For the mommies of rainbow babies chat - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 614 Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cole got his first tooth today! It's very sharp. He must have a higher pain tolerance than his brother. He wants a pacifier more but isn't miserable.
#242 of 614 Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 AM

J&J nursing is an analgesic so I'm guessing that's why he wants the pacifier? It also triggers sleep too though, so just watch to not miss hunger cues which is hard w a paci. Yes the drops are safe to use w abx. Keep on the probiotics, it can take weeks to months to rebalance the gut.
#243 of 614 Old 01-26-2014, 05:31 PM

He kind of chews on the paci sideways and can actually put it in his mouth the right way when he wants to. He is close to sitting.
#244 of 614 Old 01-27-2014, 08:49 AM

My friend thought she was around 9 w and is at her first appt. she texted me that they can't find anything and is getting a better ultrasound at hospital . I'm not able to concentrate at work now! Aw man
#245 of 614 Old 01-29-2014, 03:43 PM

well dad did after I got "everything ready including babysitter for the next day. These stones have been horrific.

Baby is great. Painkillers suck.
I can't see how people get addicted, I feel loopy, have nightmares

8 might be enough
#246 of 614 Old 01-29-2014, 06:14 PM

Dang Shiloh I can't imagine.
We r sure my friend is having a mc. Her dr is making her wait 10 days and go back just to make sure in the event her dates are off. Weird thing is they aren't doing any labs! Wth?!
Cole is doing well. Still have to nebulizer him. He is eating so much he barely drinks my milk. I haven't touched my freezer stash in over a week. Aw man!
#247 of 614 Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry for your friend xx

How are all the rainbows?

Saffron's getting bigger, hopefully be about 10lbs by next weight check! Grief still hard, Saffron is the age our dd was when she died, its hard. Missing her terribly. Grateful for my sunshine and rainbow babies. Grief sucks!

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#248 of 614 Old 01-30-2014, 09:24 AM

Sienna that must be so hard and confusing. I look at Cole and get confused as to who he is- Jackson or Cole??? Do u experience that? Glad to hear she is near 10 lbs!
#249 of 614 Old 01-30-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

well my little girl not even hit 10 lbs yet we go back to her docs monday they told us if she has not gain any it is back to the hospital she has not been growing all that well for the last month she has not even gain an ozs in three weeks we are still waiting on some test they ran its just been a long road and i just want to know what is wrong cause we know something is not right

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#250 of 614 Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 PM

Uriver have they looked for a metabolic disorder? It can effect gain.
#251 of 614 Old 01-30-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

yes hippy they have and are repeating the test on that cause she failed part of it they just want to make sure so they are double checking it

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#252 of 614 Old 01-31-2014, 08:29 AM

Sorry to hear she's having trouble gaining weight uriver- saffron had a couple of static weights but thankfully the high calorie formula is helping, it could well be due to the cardiac issues and is sometimes a reason to operate - when's her nest cardiac appointment?

Well Saffron is very similar to our angel in many ways, but also has some differences which is nice in a way, I know dh called her by her sisters name lots when she was first born.

Awww man been to Dr today with earache and hearing loss in one ear, got an infection - about 10 mins ago felt my ear pop and suddenly can hear again, amazing! Makes me realise how much I take for granted my hearing/sight etc.

Anyone else broody again? Lol! My friend just had a baby and I've got heart pangs! Can't go through another preemie though, too much to cope with X

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#253 of 614 Old 01-31-2014, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

her next appt with the cardiac is in march but her peds is monday they told us if she has not gain they where send us back to the hospital cause she already on a high cal formula and we are bf too so we dont know why she is not gaining

#254 of 614 Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM

Sienna,I do. I didn't want another baby right after the others but do now for some reason. But I know we need to wait at least a year to give this guy a fair amount of bf time in case my supply stops. Plus I just want to enjoy him and not have pregnancy stress. I still get overwhelmed sometimes when I look at him smile.gif and he may be the last, who knows.

There are days I feel a mix up with him and our loss, only because they were due the same time. I think it's contributed to the bit of ppd I had. Some days I feel like he's the baby come back to us, others, no. I have some friends who are very spiritual I guess is a way to put it, who have been saying since we got pregnant that this soul has been trying for so long to be with our family. Doesn't clear things up much. Perhaps I'd have to believe in reincarnation.

Uriver, all I can think of is this. House episode where the baby was not gaining weight, the parents were blamed and it was metabolic. Now I get it was a tv show, but we know the metabolic system can be wonky. Hopefully the tes is conclusive and they can set things right. I'm not sure if it&'so a medication or something you would give her?

Afm, thrush is about gone&! The gse worked great. Had I increased the dose I think it would&'very been gone ear
Ire this week. Baby seems less fussy smile.gif
#255 of 614 Old 01-31-2014, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

i hope you are right cause she eats all the time not just bf but formula too i just want to know what is wrong 

#256 of 614 Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 PM

I'm pretty sure saffron is our last but never say never!

