~Expecting our Rainbow Babies - February Chat~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is the February 2014 pregnancy thread for ALL graduates of the "Hoping, Healing & Conceiving Again" threads, or anyone who has suffered a loss and has found themselves expecting again. Here we can discuss our concerns and problems in the safety and company of other mamas like us. Compare BETA results, our prenatal screens, show off our scans, and in what seems like a lifetime away - our newborn baby pictures.

****If you are a new poster, just let me know your EDD IN BOLD, and I'll update at the start of each week.**** Due date calculator with luteal phase length.

Just as a reminder, please post any updates that you'd like the threadkeeper to add or change in bold.

:RainbowWe have a FB group for sharing whatever you'd like in a private setting. If you'd like to join, you can find us here.
:joyCongratulations!!! joy.gif

Planegreen *Michael* March 10, 2014 babyboy.gif

Holliet *Phoebe* March 1, 2014 babygirl.gif

pattimomma *Simon* Feb 23, 2014 babyboy.gif

Serenyd *Cole* Feb 2014 babyboy.gif

Jilidez * Thea * Dec 24 2013 babygirl.gif

hippy mum* baby boy * Nov 17 2013 babyboy.gif
100%mom * baby boy * Nov 11 2013 babyboy.gif
Unuselyriver * Amberly Faith * Nov 7 2013 babygirl.gif
supperbeans * baby girl * Oct 31 2013 babygirl.gif
M anna * Catherine Rose * Oct 31 2013 babygirl.gif
revolting * baby boy * Oct 24 2013 babyboy.gif
shiloh  * Rose * Oct 11 2013 babygirl.gif
mommaMeggles * baby girl * Oct 6 2013 babygirl.gif
maszat85 * baby boy * Oct 1 2013 babyboy.gif
sarah1918 * Eleanora * Oct 1 2013 babygirl.gif
jennyanydots * Adrian Rowe * September 20 2013 babyboy.gif
graysmamma * baby boy * September 8 2013 babyboy.gif
Sienna forever * baby girl * August 28 2013 babygirl.gif
Thebyr * baby boy * August 27 2013 babyboy.gif
Thecoffeebean * August Everett * August 6 2013 babyboy.gif
Carmen358 * London Douglas * July  2013 babyboy.gif
Heyitkalista * Ruby * July 11 2013babygirl.gif
J&J mommy * Cole Jackson * July 10 2013 babyboy.gif
Talldarkeyes * Lorelei Phoebe * July 8 2013 babygirl.gif
Tenk * Camden * June 2013babyboy.gif
Beingmommy * baby boy * June 2013 babyboy.gif
Laisanne * Isabelle * May 2013 babygirl.gif
Rainey Daye * Penelope Grace * 13 April 2013 babygirl.gif
Writinglove * Espen John * 14 March 2013 babyboy.gif
jodieanneanton * Graham Vincent * February 20th babyboy.gif
AdalinesMama * Calliope Jane and Eleanor Wendy * January 4 2013 babygirl.gifbabygirl.gif
autumngrey * Éowyn Iris * January 4 2013 babygirl.gif
Harmony96 * Josiah Nathan * December 31 2012 babyboy.gif
stegenrae * Genevieve Soleil *December 12 2012 babygirl.gif

:bgbounceThey've had their babies, but we're waiting to hear from.....
Crunchy mom qi - EDD 14 Oct 2013
Tourneymama - EDD 4 July 2013
Patience2013 - EDD  November 6, 2013

Expectingdust.gif

Selissa - expecting baby #4 after 4 losses. EDD March 18, 2014

Porcelina - expecting baby #3 after 5 losses. EDD March 24, 2014

Philothea - expecting #2 after 2 losses. EDD April 25, 2014

BaileyB - expecting #3 after 2 losses.

