2lbs I think

8 might be enough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 640 Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

so my little girl is little i feel like hell i waited so long for her and try so long to keep her in me and now she seem to be fight as hard as i did to keep her in till she was safe to be born to stay her with us i just dont want to lose my little girl i know we are going to have a long road she goes to the heart doc on jan 6 to see if she is going to need surgery on it that was the first appt they had and it is with there surgeon then we go to a genetic doc on the 16th of jan to plus a neurologist  that day as well so we are going to be very busy for the next month i know she is a fighter tho and we have god on are side so im going to put my faith into god that she is going to be just fine her daddy has not been want to realize how sick are little girl really is he say she is just fine and will be fine i dont know what would happen if something where to happen to her i think it would destroy him i know i wouldnt be much better but he does not grieve very well his unlce did 2 weeks after she was born and he still cry at night he does not think i hear him but i do and i dont know how to comfort him right now it been a really hard couple of weeks for us thank for reading my little vent if you did

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#63 of 640 Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Uriver, I'm sorry for everything going on. I completely get the milk supply decline when you start pumping. I nursed my oldest and had good supply, but she had jaundice and they said it was breastmilk jaundice. The Dr. had me put her on formula while I pumped and even after 3 days my supply went way down. I never did get my supply back up with her even though she did nurse for 8.5 months. I didn't know about LLL or get any advice other then ppl saying she needed bottles. Kellymom is a great resource. I'd say you should probably pump every hour at least during the day to help build your supply. Plus, just nurse all the time. Clear your schedule and just concentrate on baby.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#64 of 640 Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM

100% sorry that happened. It's wrong advice and something drs tell moms to do a lot. Formula can make jaundice worse. Sun helps too smile.gif

Uriver some babies gain slow. She was 6.14# at birth and gained up to 7.12# but got sick and lost that pound again, then gained back to 7#. So she is gaining. Had she not gotten sick she'd be close to 8# or over probably. You need to get yourself bf support asap so you are armed with facts and confidence toward the dr. Hope the tests come back ok. Her pku came back clear?

kellymom is great resource. Kelly is the lc who helped my friend get started with bf and low supply problems (irl). She was able to wean off the supp formula and fully bf for 2yrs. the info follows LLL as well and the womanly art of breastfeeding-great book for nursing moms.

weight-my babies gain quick due to oversupply, then seem to lose a # arouns 2-3 months, then level off to slow gain. If I had a dr who didn't understand breastfeeding, or had I not known nor had support I'd probably have given formula if the dr said my baby was too low weight-25%. Of course they are supposed to use the bf weight chart not formula chart. kellymom has a link to the bf weight chart.

afm-growth spurt still going. Sort of makes mom sit to rest.. Ordered some more diapers. Finally figured out nursing in sling on non ringside to how he's comfortable and not fussy. spitting up getting better. kids are sick though so hope baby doesn't catch it.
#65 of 640 Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

here pku came back and they said it was inconclusive so that is why the hospital also order  the other test too

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#66 of 640 Old 12-21-2013, 09:35 PM

Wow Uriver, that isn't cool. I can't believe they waited so long! I thought if the pku came back with off results they tested rightbaway to find out what's wrong.
How are you guys doing, any better? I hope so.

So the evening fussy crying breaks my heart. It's not very long, sometimes it's afternoon, but he wails at the top of his lungs and nothing I do helps greensad.gif Eventually he calms down and nurses then falls asleep. Or poops or burps and is ok. During that time my confidence as a mom is sorely lacking and I just want to join in vrying, especially when he's going all out greensad.gif
#67 of 640 Old 12-21-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

aww i am sorry your lo has been fussy hippy and with her pku it has been done three times already and they all came back inconclusive that is another reason why they have done the test that i am waiting on now which we wont get those results till 16th of jan  which sucks but for now we are doing good she has to go to here peds on monday for a weight check hoping she has had a good gaini hate one thing thou i have not been able to get my milk supply back up so i am haven to give her formula to plus the 8 to 10 ozs of breast milk that my body is making i so feel like i have failed her on that part she should only be being breastfeed to me but i just cant make enough 

#68 of 640 Old 12-22-2013, 08:46 PM

Hang in there ladies. Hippy do u think he is just tired and therefore cranky? Cole will cry hard for a couple minutes before a nap sometimes but it's not that long of a cry fest. He is gaining like crazy and drinking a lot more. I can't keep up with him as I did my first. So frustrating, and he won't eat cereal yet. Grrr
#69 of 640 Old 12-22-2013, 08:47 PM

