accident. We did pt with ds2, but he was the same for trained. I'm currently at a loss on what I want to do with diapers too. I've been using hemp inserts with a fb as a cover, so I just have to change out the insert, but I want to find wool wraps instead. I was going to sew ec pants, but haven't found time yet, so feel stuck. Ds still fits the gmd workhorse for night time with wool covers.
Why not resell your dipes?

Shiloh-omg, all that hair! She's so cute.
#444 of 613 Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM

The lump in my boob was there for two weeks and then right after I went to the doctors of course it went down and got smaller . I rescheduled my ultrasound for Wednesday but I can't even feel a lump anymore. So I think it was obviously a duct . should I bother going to the ultrasound???? I really think it's a waste! I feel like a dummy. Let me know if you all would go to the ultrasound or not.

Hippy. I feel that my supply is low because I am not keeping up with him at night. he is up 3 to 4 times a night wanting milk. We tested my theory and he inhaled a bottle one night so I know he is actually thirsty and not just wanting me. He never had a bottle in the middle of the night before. I have about a month of frozen milk for him. I have about three weeks of formula from all the free samples I kept but I really don't want him to be on formula- it is so smelly and expensive. He is 9 mo old so I have to get him to a year but don't want to pressure myself too much.

How was Easter everyone?
Cole was great. He is changing soooooooo fast before my eyes! Beginning to crawl, taking steps when we hold his hands. Ahh it is so hard knowing he is my last! Anyone else like this?
#445 of 613 Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Cole in the middle. Julian on left. Cousin on right
#446 of 613 Old 04-21-2014, 05:14 AM

Well that's good news, j and j! Would think you could cancel the us if its no longer there.

Easter was OK here, hubby had 2 weeks off and in those weeks we had our angels 6th birthday, then our sons 7th birthday. Then Easter. So busy but good to be together.

Saffron's changed so much too, I love to see how far she's progressed.

She's probably our last too but I can't being myself to get rid of the baby stuff just in case!redface.gif:o

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#447 of 613 Old 04-21-2014, 07:35 AM

J and j, I'd cancel the ultrasound. Good relaxing Easter here.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#448 of 613 Old 04-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Easter was good up until we were all leaving my brother's house after lunch, my mom tripped over her own feet, fell, and broke her hip! She is in surgery right now.

#449 of 613 Old 04-21-2014, 12:36 PM

Omg pattimom that stinks. My friends w breast cancer r telling me to go ahhh. I'm pretty sure I'm canceling it!
#450 of 613 Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM

Pattimom, oh man greensad.gif

J&J, is he nursing but wanting more at night? Night nursing is a great time to keep lactation up. I'd nurse him for a long as he wants, then try switching sides. He may not be staying on one side long enough for the higher fat/calories to feel satisfied? Any time you give him a bottle instead of nursing, that's a session you could be producing more milk. A few days of a missed nursing, like going extra hours won't make a huge difference, but consistently stretching nursing and giving bottles will definitely cut your supply. An you go to a lll meeting? Sometimes it's nice to go, express your concerns, and the leader can read or show you the info in the lll book about supply at that age, and night nursing. Or even hear what's worked from other moms there too. And Cole is welcome of course too smile.gif don't give up though if you don't want, check out kellymoms stages of nursing or try a meeting smile.gif but keep offering breast as much as he wants. He may be going through a development stage too, and needs to nurse more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page