Dianita - expecting baby # 7, after 4 losses. EDD May 22, 2014

Eazar - expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD May 26, 2014

Sihaya - expecting baby #3 after 3 losses. EDD June 24, 2014

OSTC - expecting baby #4 after 1 loss. EDD July 12, 2014

PrimalJoy - expecting baby #4 after 2 losses

MommaCrystal - expecting baby #4 after ectopic. EDD July 31, 2014

thaichimom - expecting baby #3 after 2 losses. EDD August 12, 2014

delicate_sunshine -expecting baby #? after 1 loss. EDD early September, 2014

pinaybabe23 - expecting baby #1 after 1 loss. EDD May 3, 2014.

Rainbowasylum - EDD September.

Monkey Science - EDD October 1, 2014

OregonMoon - EDD October 13, 2014 expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

edubluv - EDD October 16, 2014 expecting baby #2 after 1 loss

mamacatsbaby -EDD October 27, 2014 expecting baby #3 after 2 losses:candle

Bramblebaby - EDD October 2014 after loss at 34 weeks.

:HugIn our thoughts...
NSmomtobe ribbonpb.gif December
RRMum ribbonpb.gif December
kimberleylb ribbonpb.gif
mamacatsbaby ribbonpb.gif
JelloPanda ribbonpb.gif
ambam ribbonpb.gif
Milk8Shake ribbonpb.gif
MegEliz ribbonpb.gif
Babycatcher ribbonpb.gif
BetsyPage ribbonpb.gif
Xerxella ribbonpb.gif
SilaMarila ribbonpb.gif
Shell29 ribbonpb.gif
deborahbgkelly ribbonpb.gif 

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#2 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can add that I'm expecting 4 if you'd like. Sorry I'm not sure how to bold on my phone...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#3 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i'm expecting #3 after 2 losses. my edd is 8/12/14 and its a boy! thanks so much! Just realized a week from Tuesday I'll be in my 2nd trimester. No wonder I'm feeling less sick and more energetic!
#4 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm still here and have been reading along. We had our anatomy scan last Wednesday and everything looks awesome! This is my sixth pregnancy, will be my 3rd baby, and it was my first time having a "20-week" ultrasound. It was very fun to see a healthy, squirmy baby in there. Very reassuring, as is all the movement I'm feeling on a daily basis now orngbiggrin.gif

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#5 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

@OSTC and @taichimom Got you ladies updated :thumb

@Sihaya Glad to see you still here! Yay for healthy baby at the 20 week ultrasound and all the squirmy! :love Do you know the gender? What is the gender(s) of your other two kids?

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

#6 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

@Sihaya Glad to see you still here! Yay for healthy baby at the 20 week ultrasound and all the squirmy! love.gif Do you know the gender? What is the gender(s) of your other two kids?

I have 2 boys. We did find out, but we are not telling anyone, not even our boys or parents. I loved having the surprise with my boys, but knowing that we're going to have 4-5 scans after the gender is obvious, I decided to have them just tell us so there wasn't a chance that someone would slip up and tell us on accident. Knowing is weirder than I thought it would be. If we ever get to have another pg without all the extra scans, I won't find out!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#7 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

@Sihaya I wanted gender to be a surprise this time too but DH wanted to know. I told him not to tell me. Of course less than 20 seconds passed between him finding out and him telling me!duh.gif The nurse called me with the results of my Harmony test and spoke to DH. He got off the phone with a big fat grin on his face and said, "There are no trisomies and no vagina!" :laughLOL Yep, it's a boy and I knew at 12weeks! That early was really weird!

planegreen likes this.

#8 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks Pattimom

DH and I rarely fight but we have been a bit more lately and not evsn fight but just feeling snippy, probably from such bad weather.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#9 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Maybe it's because I'm almost 40, or maybe it's because this will be my 3rd kid (6th pregnancy), but I just realized that I don't have to explain or justify my pregnancy or parenting decisions to people. "After looking at the information, I decided this is best for me" is enough. Discussion closed.
#10 of 132 Old 02-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