And, he won't drink formula if I need it for convenience
#70 of 640 Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM

Cole's 6 months already? Can you pump to build a stash up?
He does cry hard if he gets overtired. Will either drop off to sleep suddenly or start nursing and drift to sleep. It's mostly night when it happens. I think our others stopped after a few weeks so hopefully this does soon.
Looked at his first pics today and got so emotional. I hadn't seen them yet. I swear I could sit and smell his baby smell all day and cuddle him smile.gif
#71 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Cole is 5.5 mo. I nurse and pump many times a day (3 x during the week) so I have a stash but really thought I'd have more than this.
Hippy could u try putting him to bed a little earlier? This is what happened w our first son, we never realized he may just want to go to sleep
#72 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 07:39 AM

I'd wait on solids but that's just me. The guts not developed to handle them till after six months.
I don't know, since it's not every night and he sleeps with me smile.gif When he's tired and he's not wanting to comfort nurse I rock him belly to belly and he'll drift off but mot when crying. If I were to put him down he'd cry even harder if possible.
#73 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 07:39 AM

If youhave a syash why do you wamtformula?
#74 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM

Just if I'm out trying to have a life and there's no way to heat up a bottle...it's freezing out and no way he would drink a cold bottle... I nurse but if I had pumped recently I don't always have milk. Such a dang balancing act.
#75 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 AM

No point in staying in for the sake of going 100% breast milk. Formula once a month would be so much easier & I like getting the kids out. And myself!!
#76 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 02:46 PM

What about heat packs in the insulated bottle carrier? Formula would be cold too with the water? I never used it so don't know. Just an idea. I took pumped milk out once w/o cold pack and it curtled lol. I just nip from then on, it was easier for me
. Are you comfortable nip? Once I was ok with it I was never stuck at home. By 6 or 7 months I could leave baby with dad since starting solids and drinking from cup. I guess I view bf different.
#77 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

feeling really good today she is up to 8 lbs and 13 ozs i feel bad that i have to give her the formula but her doc is old school and does feel moms should breastfeed but he told me that for some reason it was not the best thing for her right now he goes you still need to let her nurse but she also need that extra help and he wrote me out a script for reglan to help build my supply back up i hope it works her docs where better then my obs today about that in try to help me get to nurse her my ob after talking to her doc even order an u/s of my breast to check them out cause my let downs are really painful and they never have been that way with my other three kids plus i had a good 6 week check up today as well clean bill of health to start try for one more if we want too

#78 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

o j&j i never even want to give a bottle to  my dd  i just want to feed her when she was hungry and it did not matter where i was i feed her i could be in the middle of wal mart if she want to eat i let her eat but then after doing it for a while i  become totally comfortable with nursing in public but she is my fourth and i breastfeed all my kids for at least 6 months hoping i can my supply back up with her so i dont have to deal with bottles or anything

#79 of 640 Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Uriver oh I'm so happy!!! I hope it works too. Try tokeep working with an lc, latching and bf before offering formula. You might be able to wean off at some point, who knows. You must be so relieved. Do you have to do anything special till the next tests are done? Were your sibligs able to help out with holiday stuff?

It's been a little strange nip this time, it's been so many years. Bit I'm getting more comfortable with it, we haven't been out a ton since he hates car if awake.

Happy holidays everyone smile.gif
#80 of 640 Old 12-24-2013, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

yes my brother did and my dad we are both tired thou we dont have to do anything special but let here sleep in here side and that is what the heart doc want us to do something about the blood flow in her heart while cause her to stop breathing while she is on her back so that is what we are doing still wait on all her test but are so happy that she is over the rsv and is gaining

#81 of 640 Old 12-24-2013, 08:44 AM

Are you co sleeping? It will hel regulate her breathing and body temp. I know you are large breast but it can be done. Our ds sleeps on his side too, next to me. Not on his back often. During the day see if you can carry her upright in a wrap or sling so she's chest to chest and gets the same breathing and temp benefits. It willl help both of you smile.gif Lets me have hands for the other kids and keeps me relaxed having him right there.
#82 of 640 Old 12-24-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

yes i do co sleeping and i use a moby warp while we are awake and moving around i also breastfeed her in it too so see to not be seen nurse her with it too

#83 of 640 Old 12-24-2013, 11:16 PM

I can't figure out my wrap for nursing. We only just got nursing good in the sling but still working on public nursing nd nit showing. It's hit and miss if he wants to latch nice and usually pops off at letdown.

