Pregnant after m/c but terrified of another m/c - Mothering Forums
Pregnancy After Birth Loss > Pregnant after m/c but terrified of another m/c
Redmom's Avatar Redmom 02:39 PM 02-24-2014

Last year I had a missed miscarriage - it was picked up at a 9 week ultrasound and discovered the baby had died just before 6 week.s

Now I'm pregnant again, I'm 5 weeks, and I'm terrified of miscarrying again.

I feel completely numb and stuck in limbo.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week, at the 6 week mark.  I just can't forget having the ultrasound last year, seeing the look on the midwife's face and knowing that something was wrong even before she said anything.

I just can't bare the thought of having to go through this again, but I don't want to let myself feel confident about the pregnancy.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you deal with it?

Also - I don't feel any pregnancy symptoms - is it normal not feel anything at 5 weeks?

unuselyriver's Avatar unuselyriver 07:08 PM 02-24-2014

hunnie please be kind to your self and as a loss momma i felt the same way and i did not have any symptoms with my rainbow baby till i was about 9 weeks along so yes it can be normal we do have a thread for moms like us http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1396863/expecting-our-rainbow-babies-february-chat/80#post_17577439 this thread is very help full please check it out

otheramerica's Avatar otheramerica 04:15 PM 02-25-2014

So sorry for your loss! I am in the same boat as you...a little further along but first pregnancy after a loss. It's terrifying.  Every day is a choice to pick love over fear. It's impossibly hard. 

I found some great resources on www.stillstandingmag.com.  They have a specific section just for pregnancy after loss. The pieces are written by fellow moms who have suffered losses. It was nice to read something that I could relate to. 

Sending you peace. 

evmadi's Avatar evmadi 07:24 PM 03-14-2014
I had a loss at around 11 weeks. I have since been pregnant again and have my rainbow baby. She will be 2 in May. For me, the fear of loss did not decrease during the pregnancy. My early pregnancy symptoms suddenly improved at about 12 weeks, I was sure it was happening again. All was well, but I was freaked until she started moving. Then, if she wasn't moving I would panic. As we approached her due date I became afraid of stillbirth. I have always been a worrier, I still am but I have 2 happy healthy girls.
Also, aside from some mild breast tenderness, I do not recall any symptoms before 6 or 7 weeks.
Up