I feel like such a black rain cloud in my DDC. It seems like every topic that comes up reminds me in some way or another of my miscarriage. Like people talking about POAS'ing obssessively. Which I totally did with my son, and somewhat with my miscarriage, but not this pregnancy. Why? Because I know a line getting darker is meaningless. It could still be another miscarriage. And because I've already had 3 blood tests, so some pink line isn't going to tell me any more than I already know. Or talking about symptoms. I puked this morning for the first time, and felt awful for a lot of yesterday/today. Which I totally hate. At the same time, it's sort of a good thing, because I barely had any symptoms with the baby I lost. Talking about ultrasounds: I'm getting one at six weeks this time because I have to know this baby's alive. Looking for group leaders: I was a leader in my last DDC (oh, ironies - I just doublechecked, I was never actually removed as a leader...). I think a couple of group leaders miscarried. Or maybe I'm getting that confused with the Roll Call maintainers - that was definitely cursed in that DDC. Sigh. I don't want to be a downer, but everything about this pregnancy is different because of my miscarriage. It doesn't help, either, that I keep saying things in RL about "last time I was pregnant", and everyone keeps thinking I'm referring to my pregnancy with my son, even though these are family members (including dh!) who are well aware of my miscarriage. I feel like everyone but me has forgotten that that was a real pregnancy, too. It counts, even if it was short and ended badly.

Anyway, just hoping to survive this morning sickness crap with a toddler who has been absolutely monstrous the past several days. He has seriously never been so difficult in his entire life. :(

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#11 of 132 Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

@monkeyscience :Hug You're not a downer, you're a loss mama. I think pretty much everyone on this loss board can empathize with how you are feeling. :flowersforyou It's why most of us stay away from our DDCs and just hang out here. When is your six week ultrasound scheduled?

I'm sorry that everyone IRL is forgetting about your last pregnancy angel.gif, especially your DH! That must be very sad and isolating for you.

How old is your toddler? Hopefully this stage of difficult behavior won't last long! Being preg with morning sickness certainly doesn't make dealing with it any easier. At times I have been quite over-reactive to my kids behavior due to the pregnancy stress.

#12 of 132 Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Monkeyscience, I never even tested with this one. I started puking at 12 dpo and then just waited for more symptoms. I was pleasantly surprised this pregnancy with the lack of judgemnt from others or invasive questions. I was really not wanting to talk about it for a while. Even after I was obviously pregnant people were too chicken to be the one to bring it up, lol. I had a fullterm stillborn, a m/c at 8 weeks, my youngest started turning blue in her sleep at 1 week old, and DH and I have an acquaintence that lost 2 babies at 19 weeks so I really just take pregnancy and new baby stuff as it comes.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#13 of 132 Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

@Serenyd Had her :Rainbowbaby this morning!!! :joy

planegreen likes this.

#14 of 132 Old 02-03-2014, 11:59 AM

@monkeyscience I have felt EXACTLY the same way!  My mother has bought/made me things with that indicate I have 3 kids or their birthstones or whatever and I'm always like... What about my other baby? Makes me sad.

@Serenyd  HIP HIP HOORAY!

As for me... I've come to 14 weeks.  I'm finally starting to embrace this pregnancy.  I had my first REAL midwife appointment and exam.  The midterm ultrasound is scheduled.  Stuff is starting to happen.  I still refuse to BUY anything for the baby.  And I can barely discuss names.  One thing at a time.  

On other fronts, my husband might be making a HUGE career move right at my 20 week mark.   He typically works from home at least 3 days a week, he enjoys a very flexible schedule and a TON of vacation time.  If he switches work from home:treehugger goes away, his vacation seriously lessons, and since he won't have accrued much time this year he won't be around much when the baby is born.  I'm used to him taking a good solid 3 weeks off for each birth and then working from home full time at least another week or two.  Plus, even on the regular schedule he'd do things like just hold the sleeping baby while on a conference call so I can pee and eat.  None of that will be available to me this time around.  Oh, and I will have my 4th c-section with no one available to help me recover or to take care of my other 3.  So, while I think this job move is a really wonderful blessing, I'm having anxiety. 

I'm in my brother-in-laws wedding when I'm 19 weeks.  We had to buy the dresses months ago.  I had hoped to be pregnant but couldn't buy the dress based on hope.  I did go with a larger size but it wasn't enough.  I can't get into the darn thing at all and the wedding is still 5 weeks away.  It'll need LOTS of $$$ alterations. 