Yeah I'm hoping to bf at least to 12/18 months, the fact she still won't take a bottle is helping me stick with it lol! The sns has been a god send.

Just loving all the cuddles and skin to skin, making up for lost time in the nicu.

#257 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 06:53 AM

Sienna, glad you're being positive on the sns, it can be rough. Just such a good way to look at things smile.gif. Glad she's doing well too.
#258 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

sienna :yeah

#259 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Thanks x

Was wondering though, when is a good age to introduce a sippy cup for water for breastfed baby and what type is good? Free flowing or spill proof? Just wondering if she'll be more likely to accept a sippy than a bottle, and when we introduce solids I'd like to offer sips of water too.

#260 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna-forever View Post

I'm pretty sure saffron is our last but never say never!

Yeah I'm hoping to bf at least to 12/18 months, the fact she still won't take a bottle is helping me stick with it lol! The sns has been a god send.

Just loving all the cuddles and skin to skin, making up for lost time in the nicu.

My youngest has been waking up between 3-4 am every night and only wants skin to skin naked cuddles. Goes right back to sleep after about an hour of it.  :-)

hippy mum likes this.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#261 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 PM

Sienna I'd wait till six months for water. Not sure how to adjust age for premise though. Maybe check with an lc or lll group since you're doing sns. Babies need nothing but breast or formula for 6 months, so keep that in mind. You could try a cup w expressed milk if you have any. Or just wait for water.
I took did both types of cups. I took the spill proof part out and let the baby explore the cup. I also had the kind with no suck part sticking up, since I found those harder to keep clean. I also gave a cup with no lid soon after they understood drinking from a cup. I'm of the mind they learn faster how to use a cup, if you don't use baby steps with sip cups. I did not let them dump out expressed milk though smile.gif
#262 of 614 Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Ahh bailey that's lovely, just such a precious bonding!

Thanks hippy, and lol about the expressed milk, its liquid gold not to be dumped!

In the UK they advise preemies are started on solids between 5-8 months actual. She's not ready yet and I don't want to rush it. Just hope she does take to it well when she is ready.

#263 of 614 Old 02-02-2014, 06:02 AM

Sienna a good rule of thumb is wait unil baby can sit up on her own and show an interest in food. That's usually around 6-7 months. Which is when the gut is developed enough for solids. This isn't sitting with help from a seat or pillow, but actually sitting up straight by themselves. A lot of people don't wait long enough. If you give her what she's interested in eating, should go easier. Save by giving her what you're eating , no need to go get jars of baby food. Some babies do better with mashed up food, some do better gnawing on a carrot or small pieces of food.

Yeah, if you don't express a ton of milk, save every bit smile.gif i have oversupply,, but it's not as bad as the other times. So I pump out a lot less milk.

Does anyone else's baby cry at bowel movements? Ds gets so very screechy and upset, has to nurse in between pushing. Then it's like a big explosive poop and he's fine. I don't know if it's gas build up, or has to do with thrush or his gut is still figuring out what to do.
#264 of 614 Old 02-02-2014, 08:52 AM

I looked at my chart. I've had spotting every 12-14 days since my bleeding stopped at 28 days after delivery. Will have to see if babe starts a growth spurt here. Had spotting yesterday.
#265 of 614 Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 AM

Oh yes saffron does that too hippy, she used to go up to 12 days between bowel movements, was on lactulose and glycerine chips, thankfully now goes every day but does cry, feed and explode as you described! Don't Know why.

Will definitely wait for starting solids.

Every now and again she vomits what looks like the entire feed, but only like once a week or so, she gags, coughs and vomits - weird. Has reflux, but like I say so infrequent its odd.

#266 of 614 Old 02-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would get so mad when i would accidentally knocked over a freshly pumped bottle of BM!

My youngest gets enough food now that she has solid "big girl" poops and yesterday she was mid poop when I was trying to change her dipe and she was crying the whole time until she was done. Today I started putting her on the potty when she is pooping and she yells at me if I try to take her off before she has gone. I have to wait until she tries to stand up on her own or she will start pooping on the diaper table. Like sitting on the potty triggers her to have to poop.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#267 of 614 Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 AM

Hippy Cole has cried lately w bm but it is due to antibiotics constipating him. Poor baby.
Reading along but not a lot of time to post.

The last thing I did on New Year's Eve was spill breast milk! I was furious.
Cole is still In our room and I love it to pieces. I enjoy night feedings, it's usually only once around 2:45am.
#268 of 614 Old 02-04-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

i am so happy to report she gained 8 ozs this week she weighed in at 10lbs 6ozs

#269 of 614 Old 02-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Yay uriver!!! Perhaps a growth spurt. Have you received any results yet?

Ebm- I had a cup of expressed milk with me one day when ds was about 5 months, went for a walk to some local shops,thought it would be easier to give him the milk instead of nip, siince we weren't going to be gone too long. Well, I failed to consider hot summer day in Florida and the milk curdled!! Never made that mistake again smile.gif
#270 of 614 Old 02-04-2014, 06:17 PM

Fantastic uriver. !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page