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays eeryone!!
#84 of 640 Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

they have some video on how to do it on you tube hippy that was how i learned

#85 of 640 Old 12-25-2013, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy mum View Post

Wow Uriver, that isn't cool. I can't believe they waited so long! I thought if the pku came back with off results they tested rightbaway to find out what's wrong.
How are you guys doing, any better? I hope so.

So the evening fussy crying breaks my heart. It's not very long, sometimes it's afternoon, but he wails at the top of his lungs and nothing I do helps greensad.gif Eventually he calms down and nurses then falls asleep. Or poops or burps and is ok. During that time my confidence as a mom is sorely lacking and I just want to join in vrying, especially when he's going all out greensad.gif

My oldest had the evening fussy crying. I didn't know what it was and she just started doing it one day at 4 weeks old. She cried so long that I brought her to the ER where they made us wait another hour while she screamed in the waiting room. We finally got back to a room, she liked the bright lights, immediately stopped screaming, farted and nursed to sleep. Then she continued that every night for I think about 5-6 weeks(?) Turns out I had a foremilk-hindmilk-oversupply-fast letdown thing going on and her gassiness was probably catching up with her at that time of night. Not saying that is what was going on with you but I just remember being totally caught off guard with the evening fussiness. You're right, it definitely makes you feel completely inadequate as a mother even if you feel like an ace all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and Js mommy View Post

No point in staying in for the sake of going 100% breast milk. Formula once a month would be so much easier & I like getting the kids out. And myself!!

I would think there would be nothing wrong with formula once a month. It's easier to just keep it around for the off chance you might need it rather than trying to keep just a bit of pumped formula on hand and trying to remember when it will spoil, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

feeling really good today she is up to 8 lbs and 13 ozs i feel bad that i have to give her the formula but her doc is old school and does feel moms should breastfeed but he told me that for some reason it was not the best thing for her right now he goes you still need to let her nurse but she also need that extra help and he wrote me out a script for reglan to help build my supply back up i hope it works her docs where better then my obs today about that in try to help me get to nurse her my ob after talking to her doc even order an u/s of my breast to check them out cause my let downs are really painful and they never have been that way with my other three kids plus i had a good 6 week check up today as well clean bill of health to start try for one more if we want too

That is probably because when babies are underweight they get so sleepy and then they aren't as good at nursing and don't get everything they need. Then they aren't getting enough food which makes them more sleepy and then they get too sleepy to nurse. Its such a cycle. Really ideally if you could pump enough that would be best but just remember that every ounce or partial ounce of breast milk you are giving her is awesome!!

I have had painful let down off and on. Is it kind of burning? Thats how mine would feel occasionally. I would love to know the cause of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post

yes my brother did and my dad we are both tired thou we dont have to do anything special but let here sleep in here side and that is what the heart doc want us to do something about the blood flow in her heart while cause her to stop breathing while she is on her back so that is what we are doing still wait on all her test but are so happy that she is over the rsv and is gaining

My LO loves to sleep on her side, too!

So glad you got to stay home and keep her out of the hospital over Christmas. I told my LO we are not going to the PICU over Christmas.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#86 of 640 Old 12-25-2013, 10:37 PM

Bailey.! Yes I have oversupply, usually takes about three months to regulate, maybe a little less. Ihe seems to deal with it well enough except the screaming times, I was reading 4-6wks or 6-8 woks was the peak for evening fussy,
#87 of 640 Old 12-26-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

mine is more of a stab pain that does not go away till after she is done eating or after im done pumping

#88 of 640 Old 12-26-2013, 11:46 AM

Uriver do you think it's a plugged duct? Are you working with a lc or lll leader? I wonder since she's gaining maybe you can start to wean off formula? It goes week by week so very slow this way you can increase nursing/supply and no sudden weight loss on baby. I have pain with letdown sometimes that's not better till the breast starts to soften but it's not terrible.
#89 of 640 Old 12-26-2013, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

i dont know but they are going to get a better look at it monday cuz i have that has a really big knot on it so they order an u/s to take a look at them i hope they can tell me what is up by then

#90 of 640 Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM

Not red like mastitis?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page