I realized I have a very severe diastasis.  Never heard of it before a few weeks ago. I got into the Tummy Team program and I'm seeing HUGE results after just over a week.  I think it'll help with the dress.

That's me!  Been a long time since I've updated.  Sorry for the novel. 

#15 of 132 Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Hi everyone, yay for good scan results and making up with DHs!! :)

Things here are good. I have been nesting like crazy. I cleaned all the baseboards upstairs and vacuumed everything. Then I sanded the staircase trim and caulked to prep for a new coat of paint. All that in one day! We ordered new carpets for the upstairs, and it should be in in 2-3 weeks. I'm now 33 weeks, so hope I'm not pushing it! The last two came after their due date, but I guess I have a different feeling about this one. Actually, I have been having some menstrual type cramping along with all the Braxton Hicks. I guess I'm a little nervous that something might happen before it's supposed to. But it is so hard to know if it is some sort of a gut instinct or just typical worry from a loss mom. I took a nice warm bath and spiked my drink last night to calm things down. Today has been better.

I'm also a bit worried about the pain of birth. My first was posterior and very, very painful for many, many hours (10-12 hours of contractions 2 mins apart, lasting 1.5 to almost 2 minutes each, back labor -- then I transferred to the hospital and got pit and epi and he was born 8 hours later, 2 hours of pushing), and I prepped like crazy for birth #2. Then, with #2, I remember thinking, gosh, this is the same friggin pain -- I want an epidural! It wasn't any less pain at all, and I wasn't any more prepared, except that I was able to draw on the primal instinct and go inwards. That one was 3h15m from first contraction to birth. So, now I know that all the prepping in the world won't allow me to avoid serious pain, and I have lost the initiative to prep! I am always exhausted when I try to listen to hypnobabies and fall to sleep in like 5 minutes!

Patti, you are getting so close!! 2 weeks! Do your babies tend to stay put until the due date?

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#16 of 132 Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM

Had baby yesterday around 6am. Cole Dexter. 7lbs even. Born at home, 41w2d.

planegreen and maggie125 like this.

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#17 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 AM

Yay! He looks SO alert!!! That must be what the extra week baking gives! Lol!

#18 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 AM

Congrats serenyd! What a cutie! smile.gif

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#19 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

@Serenyd Cole is certainly one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen! :blowkiss

@porcelina That is some serious nesting! I've had the Braxton Hicks contractions my entire third trimester. They freaked me out a little in the beginning but I guess my uterus just knew it was tine to start working out!

AFM - Two weeks until my due date. My first LO was 8 days early, the second was 12 days early, the third was a day late (really only 4 hours late as she was born at 4AM the day after she was due, so I spent my due date in labor), the fourth was five days early and the fifth was on her due date. I hope he stays on the inside until after this weekend. I am supposed to get my legs waxed on Saturday! I am still working. I haven't quite decided when I should switch to working from home and my work just says lets see how you feel. So I don't really know what to do.

Serenyd likes this.

#20 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM

@pattimomma, yes I know BH are normal, but mine have been accompanied by menstrual cramping lately and everything I am reading says to watch out -- 5 in an hour can mean preterm labor. So, last night had 4 in an hour, easily, wasn't sure whether to count one which would have put it at 5, but jumped in the tub and they slowed down. I guess I have to take it a bit easier! Wow, so your LO could really be arriving soon. Any early signs of labor? No show? (I didn't have any with DS2, water just broke, though labor didn't start for 12 hours, when I took castor oil)

#21 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

serenyd congrats he is so cuite 

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#22 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelina View Post

@pattimomma, yes I know BH are normal, but mine have been accompanied by menstrual cramping lately and everything I am reading says to watch out -- 5 in an hour can mean preterm labor. So, last night had 4 in an hour, easily, wasn't sure whether to count one which would have put it at 5, but jumped in the tub and they slowed down. I guess I have to take it a bit easier! Wow, so your LO could really be arriving soon. Any early signs of labor? No show? (I didn't have any with DS2, water just broke, though labor didn't start for 12 hours, when I took castor oil)

I had a little menstrual like cramping too but I blew it off. Are you staying well hydrated? It does sound like you should slow down. Your nesting sounds like a ton of work!

