Mothering Forum banner

For the mommies of rainbow babies chat

33K views 677 replies 25 participants last post by  Spaces 
#1 ·
sorry it has took me a while to get this thread up but her it is . this thread is for mom's of babies after a loss

#2 ·
ok today has been one really hard day my little girl is sick again this time with a cold and it has made her lose a good bit of weight she was 7 lbs 12ozs on monday and today she is 7 lbs 6 ozs i know that is not a really big loss but i dont like it she does not really want to eat i have took her to her peds but they told me she is ok but i dont feel she is she has been running a low grade fever for two days now and i dont know what else i can do been clean her noise out and keep her leveled to help it break up but she has such a bad cough

#3 ·
Colds suck! Breast milk makes good nose drops- much better than saline. I remember letting mine sleep in a bouncy chair- I would sleep beside them. Keep an eye on pees- you want 6-8 wet dipes a day- much less than that and dehydration is a worry. Hang in there!

#4 ·
Uriver, my little guy has been stuffed up pretty much since birth. He's way better now then at first. His nose has cleared, but still has snot in his throat. He's actually thrown up a few times from it and he's not a spitty baby.

Other then that, I love this little guy. So fun to hold. I've had to use the sling to get stuff done now that I'm doing more. He's over 3 wks now. Time flies!
smile.gif

#5 ·
well here is an update they think my little girl might have whooping cough we just left her doc for thrid day in a row and she has been getting worse as the days goes by they did a test to check for it and i will know tomorrow if she has it and i was told if she does they are going to put her in the hospital

#8 ·
Well we aare in the hospital now with her she stop breath on us this morning but she is doing ok right now all prayers are welcomed

#10 ·
Hey ladies we are doing good this morning thank god did get some bad news well cloud be bad news the doc heared a mumor in heart last night and said they where going to send her for an echo today it has been a long day already here is a pic of my sweet baby that did not even cry after they had to stick here 8 times just to get the iv in her and the blood work they need

#13 ·
Uriver, I hope everything turns out ok!! (((hugs)))!!!!! My baby has a murmur they heard the day after she was born. They sent her for an echo and she has a hole between her ventricles. It's not affecting her right now so we're just watching it. She's supposed to have another echo when she turns 2 months. If it doesn't close they'll have to do surgery but they told us that most of them close on their own.

I hadn't really stopped bleeding but it had gotten down to brown mucus for the most part for a couple days. Then yesterday I started back up again. I think it's actually my cycle starting. :( I started by 6 weeks with all of my other babies but I had hoped it wouldn't this time. I'm 5 weeks and 3 days post partum today. *sigh*

#14 ·
Well we are doing ok right now m anna it show the same thing on her echo to we are suspost be talking to a heart doc in the morning about hers we also gottold that she tested +for rsv so we are have a little bit of a rough spell with her plus the doc also so some nerve issuse and we will also be see a neurologist tomorrow as well so it looks like we will be here a bit

#15 ·
M Anna I've never gotten my period while nursing so I feel for u.
Hello everyone. Cole is 5 mo on the 10 th already. Dang!! He is the best baby ever. Ex. At church today there was a play and he just sat on our laps for 2 hours watching the stage. He is my sweetheart!! Nursing, no food yet. I'd say he is a little behind with milestones so we r getting him checked out. My supply is half what it was with my first. Oh well. I feel that engorgement post stillbirth has something to do with it. I didn't get baby blues at all but seeing cole makes me think of Jackson soo much. I feel like thanking Jackson for Cole. Very thankful.

#16 ·
Oh, I'm sorry she has RSV. :( My twin nephews are in the ICU right now with it. (They're 8 weeks.)

#20 ·
They're still there. One is still on O2 all the time and sitting up or his sats drop in the 80's. The other is not on O2 but hasn't gotten rid of his fever.

#22 ·
All 3 of my boys had pnemonia and rsv and were quarentined isolation at 2 months old. Scary as sh*t. You can see how it could cause sids. I'm happy you're in hospital and not trying to cure it at home. Oxygen levels are f*cking scary. Seeing a was healthy baby so tired on oxygen f*cking scary.
I barely take miss rose out or invite people over probably because of that experience. Hey did you wash your hands, was that a cough? Prayers, hugs, love Uriver

#23 ·
Praying for the poorly babies.

Do you know what makes me angry. People saying to me that I should take saffron out and let her be exposed to bugs to 'build her immunity' erm no way, look at what a cold can do to these poor little things. And this is coming from family that knows saffrons just spent 11 weeks in nicu. Honestly it makes me so mad.

The same person then said could I breastfeed whilst she drove the car. I was like Nooooo you can wait 5 mins for the baby to feed then we'll put her in the car seat. Crazy things to say.

#24 ·
Omg that would make me really angry too i did not even take her out but we people over thanksgiving day and i think that is how she got rsv but in one way i am kind of glad she did cause i would not have know about the other stuff if she hadnt but i wish she would get over it soon but they told me baby with the problems she has dont get over stuff easy from what they said and she had drop back down to her birth weight too so we can leave till she is 8 lbs if all is good by then

#25 ·
Poor thing river. What's her weight now? Yes maybe a blessing in disguise that they've been able to identify the other issues. Thinking of you.

#26 ·
She is 6lbs and 13 ozs as of this morning she was 6lbs and 14ozs at birth and they told me and here dad that she should be at least 8 lbs or more by now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.