No signs of labor for me.

Today my boss gave me a new project at work. I can get it started but the timing seems really weird to me. shrug.gif

#23 of 132 Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 PM

Cute baby! Congrats serenyd!!!

So I got a little excited yesterday and bought some little boy clothes at a local consignment shop- each outfit was like new and like $1.50 each- couldn't resist.

Of course I start worrying that I might jinx things and then last night had an awful dream that I was in the bathroom, bleeding and I kept trying to call my midwife but kept pressing the wrong button on my iPhone.

Then again I also dreamt that my cats were posessed with evil spirit and were speaking to me in tongues.

I did have bad indigestion last night too... maybe no more chickenless mandarin chicken for me...
#24 of 132 Old 02-07-2014, 02:05 PM

I just figured out this is the place for me! I had a m/c at 8w (baby stopped growing a little before 6w), started bleeding Jan 6th, bled for 6 days and resumed sex. I'm pregnant again! Never started af. EDD Oct 13. I'll be 5w Monday. I have one 7 year old, this is my 3rd pregnancy. Has anyone else gotten bfp immediately following m/c?

I'm trying to stay positive but I have to admit I'm scared to loose this baby. The sensations in my body bring back a lot of emotions.
#25 of 132 Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome @OregonMoon! Congrats on your pregnancy! :joy Would you like me to add you to the header?

I waited 15 months to TTC after my last loss, but I did conceive my very next cycle (no AF) after my ectopic and she is 10 years old now!

Serenyd likes this.

#26 of 132 Old 02-09-2014, 11:18 AM

Sure, you can add me!

It's good to know many women have successful pregnancies following a m/c. I'm feeling good about this pregnancy with bouts of anxiety and sadness. Looking forward to connecting here smile.gif
#27 of 132 Old 02-10-2014, 04:54 PM

So my due date for my baby that I lost this summer is next week.  My Facebook newsfeed is filling up with pictures of babies being born to the moms who were all due with me.  I have probably a dozen friends all due in the weeks before and the weeks after me.  I'm going to go crawl in a hole now. 

ps. I hate Facebook

#28 of 132 Old 02-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
This group seems like a good fit for me. I have one son, 2 yo. I lost #2 in Aug 2013 @ 12 weeks (baby only measured 8 weeks whatever that means). #3 EDD 10/16/2014

I had no worries with #1. None with #2 until a missed MC. Now with #3 every twitch makes me freak out!!! I am dying for morning sickness and my tummy to start growing huge. I just keep telling myself it's super early. With the other two pregnancies I didn't even know until 2 weeks from now.

Anyway, glad to find this group!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#29 of 132 Old 02-12-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaCrystal View Post

So my due date for my baby that I lost this summer is next week.  My Facebook newsfeed is filling up with pictures of babies being born to the moms who were all due with me.  I have probably a dozen friends all due in the weeks before and the weeks after me.  I'm going to go crawl in a hole now. 

ps. I hate Facebook

:Hug@MommaCrystal I think everyone here can relate. :grouphug

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

This group seems like a good fit for me. I have one son, 2 yo. I lost #2 in Aug 2013 @ 12 weeks (baby only measured 8 weeks whatever that means). #3 EDD 10/16/2014

I had no worries with #1. None with #2 until a missed MC. Now with #3 every twitch makes me freak out!!! I am dying for morning sickness and my tummy to start growing huge. I just keep telling myself it's super early. With the other two pregnancies I didn't even know until 2 weeks from now.

Anyway, glad to find this group!

@edubluv Welcome to the group and congrats on your pregnancy! I'll add you to the header. May you have an uneventful nine months with us! :flowersforyou

AFM - 39 weeks, due next Wednesday . . . I can't believe it is already time! Hopefully the weather will chill out. We are iced in for right now.

#30 of 132 Old 02-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Wow, Patti, any day now--let's just tell him to hold off for this storm!! Did you end up with snow or ice? Or both? Coming our way next--8-10 inches snow expected here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page